PDA

View Full Version : Just got laughed at....

Pantyjason
06-04-2007, 08:43 PM
On out of town trip and figured, what better idea than to go shop for some panties. We'll, its been a while and I got back into the "mode" fast and thought....hey, I should try on a bra. We'll I go into Macy's and there are a few girls and a guy...not a CD..hehe...so i figured, what the heck. Start heading for the sale rack. Bingo...some really cute bikini that had a great feel and were pink yay with lace trim. Even better they were 1/2 off. Then I started looking for a bra. Never shopped for on and I was clueless. I found some really cute ones that I thought would do the trick. So here I am, 6'3 190 pounds and walking around the lingerie section like one of the girls. I thought I should first ask if I could use the dressing room first. So there was a older (50's) lady at the counter. I ask her in a nice way....I said ma'am, i have a really embarrassing question for you. She smiled and said what? I said, Can I try these on in that fitting room pointing to the one in the lingerie section. She said "what"? I said, should I try these on in that fitting room or should I go the the mens....She then said, we'll, is your gf or wife in that one? I said no, these are for me to try on. Didn't go over to well..she said "NO! You can't use that room for you. You need to find a mens dressing room. As I turned around...three girls were in line behind me and started to giggle. I grabbed my bras and left so humble. I looked back and this really cute girl was talking to this other chick and was laughing and pointing towards me while telling her friend what happened. I didn't try the bras on to say the least. Sad times

Jason

uknowhoo
06-04-2007, 08:48 PM
:hugs: Awww, I'm sorry it didn't go so well, this time. :hugs:

I think some stores have their employees better trained than others. I've read on here where some stores have strict guidelines for their employees to be accomodating to requests such as yours. It also (obviously) depends on the individual SA. I would guess that, generally, we might have better luck with an SA in her 20's or30's (a generational thingy).

Oh well, shake it off. Your next attempt will most likely go better.

Good luck, and take care.

xoxo

Tammi

O2B Barbara
06-04-2007, 08:52 PM
If you look back in a couple of months you will probably be laughing along with the girls. I think most of us has had at least one bad moment shopping.
Don't let it bother you much.

sandra-leigh
06-04-2007, 09:34 PM
I would guess that, generally, we might have better luck with an SA in her 20's or30's (a generational thingy).

I haven't had very many bad reactions, but some reactions were better than others. Some of the best have been from SAs whom I would have to estimate were over 55. I think the SAs at that age tend to be long-timers, mature professional sales staff who have dealt with all kinds of people and very likely have dealt with crossdressers before.

I have seen a fair number of teens and early-20s SAs who really didn't give a care who was trying on what, and are happy to show me to a change room -- but at the same time, at that age range, I often don't get -service- from them, they just act as cashiers. At that age, to a lot of SAs, it's "just a job", it seems.

Kim_Bitzflick
06-04-2007, 09:46 PM
I have been on two shopping trips for bras while in drab in the last two months. Both times I tried on bras in the women's dressing rooms. The first was at Victoria's Secret. The girl who helped me was about 25 and her associate was about 30. They were VERY accomodating, helping me pick out several to try. At one point I asked about the design on one that had the lepard print on the inside and the SA said "it's just Victoria's secret." They had fun with me but did not make fun of me.

The second trip, I was in Dillard's (I think). I picked a couple bras to try and went to ask where I could try them on. When I asked the SA, she did giggle and told me where I could try them on. While I was trying them, she inquired how they fit, and was very nice afterward.

So I guess it just depends on the SA. But I guarantee, I will go back to Victoria's Secret without hesitation.

Lovely Rita
06-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Don't let it get you down. I salute you for your bravery and admire you very much.

Rachel Morley
06-04-2007, 10:39 PM
I've never (yet) asked a SA if I can try on lingerie at a store when in boy mode, but I do agree with ShuShu don't say "embarrassing" as that suggests you are already somewhat of a victim. Don't say anything that makes it seem anything out of the ordinary. I think I would have said, "can you please direct me to the fitting room that would be appropriate for ME to try these on". However, this is easy for me to say, I wasn't there and this is in hindsight. Better luck next time. Don't let this little bump in the road make you deviate from your final destination.

Hugs
Rachel

Emma England
06-05-2007, 05:51 AM
The hardest thing to do is to have an attitude of don't let them knock you down.

Joy Carter
06-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Just be direct next time. "Where Can I Try These On ?" They may just tell you where to try things on. Without having to think bout it while you him and haw asking the way you did.
I do want to say it gets easyier the next time.

MsJanessa
06-05-2007, 07:05 AM
lots of stores are cd friendly---try VS, or the Dress Barn

Emily Ann Brown
06-05-2007, 07:14 AM
You get 5 stars from me for effort and honesty. Saleslady gets an F for losing a sale !

Emily Ann

Shelly Preston
06-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience

I would be tempted to email the store saying how you felt badly treated by the SA and that either the store policy or the training is at fault

Or maybe they dont want your money

Try it to see if you get a response :)

Chelseaswpa
06-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Hey screw 'em for their lack of professionalism, I mean i am sure that may not be an everyday occurence, but at least act like you have some manners! Hey I don't have the guts to try anything on tho (although i love to shop) I admire your courage GF!

Caroline
06-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Sorry you had such a bad time, but as has been said above, you helped set the scene by referring to your situation as 'embarrassing'. In future, just behave as if its the most natural thing in the world for a guy to try on a bra and just sail into the changing room as if you have every right to do so - as indeed you have, unless they have an open changing room where everyone is in full view of each other. Most important advice though is don't give up! As for other shoppers laughing at you, so what. Just smile back at them, perhaps even wink at them, but don't be cowed by them.

marie354
06-05-2007, 12:39 PM
I E-Mailed Cato once about how I was treated and they sent me a $10 off coupon in the mail with a note saying that they were sorry and all stores had been sent a memo on the treatment of customers.

Maybe you should do the same thing with Macy's.
:hugs:

MJ
06-05-2007, 01:46 PM
aww too bad you did good next time try a younger sa the old timers give me a hard time but not any more

Girly Sara
06-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Jason,

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, hun. However, don't let this put you off as there's a lot of fun to have out there! As others have stated, leave out the "embarrassing" statement and you will be ok.

Good luck!

Sara xx

Lisa Marie
06-05-2007, 05:20 PM
I mostly buy from catalogs and order from my P.O. Box. Dont get any laughs from that at all. Jason maybe you should get yourself a P.O. Box also like me.

Rita B
06-05-2007, 05:25 PM
SA sounds like she could have been my ex mother-in-law!:D

Rita

kerrianna
06-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Good for you for being so brave! :hugs:

It does show a valuable lesson about how we shape our mindset. The other girls are right in approaching it with more confidence next time, and I like Rachel's suggestion on how to phrase it.

As for the young girls...:rasp:

Don't forget that people together often act crueler than they would as individuals, in an effort to impress each other. For all you know one or all of those girls might have been a lot more interested than they would ever let on.

And if you're gonna put yourself out there these things will happen once in awhile. I hope it doesn't deter you. It's not like you ever have to see any of these people again. Just remember that what you are doing is NOT wrong. If women can shop in our section then we can shop in theirs. :tongueout

Hope you have a better time next time. :hugs: