PDA

View Full Version : Has a GG relative, other than a wife ever

heathr1
05-31-2007, 03:24 PM
actually helped or encouraged you with CDing, or given you their clothes?

Sharon
05-31-2007, 05:18 PM
If jewelry counts -- then yes.:happy:

jessie_cal
05-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Nope, I don't have any relatives who are discrete, especially my sister. With her loud mouth, everyone in the world would know in about 10 secs after she found out.:happy:

Jodi
05-31-2007, 08:47 PM
Yes. My sister-in-law has begun buying things for Jodi for birthdays and Christmas. She says that it has made it so much easier to shop for presents. She knows my size and has really good taste.

Jodi

Sally24
05-31-2007, 08:57 PM
My daughter just recently gave me a gown that she was going to sell. She has only known about Sally for less than a month so I thinks she's doing well. The payback is she has borrowed my purple spring dress that I haven't worn out and about yet. Lucky that we're about the same size!

Dixie
05-31-2007, 08:58 PM
My wife's grandma said I looked good in a skirt and said it's too bad men can't wear them all the time.

Karren H
05-31-2007, 09:03 PM
No....

Karren

DeeInGeorgia
05-31-2007, 09:40 PM
Yes, my sister has encouraged me. She bought me my first wig and went with me to my first Tri-Ess meeting.

Dee

Seville
05-31-2007, 09:53 PM
No....:mad::mad::mad:

Rachel Morley
05-31-2007, 09:53 PM
Kind of ... yeah. I had a GG friend called Carol who used to encourage me to "not be boring" and wear more colorful clothes. I had both my ears pierced and she would help me pick out earrings that were gemstone studs that matched the color of my shirts. However, often the colors of my "shirts" that she thought looked good on me sometimes (but not always) tended to be colors that were most commonly found in the womens' section as a woman's blouse. Hence, my "shirt" wasn't a shirt at all, it was a blouse .... and of course my earrings were also womens'.

trannie T
06-01-2007, 01:12 AM
I used to get hand me downs from my cousin Jerry. He had two sisters a little older than me but I didn't get a thing from them. Darn.

Robin Leigh
06-01-2007, 03:52 AM
Yes, Heather. One of my sisters has given me clothing (including underwear), jewellery & makeup. She's helped me buying shoes & clothes. She also bought me my first wig. And when Mum gives her a big bag of 2nd hand clothes, she shares them with me. :)

She is a rock singer, and knows a few makeup tricks that the average GG doesn't know. Wearing makeup under hot lights isn't easy. :)

I wish I was brave enough to tell my youngest sister about Robin. She's a top-class seamstress, and used to work as a fashion model and beauty consultant.

Robin

LindaTS
06-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Yes, when I lived in San Diego years ago I had a very good GG friend. She helped me all the time, in fact we used to go out together. And add to my good fortune, we spent a weekend in Mexico together with lots of shopping. She's the one who pierced my ears for me.

susann_gardener
06-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Never been that lucky!:(

Faye Emmette
06-01-2007, 09:52 AM
I think say 1992 to 1995, I alternated between two sweeties and they both enjoyed me as my other self.
"F" bought me the foundations and "J" taught me deportment.
"It was a very good few years".
Now, nothing.
But I'm OK. :-)

Robin Leigh
06-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Um, ladies! I think some of you have missed seeing the word relative in the OP. :)

:hugs:

Robin

MsJanessa
06-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Never a relative---ggs and tg friends both have

Mitch23
06-01-2007, 01:03 PM
not relatives - mistress has given me loads of stuff, my first skirt, jewellery, makeup - I've told you about her haven't i? A GG friend gave me a beautiful bracelet when i went to visit recently

mitch

JessiRed
06-01-2007, 01:36 PM
After a bitter break up with my SO at the time my cousin (and good friend) gave me LOTS of things. She had just lost a lot of weight and she happened to have a bunch of clothes in my size. I'll never forget it, I told her all about me and she said "hold on" and she went home and came right back with bags of clothes, shoes, and bras. That was a wonderful day

Deborah
06-01-2007, 02:43 PM
My ex-wife gives me items that her new husband buys her that she doesn't like, does that count?

Eugenie
06-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Yes indeed, I've had the fantastic luck of having two GG friends who have helped me a lot in my X-dressing. In fact they did a lot more than that, they have helped me accept myself as I am.

One lives in NY City and has known about me for more than 20 years... The other one lives near where I live now, in Southern France, and I only came out to her three years ago.

My wife knows I talk about my x-dressing with those two GGs who happen to be also her friends...

I know, it may sound confusing since my wife doesn't want to talk about X-dressing with me... Yet she knows I've been shopping with her two friends (not at the same time nor in the same places) and after an initial crisis for me having spoken to them, my wife seems content that I have these women to talk to... Perhaps she feels relieved that she doesn't have to do it herself...

Back on the initial subject, those two friends have also helped me quite a lot in refining my "femme look". I've changed my style quite drastically thanks to their advice...

Voila... I could write pages on how much I appreciate that friendship.

Eugenie

Patty
06-01-2007, 07:53 PM
No :(

Jere Oneil
06-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Actually, yes, but I'm not sure it really counts. I played with dolls (even had my own) as a boy. One day, my cousin and I were playing together and she said, I couldn't be my dollies' mommy because I was wearing boy clothes. Then she gave me one of her play dresses and I put it on so I could be a "mommy" too. We were both under 10 at the time. Later on, she provided my Halloween costumes. We usually just exchanged genders for trick or treating. It made her mad when people would ask me why I wasn't wearing a costume. They thought I really was a girl.

marie354
06-03-2007, 10:53 AM
I used to "borrow" things from my older sister, but I always had to give them back. She really liked everything I picked and didn't want to part with them. I guess our tastes were too similar. (*sigh*)

Gina_darling
06-03-2007, 01:18 PM
When I came out to my Mum, I found a bag of make-up put outside my door!

KarenNY
06-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Other than my mother and grandmother (grandma thought it was wonderful that at least one of her grandchildren wanted to act like a young lady, even if it was her grandson), none of my relatives knew about my crossdressing, which was out to my mother when I was 12 and my grandmother by the following summer...

My mother's best friend Mrs. Holmes I actually called "Aunt Caroline" because I was always over at her house. She was not a relative, but a family friend and she absolutely doted on me as Karen. From elementary school until I was about 14, I often stayed at her house on days when my mother had to work and I was on vacation from school (summer vacation and things like holiday or spring recess). She had a daughter who was three years my senior, who also found out about my crossdressing the same time her mother did -- because my mother told them! They proved to be two of my biggest supporters and I received many hand-me-downs from Nancy (who had pretty feminine tastes and lots of those Victorian style blouses and such from the early '80s). I spent many, many days over at Mrs. Holmes' house as Karen -- mother would drop me off with a bag of Karen clothes and my wig and shoes, and I would change in Nancy's room or Mrs. Holmes' room, and spend the day as Karen helping "Aunt Caroline" around the house, with her "coaching" me in femininity, much like my mother did at home. I would then change and be ready to go home by the time my mother picked me up.

My closest cousin in age (she is a year younger) I would never have told because she was a tremendous gossip -- it would have been all over her school and mine in no time! A lot of my cousins were older than me, so I didn't really talk with them a lot. And I never really dealt with my father's side of the family, but they were no prize anyway.

samcs
06-20-2007, 09:42 AM
I came out to a friends sister when I was a teen. She used to sneak me her clothes that did not fit her anymore. I was in heaven until it ended.

carolinebrookes
06-20-2007, 09:57 AM
I think I've probably replied to a similar thread before, but my elder sister was the one who set me on the crossdressing road. That's another story. (It's around these forums somewhere)

By mid teens we swapped stuff a lot and went shopping sometimes for stuff together. It made it easier for me to hide my stuff from other family members. It all went into her wardrobe!

tammie
06-20-2007, 10:27 AM
I must answer in the affirmative on this one. My sister helped by being the same size as me, and throwing her beautiful lace cup underwire black Vasserette bra (36B) on the floor where I was sure to see it that day I was "home alone".

My mother helped me by not yelling at me or chastising me when she found me in her Playtex bra LL pantygirdle slip and garterbelt/stockings. And then by later
buying me my own things so I wouldn't be tempted to steal lingerie.

My X wife helped me by intuitively knowing I was a crossdresser and catching me in her bra one Sat morning and then having me also put on her garterbelt and stockings and panties and later slips and heels and makeup. That was before she became dominant and started making me submit to her strapon as well.

terrilynn
06-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Nope, never been that lucky so far :(

Terrilynn

cdkrista
06-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Actually my wife has given me some of her clothes, but most of the "hand-me-downs" came from sister-in-law. She has lost weight and gave me alot of her old clothes and bras. She (SIL) has also gave me gift cards to Lane Bryant for my b-day before. Wife and I have love shopping at Avenue together and have a joint credit card from there.

Carin's Wife GG
06-21-2007, 07:50 PM
have both given Carin gifts. In fact this year Carin recieved a Victoria's Secret card from our daughter for Fathers Day.

Louise.

angelfire
06-22-2007, 12:24 AM
I haven't come out to anyone off the board yet, so no help.

Colleen Merryweather
06-22-2007, 12:35 AM
If jewelry counts, then my mother did give me some jewelry she thought my boyfriend as "Suzie" would like. I brought it to him here in Tokyo and he loves it.

Nice to have an accepting mom!

Slip Affinity
06-22-2007, 05:34 AM
Nope, no family member of mine would ever think of doing that, but then too, no one left in our family really knows about my "special interest".

Lawren
06-22-2007, 06:09 AM
One of my sisters used to help me occasionally until she decided it was sinfull for me to crossdress.

flatlander_48
06-22-2007, 06:23 AM
When my ex-wife moved out, she left some clothing items. I don't think it was intentional. I believe she forgot them or she just didn't check where they were located. If she only knew what happened to the stuff she left!?!?!?

jjjjohanne
06-22-2007, 07:13 AM
I needed a costume to wear for a thing. I asked a tall lady at work for a dress, and my mother helped me with some of my other garments. My girlfriend helped me with my makeup. My sister loaned me one item to help complete the look. That was a great couple weeks. Several opportunities to dress. Some opportunities were so I could get the costume complete. Some opportunities were because people said, "Go put on your outfit and show it to ..." That was outstanding!

But otherwise, I have not received any help...

Frankie-Dear
06-22-2007, 07:31 AM
I guess I'm lucky.... I have always made better friends with women, than men, and I have lots of GG friends who have sent me clothes, offered make-up tips, sent me make-up, offered to send me a wig, etc. etc. I've got great friends... LOL

DonnaT
06-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Yes, my mother has given me shoes, dresses and jewelry. :D

MJ
06-22-2007, 03:19 PM
no gg relative at all . they hate what i have become except my sister in england but she as never sent me anything

Marcie Sexton
06-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Never been given anything, but when I first came out to my neice< sisters daughter> she was pretty cool about the whole thing, didn't go crazy or anything, just a so what, how the heck are ya, attitude...

Thats the reason she is my favorite...