PDA

View Full Version : I was worried so....

Felix
06-04-2007, 02:26 PM
I have been worried for some time about the changes that are coming in September to my work place. The biggest being the new Head Master!!! He won't be on site most of the time and our fantastic deputy will hopefully be running the show. I spoke to her today about my concerns. I said,'****, what is this new head like with diversity?' Well I beat around the bush a little before I asked her. She said, 'C**** as that is how she knows me, don't worry you'll have nothing to worry about you will be fine'. I know she will look out for me but I needed to know off her as she is at the front of everything. So I feel better now, well until I meet him and then I will know by his reaction I guess. Although she may talk to him about the diversity amongst the staff, ya never know xx Felix :hugs:

CaptLex
06-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Good idea asking about it, just in case. I hope her response put you at ease. :happy:

Felix
06-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Well it did Lex, I've never really thought of asking straight up front but the atmosphere was relaxed so I saw the opportunity and took it. I suppose I'll always be a little nervous cos everyone knows me and someone new in the equation always leaves room for problems. I'll just have to see I guess. Thanx Hun :hugs: xx Felix

kerrianna
06-04-2007, 02:54 PM
I like the way you are taking charge of things Felix, not letting your fears and worries build up but tackling them head on. It sounds like you've got a strong support network there that appreciates and values you for who you are, and you recognize that in yourself.

Confidence is more than half the trick huh? Keep being brave kind sir. :hugs::love:

Charleen
06-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Good for you for asking! What we fear the most is the unknown. Boy can that play mind games! You'll be fine. I get away at work looking effeminate, nothing being said by the boss, my fellow workers or the customers. Yeah, I'm Charlie at work, but Lily shines through in my appearance, long nails, hair hoop earrings ect, but in my demeanor as well. Be who you are. The old saying, To Thine Own Self Be True, holds up.
Love and xxxx, Lily

pocoyo
06-05-2007, 04:58 AM
Yeah good on you for asking Felix!

Now you can breathe a little sigh of relief!
And it kind of shows you are now concerned about what is important to you... and that is a really good, strong, loving thing dude :happy: (Sorry, that was worded badly... but you prob get what I mean lol).

It's pretty cool that you get to interact with a new work colleague as the more true you, right from the start! (If that makes sense lol)

*huggs*

Felix
06-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Thanx peeps ya all so very sweet and supportive xx Felix :hugs:

Lovely Rita
06-09-2007, 11:02 AM
It sounds like things will be fine for you. I hope things go without any problems. I have my own arrangement when it comes to work and your thread has reminded me of some of the difficulties that we can face regarding diversity.
Do you have protections to rely on? I mean non-descrimination etc.?

Felix
06-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi Rita and thanx hun :hugs: Yeah there are policies but I haven't read anything about transgender yet. I probably will if i felt I had to come out fully xx Felix :hugs:

Lovely Rita
06-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Hi Rita and thanx hun :hugs: Yeah there are policies but I haven't read anything about transgender yet. I probably will if i felt I had to come out fully xx Felix :hugs:

It could be interesting to know the policies and may provide further relief. Even if you never have to bring them up.

Can I ask what part of the country you teach in?

Headmaster rings of private school.

Have a wonderful day:hugs: