PDA

View Full Version : Moody B****es!

marie354
06-05-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm usually an easy going type of a person, but on some days it seems that everyone that you run into has some kind of an attitude problem. Not just the girls, who have their share of moodiness, (depending on what time of the month it is sometimes), but guys also seem to go through the same thing too.

What I mean here is that I don't think that PMS is just a woman thing anymore.
Whatever you want to call it, PMS, PWS, hormonal or not, it seems that we all have mood swings at one time or another in some kind of a cycle every month.

If you keep a daily blog, or diary, you'll see what I mean.
It's not just the women that go through this, although they get the blame for moodiness, but everyone seems to cycle from time to time.

You can't set your clock or calendar by it in most cases, but I've noticed this not only in myself but in others too.

Anyone care to explore this a little bit?
:hugs:

Kate Simmons
06-05-2007, 02:01 PM
You are absolutely right Sandra and that is one reason I never take myself (or anyone else) that seriously. I try to find something positive in every situation, even the serious ones or at least some kind of "silver lining". When someone comes to me full of "gloom and doom" with a "worse case scenerio", I just shrug my shoulders and say: "...And?" A lot of the things that seem to stress us all out are really not that ponderous when you break them down. Like the attitudes, I always try to de-fuse them in some way. It's challenging sometimes but it's what I do.:happy:

Dasein9
06-05-2007, 02:02 PM
I've long thought that women get the blame for the conjunctions of their own moodiness with that of others, including men. ;)

Marla S
06-05-2007, 02:04 PM
The lates I would think of is PMS (we should skip that, it's just something different).
Children and even toddlers have mood swings, but definitively no PMS !!!!!!!!!

It is just normal that you have an emmotional down after an emmotional up.
Otherwise there wouldn't be ups and downs, but a more or less emmotionless baseline (some call that depressions).
When you are up you see everything more positive, when you have a down you might see the same things more negative.

I would say this is a natural, evolutionary, regulative mechanism to see things more objective over all.
You can't "survive" if you see everything all the time too enthusiastic or too depressive. You need a balance of both, hence you need to see and feel things from both sides. It's a way of learning.

marie354
06-05-2007, 02:19 PM
I agree with you Sal, you have to adjust "on the fly" sometimes and try to change the situation to a more positive one, but, unfortunately, it doesn't always work out that way and they walk off still depressed in some way.

kerrianna
06-05-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm usually an easy going type of a person, but on some days it seems that everyone that you run into has some kind of an attitude problem. Not just the girls, who have their share of moodiness, (depending on what time of the month it is sometimes), but guys also seem to go through the same thing too.

What I mean here is that I don't think that PMS is just a woman thing anymore.
Whatever you want to call it, PMS, PWS, hormonal or not, it seems that we all have mood swings at one time or another in some kind of a cycle every month.

If you keep a daily blog, or diary, you'll see what I mean.
It's not just the women that go through this, although they get the blame for moodiness, but everyone seems to cycle from time to time.

You can't set your clock or calendar by it in most cases, but I've noticed this not only in myself but in others too.

Anyone care to explore this a little bit?

NO! :rasp:

Because I'm in one of those moods. :Angry3:

:sigh: Some days you wake up feeling full of promise and suddenly everything seems too much. I don't know if I have a cycle because I don't keep tabs, but it usually surprises me a bit when stuff that normally doesn't bug me suddenly becomes crisis de jour. :mad: And some days I just want to cry all day. It all passes though. I try not to take it out on others, but sometimes the snap comes before you can keep it back. Then it's :sorry: time. :boo:

Hmmm, think I'll put in a few more of the new smilies to cheer me up....

:yahoo: :yippee: :w00t:

ooh, like this one:
:mods:

Tamara Croft
06-05-2007, 02:48 PM
I think I agree, I've noticed sometimes a few of you have mood swings... it shows in your posts :p I'll just have to :bitchslap: you all a bit more :tongueout

Kieron Andrew
06-05-2007, 02:52 PM
I think I agree, I've noticed sometimes a few of you have mood swings... it shows in your posts :p I'll just have to :bitchslap: you all a bit more :tongueout
im never moody!!!!!!:Angry3:

kerrianna
06-05-2007, 02:54 PM

You get them too you know.

Once in awhile I see you :hugs: or :love: someone! :eek:

I always think, what's wrong with Tamara today? :p

Tamara Croft
06-05-2007, 02:56 PM
You get them too you know.

Once in awhile I see you :hugs: or :love: someone! :eek:

I always think, what's wrong with Tamara today? :pOohh.. cheeky!!!

im never moody!!!!!!:Angry3:LOL... yeah right.... all those swear words that come out your mouth on yahoo are for my benefit then??? :tongueout

Daintre
06-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Guilty as charged. It seems lately I have gone through the ups and downs, it has been a roller coaster here. I am sure that others must have taken notice, and Barb , thanks for the shoulder, I do think though that the worst has happened and damage control can be started.:titanic:

Jen :belly: Jen

:mods:

LindaTS
06-05-2007, 03:39 PM
I think I'd have to agree, at least to a certain extent. Those of us here who play around with our hormones can, and do, experience mood swings. In my case I feel that it's more emotional than mood. Does this make sense? I hope so. And I think males go through certain moods just like females so I guess you're right about it.

Emily Ann Brown
06-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Who you calling a MOODY B###H ??!!!!:mad:

Emily Ann

Rita Knight
06-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Hi Sandy and Everyone,
I know that this thread might get moved to the Mental and Physical Health Issues Section. I can attest to the fact that depression is not just in the mind. There is a major physical or chemical component to this disease. Since everyone's body chemistry is slightly different, the doctors do not exactly know what is wrong in a particular person. If these mood swings persist, you may want to see a psychiatrist.

Sheri 4242
06-05-2007, 03:53 PM
You are absolutely right Sandra and that is one reason I never take myself (or anyone else) that seriously. I try to find something positive in every situation . . .

I have noticed for a long time that many (most? all?) have monthly mood swings -- it isn't restricted to gender. Don't now if it can be traced to a certain causation like with gg's. I do know that my wife has made comments over the years to the effect of "is it your time of the month or are you just being grumpy for no good reason." But Sal, in the main I desperately try to be like you -- try not to take anyone, myself included, too seriously, and always look for the positive. Wish I could say I always succeeded a this, but I'm trying.

Yep, Tamara, for those of us who fall short of Sal's life approach, sometimes we need a good slapping around! (serious and light-heartedly -- lol).

Kate Simmons
06-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Barb, I'm not all that infallible. I needed to be slapped sometimes too. By who? well, your's truely of course. That's when I finally "got it". :heehee:

Tamara Croft
06-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Barb, I'm not all that infallible. I needed to be slapped sometimes too. By who? well, your's truely of course. That's when I finally "got it". :heehee:I can slap you ... no really... I can :bitchslap: and I've seen your moods :eek: at one time, your mood changed daily... but you seem much calmer and happier these days :hugs:

Brianna Lovely
06-05-2007, 04:45 PM
I told my doctor, thirty years ago, that I had a "monthly cycle", he laughed.
Well, here's some enlightenment.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8962022/site/newsweek/
http://www.andropause.com/about_andropause/

bredalee25
06-05-2007, 05:35 PM
I for one am a member of the mood swing club. One day all is just peachy and the next day don't cross me or your gonna hear about it. I think it goes with the territory most of us CDers MTF's anyway seem to be a bit worse in the moody dept because we are either trying to imitate a woman or be one so we develope really bad mood swings as a result of our actions. I'd lay money on it that if i were "normal" i'd still have mood swings just not as bad as the ones i've got now.

ttfn

OldMom
06-05-2007, 06:13 PM
I swear that several people in my life are bipolar. My boss is a ms (mood swinger) as is my son who has adhd and anxiety. Mix in that I have been in perimenopause for the past 10 years and we have an interesting life here!! I just try not to let others' moods effect me so much. I used to be a sponge and take on the responsiblity of fixing everyone and making them happy. I'm glad I grew out of that!

O2B Barbara
06-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Roll the phase of the moon into this and watch out!!

Dixie
06-06-2007, 12:08 AM
My wife says that men have pms to but women take all the crap for it, " ...don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
It could be true, when I was younger there were times when I just needed to get into a fight just to feel better, but I have mellowed with age, or is it the dress??:eek::heehee:

Chantelle CD
06-06-2007, 03:48 AM
Try watching the moods of people around where you are atm, especially in crowded areas, moods are magnetic, like a smile is catchy, and watch your own mood while in those areas, be surprised how much of what we are feeling, is what is in the air so to speak. Peops with high stress jobs have less up times, and sometimes to get out of a down, it takes a "fake it till u make it" trick....force a happy mood, until you dont have to force it, and you are happy again.

I think there are mood swings for every one, even men, and think maybe there linked to the stars, you know zodiac thing.

Kate Simmons
06-06-2007, 05:04 AM
I can slap you ... no really... I can :bitchslap: and I've seen your moods :eek: at one time, your mood changed daily... but you seem much calmer and happier these days :hugs:I appreciate that Tam, really. I think a large measure of why I have my attitude nowadays is due to the folks here and knowing how much we care about and watch out for one another. Never have I met a group of more caring people.:happy:

Charleen
06-06-2007, 05:40 AM
I don't wanna talk about it!

PheonaP
06-06-2007, 07:17 AM
AN interesting NEWS item yesterday: Sussex Police have carried out a study over the last few years and discovered that "More crimes are committed over a FULL MOON" than at any other time of the lunar cycle. Not just werewolves that come out at full moon then.

Angie G
06-06-2007, 10:11 AM
I never thought about it or noticed it maybe I dohave them :hugs:
Angie

marie354
06-08-2007, 06:40 AM
My moods have been pointed out by my SO from time to time and she thinks that it's cute that I'm sometimes as moody as she it. We laugh about it sometimes.

And Rita... I go to group meetings every week. Welbutrin has controlled my depression very well over the last 5 years.
For the last 2 years, I've contributed to others well being in the group and the counselors and my psychiatrist have remarked that I should be on the payroll now. hehe.
I try not to miss any of my meetings because I really feel I help others with my positive outlook on things.

But you're right, if anyone can't deal with their moods, it's time for professional help. It surely helped me when I was at my lowest.