PDA

View Full Version : Live Long and Prosper....

Karren H
05-29-2007, 09:48 AM
I was watching a Star Trek special the other night, on all the memoribelia that they just sold at Christy's... And they had some video from some Star Trek conventions... And as I'm listening to these people dressed in their Trekie getup.... Dang they sound like they could be crossdressers...

The simularities were amazing..

Clothing that they normally don't wear in their regular life, makeup, like to meet and talk to others that dress the same... buy all kinds of things to enhance their presentation, go to conventions...

One husband and wife were talking about that they had regular jobs and normal lives, its just what they enjoy doing from time to time... And. that they weren't embarased to go out in public dressed like that..

So what's the difference? Between a Star Trek fanatic or a sports fanatic that wears their team atire and paints themselves up on Sundays in the fall?? Only difference I see is we route for different teams than they do!! Hehehe. Rhaaa Rhaaa

Now if you were a Crossdressing Star trekkie and a sports fanatic....... Lol

Live long and prosper..... Ohhhh and dress pretty!!

Love Karren

Tammietoo
05-29-2007, 09:59 AM
Good comparison Karen, certianly there are similarities. Most people still consider Trekkies to just be geaky/nerds or a little out there--I wish that's what as bad as it got for crossdressers.

battybattybats
05-29-2007, 10:18 AM
Hmm... yes I've never heard of someone bashed for being a trekkie.

I do see the similarites.
Gender..The final fronteir?

Kate Simmons
05-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Well I'm both if you haven't noticed Karr, since I'm part Klingon woman. So, what's for lunch? Soj qagh --umm--yummy (best served live!):happy:

RobertaFermina
05-29-2007, 11:16 AM
I figure my crossdressing was cemented into my psyche during an especially vulnerable emotional phase in my life..and I watchted the episode where Kirk was saved from a transporter malfunction because Spock gave up on the flaky transporter pad and "cross-circuited to B". I believe, on reviewing the 'Net that it was the "Obsession" episode.

I was a total Spock Groupie...closed, logical, pragmatic, incredulous before the implulsive and intuitive Kirk.....somehow I'm more like Kirk today....except for a few of Shatner's more annoying habits......

:rose: Kplah! :rose:

Mitch23
05-29-2007, 11:27 AM
very similar thing with me yesterday - went to a Bank Holiday local fair. A group of Wild West fanatics dressed up as cowboys and indians put on a show. again some amazing similarities!

mitch

Chiana
05-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Space cadet here. My avatar photo isn't from Star Trek but it is a space sci-fi show. "Farscape". And the character is named..... Chiana. What a surprise. But I could certainly be enticed to dress as Seven of Nine or some other female Star Trek character.

rickie121x
05-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Space cadet here. .... I could certainly be enticed to dress as Seven of Nine or some other female Star Trek character. Absolutely! Seven of Nine was probably the most enticing and exciting female I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. I was truly in love with that character, and would do (I think I would....) anything to be able to emulate her looks and demeanor. Ummm what a feeling that would be!

Rickie :doll:

PS: And then there was the Borg Queen! To try to emulate her would be even more fun!

Karren H
05-29-2007, 12:47 PM
I am a closeted trek fan... Lol.. Don't want the neighbors to find out!! But to pay a half million dollars for an Enterprise model!!!! Ekkkk

Funny too they were interviewing Diana Troy and she said that early on she had to wear the STNG cheerleader mini-dress and that there were also a lot of guys wearing the same outfit on the set... She hoped she looked better that they did..

I'd love to have some of those Trek dresses!!!

Love Karren

Supergirl
05-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Yes, I also had visited some Star Trek Conventions. I wore a one piece jumpsuit. (The same Deanna Troi and Dr. Crusher wear).
No eyes were on me, because I was dressed in a female uniform.

TxKimberly
05-29-2007, 03:17 PM
I AM a Trekkie and always have been. There is something to be said for a world where humanity has grown up, is leading the way in the galaxie for being decent and kind, and where our most important goals are to learn about the universe and others in it.
I can get behind that all day long!
Kim
PS - love the little dresses from the original series - wish I had one!

Karren H
05-29-2007, 03:26 PM
I

Me too!! They had them and a lot of the STNG costumes for sale at the Christies aution last year!! $$$$

How about Kim in a cute little female borg outfit? Neat laser eyepiece... Matching mechanical claws...

Lol

Karren

Samantha B L
05-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Star Trek showed ocaisional TG overtones just once in awhile which treated the subject with dignity. In an episode of TNG Mister Data's Cybernetic offspring chooses her own gender as "female" out of the 2 possible choices. There are still a lot of mysteries surrounding the life and work of Leonardo Da Vinci. I shouldn't blab on and on about this. I'm not an art historian or historian of anykind. My opinion isn't qualified at all. But there are a few researchers who are guessing that Leonardo was possibly CD or TS and so he found ways to procure the patronage of nobleman in the Italian City-States who were of like inclinations. This is based mostly on computer extrapolations that the face on The Mona Lisa is Leonardo's own. And guesswork surrounding other aspects of his life. Granted,these aren't solid facts. They're just some ideas that have been tossed around. But may I say that I really enjoy the GG freindship on the holideck with Captain Janeway.

Sam-antha
05-29-2007, 04:01 PM
...... paints themselves up on Sundays in the fall??

Love Karren

I have never gone in for body paint myself, Sundays or not.

~Samm

marie354
05-29-2007, 04:04 PM
I just love things Trekkie. I wish my computer was as dependable as the one on the shows. Mine died and Now I'm on my SO's. Hehehe.

I did manage to find a red and black ST_TNG uniform shirt about 2 years ago. I was going to wear it for Halloween that year, but I was a wizard with a purple hat with stars on it and a sheer purple robe instead. BTW... The robe was part of one of my SO's outfits. She lost some weight and sent the dress to Good Will.

I'd love to find more trek uniforms. Especially the dresses.
:hugs:

linnea
05-29-2007, 04:17 PM
I think that Karren's analogy works very well. I'm not a Trekkie, but I enjoy some other forms of "dress-up" as well as feminine crossdressing. Perhaps we should specify--"feminine crossdressing"--when we talk about it to emphasize that it is just one kind. Historical societies have "re-enactors"; clubs and organizations have various costumes that set them apart. People seem to love dressing up as something other than their usual selves at Halloween or any other time they can "get away with it"--Mardi Gras celebrations for example.
Even with these other types of behavior, the general public still seems to regard feminine crossdressing (i.e., male to female) as aberrant and (to some) despicable. Where I work, many women dress in typical, traditional male attire (pin striped suits and ties, pants and jackets, jeans and sweat shirts, etc.). No one blinks. One guy wears a pink sports shirt to work--everyone blinks and teases and talks about him behind his back as if he were some kind of pervert. What a world!

Ruth
05-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Karren, thanks for the signpost to the world of Trekkies. I see what you mean. (Actually I always thought Cap'n Kirk looked a bit kinky in that stretch playsuit.).
I like flowery patterns and frills too much so I don't think they'd let me on the bridge on the Enterprise.. probably keep me in the sewing room.

TxKimberly
05-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Me too!! They had them and a lot of the STNG costumes for sale at the Christies aution last year!! $$$$

How about Kim in a cute little female borg outfit? Neat laser eyepiece... Matching mechanical claws...

Lol

Karren

Long as I get Sevon of Nines figure and corset with it, I'm game!
Kim (Resistance is futile!)

Kristen Marie
05-29-2007, 05:11 PM
And let's not forget Dax from Star Trek's Deep Space Nine. Here's the blurb from their site....."The biography of Jadzia Dax has to take two parts; that about the symbiot "Dax" who is around 300 years old and has had a number of hosts over the years, and that of the humanoid Trill woman, Jadzia" Dax was gorgeous and I wanted to be her/him...whatever.

MJ
05-29-2007, 05:19 PM
I AM a Trekkie and always have been. There is something to be said for a world where humanity has grown up, is leading the way in the galaxie for being decent and kind, and where our most important goals are to learn about the universe and others in it.
I can get behind that all day long!
Kim

another trekkie here and same thing love the dresses

az_azeel
05-29-2007, 05:25 PM
And let's not forget Dax from Star Trek's Deep Space Nine. Here's the blurb from their site....."The biography of Jadzia Dax has to take two parts; that about the symbiot "Dax" who is around 300 years old and has had a number of hosts over the years, and that of the humanoid Trill woman, Jadzia" Dax was gorgeous and I wanted to be her/him...whatever.

true trek fan myself... used to have my hallway decked out like an enterprise corridor.... but wasnt jadzia a differant transexual... i thought it was an interesting way to cope with the subject of transgender... by introducing the symbiot.... I remember that sisko always reffered to her as old man...

just a thought

Cheryl T
05-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Prosperity and Long Life...
Yes, I'm a Trekkie, CD, (used to be a sports fan)...

Gotta love those dresses on the aliens in the original series....yummm

Karren H
05-29-2007, 06:28 PM
Long as I get Sevon of Nines figure and corset with it, I'm game!
Kim (Resistance is futile!)

I was thinking more Laquitis of Borgish.. Lol. Resistance if futile, girly!!

:D

Love Karren

trannie T
05-31-2007, 01:28 AM
I am not a normal crossdresser, I don't do Star Trek.

Sally2005
05-31-2007, 01:52 AM
It would be interesting to go to a star trek convention dressed in drag just to see what kind of reactions you get. It seems to me it is exactly the same and I wonder if trekies would accept it more than the average or a trekie and CDer side by side would get the same treatment by an outsider.

I don't know about in the states...but here in Ottawa you might get a lot of stares and comments from people if you walked around in a star trek uniform (maybe less so than a CDer because a lot of people might not notice...maybe the same if you were looking like a drag queen)

AmberTG
05-31-2007, 01:59 AM
Oh ya, another "trekkie" here. I still have my origional models from the 1960s of the Enterprise and the Klingon cruiser, plus a few others not so old.
The uniforms are available on-line at some of the costume shops. I haven't looked in a while, but there used to be a pretty good selection.
The origional TV series came out when I was 9 or 10, it was the first TV show that I ever got excited about, but then, I've always been a sci-fi fan.

Jocelyn Quivers
05-31-2007, 06:07 AM
Interesting comparison, I remember when I was single I kind of hid being a star trek fan as closely as being a star trek fan. I figured my wife was the one for me when I told her on the first date I love star trek and she actually answered my phone calls after that!:DJocelyn

MoonBaby GG
05-31-2007, 06:25 AM
Space cadet here. My avatar photo isn't from Star Trek but it is a space sci-fi show. "Farscape". And the character is named..... Chiana.

I just wanted to say I LOVE that character, Chiana and miss "Farscape" so much.

Hilarious comparison Karren ~ I'm a Star Trek fan but prefer Jon Luc Picard. :heehee:

LaSirenaBella
05-31-2007, 07:05 AM
No apologies from me for being a Trekkie. Hey, it got me my wife. No, I wasn't even looking for a GF, but it worked out that way. :)

We both love sci-fi. And she made me into a Whovian, too.

Farscape rocks, BTW, Chiana.

Toyah
05-31-2007, 08:57 AM
I would so love to do the 7 of 9 look she is very sexy

sandra-leigh
05-31-2007, 09:42 AM
It would be interesting to go to a star trek convention dressed in drag just to see what kind of reactions you get.

Some of the people most active in our local group are also trekkies, and go to a lot of conventions crossdressed they tell me (e.g., Uhura). From what I gather, they have no problems at all. (Though this is Canada, and the cons they go to would be local or the cons in bigger cities -- I don't know what kind of reception they would get if they went to a town's local con in some hick state like PA :) )

JoAnnDallas
05-31-2007, 09:52 AM
My wife and I watched "Bueaty and the Geek" that was on recently. Love the ending. LOL Anyway one of the Geeks was a Trekkie and even wore his Trek costume on the show.

Lovely Rita
05-31-2007, 12:50 PM
As Mr. Spock might say,"Fascinating."
Beam me up Scotty. I knew I always liked Trekkies.

Great oberservation as usual Karren.

Tree GG
05-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Hmm... yes I've never heard of someone bashed for being a trekkie.

Oh I've seen plenty of fan bashing - trekkie or whatever.

I'd love to have some of those Trek dresses!!!

Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton - gift shop has uniforms from original series & beyond. Been there, done that. Way cool! Didn't get the t-shirt, but got my pic with a Klingon :happy: