PDA

View Full Version : PantyHose Size Question

Stacy3595
03-01-2005, 05:50 PM
I just bought my first pairs of pantyhose today, but them seem extremely tight, and so i'm wondering how you determine what size you need..

thanks girls love ya's - Stacy :)

Fallen Angel
03-01-2005, 06:02 PM
on the back of the package there should be a chart size weight and hight, acording to the package i should wear a small but i wear a medium try one size larger that should help you

letsdance GG
03-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Pantyhose are supposed to fit tight. Love those Control Top ones :p

Seriously though, where do they fit you too tight?

If it is in the crotch only, I suggest cutting out the panty part to make a bit more room.
If it is too tight in the leg area, maybe you did buy the wrong size. Most pantyhose go by height and weight.

Hope that helps.

Jiera
03-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Pantyhose are supposed to fit tight. Love those Control Top ones :p

Seriously though, where do they fit you too tight?

If it is in the crotch only, I suggest cutting out the panty part to make a bit more room.
If it is too tight in the leg area, maybe you did buy the wrong size. Most pantyhose go by height and weight.

Hope that helps.

I can't stress the "go by height" thing enough. I had purchased a bunch of really cute tights that wound up being worthless because I thought "oh, these'll stretch -- it says 5'9 and under, but I'm sure it'll be fine." NOPE. And I'm only about 5'10.

Ji

Sweet Susan
03-01-2005, 06:51 PM
I always read the label and it works for me.

Sweet Jeanette
03-01-2005, 08:03 PM
I just bought my first pairs of pantyhose today, but them seem extremely tight, and so i'm wondering how you determine what size you need..

thanks girls love ya's - Stacy :)

I would say,"read the chart on the box". Luckily, I took my wife to the store with me, and I asked the same question of her. She showed me how to read the chart, and "Bingo". When we got home, I tried them out, and they fit perfectly! But, if you are single, read the chart.

kimmjacoby
03-01-2005, 08:45 PM
i always buy the ones that are marked "cd" i think they are made only for us gurls!

hugs,
kimm:p

Stacy3595
03-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Maybe I should said that they were to tight at the waist/belly area, but they are very comfortable now, i guess the tightness of female clothes was somewhat of a shock for the first few mins.

Just woke up from a very refreshing nap with them on and i rarely "nap".

anyway thanks for all the info girls :)

Wendy me
03-01-2005, 10:04 PM
use the chart on the package easy...........then if your in a hurry just grab them by the letter i am a "b"..................

Jill
03-02-2005, 12:43 AM
I love pantyhose, I have all kinds and worn all kinds and a couple things that I think help is that first, it takes a couple times wearing them before they are stretched out and fit the way they are supposed to. That first or second time wearing a brand new pair is always going to be a little tight. I also think it helps to get them a little big. Big ones may fit a little loose, usually you can't tell the difference but it's better than having them be too small.

Wenda
03-02-2005, 12:53 AM
I think all manufacturers lie to their female customers. Shoes are pretty reliable, but with everything else, buy at least one size bigger than you think you need, and it will likely be pretty snug. Experience. Given a lot of stuff to the salvation army. wenda.

spaskinstyle
03-02-2005, 02:59 AM
Hi Ladies:

I come across this pantyhose thing quite often with my clients and their really is no easy answer because all the brands are not the same. You can rely on the charts on the back of the packages to a certain extent - but it is always best to jump 1 size higher. Pantyhose that is too small is horrible!

The length of your legs is the first thing to consider. If you are tall - absolutely buy the tall or queen size. 5"9 and over is always tall. Otherwise you could end up with pantyhose that comes crawling down mid-thigh and that is a nightmare!

I have a wonderful brand that offers not only weight and height options but also offers extra wide for those gals who might be slim through the legs and a little thicker in the middle. That is the second thing to consider, how much room you need around your waistline. Extra room there will work great and fit beautifully because they are not to big everywhere and are not all saggy in the legs - they fit right where you need them to.

Good luck Ladies.
Love to you all.
Theresa

Since12
03-02-2005, 03:48 AM
I just buy the ones for the porky sized ladies. I am a 2x because I am so tall. I use to buy the average ones but they were always half a foot too short, so I would rather have it a little lose and fit all the way up then have something that feels like my knickers are falling down.

Helana
03-02-2005, 04:26 AM
Dont forget that men's legs are proportionately longer than women's so you should always go for a size taller than you actually are so that the hose leg length will be applicable to your male sized legs.

Sandra H
03-02-2005, 05:50 AM
I am very lucky as I am short for a man being just 5ft 4 ins but about right for a woman and I am about the right size for most women on my age (in my 50’s) so when I get a size that fits I stick with it. But with pantyhose you can still get caught out. I love pantyhose and like to wear different styles. But for everyday I buy mine from the supermarket a brand name of Pretty Polly well know here in the UK.

When I first bought them I bought the small to medium size, which in other brands was fine by me using the chart on the back as other girls have said. But I found pretty Polly was a little too small. So the next time I bought the medium to large and these fitted great. But I have bought the medium to large other times and they have been too small. I think sometimes the manufacture can put wrong size in the wrong box. I must say however, I have only found this problem with Pretty Polly pantyhose. So anyone from Pretty Polly here? Could you tell us what is going on?

AnnaMaria
03-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Due to my height I have to buy the queen or tall size. I just look at the chart of the pair that I want to buy to find what size I should wear and go with it. I guess I am lucky in that so far everything that I have baught I have gone with my actual size converted to womens and have had no problem. Of course I think that I am lucky because all I really have to do is loose some weight so that I can get a smaller waist and I will have a body that will come close to matching a womans figure.

I would suggest trying a thigh high or stocking and garterbelt if you have to many problems finding pantyhose or tights that fit well. With this choice all you have to worry about is wheather or not your height will match with the height of the pair you are buying.

huggs
anna

ToniB
03-02-2005, 01:24 PM
I don't usually buy tights (panty hose), I prefer stockings with suspenders, more sexy. When I buy special tights as a gift for my wife, I check the height/weight table on the back of the packet, and then err on the larger size, so they will fit me if I need to wear them, hehe! They are then quite tight on me (that's how I like it), but the crotch goes to the right place.

I particularly like the smooth ones that allow your legs to slither past one another when you walk, but it's pot-luck selecting them at present. I know that the cheaper ones are quite rough, leg-to-leg, and they pull the material round sometimes, especially if they are a looser fit. What should I be looking for? Or is it a case of you get what you pay for. I'd pay for Wolfords if I knew they would be super smooth, but it's an expensive way of finding out that they are just like the rest. Any help would be appreciated girls.

ToniB

SKINNYGIRL
03-02-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm 6' tall with a 35" inseam, queen size always works for me. It probably helps that I'm skinny, too

Sarah38b
03-03-2005, 09:22 AM
I usually get Q or Q2.

Sarah

TgirlDee
03-03-2005, 09:26 PM
www.mytights.com has some excellent hose made to fit men. check out this link:
http://www.mytights.com/mytights/1487.html

I am 6'3" and the size 5 (or 'V') fit me perfectly. Also the forty deneier are perfect for hair coverage when worn under another pair of hose. :)