PDA

View Full Version : Doing the Ladies Room at da Mall.

Deidra Cowen
06-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Just got home from a little shopping trip. After going by my wig shop and a thrift store I headed to Perimeter Mall. Of course stopped and blew eighty bucks at the MAC store, looked at stuff at Macys....then used the main ladies restroom by the food court!

I had been feeling pretty comfortable and seemed to not be kicking up much notice as I went thru the mall. Needed to go...said heck with it and took a chance. Everything was ok...but I just sat down did my buisness and hauled bootie back outta there! No primping in da mirror like I like to do.

Anyway a milestone for me...I have been scared of Ladies Restrooms at Malls and that had been a logitical problem on shopping trips.

Felt good afterwards and really enjoyed my 3 hour shopping trip around Sandy Springs/Alpharetta this evening.

Dang it...gotta now take all this makeup, fake nails, etc back off and back to boy mode. :Angry3: :D

Holly
06-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Deidra, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. My milestone was about six weeks ago. I was out dancing at Studio 54 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Nature called and I had to answer. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the ladies room had an attendant. Took care of my business, washed my hands, checked my hair (I was hot!), smiled at the attendant and headed back to the dance floor... but inside, my heart was pounding!

EricaCD
06-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Good for you D! (You too Holly!) I'll bet the three hours' shopping was a lot more pleasant with that out of the way :)

Erica

Jamie001
06-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Deidra,

Your Avatar is so pretty that I am sure that you looked like a very pretty genetic girl to everyone.

Just got home from a little shopping trip. After going by my wig shop and a thrift store I headed to Perimeter Mall. Of course stopped and blew eighty bucks at the MAC store, looked at stuff at Macys....then used the main ladies restroom by the food court!

I had been feeling pretty comfortable and seemed to not be kicking up much notice as I went thru the mall. Needed to go...said heck with it and took a chance. Everything was ok...but I just sat down did my buisness and hauled bootie back outta there! No primping in da mirror like I like to do.

Anyway a milestone for me...I have been scared of Ladies Restrooms at Malls and that had been a logitical problem on shopping trips.

Felt good afterwards and really enjoyed my 3 hour shopping trip around Sandy Springs/Alpharetta this evening.

Dang it...gotta now take all this makeup, fake nails, etc back off and back to boy mode. :Angry3: :D

Joy Carter
06-05-2007, 10:57 PM
It really is no big deal Deidra, is it ?

I drove to Chicago recently dressed and stopped twice on the Indiana Toll Road, and everything went fine. I was walking in at the same time a Middle Eastern Woman was, and I was a little concerned but she apparently didn't notice me.

Rachel Morley
06-05-2007, 11:36 PM
The legendary Deidra Cowen is scared of the ladies restroom?? ....ah good, that means you are human after all. :D As you know, you are one of my role models. You always look so damm good, and when I read your 360 blog and see all the great pics, I see a t-girl who's attitude is so awesome and so confident it was hard to believe that you too have goals and bridges that you haven't yet crossed. That said, the women's rest room in a public mall (on your own) is a pretty big one!

YGG! :hugs:

Dixie
06-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Good for you D, another dragon slain!:drink:

Jenna1561
06-06-2007, 02:25 AM
Congratulations Diedra!

Those mall restrooms are pretty intimidating. Another milestone for you. Have you noticed how much nicer the Women's Restroom is compared to Men's Restroom in the same store/mall? They're usually much nicer and CLEANER.

Jenna

Victoria Anne
06-06-2007, 03:50 AM
Diedra I bow down to your courage and applaud you, when I was out and had to go well lets say I could not wait to get home.:o:

Di
06-06-2007, 06:59 AM
Girl..... A 3 hour shopping trip and your milestone:^5:
Back to the shopping.:happy:..ok dish what you bought.:hugs:

Angie G
06-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Way to go Deidra :hugs:
Angie

Rita B
06-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Honey, if you look good enough to go to the mall and to restaurants, you should look good enough to go the ladies' potty. That's what I say. Chances are you look 200% better than most women who walk thru those doors anyway:love:

Rita

KarenNY
06-06-2007, 09:51 AM
It is such a huge milestone. I was sort of freaking out (on the inside) my first time in a (restaurant) ladies room (it may have been that I was in like ninth grade), but I realized I didn't look any different than the couple of women who were in there, AND I was better dressed... lol...

Just act like you belong there and sit to do your business, hee hee...

oh, and it's not true that ladies rooms are always so much cleaner than men's. They are, more often than not, but I have seen some pretty dirty ladies rooms in my time... does ANYone flush anymore?

Eileen
06-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Going to the ladies room is just a natural thing women do. Just go in with a feeling of confidence and you should be fine. Sit, of course, and tear off some paper after you pee. I always flush, it is the lady like thing to do. On the way out wash your hands.

Eileen

Phoebe Reece
06-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Good for you Deidra. If the main restrooms in the mall seem too crowded, try the ones inside the department stores. They are usually not occupied. However, one time I went in one at Macy's in Northlake Mall and was startled to find about a half dozen women in the lounge area that is part of the restroom. I just walked confidently past them to where the stalls were, did my business and got out of there quick. No one reacted as if anything was out of the ordinary.

Sally24
06-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Congrats Deidra! I know we all worry about it but I've never gotten a second look in the ladies room. It can be a shock though when you open the door to step in and it's one of those big multiroom affairs with chairs and couches.....What is this.....a game room?

Now relax and enjoy!

Emma England
06-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Congrats Deidra! I know we all worry about it but I've never gotten a second look in the ladies room. It can be a shock though when you open the door to step in and it's one of those big multiroom affairs with chairs and couches.....What is this.....a game room?

Now relax and enjoy!

I have been in a couple of pubs (as a cleaner) and found the ladies room carpeted with tables and chairs.

Are they for women to sit down and gossip? Ahh!! So that is why women take so long in the bathroom!! :D

Deidra Cowen
06-07-2007, 02:26 PM
The legendary Deidra Cowen is scared of the ladies restroom?? ....ah good, that means you are human after all. :D As you know, you are one of my role models. You always look so damm good, and when I read your 360 blog and see all the great pics, I see a t-girl who's attitude is so awesome and so confident it was hard to believe that you too have goals and bridges that you haven't yet crossed. That said, the women's rest room in a public mall (on your own) is a pretty big one!

YGG! :hugs:

Oh lord that is too sweet to say! But yes I think most of us even if we go out in public still have places that scare us or things we have not done yet. Mall restrooms were one of my deals. I don't mind nightclubs or even resturants...but I always get a bit nervous where I might run into Kids. Anyway it all worked out!

Thanks to everyone for the sweet responses and for giving your experiences...my apologies for the late reply. I caught a nasty Summer Cold and have been laying low. Matter of fact am home early since my boss said to go on home early...LOL...my voice was bad today. Got two movies rented and about to chill out and try to recover since I got da kids this weekend.

Gina_darling
06-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Way to go girl! It feels good going into the ladies and not having a second glance. I go in and then touch up my make-up in the mirror, even handed out a tip or two when a girl's asked!

Emma England
06-08-2007, 08:23 AM
I have never been in the ladies when other women have been around.

My biggest fear is if they start chatting.

What happens if they ask a question? :eek:

Doesn't matter how femme I look, my voice would give me away instantly!

MsJoann
06-08-2007, 08:47 AM
I've used the ladies room at a local Hilton on several occasions and never had a bad experience. Always in and out quick as a breeze. I imagine things could get rough using a ladies room at a busy bar where all the ladies being under the influence would tend to be a bit more crass and mouthy.
On the other hand...I put my personal safety ahead of everything and would not want to meet up with the wrong guy in the men's room while dressed.

Emily Ann Brown
06-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Deidra nervous about the ladies room ? What's next? Karren Hutton scared of the drive thru at Wendy's ??????????????

Seriously, we are have those silly fears pop up that force us to grow.

Emily Ann

susie evans
06-08-2007, 09:54 PM
when mother nature calls i answer and use the room that i am dressed for :heehee:

susie

Kaitlyn Michele
06-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Hi Deidre

i enjoyed your story....

i have had to deal with the same issue and shared alot of the feelings you had

tiffianycd
06-08-2007, 10:12 PM
good for you I am glad you made it. I was nerves with my first time out dressed.

Kristen Kelly
06-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Your go Girl! :yrtw: I use caution to where I use the restroom, but when I do I go in like I belong there, confidence rules, I do what I have to do (with my feet pointed in the correct direction) wash the hands, quick check of the makeup and I'm out of there. I feel pretty good lately; out to dinner enfem to the local Chili's I felt I was invisible, no looks, no giggles, or whispers. Today was the best I was out shopping in Target after work in “drab,”(no Make-up) women’s low rise jeans, a blue micro fiber Champion Tee shirt, small hoop earrings and sneakers, an hour drive from work had to use the restroom, on my way threw the door a women says, “Yo miss that’s the men’s room”, I smiled and said “Thanks”. Now my hair is brown, below the collar highlighted, with auburn and blonde, have been apprehensive to go out with out the wig but I think it will happen soon.

Rachel Morley
06-09-2007, 05:10 PM
My biggest fear is if they start chatting.

What happens if they ask a question? :eek:

Doesn't matter how femme I look, my voice would give me away instantly!
That's my biggest concern too! Fortunately I'm always with my wife and so if someone does talk to us I just smile and she does the talking. I tell you, I'm so lucky and I get away with so much because of my wife Marla GG. She protects me and nurtures me like a mother would look after her daughter. :D