PDA

View Full Version : your dad?

occdresser
05-30-2007, 07:45 PM
What would your dad think of your crossdressing? Would he approve? Would he freak out?

Darlene Rochelle
05-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Mine would totally freak out,too homophobic.:2c:

Michelle04240
05-30-2007, 07:50 PM
I have seen pictures of him at drag shows from his younger days, over the top vegas type shows, I guess he has gone a few times based on the pics I have seen. I have thought about telling him a few times, but probably will not. If I had to guess, I don't think he would freak at all.

Missy
05-30-2007, 07:51 PM
he would freak out
he cought me wearing pantis when I lived at home and he was not happy about it

Kate Simmons
05-30-2007, 07:51 PM
He knew and so did my Mom. He chose to ignore it. They were both overjoyed when I got married and gave them grandchildren. They figured it "cured" me, I guess. I never let on one way or the other.:happy:

MJ
05-30-2007, 07:52 PM
my dad would not approve of my dressing let alone my transition he would still love me but not understand why i would want to turn in to a woman. he was a good dad did the best he could at that time but transgendered issues he would not get

Sarah V
05-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Would not have approved. Freak out, not sure.

occdresser
05-30-2007, 07:58 PM
He knew and so did my Mom. He chose to ignore it. They were both overjoyed when I got married and gave them grandchildren. They figured it "cured" me, I guess. I never let on one way or the other.:happy:

My dad would certainly ignore it also.

occdresser
05-30-2007, 07:59 PM
I asked this ? because I know most of everybodys mom would be ok with it.

brenya
05-30-2007, 08:02 PM
back in the day he'd freak out whenever he'd see me with nail polish or anything, frankly I could care less though, he lives hundred of miles away and I havn't talked to him in over 3 years

trannie T
05-30-2007, 08:16 PM
He would be a bit freaked but would never have mentioned it. We never discussed anything even distantly related to sexual behavior or gender identity. My mom would have been OK with it, she would want her panties back though.

Dixie
05-30-2007, 08:44 PM
My dad?? I'm Thirtynine and I think he would freak out, and try to spank me like when I was a boy.:heehee:

Diane098
05-30-2007, 08:48 PM
My dad would abosulty freak!! He is the most close minded homophopic person I know. But hes my dad.

NatalieBliss
05-30-2007, 08:55 PM
I don't think he would be happy with it, but I am pretty sure he would roll with it.

Daintre
05-30-2007, 08:56 PM
My father would freak, in fact he did freak and it led to a time in my life where I do not go. The two of us never saw eye to eye again and it fractured the family.

lexygirl
05-30-2007, 09:06 PM
I didn't know my Father very well he died when I was very little. But I did tell Mom..... She freaked out and told me that we could work it out. Well when I showed her she said that she never wanted to see me like that ever again. I met my wife and she thought I was cured...... :tongueout my wify helps me I have the best wify!!!!

Cristi
05-30-2007, 09:45 PM
My dad found (and threw away!) my stash once and we had a very one-sided 'talk' where he made me promise that it was just a phase and I wasn't ever going to do it again.

I was so nervous about having been caught that I readily made the promise.

Fortunately, by that time was old enough to move out of the house and did shortly after. I think he suspects that I still dress, since he knows I don't like visitors that don't call first. If he DOES just stop by, he'll beep when he pulls in the driveway then sit in the car for a minute before coming to the door. Just enough time for me to change! :)

Sasha IN
05-30-2007, 09:52 PM
My dad was not amused or very accepting when I was a youth and he found a suspicious stash of female clothing in my room. He did mellow as he aged though and I'd like to think that if he were still alive that he'd be okay with it. Not happy, and not completely understanding, but still relatively satisfied with the type of father, provider and husband I turned out to be.

Ashleigh
05-30-2007, 10:19 PM
FREAK OUT!! Oh yes, can anyone spell D-I-S-O-W-N???

A :doll:

Roxi Loh
05-30-2007, 10:24 PM
He would kick my pink pantied ass he would...love him though...

Nicole_P
05-30-2007, 10:55 PM
My dad was one of us! :eek: I am not kidding! I wish he were alive so I could talk to him about it- I found out after he was gone :(

Nicole

Victoria Gizelle
05-30-2007, 11:21 PM
My mother 1st. found my lil stash of G.C. @ around age 13 & totally lost it, though she didn't say anything 2 my dad, he would have lost it completely! given me the beating 4 sure. She did not approve then and told me she would tell him if I didn't stop. But she never said; a word 2 him or ever mentioned it 2 me since:eek:.

RickNY
05-30-2007, 11:21 PM
My mother was pretty cool about it when I told her a few months ago. I think dad could handle it too, but my mother advised that it would be a good idea not to tell him, at least unless it became an issue. She said he would just worry about any potential problems I might encounter as a result (he is the worry type). Maybe some day I'll have that talk with him if the time is right, or if something comes up that needs an explanation.

At one time I had my left ear pierced 4 times and right ear pierced 2 times, along with hair almost to my waist, and he handled that fine, so maybe that's a good sign that he could handle this.

joann07
05-30-2007, 11:37 PM
What would your dad think of your crossdressing? Would he approve? Would he freak out?

He may freak or have a heart attack, but I don't want to find out.
Although, I have noticed that he has shaved legs, but I don't want to ask him about it.

Deborah
05-30-2007, 11:41 PM
My Dad knows and understands. He asked me not to long ago when i was getting SRS :D
If only i had the funds. :(

Krystenw
05-30-2007, 11:49 PM
The only time my dad saw me in a dress was Halloween the year I was in the first grade. My mother and the neighbor lady dressed me and her daughter up as twin Shirley Temple dolls. (I'm sure that was before the time of most of the folks here.)
I had ringlets in my hair that went nearly to my waist. Usually when my dad was home mom would put my hair in a pony tail and dad would just ask her when she was going to get my hair cut. He was a roughneck on the oilwell in Montana and Wyoming so he was gone a lot.
Anyway I stopped at the neighbors house on the way home like I always did to wait for my mom to get home. While I was there she put more bright red rouge on our cheeks and more very red lipstick on us so we would be ready to go trick or treating when my mother got home.
After a while she got a call saying that my dad was home. I thought that was great because mom never put me in dresses when he was home.
The older sister of the girl I was in school with walked me home and when I dad saw me, you could just see the color drain out of his face.
He had the girl take me in and get me changed and wash my face because he didn't want his son looking like "that". When she got me in some little boy clothes dad took me to the barber shop and they set me in a seat that looked like a jet and I got my first haircut that I could remember.
He never saw me in a dress again.
I take that back,
A few years later both my parents decided for some reason that if my mother would dress me up as a little girl that I would behave and not get into more trouble. Were they ever wrong. That didn't last very long.

linnea
05-31-2007, 12:12 AM
My dad died when I was very young, but from what I've heard about him, I would say that he would at least give me a chance to explain and he would genuinely listen. I don't think that he would "freak out," but he might not be able to understand it very well.

tasha
05-31-2007, 01:16 AM
Mine would have completely freaked out, over the years he has put 2 and 2 together and had even told me when I was about 20 or so to, 'snap out of it and quit doing it'.
Guess what, still dressing and thats probably the reason I am still in the closet, although getting closer to venturing out one of these days.

faltenrock
05-31-2007, 02:00 AM
I don't know. He died in 1993 at age 71.

rachel_rachel
05-31-2007, 02:14 AM
He dosen't approve of the shaved legs, he just shakes his head....
My mum found my things a few times and said she'd tell my dad, and if that had of happened, i would have been belted black and blue. Then kicked out of the house FOREVER.

Suzie S.
05-31-2007, 04:23 AM
He would have freaked out, no doubt about it! :eek:

RachelDenise
05-31-2007, 04:29 AM
Dad doesn't know, nor will he ever know. I don't think he'd take it very well.

alshea243
05-31-2007, 04:29 AM
hi girls my dad found out about my cd at 16 he locked me up in his church but naked for 4 days my dad is a peticostal preacher for them 4 days in the church i did not have nothing to eat i am 31 now after he let me out he give me a spanking from hell to back i still wear scars from the spanking at age 29 my dad was on his death bed and ask me for my forgviness.he aslo told me he accepted me

CammyT
05-31-2007, 04:59 AM
Aloha,
Freak out would be an understatement! He's old Army, a retired Master Sergeant. I'm a retired Army Reserve Officer (Combat Arms). Get the picture girls?
BTW, do you know it's a bit difficult to type with a champagne buzz at 2355hrs!:drink: :heehee: Let alone walk in high heels in the hotel room. :eek:
Especially since I've been up since 0400hrs!

Raychel
05-31-2007, 05:20 AM
I am very sure that it would not help our relationship at all. Major freak out, I am sure

Annesah
05-31-2007, 05:33 AM
Much to his credit I don't think he would have had a problem with it.

O2B Barbara
05-31-2007, 07:18 AM
Remember Archie Bunker? My father was the model for the show. The show was tamed a bit and edited for television.

soccervixen
05-31-2007, 07:28 AM
he would have died, but he passed away almost 12 years ago, so since this has developed later in life for me, he never knew. Better for both of us, I think.

Karren H
05-31-2007, 07:28 AM
Well what Father wouldn't want his son to grow up to be a crossdresser?? Duhhhhh. Yeah Right!! The number of accepting Fathers equals the number of accepting SO's divided by 10,000.. Lol

My father passed away a year before I started crossdressing again.. Might be part of the trigger.. Who knows.. From prostrate cancer... I miss him dearly.................

Now you've gone and gotten me all weepy eyed......

Karren

Angie G
05-31-2007, 07:44 AM
Dad never knew but I think he would be OK with it :hugs:
Angie

Kathielynne
05-31-2007, 08:09 AM
My dad was really old school and would have totally freaked out! I would have had to leave home (pretty tough for a toddler!). My mom sorta knew but never acknowledged it. Both are gone now. I'm thinking of telling my brother, but he has his own problems to deal with.

Kathielynne

Rhonda Jean
05-31-2007, 09:09 AM
I remember my dad openig the garage door to call me to dinner when I was about 6. I had on one of my sisters' skirts and was twirling around the garage. It was never mentioned.

When I was about 14 my mom was rolling my hair at the kitchen table as he sat about 10 feet away reading the paper. I don't think he ever looked at me. I spent a lot of time in curlers when I was a kid, but he worked 4 p.m. to midnight, and I didn't see him much. I tried to avoid letting him see me. I remember another time when I as probably about 8. This was back when my mom rolled my hair only for special occasions, maybe once or twice a year, if that. She didn't do it to make me look like a girl. She did it to tame my frizzy, curly hair. We were going to my grandfathers' funeral. She'd rolled my hair before I went to bed. We got up in the wee hours of the morning for the 5 hour drive. She said my hair was still wet and I'd have to leave it up till we got there. I could tell he wasn't happy about me being in curlers, but he didn't say anything untle we were pretty close to my uncles' house when he told her she needed to get those curlers out of my hair.

I wore some pretty girlie looking clothes in high school. Some were, if fact, girl's clothes. I remember once he saw me wearing one of my favorite shirts. He said, "That shirt's got darts!". I said, "What are darts?". He said, "They're these seams that are there to make room for a woman's bust. That's a woman's shirt!". I'd been wearing that shirt for a long time, along with a lot of other things that turned out to be women's clothes. My mom had bought them for me. I guess she knew they were women's clothes (I never asked). I didn't know. I'm pretty sure she bought them because they looked nice, fit good and were affordable. I didn't think they were overtly feminine.

I remember once him telling me I needed to "quit this pantie-a** stuff". Don't know exactly what he was referring to. Could have been a lot of things.

Looking back, he was pretty open minded for a former Marine. I'm sure he thinks its all long behind me now. It'd probably kill him to find out it wasn't.

diane59
05-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Step Father was complete @#$ hole, would have probably killed me. Natural Father was probably too drunk to care.

Sharon
05-31-2007, 09:46 AM
My dad, bless him, would have been the peacemaker trying to calm my mother down, because she's flippin' mad.

JoAnnDallas
05-31-2007, 10:01 AM
My father passed away in1984, but he grew up in the old south where men frequent KKK meetings, worked on cars, drank moonshine, and etc. I really think that if he had caught me when I was a teen dressing in my sisters clothing, he would have had beat the living hell out of me. Yes, my father belonged to the KKK back in the 50's, which was scary in itself.

Billiemarie
05-31-2007, 10:25 AM
My dad was one of us! :eek: I am not kidding! I wish he were alive so I could talk to him about it- I found out after he was gone :(

Nicole

I think my dad would be okay with it. I know he liked a lot of different things and was very open to new things. I have a stepsister that is butch and he was ok with that. Didnt cut her out of the will or anything.

LaFem
05-31-2007, 10:38 AM
My father was very distant from me and my mother. He had no interest in being a parent or husband.. If he caught me dressing in any way, I have no doubt he would have beaten me till I bled with his belt. He was a very mean man; and I never wanted to be in any way like him. That's probably one of the reasons I am TG.

JulieC
05-31-2007, 11:44 AM
First, my dad is dead. Second, he disowned me when I was eight months old, long before I ever crossdressed ;) Yes, he literally disowned me; married to my mom for 17 years, had other kids with her, and later claims two of them were not his. What a <censored> <censored>.

Mom discovered when I was 13. Gave me the lecture. Just taught me to hide things better.

marie354
05-31-2007, 11:54 AM
My dad (rest his soul) came into my room (picked the lock) to wake me for work one morning... Threw the covers off of me and I was wearing a bra and panties. Oops! "What do you think that thing is... A C***?!?!" Needless to say, I didn't go to work with him that morning. He was royally PO'd.
:hugs:

Mitch23
05-31-2007, 12:12 PM
i think mum and dad (now deceased) had an idea - did discover some bits and pieces where they shouldn't. glad when i settled down to a 'straight' life - had kids etc - got cured? Dunno - its ahard question - i think they would have been ok!

mitch

LindaTS
05-31-2007, 01:45 PM
Knowing my dad like I did, I'm fairly certain he would not have accepted me for who I am. My mom was altogether different. She knew about me and used to tell me I should have been a girl.

KellyCD
05-31-2007, 02:01 PM
He would kill me. Literally.

He went to prison for murder when I was like 2 or 3.

Denielleinheels
05-31-2007, 02:17 PM
I have Klienfelter's Syndrome and he knows that.. he wouldn't freak I don't think.

Emeralddragon
05-31-2007, 02:23 PM
My dads a mix of a mans man and a hippy. I think hed just not wanna know about it and deny the "problem" even exists.

Ruth
05-31-2007, 02:40 PM
Both my parents are in their 80s now and live some distance away. I don't want to explain my CDing to them because I see no point in burdening them with new stuff at this time in their lives. I think my dad would be OK with it but it wouldn't exactly cheer him up, so why go there?

KimberlyS
05-31-2007, 02:55 PM
My dad is a man of few words. He always has been a man of action and example. He is a man's man and a hard worker. His words were usually related to what we were doing, weather and current events. So my mom was the loudest voice growing up. If dad was mad I found out through mom. As an example, my dad was really POed that I got my ears pierced and I have yet to hear a word from him. My mom was not happy either but my siblings have tempered her through the years.

Interestingly the last 10 or so years my dad as said several comments generally, including some with just me around "those gays not being right" and guys dressed in drag on a tv show that he did not like that or think much of that, in a very strong tone of voice. It makes you wonder if they know something.

I think I will keep my CDing to myself.

Lovely Rita
05-31-2007, 02:58 PM
I was abandoned as a child so my Dad was not in the picture.

I did miss not having him around in the early years but my heroe is my mom and she wore nylons and so do I

kellyann2012
05-31-2007, 03:15 PM
I think my dad would have freaked out but then been ok with it after a few drinks...

brina_cd
05-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Mine is a non-op TS. Something about getting "the surgery" at 60+...

rose382832
05-31-2007, 06:07 PM
he would try his very best to kill me so that the stain would not tarnish his image.( being over twice my age he probablycouldn't do it but would probably die trying):drink: so i dont tell him and can still enjoy a good scotch with him when ever he can find the time to talk to me or see me.:happy:

Juanita O
05-31-2007, 06:34 PM
Hi girls

This is a very interesting topic. My father and mother caught me in a dress when I was 13yrs old. My dad was from the old school, he freaked, he called me a F@# freak. He told my mother that I was sick in the head and I needed to see a doctor. He also said that real men don't dress like women. Dad beat my butt. I didn't dress again until later when i was on my own. To make my dad happy I did all of the things that us boys are suppose to do, played football, basketball. Then I went into the military service. When my dad died last year at the age of 95, I think he had forgotten about me dressing as a woman.:happy:

Toyah
05-31-2007, 07:15 PM

Now he wouldnt care he has dementia but when he was OK no way he would accept that

sandra-leigh
05-31-2007, 07:48 PM
What would your dad think of your crossdressing?

That's hard for me to say. My father died when I was 13 (after a few years of major illnesses), so we didn't really have any "adult-to-adult" talks. But he was what you would call "a good man", and his family had a noticable social-justice background, the kind of person to whom "justice" meant something beyond "Can I get out of this parking ticket?". I think he would be very pleased at what my sister and I have accomplished. I don't know if he would ever "understand" my crossdressing, but I believe he would have said something like, "This crossdressing, it makes you happy? It doesn't harm anyone, so I don't see why you shouldn't go ahead." But I can't estimate whether he would ever have been comfortable with my being Obviously Femme around him (he probably would have accepted borderline clothes, I think.)

jozee
05-31-2007, 08:34 PM
i was caught at about 12. i got the 'birds and bees' lecture, folowed by a warning that ' people like that' got locked up. this was before our justice minister decided that the gov't had no business in the bedrooms of the country (canada). that what went on behind closed doors between consenting adults was nobody's busines but their own, something i totally agree with - with the possible exception of their spouses!:2c::hugs:

Charleen
05-31-2007, 09:02 PM
FREAK! He was a man's man. Me? A big disappointment to him. Never was much "manly" about me.

AlysonCD
05-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Mine died in 2001 but he knew about my dressing from many years before. He had no problem with it. As long as I was happy was all he was concerned about

Seville
05-31-2007, 09:59 PM
I asked this ? because I know most of everybodys mom would be ok with it.

Mother...ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NO! NO! NO! NO! :mad:

lindsaycd75
05-31-2007, 10:13 PM
Mom was not very not ok with it she found out when I was 13. Dad ignores it.

lowlavalentine
06-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Aside from the cardiac arrest I thought he handled the revelation fairly well.

Actually he did find out about my cding when I was 14. All I remember was an awkward conversation that never really went anywhere. After that it was a US military style policy of "don't ask - don't tell" ... and I got a lot more sophisticated at hiding my clothes.

Sally2005
06-01-2007, 02:51 AM
I dressed up one time for a party and visited my parents. They were a bit shocked, but loosened up a bit and said a looked good and a bit like one of my cousins. However, if my father knew about more regular CDing he would give me the silent treatment and throw in subtle verbal jabs to me later on...he would never confront me or have a conversation to resolve the issue...time cures all attitude, you know, just sweep what ever you don't want to talk about under the carpet. Its funny, actually, my father's nose was out of joint the first time I brought my future wife home to meet him until now many years later they are uncomfortable visiting me in my own house. They can't understand that I've even grown up, so adding in the Cding aspect just isn't really valid.

kerrianna
06-01-2007, 03:01 AM
My dad let me know what he thought of it when I was 6. :sad: :hiding:

Thankfully I haven't had to worry about what he thought about anything for a long long time. :whew!:

Ekatcha
06-01-2007, 04:39 AM
Neither, nuh uh, no way.

My folks split when I was 2 and I lived with my mom til I was 13-14 or so I think. I saw my father on weekends, but lived with my mother... she kicked me out around that age, and while I've never found out why (I've asked), I think perhaps part of that was as a result of my exploration of my feminine side. I recall once when I was very young, we were in a city somewhere and she made it a point to point out a tg/cd. I don't recall what exactly was said, but I do remember the intent of it, the malice in her voice. She's a hard core right winger, so no way, sorry.. nuh uh. She isn't tolerant of anyone that doesn't fit within her ideals (but I try my damndest to push em... I once told her I thought jesus was an alien after doing a fair bit of research on it... that went over well). So, most moms perhaps, but not mine.

My father... well, as much as I love him for taking me in and some of the help he's offered since... he'd not be understanding either. I say this for several reasons: When I moved in, he used to ridicule me for sitting down to go to the bathroom all the time, instead of the times I could have stood up (of course, he said less after I stood up once and promptly went everywhere). To this day, anytime my hair is longer than he'd like he starts chanting & chuckling "I've got a boy named sue, how do you do? ahahahhahaha." He knows I hate this, I've told him it bothers me, he still does it. Lastly, he's never really understood or been what I'd call supportive with my mental illness. CD/TG is, or would be on the same level, if not worse in his eyes. My current step mother might seem supporting on the surface, but behind she'd still be cutting me down... so not much change. When it comes to who I really am, I'm alone in the world & that'll have to do.

ChanDelle
06-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Hmmmmmm...I did have a kind of conversation with my dad once in my adult years where somehow he told me he say me putting on my mom's lipstick when I was 3 or maybe 4. I told him I didn't remember doing that, and I really didn't. The conversation didn't go much further, but I really don't think he would have been too surprised. When I was little I did "borrow" my mother's earrings from time to time to wear when alone, and "somehow" they'd get back to her jewelry drawer. She never mentioned it but I'm sure they had a feeling something was out of plumb.

My dad was very understanding and kind, and I sort of regret not talking to him about it (he's been gone for a number of years). He was a great student of human nature, and was more than likely trying to figure out something about himself. I just wonder...?

Stacey_At_Times
06-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Fear of physical harm overshadowed any thought of sharing much of anything I thought or felt. After a few drinks, there was very little that would not invoke dad. Rambo would qualify 'fag' if he wore white pants in front of dad - but he was equal opportunity with 'dike' observations when he was drunk. And you know if he were alive today, I would give him a hug, tell him I love him - in spite of his actions. Somewhere he really hurt. Hugs

Victoria Anne
06-01-2007, 08:07 PM
don't know my dad left when I was 5 but knowing he is a deeply religious man he would probably be very disapointed and disapproving.

zencat-x
06-01-2007, 08:29 PM
I sure wouldn’t be in heals if I was insane enough to tell him, ole pop’s was pretty quick. yea he would have flipped his freaking lid.

Joyce1702
06-01-2007, 09:36 PM
My father never knew. He passed away in 1992. I have visited his grave while dressed and introduced him to the daughter he never knew.

Joyce

Robyn2006
06-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Posted this a while back and still can't say it better than I did...

Fathers... It's a hard one, I know. If any of yours were like mine, dressing up to the nines in full supermodel gala was not exactly what he had in mind when the nurse told him it was a boy way back when. Although my dad has been gone now for over 10 years, I always think of him when I finally put on my lipstick to finish my complete transformation (i.e., after the legs and chest are shaved, the breast forms attached, the nylons on, the perfect outfit slinked into place and all other makeup as perfectly placed as I am able - as I am now writing this). I think of him always at this moment and whisper a silent "sorry, dad" to myself in the mirror. I do this for two reasons. The first is to pay homage to a man that I loved and from whom I always wanted approval. The second...? To mockingly throw all his impossibly conservative and insane views of life straight into his face, hating him for always castigating me and the choices I made, for always looking at me with those eyes of disappointment. The former being the stronger intent of the two.

Now mind you, dad died never knowing his son wished nothing more than to have been born his daughter. I think it likely he died thinking I was gay, though I'm not really sure of that. All that I know for sure is that I was hardly the boy he had wanted. I was small, lousy at sports, and somewhat effeminate. As a kid I did none of the things he expected. I love music, writing, and keeping my room in complete order and spotless. None of the things I did made any sense to him or, from his perspective, were just wrong. Once he "caught" me playing with my sister and her Barbie and Ken dolls and almost had a heart attack then and there (the real one came a bit later...).

For me, my father is somehow both the first and the last person I'd ever want to know my hidden desire. I would want him to be the first, as with him knowing everything else would be a easy, and I would want him to be the last as... well, those damn eyes of disappointment would be something that would have likely crushed me into a quivering wreck. So now here I am, over ten years from his passing still somehow wanting his approval, wishing somehow we could have coffee together and just be ourselves, regardless of my lipstick marked coffee mug.

Robyn

jarts55
06-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Freak out, that would just begin to describe it. Life is better without them knowing.

JenniferMBlack
06-01-2007, 11:43 PM
For years I thought my Dad would FREAK OUT then. I sort of got the courage up and wrote a long letter. Well ok I had writen 10 letters, but finally mailed one. To my suprise he didn't freak out as I had thought but , was some what understanding. Of course I got the whole I don;t understand and, I don't want to see it but if thats what makes you happy speach. Other then that the usual questions, and you are my son I will always love you, and a congratulations for having the courage to do what must have been very difficult. Now I'm sure some think I took the chicken way out with a letter but we do live 3000 miles apart or something like that. But in all it turned out to be a good thing I told.

Karen Johnson
06-02-2007, 04:35 AM
He would've called me a fag and been thoroughly ashamed of me.

Mitch23
06-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Posted this a while back and still can't say it better than I did...

Fathers... It's a hard one, I know. If any of yours were like mine, dressing up to the nines in full supermodel gala was not exactly what he had in mind when the nurse told him it was a boy way back when. Although my dad has been gone now for over 10 years, I always think of him when I finally put on my lipstick to finish my complete transformation (i.e., after the legs and chest are shaved, the breast forms attached, the nylons on, the perfect outfit slinked into place and all other makeup as perfectly placed as I am able - as I am now writing this). I think of him always at this moment and whisper a silent "sorry, dad" to myself in the mirror. I do this for two reasons. The first is to pay homage to a man that I loved and from whom I always wanted approval. The second...? To mockingly throw all his impossibly conservative and insane views of life straight into his face, hating him for always castigating me and the choices I made, for always looking at me with those eyes of disappointment. The former being the stronger intent of the two.

Now mind you, dad died never knowing his son wished nothing more than to have been born his daughter. I think it likely he died thinking I was gay, though I'm not really sure of that. All that I know for sure is that I was hardly the boy he had wanted. I was small, lousy at sports, and somewhat effeminate. As a kid I did none of the things he expected. I love music, writing, and keeping my room in complete order and spotless. None of the things I did made any sense to him or, from his perspective, were just wrong. Once he "caught" me playing with my sister and her Barbie and Ken dolls and almost had a heart attack then and there (the real one came a bit later...).

For me, my father is somehow both the first and the last person I'd ever want to know my hidden desire. I would want him to be the first, as with him knowing everything else would be a easy, and I would want him to be the last as... well, those damn eyes of disappointment would be something that would have likely crushed me into a quivering wreck. So now here I am, over ten years from his passing still somehow wanting his approval, wishing somehow we could have coffee together and just be ourselves, regardless of my lipstick marked coffee mug.

Robyn
beautiful words Robyn, written from the heart - made me cry

Mitch

espaniola
06-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Both my parents are practicing catholics. That means they are super-closed-minded and they'd SUPER freak out (even have a heart attack) if they ever saw me in drag, no matter if the reason for dressing were a costume party or any other "valid" reason. They say crossdressers, gays, lesbians, transexuals, etc., are all going to hell. I don't recall Jesus Christ ever saying something like that, in any of the movies I've seen of him (I don't read the Bible). That's why I don't like the catholic church, among other things.

Ziabotsu
06-02-2007, 04:45 PM
He'd go mental if he were to find out, and my mother still does not know, but then again, he wears lycra on his bike, and my mum finds this quite feminine and he wants to shave his legs, we both have no reason why, maybe he's a CD in denial.

MJ
06-02-2007, 10:02 PM
I Want to thank everyone who posted here .. please remember to love yourself first.. it's hard when we want aprovel from our mom and dads but it best left alone ... you are all gerat and wonderful people :hugs:

KarenMichelleLuv
06-02-2007, 10:40 PM
This question really makes me think. My father passed away in another country many years ago but he “Knew” he was going to be a grandfather by my wife and me. This made him proud. He and I had never really finished our father/son reconciliation so he never learned the total truth about me and to this day, I’m not sure that I would have ever shared this part of my life with him.

When I lived at home, my situation was identical to Stacy at Times’s and I quote

Fear of physical harm overshadowed any thought of sharing much of anything I thought or felt. After a few drinks, there was very little that would not invoke dad. Rambo would qualify 'fag' if he wore white pants in front of dad - but he was equal opportunity with 'dike' observations when he was drunk. And you know if he were alive today, I would give him a hug, tell him I love him - in spite of his actions. Somewhere he really hurt

So the answer is I believe he would have added this knowledge [of my cross dressing] to the pile of disappointments he carried with him later in life.

Sigh

joann426
06-02-2007, 11:07 PM
i knew that i was a crossdresser when i was little i useto wear my sisters panties and when i was 35 i told my wife i loved to wear womens clothes we wnt shopping together and i boughtclothes and bras and she said whoes that for and i said that is for me and i have been wearing them ever since see through tops and make up from avon it is so nice to have a understanding wife:i am happy to be me

paula
06-02-2007, 11:24 PM
first time i lucky to never now my dad

Cassy11
06-03-2007, 10:14 AM
He never knew. He passed while I was in my teens. I imagine he would have been ashamed and if he were drunk I would have been hurt.

Rachel Morley
06-03-2007, 10:45 AM
I haven't told him ...... but I feel very confident that if I did, he wouldn't like it all. Although he's become more mellow about life since he retired, I still think he would hate it.

Samantha Lough
06-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Well If I tol dmy Dad even though he is 77 I would be Dis owned and cast out from the famly. He is very non accepting!!!! I have told my mother and she loved it lol go figure

michelle-h
06-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Both of my parents know. They are very accepting. We dont talk about it much, and I dont push the issue by dressing around them. But they have both said that being a CD doesn't mean anything is wrong with me, and they still feel that I am a good person and a good father to my children. I doubt my Dad is thrilled about it, but he accepts it, and that is enough for me.

Michelle

Jocelyn Quivers
06-03-2007, 12:18 PM
I don't know, I'm not really eager to try and find out. What was interesting when growing up when ever I got busted for dressing up, my mom was always the one to yell at me or discipline me about it. My dad suprisingly said very little if anything about my cross dressing.

My only recognition was when my sister caught me dressed in my mom's clothes when we were kids. She told me she called my dad and all he said was to stop. Far calmer than reaction than how my mom would responded . Jocelyn

ronni
06-03-2007, 02:40 PM
When I was 10 my dad caught me wearing my sister's pantyhose and all he said was "cute." It never came up again until last year when I really wanted to show somebody how I could look. I emailed him a low-res, fuzzy picture, asked him to guess who it was, his reply was "hard to tell from such a small picture, could be anybody, I hope it's not you in drag."

That's when I knew he didn't want to know so I dropped it. But I sent my mom a photo album because she probably wouldn't care but I think my dad got curious and had a look at it. He died shortly after that, so I'll never know. I'm guessing it would have been a big disappointment. Oh well.