PDA

View Full Version : Do you dress your age?

ronna
06-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Since I like short skirts and high heels, I find myself shopping in the Juniors' department more often than not. Misses and women's styles would be more appropriate at my age, but I still like the younger fashions better.

Do you dress your own age (not many of us could be "little girls," could we)?

Margie
06-04-2007, 05:08 PM
I tend to dress my age Ronna. Skirts to my knees with blouses and dresses. I'm in my sixties and can manage to look like in my forties or fifties but that's it. I hate heels for any lenght of time so I go with 1 to 2" heels. I still browse the junior section and "wish" I were younger, and "thinner" !!!

gulliver
06-04-2007, 05:08 PM
physical age (47) - definitely NOT!
the age i feel (20-something) - YES: short skirt, tight top, big chunky boots, and fishnets if i'm pubbing or clubbing!

Rachael Warren
06-04-2007, 05:12 PM
It depends on where I'm going, I like to dress young and am accepted in that mode by girls under half my age.

If out in daylight alone, I dress a lot more like my real age.

rose382832
06-04-2007, 05:14 PM
i'm incredibly lucky that, while im 46 i only look 25,or so. that being said i dress still younger, around 18.i am also lucky that i have the body to carry it off(mostly but to wide in the shoulders) i have yet to try to go into a bar and see how young i realy look but sometime maybe.

Joy Carter
06-04-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm fifty seven and do dress more upscale fitting a gal my age. Just can't get into those flowery prints yet. :rolleyes:

Stephenie S
06-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Absolutely. I always dress my age. How else will I be accepted? If I were to prance around in daisy dukes, micro minis, bare tummy tops, and high heels, I would be laughed at immediately.

I have enough problems passing as it is without adding absurd outfits to the mess.

Lovies,
Stephie

susancheerleader
06-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Since I like short skirts and high heels, I find myself shopping in the Juniors' department more often than not. Misses and women's styles would be more appropriate at my age, but I still like the younger fashions better.

I am like you. I am into the Juniors' department.
I am not yet ready to dress or act my age, either in guy or girl mode.

Daintre
06-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Yes I do dress my age, I am 55 and I buy clothes that are age appropriate, I have several sales associates who co-ordinate what I buy.

MJ
06-04-2007, 06:10 PM
well i am 46 for 26 more days and i dress more like 36 i can get away with it for now

Deidra Cowen
06-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Most the time I dress my age...well I am a bit like MJ. I am 46 but feel like I get away with looking very late 30s so thats kinda my standard look. However I have gone with a older look a time or two...even posted some pics here of that look. Had old lady reading glasses on, curly big hair wig and a long skirt. Also have rarely done a wilder club look for big parties like Twinkledome. But 90% of the time its a conservatiive attempt to blend in look with jeans or capri pants...and low key makeup.

Toyah
06-04-2007, 06:23 PM
I am not ready for the granny look so nope dont dress my age. When the granny look is all I can get guess thats time to pack in

Alice B
06-04-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm 65, but look younger, maybe in my low to middle 50's. I do like skirts above the knees because I have good looking legs, but I still wear conservative dresses and skirt tops. As long as I can get away with it I'll dress somewhat younger than my age. I just got a new outfit that I will share as soon as I get a chance to dress.:happy:

Sally24
06-04-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm 52 and dress for the 30's or 40's when out with my wife. Clubbing I tend to dress more for the 20's or 30's. Really a woman my age who is thin and active can carry off any of the looks that I do so I still think I'm dressing "age appropriate".

Jocelyn Quivers
06-04-2007, 06:54 PM
No, I usually wear skirts a little to short and tight for my age. However I look at it like this, I still do not have to much cellulite yet so it's sort of ok.:DJocelyn

Ashley1
06-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Not a chance in hell! At my age I would need to find a hoop skirt. For me, this is all make believe anyway which I decided long ago so I'm off to the Junior Department in search of short skirts and tight tops.:hugs:
:love:
Ashley

KatieZ
06-04-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm pretending to be a girl. No reason I can't pretend I'm a young girl. hehe

Actually when I go out I do dress my age to more blend in (nobody looks at old women anyway), but at home I do tend to dress younger.

Lisa Baby
06-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Most of my clothing has a conservitive cut to them. But the styles vary quite a bit so that I am comfortable wearing what makes me feel good at the time. :devil:

Lisa Baby

sami1952
06-04-2007, 08:01 PM
I guess you could say i dress my age,i like short skirt and dress and show off some legs.

stormrider
06-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Not so much the age for me but the era. I like vintage, Heck I AM VINTAGE.

Michelle

gwenrob43
06-04-2007, 08:09 PM
I definitely tend to dress my age. I do have some shorter skirts, wigs that are more youthful looking. need to take some newer pics.

Gwen

Wendi {LI NY}
06-04-2007, 08:15 PM
I try to dress my age now or a wee bit younger:D I use to dress like a street walker my friends said !:rolleyes: I guess we out grow that as we dress more and longer ? I still like to wear short dress when I go to a club:devil:
hugs ,Wendi D

SweetCaroline
06-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Not so much the age for me but the era. I like vintage, Heck I AM VINTAGE.

Michelle

Same here. I love vintage clothing and jewelry. I would simply adore to be able to parade around in full Victorian dress, which is definitely not my age. LOL. Generally I tend to gravitate toward the 50s-80s era, after that, women didn't seem to dress like women to me, so the clothes never interested me.

But since I'm not one to go out in public anyways, I think most of my outfits would look pretty silly beyond my home.:p

Gail Stauffer
06-04-2007, 10:57 PM
I certainly try to although there are some looks tha tmay be a bit older but I can't help it as I've found a style I like and it works so why change things!!

joann07
06-04-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm in my late 30's, but people often mistake me, in male mode, for my mid to late 20's so I try to dress like women in their 20's and 30's.
I live in an area where there's a lot of young professionals, as well as near a major university, so whenever I'm out and about (i.e. restaurants, malls, grocery stores, etc.) I'm always observing what women are wearing where I am.

Taffy
06-04-2007, 11:45 PM

But some of us are little girls, adult little girls that is... Still 10 on the inside...

mandy20
06-05-2007, 01:57 AM
depending on mood, usually like to dress my age, but sometimes yunger or quite older and mature wen in a naughty mood :P

Khriss
06-05-2007, 02:07 AM
... I'm a fan of "period" clothing
while reality tells me I can't dress like I was 19
-neither do I want to dress like I was 69
somewhere in the middle seems to work
..though "kinky" might be ageless eh? :eek::D xx"K"

RobertaFermina
06-05-2007, 02:19 AM
I'm 49 this month.
I dress in both matronly, *and* in vixenwear.....though tarting it up is a recent hobby, I think I'll be at it for many years to come!

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Caroline
06-05-2007, 03:10 AM
Indoors I dress many different ages and styles, some appropriate for my physical age, some not, and often not in an appropriate way for what I'm doing - heavy carpentry in a short skirt and high heels is not ideal!

When going out, I dress in such a way that i will be as unabtrusive as possible in my surroundings, which means I don't go to Walmart in my pink tutu and tiara, lol.

Dixie
06-05-2007, 03:12 AM
I dress how I want, cuz I want to, right wrong or other wise. Must be the man in me that makes me so stubborn.:heehee::drink:

Rita B
06-05-2007, 04:37 AM
If you want to pass in public you have to dress appropriately for your age. I think that part of the idea is to not draw undue attention to ourselves. It's ok to dress a little younger, but you don't want to look like a cheerleader when you're 65.

Rita

Hermione Simpson
06-05-2007, 05:42 AM
i tend to try to dress my age because if i dress too old it doesn't suit me or look right and if i dress too young i look like a teenager (which doesn't sound too bad as i'm 24)

Michelle04240
06-05-2007, 06:17 AM
I still shop a lot in the juniors. I am 36 and look younger so they say. I do love to dress in different looks anyway. A GG friend of mine said I looked great one night..till she looked at my little skirt. She thought it was too short. I liked it. I guess overall I dress my age take or take a few years :D

MsJanessa
06-05-2007, 07:07 AM
well of course I dress My age---29--lol

Shelly Preston
06-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Do you dress your age? :eek:

I dress to look good if I look younger then great :D

If I look older dont tell me ;)

Annemarie
06-05-2007, 08:05 AM
I've been trying to look like a 40 year-old conservatively dressed lady since I was 13 ! LOL
No mini-skirts and skimpy tops for me thankyou !

joselyn318
06-05-2007, 08:16 AM
I am 24, so of course I dress my age. I tend to shop in the juniors department and at other stores like American Eagle, Aeropostale, Abercrombie, NY and Co. The clothes I wear to be on the shorter side which is normal for a 24 year old woman.

JoAnnDallas
06-05-2007, 09:01 AM
I try to dress to be stylish and around my age group. I'm almost 60, so don't go around trying to look like I'm 20. LOL Those that have seen my outfits know the style that I dress in. I do look somewhat younger when I put my wig on, since it has no grey/white hairs in it. Mabey it takes 10-15 years off my appearance.

RuthieER
06-05-2007, 09:04 AM
I am small and slight, and can wear girls' extra-large sizes, so I do most of my shopping in the girls' department. This helps a lot because I am, like Taffy, above, an Adult Little Girl sometimes. I dress a great deal of the time in girl's fashions that are similar to women's fashions, so I can go out and be accepted as an adult crossdresser (or middle-aged woman if I pass), but be dressed as a little girl! I also have plenty of girl's clothes that are very much "little girl" in style as well, but I don't wear these out in public as much. So, do I dress my age? Not really, but I get away with it, and it sure is fun!

Ruthie (my Little Girl persona)
aka Mari (my adult CD persona)

Lovely Rita
06-05-2007, 09:07 AM
I am with you. You will find me in the juniors dept all the time. There clothes are so much fun.:D

Toni Shelton
06-05-2007, 09:15 AM
I definitely dress my age. I do wear longer wigs to hide my neck. I do love the older fashions, and that goes along with who I am. I am a young, older lady.

Wendy me
06-05-2007, 09:17 AM
i dress younger than my age ... the juniors dept is were i do most of my shopping .... i love cute fun clouthes......

Ashleigh
06-05-2007, 11:23 AM
I would like to dress a bit younger but because of my height and bulk, nothing in misses or juniors will fit. Womens sizes only I'm afraid. So, I do dress slightly younger than my age.

Wendy Me - Where's that PIZZA you promised?

A :doll:

Tammietoo
06-05-2007, 11:32 AM
I mostly dress my age, leaning a little towards the conservative, but I have some younger looks, but maybe they aren't younger, just a little more revealing. ;) (well except for my cheerleading uniforms...lol)

Chrysoprase
06-05-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm in my 30's and I dress my age, maybe a little older.

terrilynn
06-05-2007, 11:43 AM
For the most part I try and dress my age, almost 48 now, knee length skirts mostly, conservative tops and blouses, 2" heels usually ( I'm 6'1", so the WNBA look is out). Sometimes though, I like to try the shorter skirts and higher heels ( they do make my legs look gooood, IMO)

cindi cinnamon
06-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Not me! I'm 56 y.o., 6' 4", 230 lbs., and a face that could sink a thousand ships.
But, on the inside, I'm 23 y.o., 5' 4", 105 lbs., petite and cute.
Definetly into "cute". Always have been. Always will be.
I underdress pretty much 24/7, and occaisionally dress up around the house, but never go out dressed enfemme. Don't want to scare the kids and small animals.
My choice of clothes reflect my spirit, not the reality.

jenniferj
06-05-2007, 01:40 PM
In my JJ mode, I like to think I'm in my young 40's - a decade and a half younger than my guy side. And I tend to dress appropriately for an active 40-45 year old single woman....

I have taken Vanna White as my muse (I think she's near 50), and shop mostly from Newport News.

jj

TxKimberly
06-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Yes, I do try and dress as appropriate for my age. :-)

Kim

ArleneRaquel
06-05-2007, 07:20 PM
I am fifty - nine and when I am enfemme ( usually 24/7 ) and out & about I wear mini skirts,short shorts, tank tops, full make - up, including painted toe & fingernails and Red Lipstick. I love to show off my legs and be flirtatious. I think that I look forty when dressed.I could stand to lose weight, but I guess most of us ladies think that we should. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Always a Babe

Sarah Rabbit
06-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Given the style the young girls dress these days:rolleyes:...NO WAY!!

I dress according to my age . Casual but stylish:D

Sarah R. :bunny:

Kenix
06-05-2007, 08:42 PM
I dress younger than my age, probably about 10 years. Enjoying it while I can. :happy:

Seville
06-05-2007, 09:41 PM
I dress like the models in INSTYLE or LUCKY magazines...but being a 20W complicates matters.

Glenda58
06-05-2007, 09:54 PM
What age are you talking about. No I don't as a teenager but I dress in cloths that make me look younger. Women who have kept fit can wear any cloths they want at any age. I have a few short skirts and some short shorts for the summer. I also have 2 bikinis that look good on me. But I also have longer skirts and dresses that I wear to church or movies. So dressing your age has nothing to do have it. But how good you look dressed and what you want to look like.

Glenda58
06-05-2007, 10:11 PM
BTW I'm 60.

Kelsy
06-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Well I know I should but having only being out for a year and a half I've had alot of catching up to do! I have an adolecent streak that needs satisfying!:D
I love mini skirts! I feel that style is a personal thing and even a mini skirt with leggings and the right top and accessories can be carried off in my presenting age which is in the fortys - I'm 52 - It is wise though to dress like other girls your age in order to blend. But it sure is fun to be young!!:happy:

:hugs:Jennifer

Holly
06-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Oh yes... age appropriate. I accessorize with my walker!:eek: But honestly yes I try to dress my age when out in public. But when I'm home or at a special event, anything goes! :shocked:

Kelsy
06-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Oh yes... age appropriate. I accessorize with my walker!:eek:

Is that the jewel and sequined job I saw you sporting Holly??!!
:laughing::rofl: That's funny:heehee:
Jennifer

TxKimberly
06-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Glenda,

You give me hope sis!
Kim

kerrianna
06-05-2007, 11:35 PM
I never really think about it. If I like something and it fits (and I can afford it) I wear it.

I find age appropropriateness in women's and girl's clothing to be uncertain these days. Girls are sold stuff that should only be worn by adult women and adults are sold stuff that screams little girl. So maybe all that is out the window now.

Sally, I LOVE that green and white dress. That's the kind of thing I really like. :hugs:

DianaGomez
06-09-2007, 12:02 AM
physical age (47) - definitely NOT!
the age i feel (20-something) - YES: short skirt, tight top, big chunky boots, and fishnets if i'm pubbing or clubbing!
Thats just how I feel! Im 41, feel 20, and dress accordingly. Really tight stretch jeans or mini skirt etc etc. I'm luvin it!!!

Sheri 4242
06-09-2007, 04:08 AM
I am with you. You will find me in the juniors dept all the time. There clothes are so much fun

Rita: I agree that Junior Department clothing is exciting and a whole lot of fun!!! I have tended to shop almost exclusively in the Juniors Department and have to admit that I am extremely fond of miniskirts!!! [[[ I lost a lot of weight many years ago, and have kept it off. My motivation was (a.) health (and family health history), and (b.) ability to wear the clothing that I love (the miniskirts, etc.). Sometimes I wear MMFMP shoes, sometimes I'll just wear maryjanes (as long as they are stylish and look really good). I'm early fifty-something, but love to dress as if I was a college coed of 18-24.]]]

Now, all that said, I have to make two comments.

First, I think some (many?) of us that dress in ways that aren't exactly age-appropriate, may do so b/c we are stuck in a time-warp sort of thing. IOW, we dress like we do b/c, in many cases, we weren't able to dress (much, or as often as we would have liked) when we were that age. So, now we are dressing in styles that express how we feel and what we liked, even if not necessarily representative of our age. (It's the old, "but I don't want to grow up syndrome" with many of us -- otfl!)

Second, at least in my situation, I have a supportive, accepting, and encouraging wife. She has been strongly influencing me to think "age-appropriate" in my femme attire! She has shown me that I can still find cute outfits -- even some from the Jr's Dept -- that don't, as she puts it, make me look like either, "an elegant hooker -- but hooker nonetheless" or a "teeny-booper."

So, maybe I am changing!???!!! Our recent wedding ceremony in Vegas showed me that, with a great deal of attention to "excellence in make-up," I can look younger (I think and have been told that I look younger than my actual age). That said, I guess my wife is right -- I look better (and don't draw near the attention that possibly could cause undue attention) if I dress in more age-appropriate ways.

tanya3
06-09-2007, 06:08 AM
i get all of my clothes from the jr. section . i like the styles better . i am 50 but don't look . my wife says i have nice shape so why not show it ? i like to wear short shorts and short skirts , also love the low rise jeans .so i guess i really don't dress my age . but then again age to me is a number not how i feel . besides i'm having fun!!!!

Tamera
06-09-2007, 06:27 AM
No!!! I do not dress my age. I am 50. Just look at my avatar.
LOL
Tamera

Lanore
06-09-2007, 08:08 AM
As the years go by, I find myself wearing what's comfortable. I'm 24/7 and have never tried to back up my age by wearing something I wore when I was 20. However, I've always worn shorts and probably will for ever. I don't wear a lot of make-up, but when I do it does tend to make me look a bit younger. I don't want to look any other way than when I first wake up and look in the mirror. I like how I've aged and with all of the changes that have taken place over the years, I would not change a thing.

Lanore

christina marie
06-09-2007, 08:46 AM
36 going on 16! i refuse to age gracefully, and will fight it every step of the way.

SherriePall
06-09-2007, 09:54 AM
What GG dresses her age? Years ago I remember the older women (the grandmas) would wear long black dresses and heavy black sweaters and sit on a rocker in the kitchen all day.
I look back now and wonder how old they really were. Most likely younger than I am now.
So, if you don't dress your age, don't worry. Everyone wants to look and feel younger. However, make sure you don't look over the top. There are limits to how everyone should dress. Just make sure you know yours.

Jenni
06-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Do I dress my age? Never!!:devil:

I'm now fortysomething, but due to my small body size I can still fit into junior girls apparel. I'm a sissy at heart, and love the girly lace, pastel colors and floral patterns. Still really enjoy shopping at Limited Too or JC Penney for the cute stuff.

I have an American Girl Samantha nightie with bloomers that I wear to bed, and have even worn Barbie undies on occasion.

As for kooky fetish sites, I don't go there, nor do I have any desire to molest children. Frankly, I really felt offended at that posting offered up by another so-called tolerant, and supposedly educated member of this forum.

Call it what you will, but we're all girls deep down inside. Some of us just never grew up:tongueout

jenni

carolinewalker_2000
06-09-2007, 04:45 PM
What is "your correct age"? As long as you don't look rediculous, dress in a manner appropriate to where you are and the mood you are in. (Something that suits you and also fits is an added bonus!!!!!)

Alex!
06-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Yes - I definitely dress my age. Dressing one's age is essential if one wants to at least try to pass as female and essentially blend in.

Rita B
06-09-2007, 05:36 PM
I have not had the opportunity to go out dressed in many years but in my wild and wonderful days, I loved shopping. One thing I learned very quickly is that people treat you different by the cut of your clothes. If you wore classy, expensive clothes you would get more attention and respect that if you wore a pair of jeans and sneakers. Also, I loved the upscale stores and always got treated very well. It's quite possible that they laughed behind my back after I left, I don't know, nor do I care,but they were always happy to take my money:D

Rita

parris james
06-09-2007, 05:50 PM
:eek: I dress like a s##' but I'm a piratess at heart, and no longer care what others think :devil::D

Priscilla Ann
06-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Nope, I don't dress my age. I dress all my ages.

AmberCdCutie
06-09-2007, 11:39 PM
i think i dress my age for the most part, but then again i'm pretty dang young. no matter what i wear it seems pretty reasonable i think.

Kristen Kelly
06-10-2007, 06:08 AM
I have been told I dress the age I act; I’m a teenager at heart. I am proud of my age, at 50 I look very good, full head of my own long brown highlighted hair, and still have good skin, better than my younger days for I now take better care of it. I have dropped 35 lbs. over the last year and feel that helps me wear what I feel like. Like many of you girls have said I dress to where I am going and how I feel at the time. If I go clubbing I might wear a mini skirt, but out to the mall or grocery store it would be jeans or shorts and a nice top and sneakers or flats, I have gotten past the stage of dressing that screams, “Hey look at ME.” I love seeing older GG’s that don’t look or dress their age, but how they feel nothing wrong with it.
The art of being a woman, is creating an image or illusion, if it were not there would be no makeup. :belly:

Raychel
06-10-2007, 07:04 AM
I definitly dress my age. long sleeve dresses and full length gowns only for me. I have way to much hair on my body to dress any other way. :sad:

suzi_cd
06-10-2007, 07:13 AM
Thats just how I feel! Im 41, feel 20, and dress accordingly. Really tight stretch jeans or mini skirt etc etc. I'm luvin it!!!

I'm with you, and Gulliver, on that Diana.

41 - dressing much younger: short tight skirts, fishnets, tight tops.... yummmmmmmmm :D:D

suzi

xxx

Krystenw
06-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Most of the things I have make me look like an older lady, after all I am 58.
But one of my wifes friends that knows all about me gave me a box of her old skirts and things for me the other day. She invited us to dinner this evening and since it was in the upper 80's, my wife thought it would be ok to wear a lightweight skirt and short sleeved top to her place. After all she had given me a whole box of things and my wife didn't want to hurt her feeling by not wearing one of her outfits.
Her friend was amazed when I came to the door. She was at my place when I tried on her stuff to see if it fit, but I guess she had never seen me with my makeup on before. But as I mentioned before, I gererally go for the little old lady look.

black leotards
06-13-2007, 05:41 PM
:happy: Depends on whether you're talking real age or my imaginary age! Sometimes you've just got to be a little schoolgirl! :heehee:

Billie Jean
06-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Most of the time I dress age appropriate. Billie Jean

Lovely Rita
06-14-2007, 12:15 PM
I don't cause I don't like house dresses...........lol

RuthieER
06-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Do I dress my age? Never!!:devil:

I'm now fortysomething, but due to my small body size I can still fit into junior girls apparel. I'm a sissy at heart, and love the girly lace, pastel colors and floral patterns. Still really enjoy shopping at Limited Too or JC Penney for the cute stuff.

I have an American Girl Samantha nightie with bloomers that I wear to bed, and have even worn Barbie undies on occasion.

As for kooky fetish sites, I don't go there, nor do I have any desire to molest children. Frankly, I really felt offended at that posting offered up by another so-called tolerant, and supposedly educated member of this forum.

Call it what you will, but we're all girls deep down inside. Some of us just never grew up:tongueout

jenni

Oh, Jenni, I have a Samantha nightgown with bloomers, too, and two sets of Barbi undies! I also have three other Samantha dresses; her day dress (the "Meet Samantha" dress), the cranberry Christmas dress, and her sailor suit middy-blouse outfit. I don't shop in Ltd Too too much, it's rather expensive. I wait a season for the outfits to start showing up at the second-hand stores! But I always try to get to the end-of-season sales in the girl's department at J. C. Penny's!

Here I am in with Samantha, in matching dresses. Definitely *not* dressing my biological age!

Ruthie

flatlander_48
06-14-2007, 08:41 PM

No, I never dressed my age. My age would look the same whether I dressed it or not...

steppingout
06-14-2007, 08:41 PM
It all depends on how I feel on the day - no way I'm passable in a mini skirt, but sometimes that's all I want to wear!

marie354
06-14-2007, 08:52 PM
When I was younger, I liked the "hot" look, maybe even a bit ****ty looking.
As I've aged though, I find that I'm buying things that look better for a woman my age. I really can't do the hot pants or mini-skirt any more. I never could wear belly shirts or bikini's because of scars when I had my appendix removed. (It was on the wrong side and they wanted to remove my spleen at first.)

Now it's mostly slacks and knee length skirts and dresses. I still like red a lot though, but that's about as hot as I get anymore.
:hugs:

Eugenie
06-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Well I try my best at dressing in a style corresponding to my age, my body featuyres and the circumstances in which I will find myself.

As far as finding dresses or skirts in the "junior" department, forget it with my size, no way I could find them, especially in France... It is already difficult here to find dresses and skirts in size "large" that don't look like my mother was dressing 40 years ago, so think finding junior in the same size...

:hugs:
Eugenie

elnkay
06-16-2007, 06:33 PM
That's a hard one for me to answer....I have styles that I like and when the mode strikes the style dictates my age! though the minmum is somewhere past "29".......hehehe!

gmss
06-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Yes, I do try and dress as appropriate for my age. :-)

Kim

which is, what, 20? :thumbsup:

I like to dress younger too. As young as possible, stopping just short of "****ty".

Which for me is 30ish. (I'm mid 40s but look 35 - 40.)

:drink:

Billie1
06-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Sure do. The tarty middle-age tramp I am.:tongueout

ArleneRaquel
06-16-2007, 09:03 PM
If I " dressed " my age, I would be wearing a shroud. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Sexy & Modest Senior

immike
06-17-2007, 09:03 AM
I'm in my late 30's, but people often mistake me, in male mode, for my mid to late 20's so I try to dress like women in their 20's and 30's.
I live in an area where there's a lot of young professionals, as well as near a major university, so whenever I'm out and about (i.e. restaurants, malls, grocery stores, etc.) I'm always observing what women are wearing where I am.
I genuinely favor silky smooth pantyhose,short mini skirts,silk blouses&black
heels

Mitch23
06-17-2007, 12:13 PM
absolutely not and unapologetic! I'm going out with miniskirt over leggings tomorrow - I get all my fashion ideas from 19 year olds! And have you seen my tight little red rubber minidress!!

Mitch

gmss
06-17-2007, 12:55 PM
absolutely not and unapologetic! I'm going out with miniskirt over leggings tomorrow - I get all my fashion ideas from 19 year olds! And have you seen my tight little red rubber minidress!!

Mitch

That sounds like an opportunity to show us!

Which reminds me... not trying to steal the thread or anything, but I've seen few to no images posted to threads. Is that because people just don't want to post images, or because it's against the rules?

Do I need to reread the forum rules? Just curious...

Billiemarie
06-18-2007, 09:50 AM
I tend to dress my age Ronna. Skirts to my knees with blouses and dresses. I'm in my sixties and can manage to look like in my forties or fifties but that's it. I hate heels for any lenght of time so I go with 1 to 2" heels. I still browse the junior section and "wish" I were younger, and "thinner" !!!

I too am in my mid sixties and feel much better and think I look much better in a busniss suit and low heels, shorter hair style. Conservative makeup. You can't make a 65 year old body and face look 30 no matter how much make up you use.
Although my wife says there is an answer to the problem. A little tuck here and there From your favorate plastic surgen. You don't live in a house for 65 years without doing a little redecorating and remodeling every once in a while.
:yrtw:

Mitch23
06-18-2007, 10:10 AM
That sounds like an opportunity to show us!

Which reminds me... not trying to steal the thread or anything, but I've seen few to no images posted to threads. Is that because people just don't want to post images, or because it's against the rules?

Do I need to reread the forum rules? Just curious...

Look under 'two new outfits' and 'french maids' in the clothing section!

Mitch

ronna
06-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Okay, Sherry, since you asked, and since I started it, I thought it only fair to show you what I mean. All my clothes are Juniors' fashions, and I'm no spring chicken!

Mitch23
06-18-2007, 11:04 AM
great pic - very good outfit, nicely coordinated - hair, top, pearls, skirt, bag and shoes all right on!

Since we're on the subject, this is my going out gear for today

Mitch

chris80
06-18-2007, 11:09 AM
I dress my age to keep it well covered up . That way I can dress whatever age I want to.

Pat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
06-18-2007, 05:17 PM
I am 33, I never be out in public. Around the house I tend to dress young. Short skirts, low cut tops and a blond wig, with light make up.

Pat

My e-bay store

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZjaeQ5fdee

katie_n
06-18-2007, 06:01 PM
I only dress at home and I don't care about passing atm so I dress like the 16-18 year olds do.

And I'm still young I can get away with wearing leggings if i'm over 25 can't I :).

gmss
06-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Hey ronna, Mitch - thanks for posting the pics! Lookin' good! :thumbsup:

Nice! Ok I guess I haven't been reading the other fashion threads enough.

One day, I will present as attractive, and when I do, I'll post a good pic.

Got a ways to go though, so for now, I'll be keeping my outside on the down low, and simply post my insides to the forum.

:)

Have a great day! :drink:

Cherylann
06-18-2007, 11:03 PM
When I dress en femme I do it because I want to feel feminine. As late 60's girl I don't want to dress like an old lady! I like frilly, nylon dresses with above the knee hemlines to show off my pretty legs!

And garterbelts istead of pantyhose, with long thigh high stockings to show off my pretty, strappy four inch heels!

Of course I don't venture out because I woul be read right away but I do enjoy dressing for my own pleasure.

Colleentg
06-19-2007, 04:01 PM
I don't :D But then I don't try to bring too much attention to myself either. I'm a very casual dresser, but I like to wear younger fashions like jeans, shorts and comfy shoes.

SANDRA MICHELLE
06-19-2007, 04:13 PM
I am also trying to dress like a woman so why can't I dress like a younger woman. Most of the time I dress conservatively but I do like short skirts and high high heels for my shopping visits to the mall. I get to see a lot of differant styles at the mall so who are we to judge what is appropriate for age

angelfire
06-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Well, I'm 20 and I like to dress somewhere between 18 and 20, or I guess "19" :p

But then, I am not out, so I onl do this for my own enjoyment, so no worry about passing means I can wear whatever I want.

serinalynn
06-19-2007, 04:55 PM
No I don't, I like to dress younger but not by a lot