PDA

View Full Version : feeling uncomfortable

brenya
06-04-2007, 09:26 PM
I love my sister very much, and I'm really close to her, she has known about me for a little while now, and is very accepting, but, I get uncomfortable whenever we talk about anything cd or tg related, plus I'd really like to get her to take a couple of pictures of me before she leaves so I can post something high quality, but the thought of being dressed in front of her makes me squirm, I really need to get over this, I will be living with her in a couple months, I guess I just am so used to hiding this side of myself, it's hard to let it show, any advice for getting over these heebie jeebies?

Lovely Rita
06-04-2007, 09:32 PM
I went through the same thing with my SO. She was very helpful in that she let me put on my makeup and get ready for my grand entrance, and it was very uncomfortable for me, but she was so good and encouraging about it. With time my comfort level has just gotten better and better. We even go out together. It was gradual and it was more of an adjustment for me than anything else. Now I don't care if she sees me slipping on hosiery and clothes or even watch me apply makeup. It was a process and I understand fully how you feel. Hope this has been helpful.

brenya
06-04-2007, 10:13 PM
thanks, I understand but it should be different, a sister is very different from an SO, there isnt anything at stake, she will love me no matter what, if I can't even be comfortable in front of my own sister, how am I ever going to go out and meet anyone?

Lovely Rita
06-04-2007, 10:18 PM
thanks, I understand but it should be different, a sister is very different from an SO, there isnt anything at stake, she will love me no matter what, if I can't even be comfortable in front of my own sister, how am I ever going to go out and meet anyone?

SO or Sister or friend, there is one thing to get used to. There is another person watching and I guess that is the one common thing we all have to go through. It is more our problem than theirs.:happy:

brenya
06-04-2007, 11:05 PM
yeah I guess I just got to give it time

Virginia
06-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Daisy,
Sharing your "gift" with family is very different from sharing with an SO, I can assure you. You mentioned that you would be moving in with your sister in the future. All I can tell you is if you are under her roof she sets the rules and you best know what her rules are before you move in as you may be in for a rude awakening. You say she "knows about you" but evidently never has met Daisy, so she does not know "all" about you and being that she is a "gg" it is sometimes difficult for them to get their minds around who/what we are, so the two of you best come to some kind of understanding before you and Daisy move in!
Virginia

AllieSF
06-05-2007, 01:21 AM
I think we all go through this feeling one time or another. Maybe you could slowly introduce her to your complete dressing by starting out slowly and incrementally. Try girls pants/jeans and a blouse with no bra nor breast forms, or a denim skirt, flats and a T-Shirt. That way she can see how you look without being totally shocked by a complete transformation if you were all dressed up with makeup. Good luck and you are lucky to have an understanding sister. By all means talk to her about what you do, why and ask for her comments and questions. Communication will really bring down the barriers, if any exist.