PDA

View Full Version : Test Results

xsarahlynn
03-02-2005, 07:16 AM
Hi everyone. Well I went to my new doctor last week for a physical, and to get my test results, to see if I had done any damage by taking hormones on my own for over a year. Well, I am happy to say that everything came back fine. Doctor said I am in great shape. My hormone level is 3 times that of a normal male, but still a ways to go to reach a female level. My doctor said it looks like I am pretty receptive to hormones, as the effects are pretty obvious. I must admit I was a little nervous being pretty much naked in front of my doctor and his nurse. All except my pink panties lol, and the gown they give You to wear. And to have a man feeling my chest and talking about how they are growing and how to check for cancer, was a little different. When the nurse gave me a ekg to check my heart, she had to attach a bunch of wires to my chest and legs. She said to me as she was doing this, " I guess I don't have to shave You to get these to stick", as my body is completely shaved. But they both were very nice and made me feel at eaise during the whole physical.

Doctor gave me my first prescription for hormones. Wow what a feeling after all this time to know I'm now taking hormones legally. And to now have someone to monitor my health. What a relief after 14 months of worrying about what I was doing to myself.

I hope that anyone who is thinking about taking hormones does it under a doctors care. The stress, worrying, and risk to your health, is not worth doing it on Your own.

I'd just like to say, I'm so glad to have found this site, and getting a chance to talk with and meet all You girls. It's nice to have people to share parts of my life with and also to share in parts of your lives. Have a nice day.

Sarah Lynn

Wendy me
03-02-2005, 07:26 AM
sara lynn so glade to hear that you are ok ..........and real glade you made it known that it is best to do this under a doctors care................

Priscilla1018
03-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Hi Sarah Lynne,

This is great news,I'm glad you have a compassionate doctor to monitor your health. I am also so glad you found this site.Our Sisters are the greatest,we look out for each other. :D

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

SilkenPrincess
03-02-2005, 11:43 PM
I'd just like to say, I'm so glad to have found this site, and getting a chance to talk with and meet all You girls. It's nice to have people to share parts of my life with and also to share in parts of your lives. Have a nice day.

Sarah Lynn

Isn't it the truth? I'm happy for you Sarah!
Love,
SilkenPrincess

Helana
03-03-2005, 04:05 AM
Thats good to hear that you are still in fine health. 14 months is a long time on hormones, you must be well on your way to womenhood. :)

The idea of a doctor feeling my breasts is a bit creepy!

LindaTS
03-03-2005, 08:22 AM
Hi Saralynn,
First, let me say that I've very happy for you. You seem to be well on your way to full time womanhood, something that a lot of us would love to do. Secondly, it's good that you finally saw a doctor about the hormones. That can be a very dangerous thing to do on your own. Stay with it and enjoy life to the fullest. The best of luck to you hon.

Tristen Cox
03-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Sarah that's great to know you are finally on the right course. I'm glad you are doing fine after so long going unchecked to make sure your body was handling things properly. You're quite lucky. Hope your stress level has dropped down now. Keep taking care of yourself. It's an ongoing process and well worth checking on things regularly.

*hugs*
Tristen

racheal
03-05-2005, 10:03 AM
Xsrahlynn - good to know that all is well. Keep up the great work. Seems like you are on your way to a good life. :)

Holly
03-05-2005, 11:01 AM
Sarah Lynn,

I'm so happy the doctor found nothing out of the ordinary (except for our extraodinary sister!). We need you to stay healthy.

xsarahlynn
03-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Thank You all for Your comments. And yes Tristen my stress level has been a lot better, it's a big relief to know everything is ok, one less thing to worry about.

Helana, it was a bit creepy having a doctor feel my tits, but he was checking them, and showing me how to check for breast cancer. Which for those of You who may be taking hormones, this is something You should be doing. I never thought of it until my doctor told me, " now that Your breast are growing You have to be aware of the chances of breast cancer".

So I would just like to remind everyone on hormones, take the time to check Your breast regularly. It only takes a minute, an is very important. As hormones do add to the risk of breast cancer.

Well have a nice day everyone. Sarah Lynn

Helana
03-06-2005, 10:04 PM
Thank You all for Your comments. And yes Tristen my stress level has been a lot better, it's a big relief to know everything is ok, one less thing to worry about.

Helana, it was a bit creepy having a doctor feel my tits, but he was checking them, and showing me how to check for breast cancer. Which for those of You who may be taking hormones, this is something You should be doing. I never thought of it until my doctor told me, " now that Your breast are growing You have to be aware of the chances of breast cancer".

So I would just like to remind everyone on hormones, take the time to check Your breast regularly. It only takes a minute, an is very important. As hormones do add to the risk of breast cancer.

Well have a nice day everyone. Sarah Lynn

Hi Sarah

Actually I think my girlfriend is checking my breasts everytime she grabs them! but you are correct always get regular checks. But that goes for everybody, lots of men get breast cancer too without any hormone treatment and male breast cancer is more common than realized. So whether you had hormone treatment or not, any lumps or discharges or other changes in your breast/nipple area should always be checked out immediately.

Though far less common than in women, it is possible for men to develop breast cancer. In the year 2000, the American Cancer Society estimates that 1,400 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in men and approximately 400 men will die from breast cancer