PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance of Significant Others

Sedona
06-05-2007, 06:39 AM
Hi all,

Just curious about trends in acceptance among significant others. The rules of this poll are: Only refer to your most recent relationship (of any length of time) with a significant other, in which your CDing was known by her. It might be the relationship you're in now, or one you used to be in. Please don't create some sort of average of all your relationships.

And, for the sake of the poll, don't include a relationship in which you'd had a significant history before starting to date.

And, please only vote if you're a male CDer, and that most recent relationship was/is with a female.

Cool? Cool.

rose382832
06-05-2007, 06:51 AM
i have been married for 18 years and my wife is the one who bought most of my wardrobe when my therapist sugested that as a way to diffuse my anger and aggression that i get in touch with my female side. since then life is in the pink( most of the time at least, some times baby blue, sometimes...)she is my bigest fan and my life. without her help i would not exist, it would be only him and he is going down hill fast.

Marla S
06-05-2007, 07:24 AM
I voted 2weeks after, broke up because of it.

But that's not quite matching.

I told her very early, but it was more of steady process than one big outing.
I didn't know too well how to value my CDing myself these days.

Cding has not been the direct cause of our breakup, but the keep-it-secret thing and the one or other statement by her definitvely was a major cause for my inner emigration, mistrust and self-abandonment.
Of course this had consequences for the relationship and made her a hard life with me too (sorry).

Giving us one another emotionally hard times has been the final cause of the breakup, but not the CDing as such.