PDA

View Full Version : Sticking on breast forms

tall sam
06-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Hi all
I am having some trouble getting my breast fors to stay stuck!
They are silicone forms and came with 2 sided tape and adhesive wipes. These work for a while but then start to loose grip.
I have also tried cherry gum - well I think thats what they call it.
I have heard of medical adhesive but it seems costly???

I really want to glue them on tight so I dont need to wear a bra!

Any ideas girls

brenya
06-06-2007, 06:33 PM
are you talking about spirit gum? I would have thought that would work the best, try super glue? LOL JUST KIDDING

Gisele
06-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Your skin may be too oily to start with. You may need to try using alcohol wipes to get most of the oil off of your skin. I do have oily skin and my double sided tapes work very well all though I do use medical spray adhesive the most.

Lori SC
06-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Hey Tall...

True about the oily skin. Try wiping you skin with alcohol before attaching the forms.

Is this the right application? You can't go braless with just tape holding the forms - especially if they are larger forms. It says so in all the literature. By large, I mean anything above a size 6. You might get away with it in a small size.

Tape should work if the dress or top has a built in bra, or some form of support.

For true braless, you have to go with adhesive. I've used Holisters successfully. Once, I left the forms attached for about 60 hours, but was braless only a portion of the time.

Expensive is a matter of perception.

Hugs, Lori

stefcd1
06-06-2007, 10:11 PM
I have successfully used Holisters adhesive to attach my silicon breasts and wear them for almost a week. I was also successful in wearing them without a bra sleeping at night. Love them bouncing around under my nightgown - wonderful!! Makes you understand what real women feel.

franny
06-06-2007, 11:03 PM
do the bra.. lookin down..stiff neck.. u look good..lol

Dixie
06-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Second the superglue, go braless all day, and longer:heehee:, with no worries.:eek::D

sandra-leigh
06-08-2007, 03:00 AM
You can't go braless with just tape holding the forms - especially if they are larger forms. It says so in all the literature. By large, I mean anything above a size 6.

I've done it a small number of times with double-sided tape and size 7 forms, but not for anything energetic. It was easier with size 6 forms. Even with 6's it is hit and miss for me: Scotch Brand is the only double-sided tape (other than duct-tape) that I find can be used to hold up even just an add-a-cup form (like 1 1/2 ounces), and even roughly 40% of the Scotch Brand won't hold a thing. For the most part I pretty much gave up on tape once I found Jockey microfibre crop-tops -- extremely light weight bras. It isn't the same as braless at all, but the Jockey are so much easier to hide than a regular full bra; not only are they very thin (hide under clothes) but they can be crumpled up in one hand (hide in a pocket no problem.) If my goal is to be able to show no bra shoulder straps, I wear one of my strapless bras, or my bandeau, or wear my size 4 foam forms with a stretch top (those are light enough to be held up by friction.)

I did try theatrical prosthetic adhesive, but it was never very satisfactory for me, and never dried right; things would start to slip because it was still partly liquid even a couple of hours later.

Hollisters doesn't exactly smell like roses (don't expect you can hide the smell in the bathroom if someone is going to be in there 5 minutes later), but it is fairly effective. I don't think it would work for 60 hours for me with my size 7 forms, but I've done more than 24 hours, and sleeping on the forms was a major contribution to having them loosen.

I haven't tried the official Hollisters remover; the store sold me a "universal" remover, which smells noticably and feels very oily, and is a nuisance to work with on the cleaning. So what I end up doing most of the time that I use the Hollisters is to just pull the forms off (rarely a problem) and have a shower; add a bit of soap and the Hollisters starts balling up a bit and comes off without any great difficulty -- it mixes with the top layer of dead skin cells and the two come off together.

tall sam
06-09-2007, 04:52 AM
I assume Holsets is medical spray on ahdesive??
Someone mentioned super glue (jokes) then this was agin said. I could believe this works but what about tetting it off and geting the breast forms off???

I do take time to clean the skin well before hand and use alcohol wipes then adhesine wipes but the forms still come loose after a while around the edges. Is there a strong glue I can use here?

Any other ideas.

AnnaMaria
06-09-2007, 05:30 AM
Sam,

I use the medical adhesive with size 6 forms and they stay in place just fine for me. As far as removing them after wearing all you have to do is just pull them off. It does hurt a little but not much unless you have hair on your chest then I would suggest using the remover to take them off because the glue will pull the hairs with the forms as they come off. This is the only way that I know of that will work for the braless look.
good luck

Anna

tall sam
06-09-2007, 05:42 AM
Anna - If there a recommended brand of medical adhesive? Can you get it from a local shop or only over internet from breast form supply stores?

Sam

Sam,

I use the medical adhesive with size 6 forms and they stay in place just fine for me. As far as removing them after wearing all you have to do is just pull them off. It does hurt a little but not much unless you have hair on your chest then I would suggest using the remover to take them off because the glue will pull the hairs with the forms as they come off. This is the only way that I know of that will work for the braless look.
good luck

Anna

Robin Leigh
06-09-2007, 06:50 AM
If the alcohol wipes aren't good enough, then get a bottle of rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol). This can also be used to revitalize the Skin Tac wipes.

Wash the area with a pure scent-free soap first. The scent in soap is usually oil based, and we don't want any oily residue. Allow the skin to dry thoroughly before attaching your forms.

Robin

sandra-leigh
06-09-2007, 12:22 PM
If there a recommended brand of medical adhesive? Can you get it from a local shop or only over internet from breast form supply stores?

Over time there has been a variety of adhesive mentioned; not all of them work for everyone, and some are easier to obtain than others. And some are harder to clean than others or smellier than others, which can end up making a noticable difference in how often you use them.

The brands that seem to get mentioned most often are Hollisters and Nu-Hope, with honourable mentions of Smith & Nephew Skin-Bond. You will also find Hollisters spelt in discussions as Holisters (single L) or as Hollister (without the S). Removal is a weak-point for Hollisters: getting the forms off is usually not too bad (pull gently, usually), but removing the adhesive from the forms is not easy and the remover is smelly and oily. I generally don't bother trying to use the remover to take the adhesive off of me: I just shower, wash it with regular soap, and let it dry, and then as it mixes with dirt and dead skin cells, it usually rubs off over a day or two. Hollisters is transparent, so if you are concerned about someone seeing it before it comes off, then you should probably be more concerned about the fact that when you wear larger (e.g., size 7 and up) forms bra-less, the weight of the forms pulling on your skin will result in a line of tiny broken blood vessels in a line around the edge of the forms -- little "hickeys". It doesn't bruise (at least not for me), but the circle of red dots on the chest is a lot more visible than the remaining layer of Hollisters.

What I read in other postings is that Nu-Hope is like a layer of rubber cement; I don't recall reading about how easy it is to remove. I would imagine that Nu-Hope would have the same hickey problem.

Removers that people have recommended include Gunk-be-Gone and Remove-It .

Hollisters can be bought in local medical supply houses; I was able to buy some in person six blocks from where I live. But interestingly, I had to sign for it. "Because it is a medical product, we have to keep a list of purchasers in case there is a recall or something similar." The company didn't care why I wanted it; that was just Standard Operating Procedure.

Paula Wilder
06-10-2007, 02:31 AM
Had my new size 10's on with Hollister's tonight and it worked great. I only had them on for about 6 hours, and a few sprays did the trick. After the sprays, I rubbed them around the spots where I wanted them to spread the adhesive a bit, then let them dry a bit and get tacky (same with the adhesive it left on me from the rub), and after a few minutes I placed them where I wanted them, and laid down on my back until they were dry a few minutes later. They were good for the night after that. When I was done, I carefully pulled them off a little at a time and it left a red mark that went away fairly quickly. I used Goo-Gone (not expensive and available everywhere) squirted on baby wipes to rub off the adhesive - both from my chest and the forms. Then, I washed both me and the forms with mild soap and rinsed. Perfect!

Enjoy the feeling of natural breasts - attaching them is definitely a good feeling!

Paula

Rita Knight
06-11-2007, 05:51 AM
Hi Tall Sam,
This is a situation where what works for me may not work for you abd what works for you may not work for me. For my adhesive, I use Nu-Hope Adhesive. Hollister Medical Adhesive does nor work for me due to my sweating. As for removing it, I use De-Solv-it and it can be found here: http://www.orange-sol.com/household/index.html

rickie121x
06-13-2007, 10:37 AM
I have not used adhesive for many years, happy these days with how a bra holds my breast forms. However, when I was using...

I had trouble getting the forms attached in exactly the right location on my chest. Too high, too low, wrong centering... Finally, I evolved this system: I would hold both forms against my chest moving them until I achieve the right "look". Then putting one form back on the dressing table, I draw an outline of the other form still on my chest, using a "Hi-Liter" transparent light yellow marker pen. Still holding number one in place, relocate the other, and outline similarly. The light yellow color never seemed to show and was just great!

Then apply the adhesive to chest and breast forms, let dry, and press them in place within the outline. I used to apply adhesive only to the outer one inch of the outer edges - the centers didn't seem to be necessary.

There you go - with my tips on gluing yourself to the breast forms.

Rickie :heehee:

sandra-leigh
06-13-2007, 02:13 PM
I had trouble getting the forms attached in exactly the right location on my chest.

One approach that works for me is to put the forms in a bra first; that gives you a close approximation of where you are going to put them. Then put the spray on the forms (never directly on you for Hollisters), and put the forms on close to where they should go, inside the bra. Leave the bra on for long enough for the adhesive to harden -- 10 minutes doesn't seem long enough, half an hour seems plenty of time. Remove bra and the forms are now exactly in place (and aimed the same way) as if you still had the bra on.

If you are a little more mature or a little more lipo-challenged, then the result might be a bit higher than would be natural for you body, not enough sag. Adapting a solution from another poster in a different situation: instead of using a tight bra for the positioning, use a looser bra, so that the sag will be built in to the original positioning.

sterling12
06-13-2007, 03:33 PM
I like Nu-Hope a little better than the Hollister Adhesive. It's certainly cheaper and uses a bottle and dab applicator. I find I can control where the adhesive is applied a lot better than with a spray.

Both adhesives leave a lot of residue. To get it all off, use the recommended solvent AND Goo-Gone for a final cleaning. Careful if you use the Goo-Gone on your chest, it's not recommended. However, I've used it a lot and it only stays on for a short time. So far, no ill effects.

Peace and Love, Joanie

rickie121x
06-13-2007, 04:06 PM
I like Nu-Hope a little better than the Hollister Adhesive. .... leave a lot of residue. To get it all off, use the recommended solvent AND Goo-Gone for a final cleaning. Careful if you use the Goo-Gone ... However, I've used it a lot and it only stays on for a short time. So far, no ill effects. ... Joanie :heehee: Goo-Gone.... I hope that is not one of the wonderful modern petrochemicals that goes into your system via your skin! The good thing is that you are not (Probably) going to make any more babies for they might come out with pre applied adhesive on their chests. (Might be good for boys, but not so for girls...) :heehee:

Rickie

BobbieCD1944
06-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Hi all
I am having some trouble getting my breast fors to stay stuck!
They are silicone forms and came with 2 sided tape and adhesive wipes. These work for a while but then start to loose grip.

I've just returned from a 3 week trip to Calif. 3 weeks of what I call total "vanilla" land.. heh.. The past year or so, I have been using Hollisters adhesive. I had the urge to put on my forms yesterday morning. Decided to use the double sided tape. They stayed on during the day and night. But, this morning, the right form almost fell off. I renewed the tape with Skin Tac Wipe, so far so good. But, I think I prefer the Hollisters. I've had the forms on as long as 6 days with the Hollisters.

trannie T
06-14-2007, 11:32 PM
I don't glue on forms, I wear a colostomy and have used many of the adhesives. Hollister spray is very good and works well but I prefer NuHope.