PDA

View Full Version : GOP cd

Stephanie32
06-03-2007, 11:00 PM
this is the first time i have ever posted. Im a young successful busnessman in my 20's who has been courted by the republican party as a potential candidate for office some day. I have met the president, and been introduced to the goven(at)or as a rising star.
Right now my girlfriend is on a 6 month deployment in Iraq. After attending a few support meetings and finding myself the only guy there. I stopped going. Now I'd never be unfaithful to my girlfriend, so I started becoming curious.
IT WAS SUCH A RUSH! putting on womens clothing again. I haven't done it since I was 12. I went on a $2000 online spending spree on pumps, breast forms dresses, swimsuits, lengerie, pantyhose, books you name it. I cant wait until it all arives. And I can't stop doing it. Ya'll seem like very nice people. Help!

Holly
06-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Hi Kimberley and :welcom: to the forum. Always nice to greet another California girl. Help? If you need help shopping, count me in. :D

Stephanie32
06-03-2007, 11:09 PM
After seeing what happened to Jim West in Spokehane WA, and all my friends are HARDCORE conservatives along with my parents and girlfriend who beleive the only thing they hate more thann gays are Al Queda. I could loose everything, if I don't get this under control. I mean I feel like if this gets out. I might as well be caught on Dateline NBC to catch a predator, with Chris Hansen. again help

neon_noodle
06-03-2007, 11:38 PM
Don't worry about it. Two reasons -

1. You are probably just missing your girlfriend a lot, and the CDing helps with the stress and lonelyness of being apart. When she comes back, you won't feel so lonely.

2. If your CDing is fun and gets you off, just keep it to yourself. Virtually 100% of hidden acts are found out because you tell somebody else. If you just CD at home, no one is going to know.

Now get in those stockings, high heels, and panites, and have yourself a good time.

CaptLex
06-03-2007, 11:49 PM
I don't get it, what kind of help are you asking for? How to stop CDing? You'd be better off making new friends. We're friendly . . . :happy:

Jenna1561
06-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Hi Kimberely,

Your story is a bit amazing, particularly as it's your first post and your profile is very minimal. For a successful young businessman and rising political star concerned about being "outed" it surprises me that you would dare to mention those facts in a public forum. Pardon me if I doubt the veracity of your post.

But to give you the benefit of believing you, I ask you the following. You ask for help - exactly what type of help are you looking for?

- Do you want help improving your presentation?
- Do you want help with shopping?
- Or do you want help stopping?

Again, if I'm mistaken and your story is the truth, I apologize.

Jenna

Kate Simmons
06-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Jenna brought out some good points. Seems to be some missing info here and not quite clear to me what you are trying to accomplish or what kind of help you are requesting. Care to elaborate? Like CaptLex said, we are friendly.:happy:

Chantelle CD
06-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Hey Kimber, I'm sorry i couldn't help but laugh:battingeyelashes: need to know a little more info, like....you said you hadn't dressed since you were 12, have you had urges to dress, but stooped them all this time? Would your wife leave you if she found out you wanted to make this a part of your life? Would she be hurtful and tell the world if you told her, and she couldn't accept it ?Dressing again now, do you want to do it more? feel free to add and tell us more please.

I know its hard, the stereo typing of us and even accepting yourself is not easy to do, i fought it so Meany years, and just plain give up fighting it now.

You can CD and not lose everything, you dont have to tell anyone, unless you feel you can share with your wife, and trust her to not let it out, sounds like you do a lot of business trips<lots of time to do it there>

Dont be afraid, it wont get you in trouble, unless you go to work and forget to get undressed hehe, just enjoy when you get the chance to dress, and dont kick yourself for feeling this side of yourself kk

Chantelle

Stephanie32
06-04-2007, 12:24 AM
i'm a little frightened by this. I got all these feelings that I am actually enjoying myself. Heck doing housework in drag is the only time when its enjoyable. My place is clean for the first time since my gf left. I can't wait until I get that french maid costume I ordered. I like the smooth feeling of pantyhose on my legs, as well as pointy toed high heels except when 4 hours is painfull. I've slept in my girlfriends lengerie for 3 days straight, a black teddy. And after doing some reasearch. I get the impression that these feelings doint every go away. I see that in many circumstances from previous posts that significant others have been supportive. But now that I have this its causing me to rethink my political ambitions. Even if I were a liberal democrat running in the casrto district, west hollywood or hillcrest. It would look bad. I'm just curious to see how others who lve in conservative circles live with this, because from what I've read it doesn't go away.

Rachel Morley
06-04-2007, 12:25 AM
I'm kinda with Jenna on this one. Why did you think it was important to tell us your political connections? .... for an apparently successful businessman who has met the President and the Governator, and who is such a rising star, (your words not mine) I was surprised to see a post so littered with spelling mistakes.

But, lets get past my pessimistic attitude (I'm sorry I don't like politicians much) and assume you are genuine. Would I be right in assuming you maybe want help because you think this is getting out of control and you've got too much to lose? If so don't worry there are plenty of things you can do to be discrete. Crossdressing can be additive especially if you get a rush from it. Just relax and enjoy it. Have fun with it. If you really are what you say you are then you deserve it as with such a hectic lifestyle this could be just the stress buster you need. :D

sterling12
06-04-2007, 12:36 AM
Ladies, I think your getting "cranked." Take a look at Kimmy's last post. "Rising,young, political stars" know how to use The Spell-check and I would imagine that they also would know how to capitalize proper names.

I actually do know some Transgurl's who are dyed in the wool NeoCons. I could make an argument that for someone transgendered to be supporting Republicans and the Religious Right, would be about like Jews supporting The Nazi Party in Germany, during the 1930s. But, to each his own. Those folks have the right to run their life as they see fit.

Anyway, I guess we are doing exactly what is required. We are responding! Hope that gives Kimmie a lot of chuckles.

Peace and Love, Joanie

sandra-leigh
06-04-2007, 12:46 AM
IT WAS SUCH A RUSH! putting on womens clothing again. I haven't done it since I was 12. I went on a $2000 online spending spree on pumps, breast forms dresses, swimsuits, lengerie, pantyhose, books you name it. I cant wait until it all arives. And I can't stop doing it.

Around here, the expression that would often be used for that, is "the pink fog" -- that once someone in some sense or other get permission to dress (even if only from themselves) that it isn't uncommon to rush and try to take it all in at once, not infrequently pushing the boundaries of those around them too far and not infrequently making decisions that might come to be second-thought when things calm down. I've also sometimes seen the term "the pink rush" used, with "rush" in that case hinting at the "rush" that accompanies doing drugs.

There's no antidode for "pink fog", except to exercise deliberate self control, to tell yourself "I'm going to savour this over time rather than try it all at once".

If it should turn out that you have difficulty in controling your pink fog, then I would suggest that politics might not be the best match for you, as you would need to question how you would handle the "rush" that accompanies power for some people.

The good news on the political front is that the Democrats cannot directly attack cross-dressing without risking their claims to diversity and tolerance, nor without risking damage to their LGBT (Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transexual) constituancy. But what the Democrats do go to town on is apparent hipocrasy. For example, a recently passed bill had offered protection from discrimination on several grounds, including "gender identity"; if there had been a situation where it had turned out that you had argued against such a clause, you would be vulnerable. And you can expect the case of the transgendered city manager (Florida) to continue to have importance; if it were ever the case that you had voted against her (or similar people) based upon a "family values" argument, and it were later found that you were a crossdresser yourself, then you would be vulnerable.

The greatest political difficulty is potentially not from the opposing party, but rather from your own party. I gather (from here in Canada) that being divorced or having been an alcoholic or drug addict (esp. "white collar drugs") is not necessarily a barrier to GOP candidacy; it thus comes down to how the party apparatus believes whatever personal faults you may have will affect your "marketability". In California, anything could happen -- it could even be seen as positive, just the same way that a strongly GOP gay candidate is considered good because such a thing offers reasurance to homosexuals that there is room for them in the GOP, that it really is possible to be gay and to strongly believe that the Democrats are not the right answer for the country. Generally speaking, your fiscal and social policies would be examined along with your charisma and your ability to get people to trust that you will make sound judgements. If you are believed to be strong in electability, then a pecularity will be determined not to be a significant problem -- but if you happen to be going up against a strong opponent, then it could be decided that the peculiarity could prove too distracting from the messages that are to be brought across to the electorate.

Though I just reviewed your note about "HARDCORE" conservatives... ummm, yeah, that could be a problem.

battybattybats
06-04-2007, 01:03 AM
Hmm... I would suggest that as someone who may be about to enter politics that you consider standing on your principles at the cost of everything else or you decline all offers to do so.

If that means you have to reconsider all your political thoughts and risk the ire or ostracism of family and friends then do so if you want to hold public office. That does not mean you have to come out. What someone does legally in the privacy of their home is there own business. However it would mean that you should not vote against legislation that would be at odds with your newfound experiential truth.

If for example you were discovered as a closet crossdresser and had a history of supporting pro GLBT legislation and argued that it was no body elses business but your own it could possibly be bad.. but think how bad it would be if you had regularly voted for anti GLBT legislation! You would want to avoid Haggard style hypocrasy.

Leah B
06-04-2007, 02:00 AM
There IS a way to come out AND still be electable. Really, considering what some politicians have done and still not been run out of town, this can be done.

But I couldn't live with myself if I helped a Republican politician.

kerrianna
06-04-2007, 02:09 AM
Let's face it Kimberley, you're on the wrong side of the fence. :p

Cross on over where you are not only accepted but embraced! :happy:

Or better yet...be yourself and be brave and help people in your circles see that there is nothing wrong with a person based on how they dress or what they like to do in their own private time.

Where you stand that is indeed bravery, and if that is the help you need, to be brave, then we're here for you hon. :hugs: :thumbsup:

Stephanie32
06-04-2007, 02:12 AM
Thanks for bringing up the spell check. Since this is my first thread. It was a little distracting. I didn't notice the icon on the right side, and I’m having some difficulty with ie spell
Tess thank you for being so articulate, I think you are right about this being a pink rush. My political ambitions will not be for at least another 4 years. I don't like the climate for 2008, and nobody runs when they are in their 20’s unless they are part of a political dynasty. You get your feet wet running campaigns, being a businessman or going to war. They just network you in with the right people at my age.
But it has occurred to me that the path to greater cd acceptance is through Hollywood, and pop culture. Not through government. Movies and tv shows that could take a humorous bent on the issue, without a gay context would do more for making this acceptable by the masses than any civil rights bill passed by congress.

Stephanie32
06-04-2007, 02:46 AM
Hypocracy is hugh for me. Mark Folly and his sexual excapades, and Duke Cunningham seeming to use his war record as a shield for commiting acts of massive coruption. Democrats are bad too. But I won't get into them it would take to long.
In Califonia, labor rules with an iron fist, the political environment is not friendly to business. Businesses either move to greener pastures in Nevada or Arizona, or outsource high paying jobs over sees. The highly motivated individual should have the ability to experience the american dream, and its not happening here in California.
WRT social issues, my additude towards gays are to "just be cool." I'll respect you if you respect me. Live and let live. But many parents don't appreciate sexuality being flaunted for their children to see in public or on tv, and that should be respected too. But thats not to say I don't acknowledge gay contributions to america. Heck lets face it most of them are responsible for pop culture, eg. Hollywood and fashion, I gues thats a good thing. Except my girlfriend spends so much money on clothes, its difficult for us to budget for a trip to Europe. But then again if all women dresses like the Amish, I doubt cross dressing would be enjoyable.

battybattybats
06-04-2007, 03:08 AM
Movies and tv shows that could take a humorous bent on the issue, without a gay context would do more for making this acceptable by the masses than any civil rights bill passed by congress.

While generally true, being illegal to discriminate against, or fire someone for being a, croossdresser would help an aweful lot of people. Immediatly as opposed to the wait for cultural shift.

But many parents don't appreciate sexuality being flaunted for their children to see in public or on tv, and that should be respected too.

I can respect that they don't appreciate that just like I respect any anti-freedom of speech viewpoint.. oh.. wait.. I live in a country without a formal freedom of speech only an assumed one! In fact we don't have a bill of rights and we flagrently disregard the U.N. convention on Human Rights too... but yes I respectfully disagree with the notion that there should be any limitation on freedom of speech. In fact anyone who believes in freedom of speech should support the 'change the channel' argument. Free speech is free only as long as it is unrestricted surely?

Might I suggest some reading material? Plato Socrates Aristotle Kant Voltaire Hobbes... anything involving the 'enlightnement'.. maybe a little Jefferson too.. simple basic ethics... maybe the US constitution and the bill of rights?

Stephanie32
06-04-2007, 04:25 AM
"Might I suggest some reading material? Plato Socrates Aristotle Kant Voltaire Hobbes... anything involving the 'enlightnement'.. maybe a little Jefferson too.. simple basic ethics... maybe the US constitution and the bill of rights?"

Betty. I've read them all. My point was that I'm respectful to others, if they themselves are repectful to me amongst others. Is it not hypocritical to insist that others be respectful of an alternative lifestyle, yet not be respectful of their traditional lifestyle? If you insist on preaching tolerance, yet practice intoleance towards others. You will only recieve resistance and furthur bigiotry. "just be cool."
The role of parents is that of protector, of what they percieve as a threat. You will not recieve converts from them by supporting an alternative lifestyle, by drum beating the first amendment, and calling yourself enlightenened by quoting esoteric political literature. They would insist that a strict intrepretation of the bible is the path to enlightnment. In reality politics is so subjective, that is dependant on which party has the best salesmen and administrators working for them.
With regards to the first amendment. It is your right to use it to offend people any way to want. But you cannot complanin and silence others like Don Imus when they say things that are offensive. I will defend your first amendment right to attack my beleifs with the second amendment. Unless you libs try to take that away. But would that not be self defeating.

Ekatcha
06-04-2007, 05:00 AM
Firstly, its Spokane... no H. =)

Secondly, interesting position you must find yourself in. Political opinions are, I belive, completely indepdendant of who you find yourself to be. By that I mean, you can believe what you want irregardless of CDing or transgendered, or whatever. That said, there are political platforms which seem to align themselves in particular directions. The GOP seems, at times, opposed to alternative thought such as CDing and the like. Must be difficult to reconcile those a bit, would be for me. From a personal perspective, I am politically much like everything else... undecided. =)

If you hold asperations for office, there must be some concern that what you really think/feel inside will come out someday. Given the flow of information these days and how easy it is to pull records, this seems likely, especially going forward. The powers used and sought by those in power make these sorts of lookups trivial... but then again, perhaps they'll look away if your aligned with the right party when the time comes.

Myself, I believe that your rights extend only so far as they don't tred upon mine. Its the respectful of others that you mention. I think if each of us keep this in mind, then regardless of political offiliation, its good for the whole of society. I do think you're right that in this day in age, "politics is so subjective, that is dependant on which party has the best salesmen and administrators working for them." It's sad, to me, that it's come to this. The esoterical political literature you mention had dreamed of so much more. Begs the question, what has become of us, as a society? Hopefully the political process has not degraded to the point that the use of the freedoms granted in the 2nd amdendment become necessary.

Should you hold office someday, bring to it what you know of this community, and what developes out of it. Long term, it can only make you, and the rest of us, better people. Not knowing what you want, personally, out of the community thats about all I can say... well that and I wish I had your wardrobe allowance!

~ Eka

Fab Karen
06-04-2007, 05:10 AM
After seeing what happened to Jim West in Spokehane WA, and all my friends are HARDCORE conservatives along with my parents and girlfriend who beleive the only thing they hate more thann gays are Al Queda. I could loose everything, if I don't get this under control. I mean I feel like if this gets out. I might as well be caught on Dateline NBC to catch a predator, with Chris Hansen. again help

You may have outed yourself already- you felt the need to tell us details which anyone with connections in Sacramento could potentially discover who you are.
Add to this that anyone entering the right phrase into a search engine could stumble upon your post in this public forum- you don't have to be a member to read it. Assuming of course that this ISN'T some bullshit story( the detector is beeping), this is political suicide for a republican.

Teresa Amina
06-04-2007, 06:38 AM
Having fun yet? If you're sincere you're putting yourself in a very hazardous position. Look what happened to Susan Stanton, a simple city manager with no real political intentions. As a rising star you'll be eaten for lunch as soon as they've used you for whatever you're worth.
Have a nice day! :devil:

TxKimberly
06-04-2007, 06:57 AM
Hi Kimberley and :welcom: to the forum. Always nice to greet another California girl. Help? If you need help shopping, count me in. :D

You are soo funny Holly. By the way, count me in on the shopping trip too! :-)

Kimberly (Yeh I know, yet ANOTHER Kimberly! If I'd have known the damn was so popular, I might have chosen another one. lol)

MsJanessa
06-04-2007, 07:10 AM
first of all I'm assuming that you are for real and not some troll out to get a couple of laughs although I agree with some of the other posters here that something doesn't really ring true about you---anyway my first bit of advice is watch the credit card spending---if it gets out of hand it can become real trouble. Secondly you should know, if you don't already, that crossdressing and conservative politics don't really mix well. In order to be successfull, conservative politicians have to pander to the religous right. Ask any evenglical christian what they think of Us and they will make the sign of the cross and say they will pray for our souls and that we stop the sin of x-dressing. Either that or they will say that We should all be put in jail. If you want to have any hope of being elected on a conservative ticket you either have to be so far in the closet that you will never see daylight (and always be paranoid that you will be outed by someone) or will have to give up cding completely, which is extremely difficult to do. My advice to you right now is to concentrate on building a successful busines(BTW what kind of business are you in?) and to make yourself financially secure---put your political ambitions on hold for now. You have a life to live in the present. Good luck

lynn27
06-04-2007, 07:20 AM
If you are serious about a political carrer you better master that spelling thing [I haven't]. California IS spelled with a "R", you should know that, you do live there, don't you?]. Also, overseas is one word and American is ALWAYS spelled with a capital "A".:sad:

Locally we had a councilman who was a "rising star", two or three terms and looking at country wide or state wide office. He's a veteran and he had a fundraiser with a huge banner welcoming some Veteran's organization. He misspelled "Veterans" on the banner. He has lost three elections since that banner...
...In Califonia, labor rules with an iron fist, the political environment is not friendly to business. Businesses either move to greener pastures in Nevada or Arizona, or outsource high paying jobs over sees.... ...america....

As far as crossdressing and a political carrer go, you might want to give one up. i.e. I don't see Rudy getting much popular support once mainstream America see all his crossdressing video's and photos on a nightly basis...:p

O2B Barbara
06-04-2007, 08:26 AM
HI Kimberly,

Hope you feel good about the forum. I have noticed that once a question is but out here you need to be prepared for a lot of answers thrown your way.

Enough about politics, from one who is politically apathetic, and welcome to the family!

serinalynn
06-04-2007, 10:44 AM
this is the first time i have ever posted. Im a young successful busnessman in my 20's who has been courted by the republican party as a potential candidate for office some day. I have met the president, and been introduced to the goven(at)or as a rising star.
Right now my girlfriend is on a 6 month deployment in Iraq. After attending a few support meetings and finding myself the only guy there. I stopped going. Now I'd never be unfaithful to my girlfriend, so I started becoming curious.
IT WAS SUCH A RUSH! putting on womens clothing again. I haven't done it since I was 12. I went on a $2000 online spending spree on pumps, breast forms dresses, swimsuits, lengerie, pantyhose, books you name it. I cant wait until it all arives. And I can't stop doing it. Ya'll seem like very nice people. Help!

Well, Kimberely, one of these days your Girl Friend will be back, YOu might consider what you are going to say when she finds womens clothing in your appartment when she gets back. Especially if the two of you are living together. You Know, she is going to eventually ask some questions about who wears all those womens clothing items that YOU bought. Have you ever told her about your crossdressing feelings? This is just something you might want to think about before she gets back.

GypsyKaren
06-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Feel free to post in this thread, but if it's going to be personal digs or grammar lessons, then I suggest you go make yourself a sandwich or something.

Karen

Sharon
06-04-2007, 11:32 AM
But it has occurred to me that the path to greater cd acceptance is through Hollywood, and pop culture. Not through government. Movies and tv shows that could take a humorous bent on the issue, without a gay context would do more for making this acceptable by the masses than any civil rights bill passed by congress.

What we actually need are supposedly conservative public officials, such as you describe yourself as wanting to be, who are willing to stick their necks out and not hide their true selves from the electorate. Hell, I would be grateful to see any national politician do so, conservative or liberal. You can count on one hand, with fingers left over, how many openly gay national officials there are. My fear is that it will be a cold day in hell when one admits being a crossdresser while in office.

See what you can do about that, huh? Instead of worrying how it will effect your future plans if you were to be discovered, think about being honest and how to convince voters you are the best candidate regardless of the prejudices and ignorance out there. Think of it, a politician whose private life is one not to be ashamed of! If it wasn't for your stated policies, I might even vote for you if it was possible.

KarenXDR
06-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Hi Kimberley14!

Predictably the "Non-Liberals Have No Brains and No Rights" are certainly having their usual "fun" with you. I'm used to it. I mean, what other State could send its Nation gems like IDidn'tMeanToKillMaryJo Kennedy, JohnSendYourDummytoIraq Kerry, PagesAreFun Barney Frank and Howdayalikemyshermantank Dukakis!!!!!!!

So who's brainless?

Sadly though you're already in trouble. If you think for one moment the Liberal "investigative reporters" won't track you back to crossdressers.com some day you're incredibly naive - and don't read the papers.

Kiss your political career goodbye, Falling Star. And welcome to our "real fun" site. Good luck.

Karen

StephanieH
06-04-2007, 12:14 PM
:2c:As someone's who's politically just to the right of Benito Mussolini, I wouldn't be overly concerned about it unless you're out at the local mall and being photographed.

They just don't come more right-wing than myself, so much so that I left the Republican party because I was too disgusted with W and the Congress we've had in the last decade. I met Ronald Reagan back in 1979, and he set the bar for me. Since then I've been fortunate enough to meet with George Bush the elder, Bob Dole, and a number of other conservative figures.

If you're seriously going to run for political office, be aware, you live in a fish bowl and it will be hard to hide anything that you're very active with. If you do this, be very careful not to do things locally, erase your footprints everywhere you can, and have something ready for release if the news gets out. And remember, admitting to something once it's revealed is the quickest way to diffuse a situation. It takes away the press's blood-thirsty desire to dig up all the dirt if they throw something at you like, "ah hah! So, you like to wear ladies clothes? Do you think that's a problem?" At that point, simply say, "Yep, sure do. Nope, I don't think it's a problem and neither does my wife/SO (whatever). I believe whatever people do in their relationship is their own business as long as it doesn't hurt anyone and doesn't affect others or their ability to perform their job." Show's over at that point.

Good luck, and I'm glad to hear there's another conservative in California! :happy:

susiej
06-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Kimberly,

Your original post has been publicly available just about 24 hours, and probably has not been captured by any search engines, unless you're very unlucky. If you're serious about running for office any time before being TV/TS/TG is seen as okay -- decades! -- I suggest you edit the personal details from the post, and your profile, immediately.

But, at the risk of being blunt, here is my analysis of this entire thread:

Is Kimberly, as described, a real person?

A) No, she's a pure troll.
B) Yes. Why this post?

a) She's foolish or self-destructive, will never succeed in politics
b) Perhaps it was posted by someone else as basis of a future smear campaign

Hugs,
Susie

Dasein9
06-04-2007, 12:25 PM

We need both. They're not mutually exclusive.

EricaCD
06-04-2007, 02:13 PM
I'll take the liberty of assuming that Kimberley is on the up-and-up.

At this point, given your posting here and the large amount of online purchases you just made, you should assume that your CDing will be discovered should you run for any office more prominent than local dog-catcher. Among other things, you can be sure that all the California-resident members will be looking for a local candidate in his 20s with a wife returning from an Iraq deployment! Maybe you'll get lucky through one or two election cycles, but not forever.

So you had better be certain that you are ok with being outed. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to let your SO know, so that it can be a mutual decision (and because that would really be an awful way for her to find out). BTW, I have not foreclosed the possibility of running for elected office in the future. Helene and I have discussed this; we both agree that it will have to wait until our kids are a little older because I would have to come out to them first. At that point, our family would make the decision collectively.

If you are ok being outed (or coming out), good for you. Be as conservative a candidate as you like - but I hope you will resist the temptation to bash the LGBT community.

Erica

Gunda
06-04-2007, 02:37 PM
I could make an argument that for someone transgendered to be supporting Republicans and the Religious Right, would be about like Jews supporting The Nazi Party in Germany, during the 1930s. But, to each his own. Those folks have the right to run their life as they see fit.

Sterling,
Without deciding whether this thread is bogus or not, I must respond to your blatant characterization above that it is somehow inappropriate for TG people to support politically conservative issues. I myself have some very conservative viewpoints - fiscally and politically - along with some liberal ones. Wanting less government intrusion in your life and favoring the private over the public sector to me are perfectly understandable, indeed laudable, viewpoints that have no bearing on the clothes someone chooses to wear. (I don't consider neo-cons real conservatives in the classical sense but that's another post).
Lastly, I guess I just think its a mistake to equate the social politics of, say, the evangelical right with all conservatives. To my way of thinking as a sort of libertarian conservative, who cares what someone's sexuality is or what clothes they prefer so long as they don't harm others or make private business public. I just don't see that there has to be a contradiction between alternate lifestyles and conservatism as many poeple on the left do. It is dangerous to see all conservatives as part of the 'Bob Jones University'-type monolith. Thanks for hearing me out but I just thought that needed to be said.

Best,
Gunda

Annesah
06-04-2007, 03:19 PM
EricaCD

I too am very conservative though I live in a liberal town and have many friends of all stripes. I have never heard any LGBT bashing from any of my conservative associates. Many of them know Annesah and are supportive.
There are idiots on the fringe both Right and Left but this thing about all Republicans being homophobic is a lefty mith. Where would you expect Dick Chainey to be on this issue?

Kitty Sue
06-04-2007, 03:19 PM
glad your with us here.

Andrea Nicole
06-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Hi,
I am an ultra conservative, not a neo-con. I'm too old to be a neo-con, I'm from the Barry Goldwater school.
I considered that analogy by by STERLING12 to be insulting, and would like it deleted.
I realize the vast majority and mods here are libs, but to allow that analogy ... come on ....
Sincerely,
Andi ..

Fab Karen
06-04-2007, 04:26 PM
EricaCD

I too am very conservative though I live in a liberal town and have many friends of all stripes. I have never heard any LGBT bashing from any of my conservative associates. Many of them know Annesah and are supportive.
There are idiots on the fringe both Right and Left but this thing about all Republicans being homophobic is a lefty mith. Where would you expect Dick Chainey to be on this issue?

We are talking about the politicians running the party, not ALL republican people. If Barry Goldwater were still alive, he'd be fighting mad about who has taken control of the party.
Have you forgotten the disingenuous "shock" of Cheney in the VP debate, saying,"how dare you out my daughter" when it was common knowledge in the media already. And he doesn't believe his daughter should have the same rights that he & his wife have.

Fab Karen
06-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Sterling,
Without deciding whether this thread is bogus or not, I must respond to your blatant characterization above that it is somehow inappropriate for TG people to support politically conservative issues. I myself have some very conservative viewpoints - fiscally and politically - along with some liberal ones. Wanting less government intrusion in your life...

Best,
Gunda
So for example you disagree with Bush's illegal wiretapping. You disagree with them requiring libraries to hand over records of what materials ordinary citizens are reading/using. You disagree with archaic sodomy laws persisting in some states, etc. The people currently running the party would not want you working for them.

Sharon
06-04-2007, 04:48 PM
The News and Politics section was closed for a reason, because talking about politics here does nothing but create ill will. Therefore......