PDA

View Full Version : Went out again

Ruth
05-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Well, I did it again. Drove to the next town and went for a shopping trip. Same routine – my clothes on under some baggy sweats to leave the house, then change in the car in a layby, apply make-up, wig, ear-rings and perfume, put on shoes, then drive on. I do like driving en femme – I even think I’m a better driver… more calm, considerate.
Anyway, I arrive, put my coins in the car park ticket machine, then off to the shops. For those who are interested, I was in a snug fitting pink sweater top, cream floral pattern skirt and pink ballet-pump style shoes. Also had a cute pink-and-white shoulder bag.
This was, I stress, my second time doing this, and I immediately noticed the lack of the thrill that I felt first time. This was old hat. Still very pleasant you understand but I was not on the edge any more.
So I went around the shops, tried on some shoes, spoke to a few people, ended up buying a dress and a bra, then off home again. I had decided to just speak and the heck with it, and in fact my voice is fairly light and I don’t think it was a giveaway in itself. But I don’t pretend I was passing 100% either. I have found in my limited experience that with adults in an urban centre during the day, it seems that 80% don’t notice me, about 10-15% read me as a woman, and about 5% read me as a CDer – and luckily most of these few don’t seem to care either way. Or maybe it’s natural British reserve and politeness.
As I said though, I’ve done it again, no problems, but no great excitement either. I’m starting to wonder if it’s worth the trouble. I have no difficulty shopping for women’s clothes as a man, anyway, so it’s not as if I need the shopping trips.
Perhaps this is just a normal reaction. Do you suppose so?

Dixie
05-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Wow you are bored with it already??? It sounds like such fun to me, to shop enfemme, my wife and I are planning to do just that in Denver when she gets back from Arizona.

JoAnnDallas
05-30-2007, 12:12 PM
I trust you read my ealier post about going to a shoe shop en fem. I have been out now 3 or 4 times and yes it is not like the first time, but there is still a certain amount of thrill still in it. Besides I also feel great out and about all dressed up. So far no one has made a fuss over the fact that I am dressed as a women. I guess that helps keep a little bit of the first thrill in each outing. I have not done a Walmart or Target, but thats on my list. Then the holy grail, the MALL. LOL

Angie G
05-30-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm still have not gone out dressed except Halloween but hope to do some shoppin some time soon :hugs:
Angie

Emily Ann Brown
05-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Thank goodness it still ain't like the first time....took the doctors 2 hours to repair the hole in my chest where my heart beat it's way out !!!!!!! GIGGLE

Emily Ann

Mitch23
05-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Been out three times en femme. a little less terrified each time but i don't think i'll come to the point where i'm bored with it. i suppose there might come a time where its no big deal and i can do either without thinking about it too much. i love girlie shopping, i love to mingle and to look at myself in the mirror!

mitch

suzy
05-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Not sure Ruth.....but I would recommend a shorter mini skirt... gotta put the zip back into going out!!:D

Mitch23
05-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Not sure Ruth.....but I would recommend a shorter mini skirt... gotta put the zip back into going out!!:D
Then try a ball gown - or a fetish outfit or something!

mitch

joann07
05-30-2007, 03:25 PM
It still is a thrill to go out, but I guess once you've done it a number of times, it just comes natural and part of your normal activity.
I have been out a little over 10 times now and, although it seems like its normal, I still get somewhat nervous, but not as much as my first time.

paulaN
05-30-2007, 04:09 PM
I hope it never gets dull when I'm in a dress.

Ruth
05-30-2007, 05:04 PM
I never said it was dull. Just that the extra thrill of the first time was missing. I still liked doing it. There's a trade-off though. Counterbalancing the pleasure is the slight anxiety that if something goes wrong, you are a guy in a dress and it will be hard to be taken seriously when you are arguing your side.
And I didn't say I'd stop doing it...

Glenda58
05-30-2007, 09:57 PM
There always a trill start leaving the house dressed. Go to someplace to eat. Go to a book store. Go grocery shopping. Do any thing that you would do as a man do it dressed. Get the oil changed on the car. Work in the garden. Don't hide from your dressing. The more you do the better it gets. Just look at Karren Hutton.

Mitch23
05-31-2007, 02:59 PM
I see what you mean - I went to my local designer thrift store in my lunch hour - talked to my GG friend - picked out a couple of items, tried them on, bought them and took them home. It seemed such a natural and enjoyable thing to do. not the buzz i had when i first did it - just something very normal and everyday - i guess mitch is growing up!

mitch