PDA

View Full Version : Narrow minded people

mistunderstood
05-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Were I live the local collage tried to have a class on transgender subject and the local christan mob was able to get it canceled. (I am not trying to be mean but I am real pissed). I was going to go. Makes me mad. Guess just lets me know that I live in bass ackward town. Well there is a big stink in are news paper of a few people who are pissed about the canclelation of the town so that does make me feel a little better. I know I posted in reply to this. So I will let you all know what happens.

John
05-29-2007, 07:03 PM
oh dear. religious fanaics of any veriaty are bad news... honistly, don't they have anything better to do?

CaptLex
05-29-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm glad people are protesting the cancellation, Aaron. If we sit back, say nothing and let these things happen, we'll never get anywhere. I guess those that got it cancelled were great in numbers . . . so we have to be greater. I'd be really pissed too. :Angry3:

Cai
05-29-2007, 07:10 PM
It's like the people around here that flipped out when excerpts from a translation of the Qu'ran were required reading for the freshman class at a local university. Do people really think that blocking access to knowledge is really going to help?

bi_weird
05-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Ouch man, that sucks. *BIG HUG* At least there's a group protesting. Next time you should be able to get something more.

O2B Barbara
05-30-2007, 01:22 AM
Always amazes me how many self rightous jerks are in the world!

Khriss
05-30-2007, 01:38 AM
.. And the "San Hedron" Knowing so well ,God's Laws .. and wishes..
proceeded to find ways to put "His" Son ...to death ..

"He" was so far beyond such things!!
...lessons for us too ?
"K":thumbsup:

fogivemeifthatsounded"preachy"eh?

kerrianna
05-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Well of course they would. After all we will bring on the Apocalypse. Better not to let us think we are human like them. :Angry3:

Let us know if reason prevails, and if not, maybe you could let us know what part of the world to avoid seeing as it's shrouded in darkness and fear. :mad:

Kate Simmons
05-30-2007, 02:17 AM
Actually the Apocalypse is being held back because of us. What these fools don't realize is that if they did succeed in getting rid of us, destruction would be swiftly upon them. Shooting themselves in the foot as usual but then again, how do you reason with fools and who says God isn't patient? The distinction of who really loves God will be evident in the end.:straightface:

kerrianna
05-30-2007, 03:09 AM
Actually the Apocalypse is being held back because of us. What these fools don't realize is that if they did succeed in getting rid of us, destruction would be swiftly upon them. Shooting themselves in the foot as usual but then again, how do you reason with fools and who says God isn't patient? The distinction of who really loves God will be evident in the end.:straightface:

Oh good. I'm glad we're a impediment to world destruction. Gives me more time to do my nails. And for the guys to learn to tie a Windsor knot (btw guys, anyone who can gets a gold star from me - my dad tried to teach me and I just didn't get it :p)

Kate Simmons
05-30-2007, 03:24 AM
It is prophetic Kerrianna. If you look at the dream King Nebuchadnezzar had in Daniel 2:43. you will see that the stone from Heaven strikes the feet of the image that is partly iron and partly molded clay. To remove us would remove substance from society, only to be replaced by something counterfeit and of inferior quality that would not hold up unless it was made totally of iron. This is the Creator's warning. You cannot remove an integral part of society with impunity. Like it or not we help hold things together.:happy:

CaptLex
05-30-2007, 05:11 AM
Just a note: I understand the reason this thread is starting to turn into a discussion about religion, but if it does, it will have to be moved to that section. :straightface:

Kate Simmons
05-30-2007, 05:39 AM
Sorry Lex, didn't mean to do that and Aaron, it's great that you and others stood up to make your feelings known.:happy:

mistunderstood
05-30-2007, 09:26 AM
As for were I live it is in between Cleveland and Columbus Ohio. Sorry I can not say more. But any ways I wish I could pick up and move but to many responciablities here.

privateperks
05-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Near Columbus eh- ouch. I lived in and around Ft. Wayne Indiana till I was about 13 - each town smaller than the last. And then we moved to mississippi, big improvement, huh?

Anyhow, I can sympathize about the religous fanatics.

Thomas

Dasein9
05-30-2007, 10:00 AM
I can tie a Windsor knot. Usually use a half-Windsor, though, since most of my shirts have button-down collars.

Aaron, I feel ya. I'm from Virginia Beach, Pat Robertson's hometown. When NYPD Blue first came out, Robertson and his minions actually got the local TV stations to show something else at that timeslot.

Do you know the professor who was going to teach the class, or can you get hir name? Make an appointment, go talk to the prof. If you know others who were planning to take the course, then a few voices can be stronger than just one. Even if you can't get the college to give the class, maybe you could do it as a reading group or a tutorial. Generally, profs don't get paid to do tutorials, but they do get to include them on the CV, which is good.

At the very least, you could ask for a copy of what would have been the syllabus, and ask the prof if you could email questions after you've read the materials.

Also, profs don't always have power to change things. Department chairs do. I've never seen even the worst academician turn away a student who was genuinely interested in learning.

Oh, and if you get that syllabus, could you give us the book list? :D

O2B Barbara
05-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Isn't there a bible college near Columbus? Might have been some of the influence.

I lived in and around Ft. Wayne Indiana till I was about 13 Thomas

Lucky you. I spent my deformative years in Fort Wayne, moved to Madison Wisconsin when I was 14. That was 1968. Talk about culture shock!

TV Wannabe
05-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Oh good. I'm glad we're a impediment to world destruction. Gives me more time to do my nails. And for the guys to learn to tie a Windsor knot (btw guys, anyone who can gets a gold star from me - my dad tried to teach me and I just didn't get it :p)

I can't tie a windsor knot either, nor can my father, oh well at least I know how to put on a bra.

kerrianna
05-31-2007, 06:14 AM
I can tie a Windsor knot. Usually use a half-Windsor, though, since most of my shirts have button-down collars.

Here ya go hon! :hugs:

I should have known a sharp dressing man like you would know how to tie a Windsor knot. :love:

Dasein9
05-31-2007, 09:45 AM
Heh, heh! I gotta goooollllld staaaarrrrrr! Nanny nanny boo boo!

CaptLex
05-31-2007, 10:10 AM
Here ya go hon! :hugs:

I should have known a sharp dressing man like you would know how to tie a Windsor knot. :love:
Kerri, you're such a charmer - are you trying to get into the Professor's . . . um . . . good graces? That I'd like to see. And now we've successfully taken this thread way off track.

Aaron, I hope there's a hugh protest/backlash in your town over this, and I hope people learn from it.