PDA

View Full Version : Was I wrong

Terry
06-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Hi; Girls

Maybe someone here can give me a lttle advice ,The other evening I was with some my GG freinds ,and while we were there my real close GG who I have been very open with she only one of two that known about this half of my life , Well has we were taking she said there is girl setting arcoss from us at the bar she seem to be alone ,so my freind said to be go over and ash her to dance so after a while I did just that , well my point is after the dancing and some small talk she seem to me a nice woman who has been thru a lot
but now it my turn to open up some this is were I do need that advice I after some I told her about myself she did have a surprise look ,but then she also said that not a problem right now , at the end of the nite she gave me her phone number , should I call or just let it go. also was this the rigth approach for the frist time in meeting someone because I,am starting to open up more and that also is not like me .

My love as always
Terry xxxxx

rose382832
06-03-2007, 07:06 AM
i would think that if she gave you her number without you asking for it then she realy would like you to call. she opened up to you first.so you confiding in her was the right thing to do, cause any relationship that has a chance of lasting must be based on trust and honesty.:2c:

good luck and we're behind you either way.

bredalee25
06-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Honsety is the best policy better to get it out up front than to wait and worry even more after you've developed feelings for her. Yes do call her if you're interested in dating her or more down the road if thats where it leads. However she did say it's not a problem (NOW) but will it later this is what you must find out if you'd enjoy seeing her.

Thats my new approach on dating if ya can't deal with it now ya aren't gonna be able to later down the road. Been there done it with an unaccepting GF and then she accepted then she didn't i'm not gonna go through that ever again.

My friend this is all i can do is tell you how i'd handle it but only you know what you truly want and expect from a date or relationship. So as they say the ball is in your court.

ttfn

uknowhoo
06-03-2007, 09:09 AM
I am starting to open up more and that also is not like me.

Maybe that wasn't like you, but maybe it is more-so now. As life goes on we all develop and change. You've gotten to the point where you're now sufficiently comfy with your femme side that you can share it with someone you just met. Granted, there wasn't that much risk involved, per se, given the "anonymity" of relating to someone you expected you might never see again. It's kinda like the spilling your guts/secrets to the stranger in the airplane seat next to you kinda thingy. Anyway, now- flash- that anonymity factor has gone away, and you have the choice of seeing this woman again.

It seems to me the hard part is over, and there's not a whole lot to lose. Worst case, you or she may decide you wouldn't want to see each other after getting together once or twice. On the upside, this could be the beginning of a lovely relationship, based on honesty and compassion from the get-go, and that don't sound too bad to me!! :D

Good luck, and do keep us posted.

xoxo

Tammi

TxKimberly
06-03-2007, 09:14 AM
LOL - You can't argue with success! The lady gave you her number so you must have done all right. As for what you should say up front, I give the same answer - it worked out so you did well. One set of rules is not going to work for all people or all encounters. In this case, telling her the truth up front seems to have been the right thing to do.

Kim

Sasha IN
06-03-2007, 09:22 AM
I've learned that being open about myself early-on in a relationship avoids a lot of future angst. Other than when I've met people while en femme, I don't think I've ever "dropped the bomb" on a first encounter, but I admire you for doing so. Something about her must have clicked with you on a very deep level to be so open and honest from the start.

My advice would be to give her a call and see where it leads to.

Best of luck!

-Sasha

Di
06-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Sounds like a win win to me:hugs:....get going...give her a call.

Michelle04240
06-03-2007, 09:30 AM
I say you did good. You were honest, and then got the number. You have laid the best foundation. Give her a call.

marie354
06-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Oh come on now... When a girl gives you her phone number... You have to know for sure that she has at least some interest in you. This could be just the type of woman that CD's want to find. Understanding & accepting. Call her A.S.A.P.
:hugs:

Holly
06-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Terry, yes, I think you should call her. As she gave you her number, it would be rude and impolite not to. But in reading your post, I'm just a wee bit curious. It seems awfully curious that the one girl your GG friend pointed out to you and suggested you dance with worked out so well. I just wonder if there was a bit of matchmaking going on?

Rita B
06-03-2007, 11:11 AM
:2c:There's one thing you fail to mention, honey. Were you in drab? I am just surmising you must have been. If so,it takes big bxxxs to do this. You must have done allright if she gave you her phone number. What do you have to lose?:hugs:

Rita B

Seville
06-03-2007, 01:01 PM
:2c:There's one thing you fail to mention, honey. Were you in drab? I am just surmising you must have been. If so,it takes big bxxxs to do this. You must have done allright if she gave you her phone number. What do you have to lose?:hugs:

Rita B

Sorry, I could never imagine introducing myself to a GG
total stranger and saying, "By the way, I'm a crossdresser!"

Either way, Go For It!!! But my intuition says its a false number.
Let us know how it works out, Hun. :happy:

Gina_darling
06-03-2007, 01:07 PM
From reading many posts here I think the worst reactions come from those who have had it hidden from them. You have done the right thing in saying early on. The fact that the woman gave you her number after you told her says she is fine with it and is interested in seeing you again! So, go for it give her a ring if you have not already done so! Good luck!

Rebecca_Annette
06-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Go on....

Give her a call! You have nothing to lose, and, perhaps, a lot to gain.

:) :) :)

sandra-leigh
06-03-2007, 01:22 PM
i would think that if she gave you her number without you asking for it then she realy would like you to call.

Rose asks a subtly important clarifying question: did she offer you the phone number, or did you ask for it and if so then how much (if at all) did she hesitate?

My suspicion is that your dressing is "not a problem 'now'" because the woman is thinking in terms of "someone nice and sympathetic to talk to" more than "someone to date". I think she needs companionship/friendship first, and more or less told herself that "I'm not expecting anything much to come of this, and if I turn out to really like this guy, I'll have time to adjust; I don't really know what his dressing will come to mean to me; if something does happen between us, by that time I might find that it doesn't matter to me, and if it turns out to be a problem.. well, all I'm expecting for now is some coffee and some talking and a bit of dancing."

So my advise would be "Yes, by all means call her, but don't be surprised if the relationship develops slowly." If she's "been through a lot", then she will not appreciate someone who pushes her. No whirlwind romance! At the same time, she would probably appreciate someone who makes her feel valuable -- e.g., flowers might be appreciated, but red roses would be too much too soon.

I would agree with the poster who said that it would be rude not to call her. And if you are concerned because you "aren't the kind of guy that picks up women in a bar", then there is absolutely no shame in saying so to her, no shame in saying, "I hesitated to call because I was worried about seeming like the kind of guy that picks up women in bars; but I really enjoyed your company and I'd like to see you again."

O2B Barbara
06-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi Terry,

It sounds like you did not approach in any form other than friendship. Maybe she saw this and responded. Give her a call, be open and honest. Become friends as that is how it started out. If nothing comes of it, you at least made someone happy, even for a little while.

Chantelle CD
06-03-2007, 10:06 PM
I think if you both felt good about opening up, and so easily, there is a real good chance for a great relationship, friends only or otherwise, i would call, sounds like she needs someone now, and went threw a hard time.