PDA

View Full Version : Respect

Julia Legs
03-02-2005, 03:28 AM
I beleive we must all respect each other.I fell that if we don't share respect for each other,it will only make things worse.Often people say things without realizing the affect the words they and things they do often hurt others and find they do not feel welcome or inferior to others.I am not sure how many share this feeeling,but it something thaat should be discussed.I don't think anyone starts out to hurt anybody,but if you find that there is someone with whom you don't want to talk to or have msgs come from,then you owe it to them to tell them directly and not make them wonder if they have offended you in anyway.Sometimes people are just looking for friendship and i know we all share something very special here.so if there is something you are uncomfortable with about someone,let them know in a kind and respectful manner.If that dosen't work,contact an administraior and ask them to contact that person and ask them to respect your wishes.We are all sisters in spirit here,don;t let the outside world control your will.We all want the same thing,to be ourselves and be able to share with others.I hope there are others who feel the same way,Love Not War,we are all here for the same reasons no matter how different they may seem.Remember,We Need Each Other!

Shining Star
03-02-2005, 03:43 AM
tell them directly and not make them wonder if they have offended you in anyway.Sometimes people are just looking for friendship

I totaly agree we should all be open to everyones felling and treat everyone as equals and the way you would like to be treated

Julia Legs
03-02-2005, 03:53 AM
I am greatful to Star for sharing your views as i do and thankful you understand my comments.we are all equal and should treat each other as such.What a nice response,thank you.

Helana
03-02-2005, 04:13 AM
Well, you cannot please all people we are only human after all. What irritates me though is when you see prejudice between those who label themselves either CD, TG or TS and they want to rubbish the others. We are all part of the same transgender spectrum and trying to label certain behavoirs and attitudes for one group against another does nothing but divide us. I thought all people in the TG spectrum had a motto of live and let live but that is not always so. Pity.

Julia Legs
03-02-2005, 05:35 AM
Thank you all for your comments,they are truly an inspiration.I hope all who view this post understand the point i am trying to make.If anyone has a comment,please feel free to leave me a message at my email box here or at my yahoo e mail.sexydresser@yahoo.com We must look out for each other,we all have the same hopes.

Wendy me
03-02-2005, 07:53 AM
julia thankyou for that yes as you might see in some of my threads of some post i have been trying to tell our sisters the same thing to block one of our sisters is just plane crazey . we strugle for the "normal" world to look at us as not being outsiders or freaks..........but were we need to start is right here amoung our own sisters we should be as one .........with out titles or prejudgeing...........i would like to see any one who is prejudgeing someone spend some time chatting with that person who for some reason you don't get along with ............true accepentice starts from with in....

anger is the child of pride...........................

Ashleigh
03-02-2005, 08:18 AM
I agree that we must treat each other with respect and caring, however, when we speak the truth, some may be offended. The answer may not have been what they were looking for or one that struck a chord due to an experience in their lives, etc. We have a situation here that although we communicate via a computer, we don't have the luxury of being able to be face to face (normally) and getting to know a person on a personal level.

It is not that someone making a comment is trying to be nasty or hurtful. Some may be more tactful than others, some more direct, some more honest, and so on. Those making the comment are generally trying to be as helpful as they can and when a another is putting themselves in a potentially harmful situation, there are those of us here that will speak out quite directly.

There are some in this world that are just plain hypersensitive and whatever someone says, they are offended.

My suggestion is just be honest, consider what is being said, and consider the feelings of the others here - not just to who is being adressed, and, most importantly, be honest. If all of these attributes are employed in a response, no one should be offended.

Priscilla1018
03-02-2005, 09:47 AM
Hi Julia,

Good thread. We are all family here and,as in all families,there can be dissagreement.I know in the past that I have been oversensative, we all can be at times depending upon what is going on in your personal life. The most important thing is honesty. If something upsets you, talk it out with the other person by PMs. We do'nt want to be disturbing others on the forum with
harsh remarks. There will always be dissagreements in all families but, do not go to bed angry. Talk it out.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Julia Legs
03-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Thank You All for taking the time to read this post.I have seen a few who have been prejudged and some who are not sure what their state of mind is about this.No one who has gone thru as much as most of us have should be handing out judgements,but rather trying to understand and help those in need.This is a place where those of us who need to talk,can talk to another who might be able to help or offer some advice.We all have a need to be here,its called Awareness,and finding out who we are.Its embarrassing to talk to a shrink because within us all we share that same level of fear.I have accepted who and what i am as have most everyone here.Respect should be rewarded with respect,and as mother always said,"If you don't have something nice to say,don't say anything at all".Thank you for your warm comments and love you have shown here,i am greatful to each of you for that.

Jen_TGCD
03-03-2005, 12:42 AM
I don't want to sound like "The Church Lady" but I have this guide that I use before posting anything. (And... I have to say that I delete more posts than I submit!)

Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it necessary?

If my post doesn't conform to all three of those questions... then there is something wrong with it.

Now... isn't THAT special ! ! ! :)

Tristen Cox
03-03-2005, 08:59 AM
If we can't do it here we are truely lost when it comes to the offline world. I see your point Julia. Very interesting to remind everyone. As adults which we all are here we should know when someone needs another person to talk to even if we don't honestly feel comfortable with them, that's no reason to ignore them. Some are obvious in there pursuit of purposes that they feel are relavent to their needs. We can usually tell if those people are in need of a reply, or if a reply may only encourage them to think we want a type of contact we do not. It is best to simply tell them how we feel in a polite way. But to ignore anyone leaves them in the dark wondering what they might have said wrong. We won't know if we are right or wrong unless it is spoken and explained to us. If everyone said nothing how can we learn? That's my thoughts on the matter.

Love
Tristen

Wendy me
03-03-2005, 09:26 AM
yes a chalange to all of us here ..........ok here it is ..............................

lets try this during this comming week ..........every one that has or thinks that thay have a problem with a sister eather by way of im . or pm.
get in touch with that person and let them know how you feel...............
and why you feel that way........let it go back and forth a while.........see were it goes............after all you can press that button if you realy do feel that way..............

who knows after a short while you just might find a true freind in someone you just might have over looked or missunder stood..........................

any takers?????????????

rember we are all sisters here...............................

anger is the child of pride.........

Priscilla1018
03-03-2005, 12:00 PM
yes a chalange to all of us here ..........ok here it is ..............................

lets try this during this comming week ..........every one that has or thinks that thay have a problem with a sister eather by way of im . or pm.
get in touch with that person and let them know how you feel...............
and why you feel that way........let it go back and forth a while.........see were it goes............after all you can press that button if you realy do feel that way..............

who knows after a short while you just might find a true freind in someone you just might have over looked or missunder stood..........................

any takers?????????????

rember we are all sisters here...............................

anger is the child of pride.........

Amen sweetie.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

confusionatitsbest
03-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Hi girls,

I couldn't agree more, its bad enough if you are trying to take things forward and don't understand yourself whats going on, let alone not being able to speak to anyone about it. What I will say is, although only just realizing it, all people that take these paths must realize how damaging it could be to someones life if the situation is abused or made public before there ready for it, I don't think anyone that I have seen on this site goes out of thier way to upset anyone, if anything over the last month while being here I have actually managed to smile a few times. (even laugh!!!), whatever the outcome for me in the future I would not hesitate in asking advice in these forums. The credit for that goes to all the members of this site.

Thankyou Girls :)

Chrissy xxxx

Ps someone once said to me"you should always aim for euphoria, if you only achieve 10% of it, your better of than before"

Tristen Cox
03-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Uhm Wendy? I sort a hundred PMs daily, yes I get that many. If I were to try and contact every single person here, OMFG :eek: How bout this: love yall!
Ok? OK.

*hugs*
Tristen

Wendy me
03-03-2005, 05:45 PM
tristen silly i mean if you thought you had a problme with some one not to pm every one............you know try to resolve ant differences so we can all get on with being sisters.......................

Julia Legs
03-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks everyone,all your views are important to this issue.And as you said Tristen,if we have wronged some one in some way and they don't say anything,that alone is enough to create a problem with a fellow member.If someone feels they are being "followed" for use of a better word,they need to explain to that person that the intrest they have is not shared by the member.Honesty will always win because this way there are no wrong impressions given.No is No!!The Adminastrators here do an excellant job of maintaing our saftey and privacy,we should all feel comfortable and secure that they are here.No one should feel or be intimidated by anyone under any circumstances and if so,should be reported to Admin.