PDA

View Full Version : five o'clock shadow

BELINDA IN BFLO
03-03-2005, 08:36 AM
Does anyone have any info or good tips on beard cover. I'll shave and put on my make-up and a few hours later the beard shadow appears. Is there anything out there that covers it. HELP!!!

Wendy me
03-03-2005, 08:56 AM
beard cover that works well this works well. it's called tattoo cover tc-2
covwes good i got it at http://glamourboutique.com

Paula A
03-03-2005, 09:22 AM
Here is another tip that could help you but it takes time.

Aveno makes a after shaving lotion "smooth something or other" OK I can't remember the name, its a tan bottle with a light blue top and lettering. Anyway it helps you shave less often by slowing regrowth and helps your hair grow back thinner (smaller Diameter). You need to use it everyday for about four week before you start seeing results and you will. I have beed using it for about six weeks and my 5:00 shadow doesn't appear untill the next morning. Its great for legs and such too.

Wendy me
03-03-2005, 09:31 AM
thanks for that i will try that too .........the tattoo cover works well on scars as well
nouthing hides all but this works well for me.............

DonnaT
03-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Here is another tip that could help you but it takes time.

Aveno makes a after shaving lotion "smooth something or other" OK I can't remember the name, its a tan bottle with a light blue top and lettering. Anyway it helps you shave less often by slowing regrowth and helps your hair grow back thinner (smaller Diameter). You need to use it everyday for about four week before you start seeing results and you will. I have beed using it for about six weeks and my 5:00 shadow doesn't appear untill the next morning. Its great for legs and such too.

I use Aveeno Perfectly Smooth Shaving Gel

Then I use Aveeno Perfectly Smooth Moisturizer

Everywhere I shave, I use both!

It may take a week or more for this stuff to initially slow your beard growth, but it does work. And continues to work if you use it constantly.

My 5 o'clock shadow comes in around 5 am :D

BELINDA IN BFLO
03-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Thanks.....I'll get these products today and start using them right away. If they help me look half as good as you girls look, it will definitely be worth it. Thanks again, it's nice to have someplace to go to get help with these little problems. This is a great site with great people...Thanks

DanaJ
03-04-2005, 11:32 PM
I have posted this many times, but I use Colortration (http://www.colortration.com) and I love it! Here is a close up of one of my makeovers....

DanaJ
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/460749/closeup1.jpg

BELINDA IN BFLO
03-05-2005, 10:01 AM
DanaJ...the pic is fantastic, your skin looks so smooth and not a hint of shadow. I always thought your avatar pic looked so nice, you are a very beautiful girl. I love your nail pics too. Thanks hon, I appreciate your help....Belinda

Casandra
03-05-2005, 02:53 PM
I have posted this many times, but I use Colortration (http://www.colortration.com) and I love it! Here is a close up of one of my makeovers....

DanaJ
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/460749/closeup1.jpg

Dana, your skin is amazing!! Are you sure you haven't had any laser work done? My face seems to be all pore from a close-up like that.

Angela Wms69
03-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Hi,

I normally use Dermablend. QVC sell it here in the UK although I believe it is an american product.

It is very good. It was designed to help facial skin defects ie. birth marks etc and it does hide my shadow really well not that I really have a bad shadow. It takes ages for me to grow a beard (not that I want one)

Ang xx

DanaJ
03-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Thanks Belinda, I hope that helped. Colortration has a sample set where you can get 6 samples of different shades of their foundation for around $12.

Dana, your skin is amazing!! Are you sure you haven't had any laser work done? My face seems to be all pore from a close-up like that.Nope, that is my face with only the Colortration on it, and I have a dark beard shadow too.... it is truely an amzing product.

DanaJ

Jan W
03-05-2005, 09:17 PM
Dear Donna,
Very interested in your experience with Aveeno products. I have a dark beard which even if not to evident comes shining straight through in pictures.
Here's my question-does aveeno continue to lessen growth or does it plateau and regular use keeps it there? Sounds like just the thing for us girls.
Thanks Donna,

Love ,

Jan

kirsti
03-05-2005, 10:30 PM
taking an anti-androgen can also reduce the hair growth!

DonnaT
03-06-2005, 09:26 AM
Dear Donna,
Very interested in your experience with Aveeno products. I have a dark beard which even if not to evident comes shining straight through in pictures.
Here's my question-does aveeno continue to lessen growth or does it plateau and regular use keeps it there? Sounds like just the thing for us girls.
Thanks Donna,

Love ,

Jan

It levels out, and does not continue to lessen the growth.

Note that if you have a really blue beard, even though the growth slows, it does not hide the color/shadow of the beard.

You still need a good concealer like coloration or dermablend.

My beard isn't that dense, and has a lot of gray in it. Thus I can use a cover girl concealer under my foundation.

Also, I use Prescriptive's Magic Powder. It is great at reflecting light, even from cameras.

BELINDA IN BFLO
03-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Has anyone heard of or used a product called Instant cover by IGIA?? I was wondering how that worked. Thanks

Dominique Melt
03-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Somewhat off topic, but pertaining to hair growth -- I first shaved my legs about fifteen years ago, and have done so several times a year. Being the fitness geek that I am, other gymrats think I'm hairless to show definition and for evenness of my tan.
However, my beard grows thick for the first two or three millimeters and then gets very thin; could never grow a beard that did not look cheesy. But [big but there] I have what my best buddies call 'terminal 5:00 shadow'. Think: Fred Flinstone and Homer Simpson.
What to do? Where are these products sold?

Richelle
03-06-2005, 06:45 PM
Does anyone have any info or good tips on beard cover. I'll shave and put on my make-up and a few hours later the beard shadow appears. Is there anything out there that covers it. HELP!!!

Belinda,

I use Ben Nye makeup called "Five O'Clock" beard cover. It works wonders and I blend it with my liquid cover from Presciptievs.

Richelle