PDA

View Full Version : Breast Augmentation-I can take that off the list

Rikkicn
05-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Well, I did it. It's been one week since the procedure and the recovery is going as expected. There is some discomfort and I have to be take things easy for another week and wear a special bandage across my breasts for another two weeks and then life should resume to normal. Normal except with breasts.

I was in and out of the hospital in about 6 hours and home that evening with lots of drugs to take for pain and other issues. I feel pretty good right now but can't wait to get the wrap off, but that will take three more weeks. I've been asked to see the Dr. every week for the next 2-3 and tapering off to every other and then once a month.
He's happy with the outcome and since he's done several MTF's I feel confident in his opinion.

My partner/spouse a GG is also happy with the results but they are swollen and bruised and a bit hard to tell.

I have several extensive electro session coming up in a month and when that 's done I'll feel like I'll have reached a milestone and rest with all that I've done.

There is nothing more that I'm wanting to do right now but then one never can be sure. My drivers license gender marker will be changed in about three weeks and that's about as far as I can go with out having SRS, which isn't part of my long term plans.

I wish I could say that passing isn't a goal but it really is. I've passed easily for several months now but the laser and electro that I've been doing has made a big difference for me.

I'm 57 ans I think that makes it a lot easier than it does for some and being self employed make it easier too. I really respect all those that transition on the job. That must be so difficult at times. For me it was easier to start a new career. It's taken well over a year to build my income but it's getting there!

One of the most interesting aspects of all this is that since my partner is a GG when we're out together we're often assumed to be lesbians and to many we are, especially since I pass. Now, this wasn't something that I expected or even thought of. We live in San Francisco so that makes life mush easier but I'm still getting used to being seen that way. Especially when we hold hands walking down the street or reach across a table in a restaurant. Sure does make life interesting.

I just want to let you all know what was going on and what has been changing for me. I love reading all your stories and wish you all the best and an easy transition.

helenr
05-31-2007, 09:51 AM
Hi, was going to post a semi related thread, but your's intrigued me. I infer that you just had breast implants. I hope healing is progressing and that you are pleased.
I am 60 and since the first of the year have been on anti adrogens-Fincar and Bical and my testosterone is zero, I believe. I started on estrogen patches-Climara 100-about 4-5 weeks ago and already am seeing changes. maybe not so noticeable to others, but definitely some budding going on. I like the mental changes produced by no testosterone and some estrogen and feel happier, less stressed, less annoyed at small things. I don't know how I will cope if too many physical changes become apparent as I am still in the closet.
This business of breast growth makes me think the irony of life. A group of women can be in a room-no two having the same size breasts. No problem. Put a group of men together and it's not acceptable for a man to have boobs--I don't mean a fat belly that goes with some more noticeable fat in the upper chest--I mean a slender male, with no gut, and small A or A- breasts developing. Society is so inflexible it seems. good luck with your life, helen

Jenna1561
05-31-2007, 10:19 AM
Congratulations Rikki! :happy:

I'm glad the procedure went well and wish you a speedy recovery. You'll have to keep us posted on how life changes for you with the sudden addition of breasts, instead of a gradual size increase with growth. If it's not too personal of a question, what size did you target for the augmentation - B, C, D?

Godspeed and enjoy the peace of mind that I'm certain you'll experience.

Jenna

Stephenie S
05-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Dear Helen,

Out of curiosity, who put you on finasteride and bicalutamide for testosterone surpression? Was it your PCP? Or an endocrinologist? Why do you think your testosterone is zero? I'm just trying to flesh out my information. I too am on fisasteride, but not for T surpression, I take it for hair growth. I am curious about the addition of bicalutamide. What are your daily doses? Are you completely happy with your regimine?

Stephie

Stephenie S
05-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Dear Rikki,

You go girl! I assume you went with the saline implants. They have improved quite a bit in the last several years. How many ccs, hon? I will be anxious to hear how things go in the next few weeks. I'm sure you are very excited. The band is to keep them from riding up while you heal. It gets pretty uncomfortable after a while. You are going to get REALLY sick of it, but hang in there, it does come off after a while.

Congrats, dear!!!!

Lovies,
Stephenie

Rikkicn
05-31-2007, 11:22 AM
Your right, I am sick of the band already but another three weeks and off it comes. I went with about he same size as the forms I've been wearing. It's a bit hard to know If I'll be a b or c but my guess is a "c" He used a 420cc saline.
I'm told it takes about 5-6 months for the skin and muscle to stretch so they will be rather tight until then.
Then another 6 months for my body to adjust and for them to settle into the right place.
Thanks for all your good wishes and comments. life can be very interesting

Joy Carter
06-07-2007, 11:59 PM
The courage to be who you are is what I find so fascinating in you girls. God bless.

The Gas Man Cometh
06-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Wow..

You know what?

Reading your words has inspired me, as a GG, to really appreciate parts of my body that I take for granted, and they come so naturally to me.

I feel so much empathy, even if I don't really know what being stuck in the wrong body feels like.

And I am so happy for you, I really am, because I can feel the happiness just resonating from your words, and I love that.

<3

Rikkicn
06-13-2007, 08:35 PM
It's been almost three weeks. I'm feeling much better and not tiring so easily. There is still a lot of mild pain and sensitivity. The Dr has showed me how to massage them to help them heal in the proper place. That's a bit ouchy but getting better everyday.
I've gone through an emotional roller coaster from the moment I woke from the surgery until this very moment. I still can't quite grasp the idea that I have breasts. Sometime I see them and feel like it's my old male chest but a bit bigger. It doesn't feel particularly womanly.
The there are times when I'm getting ready for bed and I look in the mirror and see my breasts tucked into the folds of my nightie and stare in disbelief, amazement and courage of what I've done. I look into my eyes and see a woman looking back at me.
My partner and wife has taken time every evening to massage them slowly and gently with rose scented cream. As she does she comments on how beautiful they are. She also holds them in her hand for several minutes and whispers in my ear how so welcomed they are in my body, and how welcomed they are in her heart and how she looks forward to the lovely and exciting changes they will make in our love life.
It's a bigger change in my life than i may have realized or understood and all wonderful

Joy Carter
06-14-2007, 12:06 AM
Rikki you have the most unselfish caring wife.:hugs:

Thanks for sharing this with us.:hugs: