PDA

View Full Version : GG guilt

spaceycasey GG
05-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Do any of you GGs feel guilty? Every time I get dreesed up or even put on fingernail polish I can see Diane's desire to come out. I feel guilty about prettying my-self up. Is this normal for a spouse of a CD?

Sheila
06-01-2007, 01:56 AM
nope I don't ......... there again getting dolled up for me is such a rarity (and such bleeding pain:D), and if I am dolling up it means he is poshed up as well, and boy does he look good:p

Dizzy GG
06-01-2007, 05:44 AM
Yes, I do. It is the fleeting look on his face which I find so hard. He would never do it deliberately but in that moment I feel guilty, dissapointed as it spoils the moment for me, confused and so sorry that he is left feeling like that as I love him so much. This is not an easy road for any of us. There are times when things come up and give us a quick bite with no warning but we carry on because all we have together is so much more than the uncomfortable moments.

kittypw GG
06-01-2007, 08:30 AM
The only time I feel guilty about getting "dolled' up is when it takes time away from my family or if it makes me late. One more reason would be when my hair and makeup don't turn out right and it makes me irratated and moody. This is when my family suffers because of my childish responses and that makes me feel guilty and usually makes me apologize for my bad behavior. Kitty

Lulie GG
06-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Yes I do, and perhaps that is why I don't bother so much now.

As a not so accepting SO, I feel guilty that I can get dolled up, and it does spoil it for me, and that pisses me off as I am the woman afterall!!!

Leah B
06-01-2007, 07:38 PM
I feel guilty that I can get dolled up, and it does spoil it for me, and that pisses me off as I am the woman afterall!!!

Shouldn't a man have the same rights as a woman? Looking beyond the difficulties CDing can introduce into a relationship, he's got as much right to dress femmy as you do.

TxKimberly
06-01-2007, 09:17 PM
If I may jump in here for just a bit? Personally, I wouldn't want my wife to feel guilty, especially if this made her reluctant to get dressed up. It pleases me to see my wife look her best, and I wouldn't like to think that I am the cause of her not wanting to.

Kim

Lynn6643
06-02-2007, 02:07 AM
Well said Kim. I love to see my wife dressed up.

AmberTG
06-02-2007, 02:24 AM
Personally, I like to see a woman all dolled up sometimes. It never bothered me when my ex got dolled up, I always enjoyed it, even if I was a little jelous. I don't think that any GG should feel guilty about doing anything that they would normally do, even if her SO is a CDer, if the SO can't handle it, then I suspect that the SO has some issues that need to be worked out, it's not the GG's fault, it's female privilege. Lord knows that GGs have to deal with enough crap in a "man's world" without feeling guilty for putting on makeup.
Oh ya, some men do wear makeup in public, look at the members of the band "Green Day"

Mitch23
06-02-2007, 07:42 AM
If I may jump in here for just a bit? Personally, I wouldn't want my wife to feel guilty, especially if this made her reluctant to get dressed up. It pleases me to see my wife look her best, and I wouldn't like to think that I am the cause of her not wanting to.

Kim
I love my wife dressing up and looking sexy. She has some nice undies on today so I complimented her - I hope she doesn't think its because I want to wear them! She's got quite a negative image of her own body and probably is a little nervous of me looking a smarter girl than she does!

mitch

marie354
06-02-2007, 09:26 AM
I love it when my SO gets "dolled up". I tell her so all the time too. I haven't asked her about it, but I don't think that she feels guilty at all.

I'm sorry that some of you "real" gals feel that way and I don't believe that you should. After all your guy is still a guy, (well most of them), and I'm sure that they really like to see you looking your best. (I know I do.)

My SO never wore makeup before I started to, so maybe she did feel a bit that way at first.
She doesn't think that she looks very good at times and I just tell her how proud I am to be seen walking hand-in-hand with her wherever we go together. And I am very proud too. (She is such a sweetie.)
:hugs:

Kate Simmons
06-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Women look really nice when they get dressed up, something I can't hold a candle to really on my best day en femme. Still, it's always the inner beauty I always see and the person inside. In any case, no one should ever feel guilty of self expression and wanting to look nice.:happy: