PDA

View Full Version : First thing you ever BOUGHT for yourself

Cristi
05-28-2007, 09:10 PM
There is a thread going right now for the first thing you tried on... but that was too easy. I think the real hurdle for me was the first time I actually BOUGHT something. For myself. In person.

After a while, making do with things found in the attic or my sisters' rooms just wasn't good enough. There were certain items of clothing that I just HAD to have that were mine and only mine.

I don't know how long it took me to screw up my nerves, but I have very vivid memories of the day when I was about 14 that I finally got the nerve to enter a store WALK INTO THE WOMAN'S SECTION (something that took every ounce of resolve I had) and look for what I wanted.

A few minutes after I started browsing, a young associate (probably no older than 18 herself) approached me and asked if she could help. I made up some lame story on the spot about a girlfriend who was sick in bed (I think I actually said 'in the hospital') who needed a few things. I was probably sweating and pale as a ghost at this point from being so nervous, but she played along. Of course, this girl I was buying for was 'about my height' and 'about my build' but had failed to tell me any sizes when sending me on this shopping errand.

About 1,000 years later, by my estimation, I left the store with a pair of panties and a pink cotton nightgown. My first woman's clothes that I had bought myself, with my own money. I don't think it got much easier for several years after that, but finally the cold chills and shaking went away.

Now I can buy things pretty calmly while in 'drab' and there are some things I only let myself purchase if I shop for them enfemme. The only heart-stopping moment I've had for quite a while was when I was stocking up on pantyhose at a sale and, after I put the 8 pair or so on the cashier's counter, realized that she was somebody I knew (an old schoolmate).

So how nerve-wracking was your first shopping experience?

BOOTLOVINGGIRL
05-28-2007, 09:17 PM
My first purchase was at Lerners as an adult. I bought a stretchy black miniskirt and 2 pairs of panties. I was nervous as hell but the SA just smiled and rang up the sale. That emboldened me further so it was off to Ross to buy a a pair of high heels on closeout. I didn't say anything and neither did the SA. The store was quite busy and I had gotten away with buying shoes! Ran home and tried them on with my new skirt and panties. What a thrill!

Daintre
05-28-2007, 09:22 PM
I can remember the first time very well, I was 11 years old, I caught a bus downtown to the Woolworth's store (a discount store). I had saved my allowance and had enough for a pair of panties...I was so scared, I walked up and down the aisles close to the lingerie for a very long time. I found a pair in my price range, got the large size in a green color which looking back was probably why they were on sale. I held them tight in my hands got to the check out ...I expected a severe look, but the clerk was nice, rang it in and I was on cloud 9 hop, skip and jumping all the way home.

suchacutie
05-28-2007, 10:07 PM
The first thing I bought was on the internet: 6" black patent platforms.

The first thing live was in a Payless in Atlanta. I was trying on some 3.5 " brown mules (just wonderful!) and a SA asked if they were for me (I was trying them on, after all!). I just smiled and said I'd take them. My wife was in the store and she added her perchases and I paid for the lot. As I was paying my wife asked me why I only got one pair...such a cutie she is !!!

tina

Jocelyn Quivers
05-28-2007, 10:29 PM
My very first purchase for myself was a pair of blue Leggs Tights from a CVS store near where I went to college at the tender age of 18. I remember coming up with an excuse for why I would be buying womens tights. I think I tried saying that I played football and I was buying them for warmth.

I was so nervous and scared as I waited in line to buy them. Everything went fine except for I could hear the elderly ladies in line behind me making some kind of comment to each other as of to "is he buying pantyhose?" which did not do much for my confidence and did a lot to help with my denial of being a cross dresser at the time. Jocelyn

Sarah W.
05-28-2007, 10:41 PM
The first thing I ever bought was some panties and bras that I got through mail order.

The first thing I ever bought in person was some panties and stockings which I claimed was for my girlfriend. I got along fine with it and was honestly more concerned about someone I knew seeing my buying them then I was about the people in the store (i.e. there was no 'girlfriend', I was single at the time).

Julogden
05-28-2007, 10:49 PM
My first purchase was at age 18, summer of 1969 between high school and my very brief college career. Bought some makeup and pantyhose in a department store that we used to have here called E.J. Korvette, now long out of business. Nervous to the extreme, but I did it.

Carol:hugs:

marie354
05-28-2007, 11:00 PM
My SO and I usually shop together. She picks out things for her, and I pick out things for me and then we both go to the checkout.
Well one day last month, at Walmart, we got separated in the ladies section. I walked around with a nightie and a dress over my arm looking for her because she had the cart. Well I decided after a while just to go through the checkout and see if she was outside. Yup... She was there waiting for me to come out.
I was more concerned with where she was than what I was buying. No one asked me why I was buying women's clothes or made any other comment. I shop there a lot, so they've seen me almost every week.
Next time it's back to Cato to see if they're more accommodating.
:hugs:

Dixie
05-28-2007, 11:21 PM
First thing I bought my self was a black with pink ribbon teddy. It had garter straps and fishnet stockings and black lace thong panties. I had gone down to phx. to care for my wife, my girlfriend at the time, who had gotten quite sick. She suggested I go out and buy myself something special, and take a break. I still have the Teddy, it survived a few purges, the panties and the fishnets, sadly are long gone.

Sarahwithanh11
05-28-2007, 11:39 PM
My first thing was a denim mini from the thrift store. It didn't fit very well - they had a dressing room but I was too scared to try anything on! I just chalked that up to tuition at the school of experience. Gradually, it got a little easier with each time and I started getting stuff that fit!

CDTiffany
05-28-2007, 11:44 PM
I was 14 years old, Just got found out by mom, Sent to a shrink. And the shrink, thought I should have my own outfit. I bought a blue gingham Square Dance Dress, with a huge petticoat, And 4" White patent pumps, with all the under things to go with my first outfit. Square dance dresses, Where a huge fetish of mine, when I was in my teens. Today this day, I still love dressing up, in little girl dresses.

XOXO Tiffany

trannie T
05-28-2007, 11:51 PM
The first thing I bought for myself was a pair of panties at a novelty store in the tourist community of Depoe Bay Oregon. I was terrified as I walked to the cashier to pay for them I knew that every eye in the store was on me. I paid for the panties and left the store somewhat surprised that the Transvestite Police weren't outside waiting for me.

After the terror of my first purchase when I tried them on they didn't fit. Doh! ! !

:bonk:

cdlaura2007
05-29-2007, 12:19 AM
I was about 14 or 15 when I bought pantyhose for the first time. I had been dressing for several years and was afraid my sister was noticing that i was taking her pantyhose. I bought them in a convenience store and fortunately the candy isle was right next to the them. I spent a lot of time looking at candy before grabbing a pair and paying for them. I made up some excuse about my mom needed them and was thrilled when I finally got home to put them on.

Randy
05-29-2007, 12:42 AM
I was in Victoria's Secret looking at bras. I had selected two bras that I was interested in, and when the saleslady asked if she could help, I couldn't believe it, but I actually heard myself ask for a changing room to try them on and compare the fit. I chose the cotton racerback for concealment, and bought it.

That experience was the best thing that has ever happened to me regarding my CDing. That was right before the internet boom, so I hadn't yet found forums such as this one. In other words, I had no idea that I had so much company.

There were other items before then, but I never had admitted that they were for me.

Sheri 4242
05-29-2007, 01:15 AM
I can remember the first time very well, I was 11 years old, I caught a bus downtown to the Woolworth's store (a discount store).

Jenni,

H'mmm - commonality!

First to digress: I surely do remember Woolworth's! (How many on here recall the "Five and Dime" stores?) Then Savannah and Atlanta both got K-Mart and the "Dime Stores" were on the way out.

Anyway, to answer the thread's question, I too, was about 10-11 years old, and I also caught a bus for this first outing to shop for myself. I first went to the "Savaings & Loan" where I had a small account (from cutting lawns, etc. -- dad kept the passbook, but I knew where it was, and it was money I had earned). Anyway, I made a small withdrawal and went to the Red Goose shoe store. Bought a pair of tights and a leotard! Nerves were shot the entire time, but it was no problem. A few months later, took the bus downtown to Sears and bought a pair of panties and a bra. The SA was this old crumudgeon who surely gave me dirty looks!

((( "Woolworth's" -- "Dime Stores" -- "Five & Dime stores" -- Savings & Loan Banks -- guess some of us surely know how to give strong hints regarding our age . . . )))

brenya
05-29-2007, 01:29 AM
a red and black polka dotted mesh thong with a little black bow

Andi
05-29-2007, 01:33 AM
Don't forget S.S. Kresge the forerunner of K-Mart. Now who's showing their age??

Kate Simmons
05-29-2007, 02:01 AM
The first time I went shopping years ago, I bought what I considered to be the "basics". Bra, pantyhose, panties, nightie, wig, makeup.:happy:

Sheri 4242
05-29-2007, 02:04 AM
Don't forget S.S. Kresge the forerunner of K-Mart. Now who's showing their age??

Remember that, too! There was one near my aunt's store -- and she'd take me to their soda fountain as a child for a malt and a BLT!

RobertaFermina
05-29-2007, 03:26 AM
I bought my wig. A reddish-brown flip. About 10 years ago. I went to a wig store, talked to the ladies, and sampled a number of wigs trying to find the right color and style.

There I was in my Guy Clothes, sitting in a wig shop with two female SA's fawning over me as they tried wigs on me. I was nervous at first, then decided that I was gonna go through with it, and then I really connected with the SA's and it became fun!

I didn't have the guts to try a blonde wig, back then. So I bought the next best thing...

I wore the wig up until last month.

Now that I have a blonde wig, I'm not sure when I'll ever wear the old girl again!

:rose: Roberta :rose:

faltenrock
05-29-2007, 03:30 AM
I remember my first item too. It was a dark blue tennis skirt with pleats,
actually it was rather to small to fit properly. I had just turned 18 and had my first car. The car made things alot easier.

Doreen

CD Tammy
05-29-2007, 04:39 AM
The first thing I ever bought was a pair of pantyhose. I wrote out a few items on a paper and acted as though I was buying them for my mother. The checkout girl smiled at me as if she saw right through that crap and knew.

RachelDenise
05-29-2007, 04:41 AM
The first item I bought was a yellow 34B bra from the JC Penny catalogue. The first thing I bought in person was a garter belt, panties and stockings! Been buying ever since.

christina marie
05-29-2007, 04:57 AM
17 years old, marched my little behind into Fredricks, picked out a cute pink bra,SA asked if i would like the matching thong... well duh! almost 20 years ago. woke up in them this morning!

Joy Carter
05-29-2007, 05:09 AM
I never made any pretenses as to why I was buying girlie items. It still wasn't easy until several year ago, when I was all but tared and feathered by three young sa's. With and emphasis on the "A (a--)".
I hope they are reading this because they only emboldened me to buy what I want and not worry about what someone might think.

Petra1
05-29-2007, 05:53 AM
My first purchase was by telephone from Fredericks. A stretch tank dress that I still have. I was nervous as hell when I got off the phone. I was still living with my parents, fresh out of college. And dad was home when I made the call. All I can say is, thank God for PO Boxes.

My first in-person purchase was a black bra, which I still have.

I don't wear these that much anymore, though.

alshea243
05-29-2007, 05:56 AM
i was 18 jut moved out bought some panties.bra.and night gowns.after i got back home i threw away my man underwear decided to wear panties all the time

Deanna2
05-29-2007, 05:57 AM
If I can remember rightly my first purchase was just after the war (although I can't recall which war) and it was a pair of pantyhose.

MsJoann
05-29-2007, 06:02 AM
I was in my early 20's. Department store called Caldor. I think it was panties, bra and a teddie.
Was so pumped-up that I didn't care who saw me. I just wanted to get home and wear them.
Most of the time others are oblivious of me perusing the ladies clothing...there are occasions...rather....(certain un-educated) women who will give me the Benny Goodman Glare!

Amelia Coffey
05-29-2007, 06:03 AM
June, 1984. JC Penny, Ala Moana Mall in Honolulu, HI. I was on active duty military on my way to an island out in the middle of the Pacific. Would be there an entire year, unaccompanied. No longer would I have my wifes castaways. I certainly didn't want to spend a year without a single item of femme clothing.

Had a couple of days before my plane was to leave, so I spent that time trying to build the nerve to buy something. Finally, when it was getting down to the wire, I went into JC Penny, picked up a couple of sexy mens bikinis and then went to the ladies department and browsed from a distance. Time was running out so I walked right up to a rack of panties and selected three. One navy, one pink and one grey. Took them to the counter and paid for them. The SA was plesant. I tried to speak but my voice was not cooperating.

I finally had panties of my own, purchased by me. What a rush. They were the only items of femme clothing I had for the next year.

Michelle04240
05-29-2007, 06:06 AM
I had made purchaces online..wig, breastforms, panties...

Shop with my wife most of the time. First thing of my very own was a pair of black satin panties she got me.

First item on my own was a pink satin and lace cami from Rave at the mall. I had seen it a few days before, and went back to get it. Did not see it where it was and asked a SA about it. She showed me where they were moved to and picked out my size.

Vicky_Scot
05-29-2007, 06:39 AM
Two pairs of lovely silk panties......:D

Sandra H
05-29-2007, 06:50 AM
The first thing I brought myself was when I was 18 and I was on my first trip to London alone. On the way back to Euston station for the trail home I called into a shop and brought myself some tights American Tan was the colour. :heehee:

Like lots of you my heart was going 90 to the dozen and I was so nerves but I was so thrilled as I walked to the station. As I got on the train I could not wait for it to pull out of the station so I could go to the toilet and put them on. I live in the North West of England and in those days the train could take up to 3 or 4 hours so I was sat there knowing that I was wearing tights under my trousers. Now days I either buy things mail order of the Internet, but I also just walk into a shop and ask for what I want. One thing of getting older I am in my mid 50’s and most of the sales assistants are in their 20’s or 30’s they look at me as an old man who must be way past anything sexual so I must be buying the item as a gift for my daughter or even granddaughter. :(:eek:

soccervixen
05-29-2007, 07:09 AM
In person, some panties from Kohls. But I had bought several things online before that.

erickka
05-29-2007, 07:20 AM
I was about 18 or so,late 1970's, I bought a skirt, blouse, bra, panties, and a pair of sandals with 5" heels. It was for halloween, but needless to say, that broke the ice for me to buy whenever I wanted to, without feeling nervous about doing it.

battybattybats
05-29-2007, 08:42 AM
It was only about 5 or 6 years ago I think. A pair of patterned stockings that managed to stay up for only about 15 minutes.

Jenny Beth
05-29-2007, 09:11 AM
My wife and I always shop together and she does the ritual at the till. But the first thing I ever bought and paid for myself while enfemme was a bra in a lingerie shop at a mall in Vancouver. Later that day I tried on several pairs of high heels but they were a bit pricey for our budget. It didn't matter though, the whole experience that day was wonderful.

Kristen Marie
05-29-2007, 09:15 AM
The first thing I remember buying was a black garter belt at a specialty shop in Harvard Square. They had wonderful items, but it was a ladies shop, not a fetish shop. I still remember it as if it was today. The shop is gone but the building is still there.

Samantha B L
05-29-2007, 09:20 AM
I bought a red disco party dress when I was like 19 or 20 years old. I was scared to death. I used a very lame cover story about the "present for my sister". I'm certain the sales associate saw right through me. This GG freind who went on shopping trips with me got a little bit tough with me and told me that I didn't need cover stories and that I should just buy what I like and the store would be more than happy to make a sale.

Faye Lynn
05-29-2007, 01:12 PM
My first purchase were four inch red pumps, three pairs of silky panties with lace, bras, nylons and garters. I had been dressing for several years at the time, the excitment was wonderful. I bought the shoes at a shoe store, the panties, bras and stockings at Fredricks. I think the girl at Fredricks knew the items were for me. I really enjoyed her suttle questions and the evasive answers I gave. When I left she said I hope you enjoy everything, I said I'm sure I will! I was excited for days afterward.

Love
Faye Lynn

Sarah_new
05-29-2007, 05:02 PM
The first thing I bought for myself was a Basque. It was late January, so I think the store thought I was buying a Valentines gift for my SO.

Lisa Marie
05-29-2007, 05:17 PM
The first thing I rememeber buying was back in 96 I think it was a pair of pantyhose from Walmart. I rememeber trying them on for the first time and I had gotten the wrong size. :(

marie354
05-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Thinking back a bit more... (I guess I need new RAM chips.)
I can remember buying a Teddie at a Fredericks once. I told them it was a surprise for my GF. I was very nervous looking through the isles and racks, But I got it and went home and promptly put it on. :happy:

Alice B
05-29-2007, 05:36 PM
My first purchase was at a Maidenform store, where I bought two pairs of matching panties and bras. The salesperson looked at me and asked if I had the right size. I simply said I'm sure they were correct, without being specific as to who they were for. A while later that same day I got bold and came back and bought a nightie and asked if she thought it would fit me. She said it should and that I could try it on if I wanted. I didn't, but it fit and I still wear it a lot to bed.:hugs:

CindyFinalyFree
05-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Unfortunately for me, I grew up in a full household, having 2 older brothers, an older sister (great source of things to try on... ) and a younger brother. That being the case, I survived on raiding my sister's closet when I felt the urge to dress. There was no way I could 'hide' anything in that house, so any thoughts of buying my own things was quickly dismissed.

When I was out of 'that' house, I recall my first purchase was panty-hose at the local Quick-Trip. Well..... ok, I was too shy, and 'lifted' them (NOT RECOMMENDED, although I didn't get caught).

My first actual 'purchase' wasn't until I was 30-something. I stopped in a Jones store and picked out a nightgown. The sales 'girl' there come over to offer help just as I had removed the selected purchase from the rack, so to stall, I asked her if I should get matching panties (fully wanting them, but trying to play it off....). I know she saw right through me, as I was so nervous, and still remember feeling the blood rush to my face. I forged ahead and paid for the nightgown and pair of panties (that in the end, didn't even match quite right in color, but I was in a hurry to get out of the sales-lady's sight before she could call over a 'third' fellow employee to gawk). That was the first and 'only' time I've ever gotten a negative reaction.

Since then, I just buckle up and go. Browse if I need to, wander a bit, and just do what needs to be done. I am of the belief that 'if you react like you're doing something 'wrong' or 'weird'.. others will pick up on that and only amplify it. On the flip side, if you go about your shopping as if it's nothing but another trip, people pick up on that too, and unless they're just plain hurtful, usually won't bat an eye. That's my experience, anyway. Anyone else feel this way?

Lovely Rita
05-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Let's see....I believe it was stockings. Yes, I bought stockings. I summoned up the courage and went into a ladies lingerie store and bought about 3 pairs of them. Then I went up to the roof of my apartment building and put them on. I must have been around 16.

Roxi Loh
05-29-2007, 06:54 PM
I had to think a long time. I think my first purchase was from Frederick's of Hollywood. It was from a catalogue and it was by phone. I bought a lace teddy, some shoes and a nightgown. I was very scared talking to the phone rep but I am sure she knew exactly what was going on. I was an adult at the time. My wife had purchased many things over the years but I was getting tired of asking her. Shortly after that It was online purchasing. The first thing I bought in a store was in male mode and was at a store called XI. The clothes were a bit too young for me but I saw somethings I liked. I bought a nice printed top and a black stretchy skirt. Still wear them both. After that, the dam broke, I love shopping don't care what anyone thinks.

KarenSusan
05-29-2007, 07:19 PM
About 20 years ago, an off the rack dress at K-mart.

Trina82
05-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Mine was a Vassarette blue underwire cotton bra from Wal-Mart. I was so nervous about it, I thought I was going to vomit on the way back to my car. Now I just get a slight lump in my throat and pass the nervousness off as, "It's for my girlfriend."

Eva Diva
05-29-2007, 08:19 PM
The first thing I bought was a tube of Revlon lipstick. Ahhhh.... :D Never been the same. :love:

stormrider
05-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Like it was yesterday. 1976 two pair of pantyhose from a 7-11 store in Fredricksburg, VA at around 9:30PM. One pair of No nonsense, and one pair of store brand (liked the store brand better). I was extremely nervous and had many excuses for the purchase if questioned, but I didn''t even get a second glance from the girl behind the counter. I couldn't wait to get to thenext rest area so I could put a pair on.

Michelle

Charleen
05-29-2007, 09:35 PM
Pantyhose.

sterling12
05-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Isn't it interesting how we remember that first purchase so well. I would bet money that 99% of all gurl's remember their first purchase. Would be a significant event, and a milestone.

For me it was the desire to own a garter belt. I'm around 14. My Sister's had moved out of the house and Mom only wore girdles.

And off we go to The Old Katz Drug Store to pick out a pretty one! Actually, had already "pre-shopped" and knew what I was after. A very functional, but sort of teen-girl pretty white, cotton eyelet belt. Think I paid about 69cents for it. (Yes younger Sister's, this was back in one of the ancient ice ages.) Took me about 25 minutes of building up my nerve and then the inevitable rush to the counter with my treasure in my sweaty little hands. Surprise, the lady just rings it up and out the door I go. I had expected interrogation, a call for police backup, a death ray......nothin'. Hmmmm, that's a surprise!

Is anyone else like me? I think that first item was so significant, I kept it for years until it literally wore out. All the elastic in the straps went limp and she was gone! Over the years I had dyed my little intimate friend black. Still miss her, sort of like losing a loved one.

What I have learned about shopping. I saw this theme several times. Don't volunteer some lame story about who your purchase is for. You are there to make a purchase, that's all. SA's are usually GGs and they are always happiest when they are helping someone. Let them do that, but don't tell them convoluted stories. They read right through that anyway. Heck, you just might make a new friend.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Lori Ann
05-29-2007, 09:41 PM
I was about 14-15 years young. I had forgotten that day until I read your post. I rode my bike about 4 miles to a Wackers store, isort of a Five and Dime store as well in the North Houston area. My first article of clothing was a black lace pair of panties. What a rush!! I couldn't wait to go home and try them on. Thanks for the memories.

Lori Ann

Rachel Morley
05-29-2007, 09:53 PM
This is a great thread :happy: Something everyone can relate to I bet. Let me see ....... my first ever purchase for myself. If I remember rightly, it was a long black straight skirt with a fishtail bottom. It was made of a shiny silky material that slightly rustled. I think I was 18 or 20 and I really loved it. I used to borrow a pair of my mom's black shoes and put my skirt and her shoes on and look at myself in the full length mirror when no one was at home or when it was really late at night and everyone had gone to sleep. :D

Kim_Bitzflick
05-29-2007, 10:00 PM
My first purchase was when I was 12 or 13. I bought a package of girls panties - 7 days of the week. I don't remember being nervous, but I'm sure I was. Little did I know where that would lead.

Rita B
05-29-2007, 10:20 PM
My mother would leave little notes in her bureau drawers to leave her things alone. Finally went out and bought myself a pair of black kid gloves. I wore them all the time for quite a while.

cindi51
05-29-2007, 10:41 PM
It was probably panties and it was before there was an internet. It took me several false starts before I finally stood in line and plunked down my money.

Hermione Simpson
05-30-2007, 01:43 AM
the first fem items i bought for myself was some panties and a bra to see how it went before buying outer garments

Ekatcha
05-30-2007, 02:46 AM
The first thing I bought for myself was a pair of panties at a novelty store in the tourist community of Depoe Bay Oregon. I was terrified as I walked to the cashier to pay for them I knew that every eye in the store was on me. I paid for the panties and left the store somewhat surprised that the Transvestite Police weren't outside waiting for me.

After the terror of my first purchase when I tried them on they didn't fit. Doh! ! !

:bonk:
OMG! I used to go there when I was younger. My grandparents lived in Waldport, so we used to take trips up there to see the sea lions and Flo, the praying seal.

back on topic!
Im pretty sure that my first purchase was a pair of Keds from JC Penny. My memory is horrible, so I can't be certain. Loved shoes all my life, so thats likely it... of course I do recall ordering a mini-dress and pumps from them once and buying a mini-skirt from another local store... those were the days! When I had courage, or at least fewer inhibitions.

RuthieER
05-30-2007, 09:44 AM
I was in college, wanting to dress, having discovered the joys of it a year earlier, and determined to get some clothes of my own. I summoned the courage and went to Sears. There I found a pink baby-doll nightie with maribou trim and matching panties, and a pair of pink nylon and lace panties. I hoped to get in the check-out line, and buy them quickly, with no fuss, and without meeting anyone I knew. As soon as I got in line, the cash register broke down, and there I stood, behind a little old lady, for what seemed like hours. Then a girl I knew and hung out with came and stood in line behind me! She made polite small talk but said nothing about the pink lingerie tightly wadded in my hand. As the wait grew longer, the little old lady turned to me and said, "I hope they get this line moving soon, before those melt in your hot little hand!" I wanted to disappear, to just sink into the floor. The cash register got fixed, the line moved on, and I bought my first women's lingerie! It could hardly have been worse; everything I hoped wouldn't happen, did! But ever since then, I've never felt shy or embarrased to buy women's clothes! The girl who was my friend never said anything.

Ruthie

Ashleigh
05-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Pantyhose.

A:doll:

Tina P Hose
05-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Pantyhose with a bra and matching panties...I was in what I percieved as some sort of heaven....and then I more than likely purged.

Ermintrude
05-30-2007, 05:26 PM
I'd had an accident at work, and badly pulled some muscles in my leg. The hospital had given me some strong painkillers, which helped a lot - but they must have slowed my metabolism or something because I felt constantly cold.
Eventually I became mobile enough to go shopping at a local supermarket to replenish my dwindling supplies, and walking past a rack of tights (pantyhose) I remembered hearing that fishermen and security guards sometimes borrowed their wives' tights on cold nights to help keep the cold out. So I picked a pack of three (black) and threw them in with the spuds and sprouts. :)

No embarassment at all - it was a spontaneous purchase. But after I'd got home, tried them on, and looked at my legs in a mirror - my life changed....

My second purchase was far worse, as it was premeditated - I can remember my hands shaking as I paid for them (a pack of 5 bikinis).

Actually, some degree of embarassment is perfectly natural. I've gone shopping for underwear as a present for my (ex) SO - and it was just as bad. The Sales Assistants probably get some fun guessing if a man or woman is buying for himself/herself or his/her partner, but they can't be sure (unless you tell them).

Ashley Victoria
05-30-2007, 05:30 PM
I just bought some thongs and regular panties.

JC
05-30-2007, 05:44 PM
i just had to have apnty hose.... went to TG&Y and acted as i was shopping for mom.. no big deal.

Amy07
05-30-2007, 05:58 PM
After a wild party, the girl I was with needed to go to work early the next morning. In the early AM, while she showered and such to get ready for work, she told me to go to the local store and buy her suntan Nononsense pantyhose and a pack of tampons. I was still half lit, so I got one pair of hose for her, and two for me. She got the tampons too. I'm not into that. Oh those reckless days of youth. lol

Angela E.
05-30-2007, 06:07 PM
It was very nerve-wracking and the items were a half slip and camisole(black).I was shaking like a leaf, even more than when I had previously stolen stuff (panties,pantyhose).I gave that up for fear of being caught and embarassed.:hugs:Angela.:bunny::bunny::bunny::GE:

Denisegurl2
05-30-2007, 06:37 PM
My first buy in person, were two pair of shoes at Payless (of course!) - ankle boots and gold pumps. It was such a rush!

LoriFlores
05-30-2007, 07:50 PM
First was pantyhose followed soon after by panties, tights, and leotards :)

MelindaC
05-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Well, it's hard to tell, as I bought all kinds of things all in one day in an afternoon-long shopping spree. I was early to mid-20's and this was my first real chance to go shop for myself. Prior to that, I had "borrowed" mom's girdles, stockings and half slip. This is in the early 1970's, when I could really get out and buy my own clothes. I had started CD'ing when I was 11.

So one afternoon I headed off to the mall and hit the department stores (Hecht, Sears, JCP, etc.) and get fully outfitted. I bought two Playtex Cross Your Heart bras in one store. And then two Playtex 18 Hour girdles in a smaller store --- this was the only time a female SA was rather surprised at a guy buying ladies girdles. Also bought 6 pairs of those wonderful Hanes nylon stockings in the luscious South Pacific shade. Then a couple of Vanity Fair full slips and several pair of panties in the lingerie dept. at Hecht.

Then off to the dress department, where I proceeded to buy three dresses --- back in the days when I could easily fit into a size 14 --- I'm 6'1". I got one nice floral print with a nice flowing skirt, a lovely pink knee-length dress with the bottom half more like a straight (and tighter) skirt, and a blue back-zip dress, also with a nice flowing skirt. Last stop was the shoe department. I got a pair of sling open-toe shoes with 2.5 inch heel and a nice pair of navy pumps with a 3 inch heel. My wig I bought by mail order the first time.

I admit I bought everything without trying anything on. I had tried to research my sizes well ahead of time and came pretty close on most everything. The dresses and slips fit perfectly. Shoes were a tad tight, but stretched out some with repeated wear.

Whew!! What a whirlwind shopping tour!! Somehow I pulled it off all in one trip. For the most part, I was pretty confident and the SA's just rang it up as another sale. It was the beginning of the Xmas shopping season, so that might have helped too. The only time I guess I was a bit nervous was buying the bras and girdles --- but even then, the SA's didn't bat an eyelash... (save the lady who sold me my girdles)...

That evening, you can imagine how wonderful I felt when I was fully dressed in my "own" clothes. Can you imagine how wonderful it was to put on your first bra and dress? And that it was mine?? I was ecstatic and spent most of that weekend dressed, just savoring my first full outfits. Ah yes --- the good old days ...

Veronica99
05-30-2007, 08:37 PM
I think I was 17 or 18. I went to some store (which didn't have nagging sales assistants running around :thumbsup:), made sure there was almost no-one in the store and then scurried around trying to find something. I eventually found a chemise and bought that, while trying to remain calm. I still get nervous to this day though - luckily, the internet has come around (yeah I know, that doesn't count).

zencat-x
05-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Thank my lucky stars for the sears catalogs, back in the day. I ordered a big box of a little bit of every thing, almost, and some things in different sizes just to be sure of the proper fit (if at all possible). Maxed out the cards $500 limit. Before that, I shopped at the Goodwill deposit box.

joann426
05-30-2007, 11:21 PM
i know how u felt buying womens clothes at a store i did the same thing but now i go out and buy all of my things that i need and not being embarraced about it at all cause the cashier really dont know who who u are buying for anayway

Gunda
05-30-2007, 11:25 PM
Dark green cotton un-lined tube dress with a slit at the ankles. Still have it.

Best,
Gunda

Jennifer Soames
05-30-2007, 11:46 PM
my first time was a bra and panties and the SA was very helpful.

The first time I admitted they were for me was about 18 months ago. Was in a lingerie store and the SA came over and asked if she could help. I was hesitant and she asked me a few questions about what I was after. she then asked me if the person I was buying for was in the shop. I was a bit puzzled and then cottoned on. I said yes she directed me to the right sizes and the sugested a matchin bra nd panties. I wnated pink and she chose another 2 sets and asked if I wanted to try them on. I was embarrased and she was great. I tried them on and she would peek in and check the fit. She was great and toldme to come back any time and also what were the best times.

joselyn318
05-31-2007, 12:50 PM
First thing I about myself was this sexy thong back teddy. I am still disappointed I purged. :mad:

satinunderneath
05-31-2007, 01:01 PM
The first item I bought was a little black nighty. I was with a girlfriend that was a great excuse to buy things. When we got to the counter, the SA quickly pointed out that it would be to large for her. She at that point in front of the SA and everyone in line (and I think by camera to the rest of the world) asked me if I still wanted it, and that if I wanted it, I would have to tell her it was for me. Since then I realized it was my own body, and sexual appetites, the rest be damned. Some of the favorite times are when the wife and I find a cute pair of shoes, and we will ask almost simultaneously, "do you have these in a size 8 oh yeah and size 12"

KrystalS
05-31-2007, 07:05 PM
Once I had moved out on my own, I think the first thing I ever bought were a pair of heels from Fredricks of Hollywood thru mailorder. After that I think I ordered something from them at least once a month. The first thing I actually purchased from a store were a several panties from walmart. (in male mode)
Now I dont even think about it if I want to buy something fem for myself

Sodapop
05-31-2007, 09:41 PM
Last October, about a week before halloween, I bought some cheap shiny black high heeled shoes at Wal-Mart. There was another store customer in the aisle, and I felt the need to tell her they were for a halloween costume.

"What are you going as ?" she asked

"uhhh... drag" I said. My cheeks started burning with embarassment.

She suggested I just get the ones that are the most comfortable.

I said I didn't dare try them on and bought the size 9s and got the heck out of there!

espaniola
06-01-2007, 05:27 PM
It was at a flea market. I chose and picked up the clothes with my own hands, at three different stands. I said I was looking for stuff for my girlfriend, but probably nobody believed me, because a woman told me smiling, when I picked a sexy tube top: Do you like that one?

I bought three super-sexy garments: 2 MINISKIRTS AND A SUPER-FEMININE TUBE TOP. It's the only time I've dared to buy women's clothing in public, and IT WAS ONE OF THE HAPPIEST DAYS OF MY LIFE! I felt soooo sexy when I wore the miniskirt with the tube top, can't describe the feeling of sexiness and femininity.

ChanDelle
06-01-2007, 06:31 PM
I wasn't until I was in college that I mustered the gumption to buy a pair of gold hoop earrings to try. I'd pierce my ears and wear them privately on occasion. What a rush back then!

ElleCD
06-01-2007, 06:40 PM
A black satin basque. I haven't beeen buying my own stuff for that long so I still have it and love it. The SA was very nice and went into great detail describing how it could be worn with or without the detachable suspenders. She clearly assumed it was for me and her attitude really made the purchase extra special.

Karen Johnson
06-02-2007, 04:39 AM
The first time it was stockings. I was very nervous and mixed them in with some other things I was buying at a large department store. Two young girls were working the register and gave me odd looks.
The next was a bra and I ignored the clerk, not noticing her reaction.
The time after that it was breastforms at Walmart. The only other thing I had was a half gallon jug of Frank's hot sauce. A young girl waited on me and gave me the cutest grin while ringing up these purchases.

Mitch23
06-02-2007, 05:33 AM
I dont want to get into any shopping en femme vs shopping drab discussions, but the most memorable purchase for me was when I shopped as a girl, selected the items, used the changing rooms and bought them all as Mitch. I bought a long sleeved tunic style top and black leggings as an outfit for a forthcoming 'event'. It was about 2 weeks ago and i havent had the opportunity to try them on again - but in the shop I looked fab. The feeling I got from that was so amazing and something that will stay with me for the rest of my life!

mitch

Staci G
06-02-2007, 06:54 AM
I wass stationed in Germany from 75 to 82 while in my 1st year there I bought a pair of emerald green pantyhose in a store off post. I didnt speak German at the time so it was an event on its own merit..

I ran them as soon as I put them on but will never forget buying them..

occdresser
06-02-2007, 09:28 AM
The first thing I ever bought for myself was a short black skirt 17 years ago and it is still one of my many favorites

Joyce1702
06-02-2007, 09:32 AM
My very first purchase was a black Playtex "No Visible Means of Support" bra from JC Penneys. That was about 35 years ago. I had to ask the sales person (an older lady) for the correct size. I was trembling.

Joyce

carolineisme
06-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Tights and panties from Woolworths in Birkenhead (UK) at about 11am on a wet Saturday in 1972. Etched on my memory. I was terrified but the SA hardly noticed me or what I was buying -- she was only interested in her conversation with her mate on the sweet counter.

I rushed home and ripped off the packaging and (of course) instantly laddered the tights trying to put them on. Panties felt really good.

About a week later I bought a bra and pantie set in Littlewoods in Liverpool. It was a bit on the small side -- I have learned a lot abou sizing since then -- but what a thrill putting on the bra! It is long gone but I still get a kick when I think of that day.

serinalynn
06-02-2007, 10:17 AM
I don't remember much about my first purchase with my oun money it was IN the mid 1970's. A skirt and a top from a small mother and daughter shop near where I lived. I did go back several times in the 1 and 1/2 years they were open. I had 2 or 3 nice outfits, and they allowed me to try things on before I bought. Those 2 ladies were very helpful.

Kathi-Anne
06-02-2007, 10:34 AM
The first thing I bought was pantyhose. I remember bringing them home and couldn't wait to slide the pantyhose up my legs.

KarenMichelleLuv
06-02-2007, 11:19 PM
When I was 19/20 I had purchased a baby-doll night gown with matching string tie panties for my girlfriend for Valentines Day. Needless to say, being young, we both enjoyed her wearing that outfit. But I was also jealous and wanted to wear it myself. So I went to another location of the chain store I have originally purchased the gown at and purchased another one for me. My reasons for visiting a different store location was that I didn't want to run into the same check out girl and have to explain why I was purchasing another identical night gown. Funny how nervousness presents itself. So on evenings we weren’t together I slept like a queen [pun possibly intended]!

This first purchasing act gave me the courage to purchase “my first” satin garter, bra, panties and stockings later that month. I learned everything I needed about sizing from the PC Penney and the Sears catalogs and the earlier experiences I had wearing my mother’s things.

Moral: Girlfriends are wonderful reasons to buy things, even if the girlfriend is you/me!

Ziabotsu
06-03-2007, 03:39 AM
I've only bought two things, which I keep inside my male underwear. Just panties and matching bra. Ordered them off the internet.

Mitch23
06-03-2007, 09:59 AM
It would have been cool if you could have worn them together!

Mitch

Gina_darling
06-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Hmmm, the first thing I physically went up to the counter and bought was a black swimsuit which I was going to customise for a Halloween costume. The first thing for general everyday wear, well I bought many actually!

KarenMichelleLuv
06-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Mitch,

Looking back on things, I do wish I had come out to my girlfriend at that time. I might have not remained closeted/stealthed for all these years.

But the mind is a funny thing and I think having this secret was incorporated into my sexuality and self identity. I kept the fantasy of us both wearing the same night gown only to myself.

Sigh

JenniferR771
06-03-2007, 02:49 PM
I can't beleive I bought a pink birdesmaid dress at a garage sale--"for my Halloween outfit", (so what if it was September). The lady asked if I wanted to try it on--no nerve for that. (Would have been fun). I actually am one of those who enjoy a little giggling and humiliation--if not extreme. I was driving company truck.

First store, a year later was Salvation Army--yellow prom dress and heels--again "for Halloween".

First real store Big Lots--Vasserette bra heavily padded. On sale. Young man at checkout--I didn't like that. Woman and 2 kids in front of me in line glanced and said, "I hope that's not for you!" No. For some reason I caught up with her in store lobby and said, "Yes actually, this bra is for me. I am a crossdresser." She asked if I was a female impersonator putting on shows in a gay bar somewhere. I wanted to ask her to share a cup of coffee and tell her all about me. But she just went on her way.

SweetCaroline
06-03-2007, 03:02 PM
This is a tough one. I'm trying to think.

My first real shopping spree was around 20-21, at a salvation army store in Boston. I bought an eighties style skirt, and a vinatage dress, and maybe a couple other articals of clothing.

Yet, I remember buying my first piece of jewelry around the same time. It was a vintage looking dangling heart pin, much like the one in my avvie. I remember the attitude with the sales girl was like..."This is for my girlfriend and everything you know." And the sales girl's like "What a lucky girl". And I'm like, to myself, "Yes. What a lucky girl indeed." LOL

gmss
06-03-2007, 04:00 PM
This is a great thread.

Also for me, first time is very clear in my mind. 1977, Robinsons stores, jeans. Specifically, Pulse brand jeans. And not just any kind, the kind with no side seams, small front, almost hidden, pockets, no back pockets but darts, and a little buckle-ish thing at the top. I just had to have them. Also as many have posted, I was the apitomy of nervousness. But as it was a walmart-type store, most of the sales people were older and I went at a time when it was very quiet. I remember distinctly lifting each one in the pile, looking for my size (16) and then I'd fold them over in a way where it was not obvious to the clerk when I bought them.

I did that a few times, and then sometimes I'd wear them under my other pants, so that only I knew I was wearing them.

Pants; that's all I've ever really been facinated with in girls wear, but it's been 30 years now, and I still focus on them in my mind more than ever before. I just can't help it. After all this time, I still have dreams about it sometimes when I sleep. You can't imgine the number of hours I've spent trying to find them, and pants like them.

As a kid, I think I sometimes had an apearance of a girl, because I wore my hair long, and parted it in the middle, and maybe that's what started all this for me, I don't know.

Anyway, I'm glad I found this site. I've got lots of thoughts spinning around in my head, but I'll save them for other threads...

Hope everyone is having a great day.
:)

Stacey_At_Times
06-03-2007, 08:53 PM
oh dear the wonderful memories... my first store purchase was at a k-mart type of store with my treasure being nylons. i was so focused on trying to figure out what size i was, that i did not notice if anyone was around me. at the check out a young lady standing in line told me they were better priced in a 3 pack and my wife would appreciate that. off i went back to the rack only this time i noticed the looks from four other lady shoppers. that crushed my plans. i was about to run when i noticed they were moving away from me - i was making them uncomfortable. instant sweat, confusion and my mind went into blankness. i don't remember much more then i had them when i got home. i sure hope i paid for them...

natsymcd
06-03-2007, 09:17 PM
i first bought a bubblegum pink panty and bra :-)...was so nervous at that time when i first bought it....

Staci
06-03-2007, 09:21 PM
I think the first thing I bought was a pair of nylon bikini panties. I know I was nervous. I remember that I wanted any that had nylon and lace. Wasn't sure of the size. They were great. Now it is easier to buy almost anything I want.

Valerie
06-03-2007, 11:01 PM
The first thing I bought for Valerie only a couple of months ago was a perfume in the women's section of a large New York department store. A few weeks later I bought a couple of necklaces. Today was the greatest day! We went out with my wife and we bought a dress, two pairs of shoes, a necklace, and two clipon earrings. I can hardly believe it. This will be a day I will never forget.

Valerie

Long Tall Sally
07-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Pantyhose at K-Mart in 1975, the kind with "panties" built in. What a ripoff, it was only a white top with tan legs, loved them anyway! I've bought probably 2-3 dozen pair a year since. Shoes are the most fun to buy though, I love Payless, I try them on in the store, I buy at least 1 pair a month-sometimes 2 or more at a time if there's a sale. I'm a "girl" as I have over 150 pair of women's shoes!

Roxi Loh
07-03-2007, 10:40 PM
What perfume did you buy?

Tia
07-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Black bra (balcony), lace panties and stay-up stockings, about three years ago...

I remember I was nervous as h€#¤, but after I got my self forced to go in the store (a store chain selling only women's clothes), it was suprisingly easy. I just remember I was quite disappointed, because I couldn't find a single garter belt from that store:Angry3:.

Next time I went shopping I found only a garter attached to a panties, but SA was very helpfull and even she has a pair of stockings that were for long girls I should buy with those... I wonder how she guessed that my girlfriend (to whom I was buying them.. right...) was a long one :D.

Tia

jennCD
07-03-2007, 11:48 PM
... was a black leather miniskirt back in the summer of 1990 from a QVC catalog. Scared myself so silly about having to call from home to place the order, I went into the city and ordered it from a payphone.... then the inevitable jitters for days wondering if someone else would be home to receive the package and question it's contents. Luckily, I was the one who got to it first... whew
:)

Alice Torn
07-04-2007, 12:19 AM
In the 90's, I ordered som PH, from a variety products catalog.

Khriss
07-04-2007, 12:23 AM
..boots from "Freddy O" Hollywood "
andtheyweresweetmmmm!! xx"K"

Audrey34
07-04-2007, 12:24 AM
My first purchase was from a 1985 Sears Spring/Summer catalog. I remember I purchased several blouses and 4-5 skirts in different colors. I don't have any of them today!
-Audrey

Patricia Danielle
07-04-2007, 04:42 AM
The first thing I bought for myself was a white nightgown ( Miss Elaine ) with the spegittie straps hung almost to the floor when woren. I've always had a thing for Miss Elaine and Shadow Line. The longer the better..Patricia..

Angela Burke
07-04-2007, 04:57 AM
I can remember exactly.
With money from a paper round I bought two skirts
from a charity shop.
Lovely!

Love

Angela

Tvanessa
07-04-2007, 06:44 AM
My first purchase was from kmart when I was in my early twenties. I bought a bra and some panties. Heart racing I picked out the items and a birthday card so maybe the cashier wouldn't know they were for me. I used the b-day card "trick" a few times since but have given up on it because I don't really mind what the think anymore.

Kether
07-04-2007, 08:25 AM
First items I bought were a short pleated skirt and a white teddy, when I was 17, the GF at the time found them under my drivers seat in car. Bit annoying really I had only had them about a month, she thought I was seeing someone else and was very mad and ran off with them, boo hoo. I got one of my m8's to tell my ex GF ( by then) the clothes were owned by a girl he was seeing and she had left them in my car by accident and I got away with it.

stephanie66
07-04-2007, 09:03 AM
The 1st thing i bought was a 36B bra and pant set out of le senza with my wife,we took ages looking at the different sets and in the end we got a pale blue set,i got a buzz as we went to the counter to pay for it as only us two knew it was for me :happy:

immike
07-09-2007, 11:31 AM
There is a thread going right now for the first thing you tried on... but that was too easy. I think the real hurdle for me was the first time I actually BOUGHT something. For myself. In person.

After a while, making do with things found in the attic or my sisters' rooms just wasn't good enough. There were certain items of clothing that I just HAD to have that were mine and only mine.

I don't know how long it took me to screw up my nerves, but I have very vivid memories of the day when I was about 14 that I finally got the nerve to enter a store WALK INTO THE WOMAN'S SECTION (something that took every ounce of resolve I had) and look for what I wanted.

A few minutes after I started browsing, a young associate (probably no older than 18 herself) approached me and asked if she could help. I made up some lame story on the spot about a girlfriend who was sick in bed (I think I actually said 'in the hospital') who needed a few things. I was probably sweating and pale as a ghost at this point from being so nervous, but she played along. Of course, this girl I was buying for was 'about my height' and 'about my build' but had failed to tell me any sizes when sending me on this shopping errand.

About 1,000 years later, by my estimation, I left the store with a pair of panties and a pink cotton nightgown. My first woman's clothes that I had bought myself, with my own money. I don't think it got much easier for several years after that, but finally the cold chills and shaking went away.

Now I can buy things pretty calmly while in 'drab' and there are some things I only let myself purchase if I shop for them enfemme. The only heart-stopping moment I've had for quite a while was when I was stocking up on pantyhose at a sale and, after I put the 8 pair or so on the cashier's counter, realized that she was somebody I knew (an old schoolmate).

I never had to go to the store&buy anything,I always had marvelous
wardrobe in my mothers closet&I used to sneak in her closet&dress in her
good suits&I'd take a fresh,unopened pkg of pantyhose out of her drawer&
quickly return it,but I would dress in her skirtsuits&heels

helenejo
07-10-2007, 07:04 AM
A black chiffony blouse with a waterfall ruffle collar and frilly cuffs from a shop called Snob in Uxbridge. I'd walked past the shop plenty of times, seen it in the window & knew I had to have it. They were the height of fashion at the time and all the girls were wearing them.

I think the girl may have realised it was for me, as she suggested I get a bigger size:D

Sarah_new
07-10-2007, 07:51 AM
First thing I bought for myself were black stockings with a black bra, knickers, suspender belt set.

Gloria Wetson
07-10-2007, 08:02 AM
My first purchases were a long nylon nightgown and a package of panties while on a business trip. I slept in the nightgown every night and wore a pair of the panties under my business suit every day during the week I was away. I continued to do this on all of my frequent business trips, and actually looked forward to the shopping.
Love,
Gloria

sarah378619
07-10-2007, 09:33 AM
I things I first bought were thigh highs.pantyhose,bra,slip,and black skirt. I had been growing my hair out for almost two years and just felt so girly. I went to Ames dept store and was nervous so I had my hair in a high pony tail with a scruchy to give me confidence.I had been mamed with my long hair for a few months so I didn't feel too nervous.what a rush.
Sarah

dskin
07-29-2007, 09:00 PM
The first thing that i bought for myself was,matching bra and panty,brown in color.at Bra/panty store.I wasn't nervous,but i knew what i wanted to have and to wear.The SP asked if i wanted to become a club member,buy 10 bras at anytime, and recieve 1 free but remember to bring card to be stamped.well i have gone through 2 cards so far.and the SP gives me no uneasy moments as i wonder around :rolleyes:to find any other outfit ,be it a slip,cami.

SatinDoll00
07-29-2007, 10:32 PM
A beige satin chemise with a delicate floral pattern from Ebay. Lost it in the Great Purge of 03 :(

That was perhaps my single most favorite garment that I have ever worn...what a fool I was.

Morgan

angelfire
07-30-2007, 12:37 AM
My first purchase was a pair of green pantyhose, a white fishnets. It was around halloween, and I bought them from a costume shop. I was shaking so much I dropped the 20 when I tried to hand it to the cashier.

Alyssa Lane
07-30-2007, 02:08 AM
a bra for my self, i kinda lied and said it was for my gf

geo 1
07-30-2007, 05:34 AM
:GE::GE::D:DThe first purchase I ever made was a nice pink bra and panty set, I was so nervous,until I got to the checkout then I did not care.I could not wait till I got home to wear them I felt so fem

Shadeauxmarie
07-30-2007, 06:47 AM
Leggs Sheer Energy Suntan Size B. 9! to date. Or thereabouts.

CarrieAnneEvers
07-30-2007, 08:27 AM
A pair of size 12 hi heels at Payless. I thought I was going to die of heart failure I was so nervous. lol

PattiL
07-30-2007, 04:00 PM
A cotton crew-neck sweater when I was a teen. I remember because there was a girl at school that had one and it looked fantastic. I asked her where she bought it and ran out to JC Penney to buy one. The first time was much harder than any other time.

Deborah Jane
07-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Black bra and panties, when i was 17. I said it was a valentines day present for my girl friend but i still felt embarresed:o

Jennilouise
07-30-2007, 06:29 PM
the first thing i bought myself was a t shirt bra (38C) from a department store in plymouth but i still have big nerves donig still to day

Nastasha
07-30-2007, 08:03 PM
I was 16 and my first purchase was Panties ... from a Wal-Mart 2 towns over. I went in and walked around the lingerie department over and over. One of the employees, probably in her early 20's, finally asked me what I was doing, did I need help.

Told her I wanted some panties - she helped me pick out 7 pair - and yes ... she knew. She told me she wore Gitano, which back in the 80's had about 4000 different styles and patterns to choose from. So that's what we looked at and thats what I bought.

Went back multiple times when I knew she would be there and built my wardrobe up.

Made a friend and made my first purchases.

Colleentg
07-31-2007, 03:37 AM
The first thing I ever bought was several pair of No nonsense pantyhose from a convenience store rack, when I was about 19 and living in my own apartment. Up to that point, what I already had I acquired one way or another. Back then, it was mostly lingerie, nothing to wear openly. Shortly after, I became one of JC Penney's and FOH's preferred customers, ordering things in my ex-wife's name (I was married then). It wasn't long, I was buying dresses, shoes and skirts too.

chrissietoo
07-31-2007, 12:11 PM
The first thing I bought was a sheer blouse for my girlfriend. I saw it in the store, and loved it. When I got home, I put it on and realized I'd bought it for me!!! :D

Not long after that I bought my first bra at Penny's. I was looking for a particular kind and was very nervous. The women shopping there were very helpful in pointing me in the right direction--though I'm sure they didn't think it was for me! :heehee:

Ashly
07-31-2007, 12:24 PM
A full slip in white in a department store in Spain. I was on vacation with my parents and I thought it is a good occasion, because nobody knew me there ;)

KandisTX
07-31-2007, 12:30 PM
Shortly after mother took me shopping for my own things, I went out to the economy in Mannheim Germany and made my first femme clothing purchase. I bought a pair of stockings, panties, and a teddy all in dark navy blue. It was wonderful experience as I spoke/speak fluent German and was able to get the assistance that I needed from the gorgeous little German sales lady that was working there.

Kandis:love:

Ashly
07-31-2007, 12:33 PM
WOW...I bought my 1st skirt in Heidelberg, Germany...Seems the world is a small place after all ;)

KandisTX
07-31-2007, 12:41 PM
WOW...I bought my 1st skirt in Heidelberg, Germany...Seems the world is a small place after all ;)

Hehe. I was living in Mannheim as my Father was in the Army. Graduated from MAHS myself. Also, if you are a "brat", check out www.overseasbrats.com it's a great organization.

Kandis:love:

Elle1946
07-31-2007, 03:34 PM
My first purchase was pantyhose. I do not know how many years ago but it was a while back. "They were for my Mom" LOL!

Mary447
07-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Hey girls,
Well, I thought I was buying some thigh highs......in Target....but I was so damn nervous....when I got out to my car afterwards, I found out that I had bought pantyhose instead....teehee.....but I've since bought stockings,panties, thongs and the big one...heels at payless......I was at Sears today and picked up some thigh highs on sale....reg $6.00...on sale for $1.49.....guess I'm getting better.......LOL

Mary:battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes::battingey elashes:

Brenda_fish
07-31-2007, 03:58 PM
First thing I ever bought for myself was a pair of black stiletto pumps from Veronicas (about 2 yrs ago). But that was online. I bought a pair of boots in Payless in drab (and the SAs made sure I knew that they knew :Angry3:) and I have bought makeup in drab too. I have not shopped dressed . . . yet.

Brenda

NaomiLynn
09-25-2007, 11:03 PM
A mint green long nightgown. I think it might've been silk or some similar fabric.

NaomiLynn

Ibecomingfemale
09-25-2007, 11:42 PM
My first Femme Item(s) I bought for myself was four pairs of JMS PANTYHOSE @ Walgreens. (two whites, one suntan, and one off-black) It was on sale. I plan it out to purchuse the items early in the morning with any crowd and people. I was so excited I mistaken to purchuse four not two. I feel soooo comfrontable I buy PANTYHOSE and NYLONS when I see a good sale.

NYLON

shauna 9
09-25-2007, 11:55 PM
first thing I bought was a pair of nylon bikini panties.

Brenda's Friend
09-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Just this past summer, I went into a store with a U-check out and bought foundation and mascara as well as some apples, and a magazine, and some breakfast cerial, and a loaf of bread, and a ...

It was so scarry to be a guy in the makeup section and tring to find the right product. I just grab and go, hopefully I grab the right thing.

Other than nylons, I have yet to buy a piece of clothing!

Cheers,

BF

Tasha T
09-26-2007, 12:22 AM
The first thing I ever bought was a medium length brown wig at a wig shop on Hollywood Blvd. I was nervous, but the salesperson just wanted to make a sale so she didn't have a problem with me. Then I went across the street to Tony's Shoes and bought some 5" black high heel shoes and then to Woolworth's to buy some pantyhose. I went home, put them all on and it was ecstasy. That was 13 years ago almost exactly to the day. I've loved crossdressing just as much if not more ever since. It is truly a passion.

Claire3
09-26-2007, 01:16 AM
My first purchase was a matching negligee set and tights from a local charity shop,girls was i nervous or what?

Sabrina Flowers
09-26-2007, 01:25 AM
The first thing that I bought was a black PVC mini skirt and my 4inch heel court shoes from a fetish shop in Ringwood. I was happy :happy: for weeks after and would wear my shoes when ever possible.

Jonnie B
09-26-2007, 01:43 AM
I guess this doesn't really count.

My first purchase was via mail order. I couldn't use my home address as I was scared stiff the outside wrapping would show were it had come from.

Had to wait until I was in the RAF doing National Service, before I could send away for my first brassier.

It had pouches for each breast, one blew up the plastic inserts with a small tube to the size to fill the cups.

Had to wait til I was home on leave to try it on for the first time, looked fantastic but the 'feel' wasn't that great.

Lisa Golightly
09-26-2007, 02:13 AM
A pair of tights at the local newsagents :)

Sophster GG
09-26-2007, 06:03 AM
A pair of tights at the local newsagents :)

*happy sigh*

Awww, Hey Lis :heehee:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alexandra
09-26-2007, 06:08 AM
Tinkerbell Red Nail Polish with Glitter and Pink Nail Polish at 13.

loardata
09-26-2007, 06:57 AM
i was seperated from my ex-wife(she never knew) and i went to the local wal-mart and bought a bra and panty set-boy was i nervous. went back to my apt. and put them on and sat in a chair and looked at myself-ooo- did i have a good time-hugs from michille

BlkNYLONS
09-26-2007, 12:15 PM
My first ever item was a couple pairs of nylon stockings. There used to be the best hosiery stores here in the bay area....Alberts Hosiery. Boxes and boxes of nylon stockings behind the counter. The glass counter filled with exposed styles and colors of nylons. I was very young and very nervous. I asked for the most ultra sheer nylons they had. I never forget as she told me about the different nylon denier. She then pulled out Alberts "Velvetized' Stockings. The smoothest, sheerest, glossy nylons I had ever seen in my life. It was a older women and she began to show me and even let me feel them. I was almost shaking. I remember stumbling when she asked how long did I need for the girl I was buying them for.:heehee: I told her they were a gift for my older sister and she was very tall. I also never forget her smile as she asked me if her shoe size was also around my size. :o I remember buying those classic RHT stockings in four different colors. Black, off black, silvery grey, and dark brown. I went back many more times!:happy:

I always seemed to have very good luck with the sales ladies that helped me. I also found a great mom and pop owned girdle/foundation store in the "Mission district" in San Francisco (early '70's) Front store window full of girdles with stockings held up for display. I bought many open bottom girdles and Hanes dress sheer 415's stockings from that older store owner women also. Another that I knew she knew!:heehee:

Deidra Cowen
09-26-2007, 12:50 PM
I ordered a couple sets of Bras and those special Tgirl thongs from Glamour Boutique along with a set of Boobies! I think I jumped right on it the day after I had finished with my first Makeover and the Makeup Artist Phoebe Cross had given me the addy to order that stuff.

annekathleen
09-26-2007, 12:55 PM
First thing I ever bought for myself; panties and bras!
Last thing I ever bought for myself; panties and bras!

moira1952
09-26-2007, 01:04 PM
My first purchase was a lovely black pleated mini skirt , it was 1968 and I was 16y/o. I can remember even now the feeling as I at long last wore it , my mothers white blouse , her heels and my precious tights and took a walk into the backyard under darkness. I have Filled and emptied wardrobes since , but I still remember that little black pleated skirt.

Meeshell
09-26-2007, 01:11 PM
I was about 19 years old, and I bought a red fringed bikini style "stripper" costume and matching stockings at an adult book store. I figured if anybody wouldn't care, they wouldn't. I was right, the male SA smiled and said "you'll want a garter belt to go with those stockings, they are over there." I remember being incredibly on edge but not so much nervous. I'm sure he new. Probably wasn't that uncommon for him.

My first time solo buying my own lingerie in a more public setting was just recently at a Wal-Mart. I bought a couple pair of panties and a bra but I cheated and used the self checkout lane. Gotta love technology. I have shopped for years with my wife, but we've always checked out together. I haven't noticed if any of the SA's caught on, but they should have because my size is considerably larger than my wifes.

Meesh

ColleenShivas
09-28-2007, 01:53 AM
For me, buying pantyhose at a drugstore, or even bra and panties at (a more distant) department store was not really a challenge (a rush maybe, but not too hard.) Take them off the rack and go the cashier. Buying over the internet has even less personal interaction.

So my first real purchase was buying a skirt at the local Gap. My eye caught a wool box-pleat - far too short for me. I did have the "cover" that it was Christmas shopping season, so as I discussed sizes ("I think an 8") and color with the assistant, she probably thought I was buying a gift for a teenage daughter or niece. She was very careful to explain the return policy!

I was so thrilled with my success that I went a few doors down to a lingerie shop and bought myself a chemise that serves very well as a slip under my too-short skirt.:GE:

piggysan
09-30-2007, 05:40 PM
a pair of black satin pants. very skintight and that made me feel very very hot!!!

ArleneRaquel
10-01-2007, 01:57 AM
Bra's, Pantyhose & Panties. I say so because of my obsession with those particular ladies undergarments, but I really can't remember for certain. :happy: :love: & :hugs: Beyonce Welch :drink: Chardonnay & Being Glamorous :happy:

JoAnnDallas
10-01-2007, 09:11 AM
My first time buying fem clothing in public was in 2006. I bought a pack of 6 nylon colored panties. I used a self checkout. The first time I got assisted by a SA was at WalMart. I was looking for stockings to go with my new garter belt when a female SA came up and asked if I was finding what I needed. I asked about stockings for garter belts. She looked at me for a couple of seconds and then said "Right over here is what your looking for" and I followed her to another rack. She then helped me find the correct size, color, and style. The next time was at Payless. A female SA came up as I was modeling a pair of 2.5" slignbacks. She asked if I need assistant. I asked if the pair I had on went with my outfit. She looked at my outfit, then the shoes, and said "what is your size?" I told her and she said. "Be right back". She left for a few minutes, then came back with the most darling pair of 2.5" slignbacks. When I tried them on, not only did they fit great, but were perfect for my outfit. She then boxed the up for me and I followed her to the checkout.