PDA

View Full Version : for those that have had success in telling girlfriends about cding

Stephacuse
06-03-2007, 10:33 PM
at what point in the relationship when you in when you told her and she was ok with it? I'm trying to figure this out as i've just met someone granted we aren't going out yet though.

Holly
06-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Whoa... slow down girl! First take a few dates to get to know one another. This may only be a fling or a friendship. If it starts to turn romantic, then you need to bring this to the table.

Stephacuse
06-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Whoa... slow down girl! First take a few dates to get to know one another. This may only be a fling or a friendship. If it starts to turn romantic, then you need to bring this to the table.

That was my plan, defiantly to wait a few dates or longer, maybe weeks or months. Maybe even just mention a "lost" bet from a couple Halloweens ago ans see what reaction comes about.

Talon DeRojo
06-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Stephacuse - I told the woman to whom I have been married for over a decade about my CDing on our first date. Risky, yes, but I had reached a point where I knew that CDing was a part of me and figured why waste any more time than necessary if a prospective SO wouldn't be OK with it at some level? We had enjoyed some extensive, sharing conversations prior to the first date and I knew that she was someone with whom I might have a long-term relationship. Fortunately, she accepted me, CDing and all, and we've been happily married.
Talon:happy:

Veronica99
06-04-2007, 05:48 PM
I waited a few months and then let out the cat. She was totally accepting, but then again, I have no "ordinary" SO.

CDinAthens
06-04-2007, 06:19 PM
I told my SO about my Cding after teh second or thrid date....she was cool with it and normally gives me her handme downs. course like Veronica I don't have an ordinary SO either. Seh actually enjoys when I am en femme

Alice B
06-04-2007, 06:35 PM
I told my wife about two years after I had started to dress. This was in the 12th year of a very strong marriage. I presented it to her in a friendly, but direct manner and then did a great deal of research on the web and took all that applioed to me and put it in written form for her to digest. Before to this I did wear thigh high nylons when the weather was cold and wore womans underwear and have pierced ears. She had been ok with this and after reading what I wrote we sat down and had a long talk. She is now OK with it, but not in her presence (fully dressed), but is OK when I sometimes put on some light make-up at night and wear nighties to bed. She has recently given me some hand me down earrings and approved of an outfit I saw in a cataloge, so I bought it and has said little or nothing about my painting my toenails. A slow progression to where I can fully dress in her presence. Maybe a year or so down the road. The key is that I do nothing to threaten her and assure her of my love of her and that I have no intentions of turning into a full time woman. As so many have said on this forum. Be honest. It works better that way.:hugs:

Jocelyn Quivers
06-04-2007, 07:15 PM
I told my wife about a year after dating, and our relationship was at the point where I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. It was not a rushed decision, I decided to wait until long after the initial attraction of the first few dates, and decided to take the time to get know her better. We had both shared details of our lives with each other, such as hobbies, interest etc. Most importantly I took the time to plan my coming out of the closet to her for a period of several weeks. Again this is not something in my opinion you should rush into, take time. Jocelyn

Marla S
06-04-2007, 07:32 PM
I think it was a few weeks after dating. Maybe some hints before.
At first it seemed ok, later it wasn't anymore.

SweetCaroline
06-04-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm interested in knowing the answer as well...

I meet someone about six months ago, except we're not really dating per-see, just interested in seeing each other more. It's just we talk on-line, and on the phone A LOT. I've been thinking of telling her, but maybe would like to wait until I know her better and pass a few hints first.

The thing is, I think she might understand. She's seen pictures of me with naturally long hair, and knows I like to paint. That and she's a dancer, so she might understand theatrics. She was even describing one of her costumes to me once, basically a mans hat, suit coat and bow tie, and I was like (to myself) um...yeah...

LOL.

Well I'll do it when the time feels right I think. I found the hardest part in telling ANYONE your TV is the fear that they might start to think of you differently afterward, and sometimes they do, but the difference between friends and others is that friends never think negatively of you for telling them. And I find that encouraging. :happy:

O2B Barbara
06-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Took me only a couple of dates for her to figure it out, Been nothing but bliss since!

Josephine 1941
06-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Hi Girls, Well I told my SO on our first date which was at her home, we were drinking wine an having fun. One thing let to another an I knew were heading to the bed rm. I did not have any female cloths on at that time. As we were sitting on the couch drinking an a kiss or two now an then , the conversation turn to sex. I said to her before we end up in bed I would like to let you know that I like to dress in womens cloths. She looked at me an said what size are you , 16 I said she said great I am too. She also said I am a Ney York city girl so that is no problem. Talk about great sex, she love Josephine an has names for all my wigs. We have been together for over a yr an I hope many more. My take is before you end up in bed let her know sex has a way of causing problems .
Josephine

Chantelle CD
06-05-2007, 02:26 AM
On the second phone call, i told my SO, but from how we were connecting, i just knew it would be OK, and was easy to tell her, and she was the first i person i ever told.

I would say, out of respect for her person, i would tell her before it goes sexual, but thats just me.

Chantelle

Caroline
06-05-2007, 02:50 AM
I always told them before the end of the second date and just after I had decided I wanted a third. It never stopped me getting a third date, but the relationships that broke up after that never broke up as a result of my CDing, but due to other incompatibilities between us. If your girlfriend can't handle the situation early in your relationship, then that will bring additional problems and resentment to it when she finds out once you have her 'trapped' in it. Honesty in relationships is the best policy.

Dixie
06-05-2007, 03:00 AM
My wife of nearly 18 years dressed me up on our 4th or 5th date! She even gave me my name, Dixie.:drink:

HannahJ
06-11-2007, 11:49 AM
at what point in the relationship when you in when you told her and she was ok with it? I'm trying to figure this out as i've just met someone granted we aren't going out yet though.

I told my Gf after our first date She was delighted and is my Gf and best friend too Being upfront means you save sadness later Go for it

HannahJ

stellatoo
06-11-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm also a fan of the earlier the better-within reason of course!

My GF said to me on our third date "You're always so quiet; what are you hiding?"
Perfect moment to spill the beans.
She thought about it for a while and phoned me later to say she was ok with it.
We then had a few months of going out dolled up together:happy: until she went cold on it:sad:
We're still together and she will occasionally but me stuff but she's not interested in going out again...

Stella

TracyH
06-11-2007, 12:23 PM
I used to keep it a secret, but now I realize life is just too short.

If the girl has any potential for being a long term relationship, I'll tell her. One I told even before our first date, and one I told about my third. I had a female friend who I was just sitting there on the couch with, watching tv, and she started saying, "You would make a good crossdresser because you have the body for it"
I said, "funny you should say that"
She was pretty angry about it because I was moving away in two weeks and she wanted to borrow my stuff.

Basically, as soon as you're ready to talk about intimate stuff in a relationship, bring it up. it's just not honest to keep something like that a secret just to keep a relationship from breaking up.

tammie
06-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Hi Everyone: Now here is irony. My GG SO spent the night with me Sat and Sunday morning we wanted to go to the CC for brunch. There is a very reasonable dress code, especially in the summer. She came to my house on Sat night with workout shorts on. Moreover they were mine. So she wears my clothes all the time. Then she needed a pair of dress shorts to wear to the CC.

I had my dresser open looking for an older pair of stretch dress shorts I had in the back and she saw something bright and shiny blue and said "what is that" and pulled out a new Carol Wior underwire one piece swimsuit I bought last month. It turned out to be to small for me as I am tall, but she demanded to know why I had a womans swimsuit in my dresser.

Now the irony here is she was standing there waiting to wear my clothes and then was miffed with me for having women's clothing. Now I just don't get it.
Why is it OK for her to wear my workout shorts, and then my dress shorts and then be upset that I enjoy women's clothing. Maybe she just needs to think about it more.

TracyH
06-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Wait. Were the items she was borrowing women's clothes?

Corrine GG
06-11-2007, 01:25 PM
I applaud all of you who have told your SO's early on.

I found out about my husbands' other side after we had been married 3 months. I found a thongy thing (hand crafted) in his briefcase along with little trinkets of jewelry. I thought he was either cheating on me or a serial killer. I was devastated. I called his ex-wife and she finally told me...they were his. She found out from a neighbor after they had been married 10 years and their marriage was over (she was cheating on him).

I want him to be happy...just as I want to be happy. I found some old clip on earrings (i have pierced ears) that I thought about giving him. I don't know how he would take it.

Ashley_25
06-11-2007, 02:03 PM
I told my fiance on after our first date when I walked her to her door. I knew should be accepting of it just a hunch I got from her and I was right. She loves the other side of me. As a matter of fact on our honeymoon we are going to Vegas and I am going to spend all my time that I am wearing clothes as a woman. And she even brought up the posiblity of going to a little wedding chapel and doing it again but with me in dressed up!! Good luck you when ever you decide to tell her and I do believe the sooner the better.

Gisele
06-12-2007, 05:00 AM
I flat out told my GF after about 3 months of going out. We now have been together for almost 6 years now. She loves me for who I am and we are the best of friends (guy and girl).

Mistress Frillee
06-12-2007, 07:28 AM
I usually tell them early on. I am dating this woman now & on my 2nd date, last Friday, I told her & showed her my pedicured colored toenails! She mentioned that I am a metrosexual! LOL She said how she liked that I was not afraid to get a pedicure.

I do not do the make up & wig thing, I am more metro. I wear panties & womens sandals ( but look unisex enough, no heel), womens flared jeans, pink tops ( mens & womens), get pedicures with colored polish, thats about it. I do not try & pass, I am always a dude.

MichelleSanders
06-12-2007, 07:54 AM
I told my SO after living together for six years. I had ordered a couple of books for her to read and printed out some material from the internet ahead of time because the questions really come up, so I wanted to be prepared. She was somewhat shocked at the beginning but after four or five days, with a lot of talking/questioning, she accepted it, a little bit at least.

Then, after two weeks she put me into one of her dresses. I have to say that after 2-1/2 years now she is very accepting and our relationship is better than ever.

I think honesty and being well prepared with answers goes a long way toward making a tough situation easier.

Dena
06-12-2007, 09:30 AM
I told my girl (now my wife!) about 2 months after we met. It was
right about the time we started spending most of our free time
together.

Frankie-Dear
06-12-2007, 10:01 AM
My wife and I have been married for 15 years. I began thinking about seriously CDing, and I dropped a few playful little hints like, "Maybe I should get ME some silky panties..." or, "Would you let me be your girlfriend?" :battingeyelashes:

Each time, she blushed a little and smiled... :heehee:

While she was gone, I bought a pair of really cute panties. When she got back in the evening, I took a shower and put them on. Over them, I put on a pair of shorts, but left the zipper open. She was in the kitchen getting dinner together, and I sidled up to her and opened the sides of my fly. She glanced, did a double-take, and then her face flushed... She was pretty surprised... She didn't want me wearing them to bed, but she was turned on by them, just the same.

Last night, she said, "Wouldn't it be cute if we had matching panties and pajamas?"

Gawwwwd, I love that woman!! :love:*BEAMING!*

P.S. One more thing: I've been keeping things light and funny, and refusing to take myself too seriously, even though I really DO take the way I look, seriously. A sense of humor will carry you far, and it will keep your SO from going into a crisis of self-doubt, feeling like less of a woman, wondering about your sexuality, etc. etc. Your mileage may vary, but so far, this is what I've found...