PDA

View Full Version : Ernest Hemmingway's son

JenniferR771
06-05-2007, 06:38 AM
I listened to a show on public radio on June 4. Ernest Hemmingway's grandson, was promoting a book he had written. Hemmingway has a very macho image, but explored the concept of transgender at times. He discussed how Hemmingway's son Greg was a crossdresser and eventually a TS. I will look for a link to the book, and maybe a podcast of the program.

JenniferR771
06-05-2007, 06:49 AM
The book is called "Strange Tribe", by John Hemingway. Here is the link to the Diane Ream show which featured the interview, about a half hour. You can probably download the whole show.
http://www.wamu.org/programs/dr/07/06/04.php#13211

NatalieH
06-05-2007, 10:21 AM
I listened to a show on public radio on June 4. Ernest Hemmingway's grandson, was promoting a book he had written.

Hi, Jennifer, I'm curious what you thought of the program...(it was on the Diane Rehm show, btw). The way the grandson talked about the CD/TS aspects of his father made me feel uncomfortable, seemed to me those episodes were referred to out of any overall context, and just played up for the "weirdness" factor. Also, the way he mentioned the TS part as a kinda throw-away line, when we know there's so much more, made me feel he didn't do the topic the justice it deserves. Maybe I just expect too much....and, I was listening while working, so may have missed some subtleties....

Natalie

Lourie James
06-05-2007, 10:37 AM
I had read, that as a child Ernest Hemmingway was dress as a girl by his mother. Dose anyone know anything about this?

SarahLynn
06-05-2007, 12:24 PM
I had read, that as a child Ernest Hemmingway was dress as a girl by his mother. Dose anyone know anything about this?

Not so unusual for that time in history. Gen Patton was dressed as a girl during his formative years, as were many other "leaders" of our country.

SarahLynn

Emily Ann Brown
06-05-2007, 01:26 PM
The item that caught my eye was that son Gregory (aka Gloria) died of natural causes in the Dade County Womens correctional facility.

Emily Ann