PDA

View Full Version : For all you tall gurls!

Dragster
06-06-2007, 08:14 PM
In Monday's Daily Telegraph (UK daily newapaper), there was an article where Fashion Editor, Hilary Alexander, had given a 6'1", 25 year old, with size 9 feet and 36G bosom a complete make-over. The before and after photos showed a miraculous transformation; she looked stunning, and was even wearing heels (though not the 5" or 6" stilettoes we CDers sometimes do) and radiated confidence. It just shows that there's hope for us tall CDers (I count my 5'11" as tall, especially if I'm in heels), if only we can capture that confidence, dress to impress, and "walk tall, walk straight and look the world right in the eye".

Now the hard part, JFDI,
Tony

Charleen
06-06-2007, 08:35 PM
I've been noticing there are alot more tall GGs then I imagined. Went to a club Saturday with some other girls, and there were a few GGs I had to look up at and I'm 6'1" and in 3" heels!

summermarie
06-06-2007, 08:39 PM
It's harder for me to find clothes. I am 6' 3" AND wear a size 15 shoe:(:sad:!

XOXO,
Summer

Cristi
06-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Being tall SHOULDN'T be too much of a burden if you can carry it well.

I'm 6'1" and worry about my height when trying to blend in... but I work with a woman that is quite beautiful and VERY feminine at 6'2". I also know another woman who is that if not even a bit more.

Granted, neither of them wear heels so I guess I shouldn't either :(

Sasha IN
06-06-2007, 08:46 PM
I've always just tried to look proportionate. At 5'11" with (perhaps) overdeveloped legs from years of soccer and hockey, it takes the extension of 4" heels to slenderize my legs and make them look "right".

SarahLynn
06-07-2007, 01:45 AM
While shoes may make the outfit i think it's the outfit that makes the person. Gee, where have i heard that before? But you know it's true. So many times i've made someone simply because they expressed zero taste in their attire and their presentation.

While i fully understand the desire to dress down in the summer, to me there is nothing more disarming than to see an otherwise lovely lady dressed in ragged clothes. Really i much prefer a lady dress appropriate to the function. And to me that means if you are a SA in a fine department store jeans are out. I think it also holds true for us. Dress nice and people won't notice if we're CD or GG, we're impressive in our appearance and that is what they will see.

Hold you head up and your back straight, and walk with confidence and they won't care.

SarahLynn

Fab Karen
06-07-2007, 02:46 AM
Being tall SHOULDN'T be too much of a burden if you can carry it well.

I'm 6'1" and worry about my height when trying to blend in... but I work with a woman that is quite beautiful and VERY feminine at 6'2". I also know another woman who is that if not even a bit more.

Granted, neither of them wear heels so I guess I shouldn't either :(

WRONG. If they stopped shaving their legs, would you follow them? Plenty of individual women do what feels right for them. You should do what feels right for YOU. If you're tall, OWN IT. How do you carry it well? I'm tall. some people may notice me in a crowd, regardless of crossdressing. That's how. Accept yourself, and then of course also that you're a crossdresser.

...if only we can capture that confidence, dress to impress, and "walk tall, walk straight and look the world right in the eye".

Now the hard part, JFDI,
Tony
Yeah, like Frankie said,"walk like a man...":D

noname
06-07-2007, 04:38 AM
I saw a GG today that was taller than I was and she was wearing heels. Without heels, probably close to the same height as I was. I never really wore heels cause I figured I was already tall enough. After seeing her, I said to myself screw it. I'm getting pair of those ropish ( if there is such a word ) sandles with slight heels.

amasveritas
06-07-2007, 05:06 AM
I'd say wear whatever shoes you love :) I'm a tall gal myself - well, tall for a girl anyway - I'm 5'10" and I tend to already be taller than most guys I know without the heels. But I love heels, so either they're just gonna have to grow or get over it ;) Beauty knows no measures :)

Sarah Plumber
06-07-2007, 05:32 AM
I still think I'd be pushing it trying to pass at 6ft 6" ...and 240 lbs !!

tall_brianna
06-07-2007, 05:54 AM
I don't think being tall (6'3" here) makes you easier to read. However, you will get way more attention and with that comes scrutiny. Bottom line is that you need to be extra confident. As someone else said, own that shit.

I was out the other night and a guy asked me if I played in the WNBA. The look of shock on his face when I replied and he realized his mistake was priceless!

kassandra richard
06-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Let's see. I'm 5'10" and my wife is 5'11". I've always encouraged her to wear heels, and her latest shoes are 3" and her dress boots are close to that as well. Awfully amusing when I stand next to her and my nose (when I wear my boots) only comes to her chin.

Hey, if you can feel good wearing heels, do it.

sandy_folsom
06-07-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm 6'4" and the drawback is all the regular misses tops is a bare midriff on me. I also need to watch out for door frames when I'm wearing my 4" stiletto heels.

Ashleigh
06-08-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm 6'4" and the drawback is all the regular misses tops is a bare midriff on me. I also need to watch out for door frames when I'm wearing my 4" stiletto heels.

Boy can I relate! I am 6'4" and in my 4" and 5" heels it can get pretty treacherous up there going through a 6-8 doorway.

A :doll:

Maddie22
06-08-2007, 10:48 AM
I would agree, I'm 6'6'' with a size 15 shoe...(sometimes I can fit in to a bit of a smaller shoe) the only shoes out there are stripper shoes which makes me like 6'9'' or so....but it damn, my legs look great!!!

Marla S
06-08-2007, 10:52 AM
The before and after photos showed a miraculous transformation; she looked stunning, and was even wearing heels
Photos make you look smaller, but I bet in reality she is still 6'1" + heels.:heehee: And she certainly doesn't blend in.

SandyR
06-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Yesterday at the store a very nice looking ladie was in front of me, she must have been close to 6' 2". Me being 6' 2" used to worry, but these days I just enjoy myself and look them straight in the eye.

Having fun!

SandyR

wannabie
06-08-2007, 04:52 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/main.jhtml?xml=/fashion/2007/06/04/efaskhil104.xml#1

DianaGomez
06-08-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm 6'3 but only need a 12 shoe to be comforable!!! Got a hot bod too if I say so myself. Main problem is the face. Sucks. Anyway. The height thing is a bit of a pain but its nice to see tall girls more accepted!

Michelle Hart
06-09-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm 6' flat and don't really have an issue with it. I would love to be smaller since most clothes are made for the average 5' 6" girl. I just look a little more and have to coordinate my fasion better. The tallest woman in the world is like 7' so girls come in all shapes and sizes too.

I walk tall and wear 4" heels most of the time and love it. If your're confident and look "normal" then height is not really a big deal. Watch other women and emulate them and you'll blend in just fine.

Kyoko
06-09-2007, 08:46 PM
I am only 5FT,6inches tall,but my late Wife so was a Ts Girl was 5Ft,11 inches

jessbcuzz
06-10-2007, 02:08 AM
I'm 6'1", flat footed. I like to wear heals, 2-3 inches at the most. I just bought a new home recently, and had dressed for awhile (12 hour work days). The first chance I had to dress, I donned the heals. The extra 2 inches was enough to crack my head on the light hanging from the ceiling.

cindychan
06-10-2007, 06:48 AM
I'm of amazon height as well, but I feel more femme in heels.

kathy butler
06-10-2007, 10:08 AM
i am 6'8" and i wear heels all the time. i never go out and about but if i go to a t friendly club i will wear them. i absolutely love wearing heels. :happy:

Sharon B.
06-10-2007, 11:49 AM
6'-4" about 250-lbs and just love wearing heels(size 12W), regardless of the outfit that I decide to wear it will always be with heels no longer than 3-inch.

HotPantyhose
06-10-2007, 11:49 AM
I am 6'3" and wear a size 14, 15 shoe. Is there any good places online to buy bigger shoes?

Mitch23
06-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Good grief - some of you girls are tall. I'm 6'2" and 156lbs. I am less conscious of it now than when I started out. Tend to wear flats or low heels now. I think I am well proportioned - I think you tend to attract attention because of your height so have to be extra confident and wear suitable clothing. I think most of the looks I get are envious because I have a kind of model figure!!! (At least thats what I would like to think)

Mitch

Mitch

DianaGomez
06-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Boy can I relate! I am 6'4" and in my 4" and 5" heels it can get pretty treacherous up there going through a 6-8 doorway
LOL!!! I know just what you mean. But I love the height feeling even a 3" gives me with my 6'3, you feel on top of the world!

Julogden
06-10-2007, 10:11 PM
I am 6'3" and wear a size 14, 15 shoe. Is there any good places online to buy bigger shoes?
Here's my list that I've put together of shoe resources for those of us who are over-endowed in the foot department:heehee::
http://community-2.webtv.net/CAW_1976/Largesizewomensshoe/

I know, it's not an exhaustive list of every shoe resource on the Net, but it's a place for you to start, all the sites there go to at least a women's size 14, in at least a few styles.

Carol:hugs: