PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate in acceptance!!!

Sheri 4242
06-05-2007, 07:41 AM
Today in Las Vegas I experienced what has to be the ultimate in acceptance -- mainly from my wife, but also from some others! (Actually it was yesterday -- it is now 5:00 AM, and while I should be asleep, I'm on such a natural high, I haven't been able to go to sleep.)

Anyway, at 7:00 PM yesterday evening, I walked down the aisle in a beautiful wedding dress, and my wife and I "got married." (Actually, it was technically a renewal of our vows since we are already married -- that said, this ceremony was done using my femme name, so the ceremony had a very special meaning in that it was my feminine personna marrying my wonderful wife.)

I had anticipated it would be an extra special life event, but it has far exceeded my wildest dreams!!!

More important, there are some deep and significant issues subtending "our wedding" that speaks to so many of us on here, including some SO's who might be struggling with CD issues!!!

The chapel sent a limo for us early -- they have a package where they take you to a special spa-like room next o their chapel for you to get ready. A professional make-up artist and hair stylest was awaiting me there. Now I've done my make-up before -- my wife has even helped do my make-up before. But, what this person did for me was nothing short of incredible!!! (My wife took one look at my make-up and said she wished she had gotten a make-up package, too, b/c she had never seen such a magnificent transformtion! The make-up artist spent an entie hour just on my eyes -- and wow did they ever look great!)

I'll tell you, I have always known how blessed I am to have such an accepting and supportive wife, but this event marked a special point and level neither of us anticipated. How do I know? Well, for a while now, my wife has had a "funny bone in overdrive" attitude about this ceremony. While it WAS her idea we do this while on a Las Vegas trip, she thought it somewhat funny that I wanted to be a bride. She even said she hoped it wouldn't hurt my feelings if she expressed a few chuckles.

Guess what? There were ABSOLUTELY NO chuckles!!! She did shed some tears -- tears she described as being of joy and happiness -- tears that came deep from within her soul. She said she realized two things. First, here was her soulmate fulfilling a life-long dream -- and how important that was to me, and to our corporate self. Second, here was her soulmate pledging his "other self" to her in every way, til death do we part!!!

Louise and Carin: I do so wish we could have worked it out to have done your ceremony and our's together with one couple standing up for the other and vice-versa. I know your ceremony in a few weeks will be as wonderful as ours!!!

To the forum: may we all know this type of freedom and commitment -- and love!!!

The chapel staff couldn't have been more accepting, either!!! Sure, they were being paid, but you can often tell when people are being sincere or not. These people were sincere -- and supportive, and detailed-oriented in making "our day" as special as for any other couple!!! We need society to start accepting us like these wonderful people accepted me and my wife. They worked hard to make our ceremony all that we wanted it to be -- all that we could ever have dreamed it could be!!!!!!!

Well, maybe I can finally get some sleep. Guess I needed to share all this with the forum!!!

Okay -- one more thing I know that some of you will be asking: Yes there was a photographer there and plenty of pictures were taken. And, yes, once we get the proofs back, etc., I will post some. (You know, my wife was so taken with the make-up that she asked to take some photos of her own when we got back to our hotel. She still can't get over the wonderful transformation the make-up artist did on me!!!)

Franki Kate
06-05-2007, 07:58 AM
Thank you for sharing such a wonder experience. We should all be so fortunate.

Dana921
06-05-2007, 08:22 AM
What a great story! I am very happy for both of you!

:hugs:
Dana

KarenMichelleLuv
06-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Barbara,

What a wonderful Wedding story. You have experienced what so many of us only dream about. Best Wishes Always to you and your wife.

Amanda Shaft
06-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Hi, just like to congratulate you both, it sounds like you had a fantastic time. Have the very best for the future. Amanda x

marie354
06-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Wow! What a fantastic ceremony it must have been. I can't wait for you to show us the pictures. It's always a special thing to and renew your vows, but after reading your thread, you all did it in such a meaningful way that was a joy to read about.

:hugs:

Lourie James
06-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Congratulation to you both. Sounds like you Remarried the most wounderful girl.

Dixie
06-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Congratulations to both of you!

Ashleigh
06-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Congratulations - or might I say "Best Wishes" in yours and your wifes case.

(Congrats are for the groom and best wishes are for the bride)

A :doll:

Bobbi Lynn
06-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Best Wishes!! Congratulations!

Bonnie D
06-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Congratulations to the both of you!

I'm curious to know what your SO was wearing?

Bonnie

Alice B
06-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Beautiful story. Brought a tear to my eyes. You are a very, very lucky person.:love:

Sheri 4242
06-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Thank you to eveyone!!! I'm still on "cloud nine," despite the lack of sleep!!!

Congratulations to the both of you! I'm curious to know what your SO was wearing? Bonnie

She debated a long time -- and changed her mind a few times along the way. The minister at the chapel said she had done a couple a year or so ago where both had gone to David's Bridal and gotten matching wedding gowns. So, that was a consideration. Anyway, she did a mental toss of the coin and finally settled on an elegant black evening gown. She looked fantastic!!! We had matching red rose bouquets.

Lovely Rita
06-05-2007, 02:39 PM
All I can say is "Wow!" how wonderful. I am so happy for you. You just lived one of my dreams. Thanks for sharing.

SherriePall
06-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Let me add my congratulations to the two of you. Sounds like a really wonderful time. Good luck.

MJ
06-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Congratulation to you both. what a wonderful story , i will love to see the pictures ... ahhh will it ever be my turn :hugs:

Michelle04240
06-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Wow. I would love to do that! Congrats, I'll be looking forward to the pics.

Margie
06-05-2007, 06:56 PM
I think that was so so awesome Barbara! I'm so glad for you. We all can only wish we could experience something as beautiful as what you experience. I too have a very understanding wife and it means so much to me. I love her to pieces

OldMom
06-05-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm so happy for you. That is such a beautiful story! Thank you for sharing it. I pray that you both experience many joyous moments together xo OldMom

Holly
06-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Barbara, I'm very happy for you and your wife. That wa a truly wonderful account. You and your wife have a very special relationship. I've been a bridesmaid twice now in Las Vegas weddings but my wife and I are talking about renewig our vows for our 40th anniversay (about a year and a half). Would you mind naming the chapel and the makeup artist?

robyn1114
06-05-2007, 09:34 PM
congrats

Seville
06-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Congratulations to the both of you!

I'm curious to know what your SO was wearing?

Bonnie

Me Too!!!

wtb Jessica
06-05-2007, 11:00 PM
You see now this is the kinda thing i was talking about in my thread called Wedding Question for all us ladies. I put a link at the bottom. It just seem like a dream come true for some when i hear these kinda things. though it was nice of you to share with us thanks.
:love: Jessica

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59234

Rachel Morley
06-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Wow! Fantastic! Love IS the best emotion in the world! :happy: I can only imagine what it must have been like to be a real bride marrying your true soul mate and life partner ..... I've only ever been a pretend bride. However, my real wedding day was, without question, the very best day in my life (so far).

DawnL
06-05-2007, 11:28 PM
What a beautiful and touching story. Thank you for sharing your happiness with us.

Chantelle CD
06-06-2007, 04:00 AM
Thank you for sharing your incredible day!! congrats to you both.
Looking forward to seeing the beautiful pics of such a joyous and wonderful time

Khriss
06-06-2007, 04:05 AM
... My dreams fullfilled ... Best Wishes Possible !!! xx"K"

Suzie S.
06-06-2007, 05:21 AM
Barbara, I'm very happy for both of you!!! A big congratulations!!!!!!! :Party2:

Sheri 4242
06-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Thanks everybody!!! We're still on "cloud nine," as the saying goes!!! We DO have a video (well DVD) of the ceremony. The proofs are to be mailed to us, so maybe they will be in the mailbox when we get home, or soon thereafter.

As for some of your questions: for those who asked what my wife wore, see my second post (above). I don't recall the make-up artists' name, but will find out. (We can't say enough good things about how talented he was!!!!) The chapel was Viva Las Vegas Weddings. In addition to traditional services, they do many theme-type weddings, from Elvis, to James Bond, to Rocky Horror. We choose the traditional, which, IMO, was the more sweet, sentimental, and serious service. It is definitely what a "June Bride" wants -- and, as my wife says, going with that type of service made it serious and not some sort of joke. While we already had our regular wedding rings, we exchanged a new set of rings my wife found -- matching of course. They are feminine rings, but border on unisex so I can wear mine any time.

The minister was real -- I think non-denoinational, or maybe Unitarian. I'm not sure, but she was very sweet and told my wife she had done a number of CD weddings over the years and was always impressed when their was apparent acceptance!!! (Since we were technically just "renewing" vows, we didn't need a license, or even a real minister, but she was.) She had no problem using my femme name, and, in fact, brought the subject up about using it before we mentioned it -- and the chapel even put a conratulatory message on their outdoor marquis with my femme name -- and they took our picture under it.

If anybody has any other questions, feel free to ask!!! We'd love to be able to help any couple achieve this type of life-event!!!!!!! It IS SO VERY SPECIAL!!!!!!! Even when you have an accepting wife, we have found that this type of special event makes things deeper and more meaningful between you both -- incredibly so!!!!!!! We hadn't expected how deeply our emotions would run -- oh we knew it would be special going into it, but after all is behind us, we absolutely have an incredibly deeper sense of our corporate self and all the components that make it vibrant!!!!!!!

Stephanie Clarke
06-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Congratulations to the two of you.. You are the envy of the community.

racquel
06-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Best wishes to you both.What an incredible story.You can imagine how much I long for just such a service.Looking forward to the pictures.Thanks again.:love:

gmss
06-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Barbara4242: Congrats! What a wonderful story and I am so happy that you had such a fabulous experience!!
:)