PDA

View Full Version : The thrill is gone.

Chiana
06-06-2007, 11:05 PM
The thrill of shaving is gone. Recently, I have noticed that I don't get any excitement or thrill out of shaving. It has become "normal". Who would of thought.... But I have been doing it for so long. I shave my chest, underarms and legs. I remember when shaving my legs used to be so exciting because of the risk of discovery, the stigma of shaving and the fantastic sensations. :heehee: I loved the feeling of slinky clothing rubbing against freshly shaved legs. Unfortunately, it's just not the same now. I guess my skin is less sensitive or something. It doesn't feel the same as it used to. I also miss the tingle of excitement of doing something daring and "forbidden"(?). But it doesn't seem daring or risky to me anymore. I continue to do it because it just seems too gross to not shave and it is just who I am. Anyone else feel the same?

marie354
06-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Yes, there are many things that are starting to seem "normal" to me anymore.
Shaving is just one.
Picking the nightie that I want to wear to bed.
Choosing what I want to wear when I get up in the morning.
Whether I want to do a full makeup job or just the minimal stuff like lipstick.
What color to paint my nails, if I choose to at all.

I think that I'm starting to really understand why women don't do the things that excite a lot of us when we "do our thing".

Dressing every day like I do has made a lot of things seem "normal".
:hugs:

Angie G
06-07-2007, 12:22 AM
Hope I never get that far :hugs:
Angie

Dixie
06-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Kind of a let down huh? I have decided to keep my legs shaved this summer full time, no one has noticed even when I am out walking in shorts.:drink:

bredalee25
06-07-2007, 04:11 AM
Chiana,
I know where you are coming from. Recently separated i've got the place to myself and for the first two weeks i was dressed every moment i could dress now it's not the same feels just like it did when the exgf accepted my dressing then it wasn't as fun anymore. So i stopped dressing as much with her now it's not as fun dressing anymore. Maybe we have to go guy for a while and then start up again and see what that does. I know when my ex and i first moved in together and she told me no more dressing i only made it seven months until the desire to dress got the best of me and i started dressing again and had a blast knowing i was doing it and she didn't know about it at all. So thats why i haven't dressed for a few days maybe i only dress on the weekends never know with me.

ttfn

Kelsy
06-07-2007, 04:26 AM
Chiana
I don't think I'll ever lose the thrill! I find incredible joy in so many of the simple things:happy: Maybe this will help. Try not dressing for an extended period of time or go shopping:D

Jennifer

Michelle04240
06-07-2007, 05:26 AM
Though the act of shaving used to be more exciting then it is, the results are the same for me. I love the feeling of a smooth body and feel great after a good shave.

Kate Simmons
06-07-2007, 05:51 AM
I totally know the feeling Chiana. To do it right, I have to body shave every other day but sometimes, I hold back and let it go as it seems I'm just not into it. I can still get by after 3 days but on day 4, I start looking like a cactus. I will reluctantly shave but once I get into it, I usually feel better and it's worth the effort and I've kind of gotten used to a "clean" body. I usually don't do the hair on my back because I can't reach it. If I'm going to wear a swimsuit or gown, however, I'll use the nair. Yep, the initial "thrill" may be gone but I still feel better once I do it.:happy:

Colleen
06-07-2007, 06:49 AM
Yep the thrill is gone.But having to wear my boxers for the last week.{House guests} I did manage to get on some pink silky ones for a day.I cant wait to get back into my panties on a regular basis again

Phyliss
06-07-2007, 07:06 AM
While I don't "shave" every other day like I used to, (get waxed now) The feeling of smooth skin has become very "normal" for me.
I can understand the statement of "the thrill is gone". Most everthing has become so routine for me that I hardly think about it anymore. That's not to say that getting "fully dressed" for a particular reason is a boring thing. My usual mode of dress is, the mandatory "underthings" jeans (from Fashion Bug) and a short sleeve shirt. Light makeup and I'm "good to go" for the day.
So, yeah some of the initial "thrill" isn't there anymore, but it's still fun in "normal everyday" way.

LindaTS
06-07-2007, 09:41 AM
I think for a lot of us who have been around a day or two just take it for granted now. Just like choosing which clothes to wear the next day, etc. It's something that I do every day and it's just part of life now. But I do remember those days of past when everything was soooo thrilling. Ah, memories.

Cristi
06-07-2007, 10:34 AM
I have the same feeling. I think as we reach each level of dressing, it becomes the norm for us so we have to reach that next level to get 'the thrill' again.

I'm at a level now where a lot of the things I do are just normal, and I don't get any thrill or excitement at all from them. So now I'm off to do more, like going out in public. Perhaps, in time, that will be normal as well. I really don't know what comes after that!

So far, these things have become so 'every day' for me that I don't even think of them as CD related anymore... They are just things I do and part of who I am:
Shaving my legs (down to a few times a month, or just when I am going to wear PH)
Plucking and shaping my eyebrows
Panties are just...underwear. I've worn them for so long that I don't think of them as being anything special
Wearing tights instead of socks in the winter. I don't get a thrill from them anymore... they are just like socks to me.
The same with nightgowns or a comfy skirt when I get home from work.

Things that are *almost* at the same level:
Wearing a bra or chamise. I've been doing it almost every day now, so it is quickly becoming just another article of clothing
Lipstick. I don't use lipstick or makeup much but I've recently been using lipstick enough that it is becoming 'normal' (when I'm home, at least).

Vieja
06-07-2007, 11:01 AM
How very sad. As I come up on four score years I still enjoy all of the mundane things that make up a cross dressers life. While I have never shaved anything but my face the simple act of dressing still gives me a bit of a thrill. I suppose it could be in part because I have never come out to my wife and therefore my chances to dress are few and far between, esapecially since I have retired and am home almost all of the time. I hope that I never lose that little thrill that comes with dressing. Forbidden fruit, maybe?

Vieja

Marla S
06-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Personally I enjoy this process of normalization and take great pleasure from it, because for me it is a sign of becoming centered and I feel there is an universe of a deeper going joy to uncover. It's less loud but wonderful.
I always hated my driven behavior that comes along with CDing. I am thankful for every thrill that dissapears and is replaced by a deep contentedness (becoming ME). If the thrill is replaced by boredom, it wasn't important anyway.

JoAnnDallas
06-07-2007, 12:28 PM
I remember the very first time I went out dressed in the daylight. My heart was pounding and my breath was almost hyper. Now when I go out, my heartrate is normal and so is my breathing. Same for first time I went into a convience store and later in the week went to Payless.
The first time you do something, the andenlain flows and your body goes into high gear. then when you do it the second time, your body thinks, "Oh this is not a big deal, I have done this before" and no andenlain flow. It is the normal progress that we all go thru. As others have said, after a while we reach a new level and that now becomes the norm.

Alex!
06-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Geez - I've always hated shaving. I will never permanently remove my hair, because I am a man and do not want to lose that which helps physically define me as such. But shaving is such a pain in the neck. In fact, applying makeup is up there with shaving. I wish I could walk into a booth that would take care of all that in 5 minutes (remember that silly gizmo that applies eye makeup in The Fifth Element - I want that).

Stephenie S
06-07-2007, 01:39 PM
I think that this is just normal behavior. As anything becomes commonplace it looses the excitment. Think of anything you have done over your lifetime. First day of high school, first driving lesson, first sex, first anything. The thrill and excitement fades as we get used to it. Some members here dress so seldom that the excitment doesn't seem to fade, but for those of us who dress on a daily basis, the thrill fades a bit. Clothes are just clothes, after all, and underwear is just underwear.

Does your wife wear women's clothes everyday? Ask her how much of a thrill she gets from her bra and panties. But I'll bet her first bra was pretty exciting. Same goes for her first stockings and heels. This is just normal human response here. Don't worry about it.

Lovies,
Stephenie