PDA

View Full Version : A Little Confused

Deesire
03-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Help me with this ladies . Is a crossdresser a transexual ? I love wearing womans clothes but have no desire to be 24/7. I tryed dreesing for my wife in the early years of our marrage and I know that she would never accept me as a crossdresser . So I am in the closet . And I am OK with that . Now if I were single I would definatly try to find an accepting woman . But alas I am in love with my wife and have no desire to crush her. Am I the only one in this situation ? I read a post that wondered why most pic were torsoes. It seems as though alot of you gurls are more than xdressers . BTW you are all very sweet to each other , I love that !

Wendy me
03-03-2005, 06:15 PM
deesire cofused most of us are at on time or an outher...........you say your happy with your present thing ............then your happy ..........i like that title better........

Amelie
03-03-2005, 06:22 PM
I guess in a round about way a Transexual can be considered a crossdresser, if one looks at it this way. The transexual(male) will still be wearing clothes of a woman, which, in a warped way could make the transexual a crossdresser.

There are many different variations of Cds, just the same there are different variations of TS's. The life of a transgendered person is tough enough, without trying to figure what label to call oneself. You have described yourself this way:

"I love wearing womens' clothes but have no desire to be 24/7.

This is what you are, no label is needed. You are happy this way, no label will change how you feel. If someone called you a crossdresser or a transvestite or a queer, the label wouldn't matter, you would still be who you are and still dress the way you want. You know who you are, and that is all that matters, not what other people might label you.
Deesire,, is this a French name? I like French names.
Amelie

Lindahexi
03-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Hi Deesire,

A crossdresser is not a transexual, most Cd's wear the clothes of the opposite gendre for the pleasure that they derive from doing so. A transexual wants to go "all the way" and actually adopt the the body of the opposite gendre, and to all intents and purposes live as such.

Regarding the Avatar pictures, it's for anonymity.

Hugs,

Linda.

sherri
03-03-2005, 06:54 PM
A crossdresser cannot become a transsexual until he has been inducted into the Secret Society of the Sisterhood of Gender Confusion and Dysphoria (SSSGCD). Clandestine initiation rites usually take place in the basement of an abandoned Woolworth building somewhere in the midwest at the behest of the Grand Sister Wizardess of the Cluster Grope, with at least three sponsoring drag queens in attendance. The initiate must produce an intimate article of clothing recently worn by RuPaul and pay a membership fee of US$1,000.00. Once the lengthy and invasive initiation ceremony has been completed, the TS initiate is given a tiny tatto of the secret SSSGCD symbol on her left buttock. Her TS identity is then official and irreversible. If you do not have that tatoo, you are not a transsexual. Sometimes unwitting CDs are drugged and inducted into the SSSGCD without their knowledge. If you are in doubt as to your identity, ask a friend to examine your butt closely.

Deesire
03-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Thanks ladies I agree with the it's just a lable thing . Who cares ! people are so judgmental . Happiness comes from within ........ well ok heels help :)

I do like the discusions that go on here and value all your opinions . I also enjoy seeing you ladies pics in all your glory !!

In the closet with the door wide open :)
Amelie ( Love thet name ) It's Desire with an extra E although I like your way of thinking you pretty little thing you XOX ~D~

Deesire
03-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Sherri , you are very wise grasshopper or are you the Grand Sister Wizardess . It's OK gurlfriend your secret is safe with me :)
WOW now I'm confused again :(

Melissa A.
03-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Hi, Deesire,

No, crossdressers are not transexuals, necessarilly. But transexuals crossdress. Until they transition to female. Then they are no longer crossdressing.

Bet your'e even more confused now!

I'm just having a little fun. You are typical of most crossdressers, in my experience. ie; heterosexual, and enjoy, for a variety of different reasons, experiencing being a female or feeling feminine for a temporary period of time. For some, that may be an hour or two; others, days at a time.

Crossdressers and transexuals are similar on the surface. And I think it is great that we can consider eachother sisters and offer support to one another. But in reality, Our motivation couldn't be more different. A transexual wants to BE a woman, feels she should have been born a woman, is not happy as a man. It is in many respects, not a fun journey for them. It can be very painful, emotionally and physically, and requires a major long term commitment and a major change of life. Not to mention the affect it can have on your proffesional life, your family, and friendships.
I admire ts's, and the difficult commitment they make to be true to themselves.

We crossdressers have different challenges. And it all depends on degree, for there are probably dozens of degrees of crossdressing, who you decide to share it with, and how you incorporate it into your life.

Transgender is a little fuzzy for me. I used to think it was a catch-all phrase for cds and ts's, but have learned that it can be a completely separate and specific lifestyle from cd or ts. If anyone can enlighten us, I would appreciate it.

I realize I have described all this in pretty broad strokes. If anyone would like to add, or takes issue with what I have said, I would appreciate it and not take offense at being corrected.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Deesire
03-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Thanks Mellisa that was very well put . I agree that Transexuals are on a bumpy road and deserve much more credit than they will ever receive . I suppose if they knew early on and acted on it that would make life much easier . Ive taken the easy road , closeted CD For me. I think if I did not have such masculin facial features I might have gone a different route . But as we say in So. Cal " It's all good" You look fabuous I might add . ~D~

michelle p
03-03-2005, 07:49 PM
A crossdresser cannot become a transsexual until he has been inducted into the Secret Society of the Sisterhood of Gender Confusion and Dysphoria (SSSGCD). Clandestine initiation rites usually take place in the basement of an abandoned Woolworth building somewhere in the midwest at the behest of the Grand Sister Wizardess of the Cluster Grope, with at least three sponsoring drag queens in attendance. The initiate must produce an intimate article of clothing recently worn by RuPaul and pay a membership fee of US$1,000.00. Once the lengthy and invasive initiation ceremony has been completed, the TS initiate is given a tiny tatto of the secret SSSGCD symbol on her left buttock. Her TS identity is then official and irreversible. If you do not have that tatoo, you are not a transsexual. Sometimes unwitting CDs are drugged and inducted into the SSSGCD without their knowledge. If you are in doubt as to your identity, ask a friend to examine your butt closely.

Whew! I'm glad to have THAT finally cleared up!

Melissa A.
03-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Started my post when there were no responses, then phone rang. Finished it some time later.

Then I read your post, Sheri. I feel so ill informed. Been bent over in front of the mirror for an hour now.

Hugs,

ToniB
03-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Deesire,
You're not alone either, regardless of the label. My wife is not interested in anything to do with CDing, so I too am in the closet. I don't know if she knows how much I do, or that I am a member and contributor here. I don't wish to upset a 35 year old happy marriage either, so I don't have a wig, or use make-up, just dress for the sexual excitement of it. Without the feminine face, pictures would look pretty odd, which is why half the images you see here have been de-capitated. Maybe some don't want their male face (the one that all their friends know) to be published either, wearing women's clothes.

Good luck,
ToniB

Melissa A.
03-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Thank you so much, Deesire. I can't hear compliments like that enough. Even if your'e just being nice, Thank you.

Hugs,

Maude
03-03-2005, 09:16 PM
I guess in a round about way a Transexual can be considered a crossdresser, if one looks at it this way. The transexual(male) will still be wearing clothes of a woman, which, in a warped way could make the transexual a crossdresser.

There are many different variations of Cds, just the same there are different variations of TS's. The life of a transgendered person is tough enough, without trying to figure what label to call oneself. You have described yourself this way:

"I love wearing womens' clothes but have no desire to be 24/7.

This is what you are, no label is needed. You are happy this way, no label will change how you feel. If someone called you a crossdresser or a transvestite or a queer, the label wouldn't matter, you would still be who you are and still dress the way you want. You know who you are, and that is all that matters, not what other people might label you.
Deesire,, is this a French name? I like French names.
Amelie

just call me fee fee !
whats a huckleberry ?

maude

Priscilla1018
03-03-2005, 09:27 PM

Sherri,

I love it , thank you, I needed that.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Tristen Cox
03-04-2005, 07:29 AM
Is a crossdresser a transexual? No transexual has to do with the controlling elements on the inside, not what you wear. If a woman wears mens clothes she's technically crossdressing. But if she feels she is male on the inside then that is gender disphoria/transexualism. Just wearing clothes doesn't make you TS. Transexuals deal with feelings of being born in the wrong body, not because they just want to look like a woman, but feel that they 'are' a woman without being able to understand whatever being a male is supposed to be or why their bodies do not fit the internal gender. Transexual simply put means one gender on the inside opposite from the outside appearance. I deal with this every day. But in my mind I am always female so the need to crossdress is not as urgent as it is for some.

Love
Tristen

letsdance GG
03-04-2005, 09:47 AM
just call me fee fee !
whats a huckleberry ?

maude

Little thread hijacking here :)

"I'm your Huckleberry" is a quote from a great movie. It's called Tombstone. The charcter thats says it plays Doc Holliday.
Hope I got that rigth Amelie. If not you have my permission to put my nose in a corner :p

Amelie
03-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Little thread hijacking here :)

"I'm your Huckleberry" is a quote from a great movie. It's called Tombstone. The charcter thats says it plays Doc Holliday.
Hope I got that rigth Amelie. If not you have my permission to put my nose in a corner :p

Correcto-mundo, you are right Letsdance, now go and collect your prize.(sorry, we ran out of toasters, try again next year)
Amelie

DonnaT
03-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Huckleberry

In the latter half of the 19th century, the word huckleberry came to denote a fellow or man in American slang. It was usually used as term of affection to a friend, but could denote a foolish or incompetent person as well.

Sometimes it was used to mean a person particularly well-suited to a job or task, often in phrases like I'm your huckleberry.

The sense meaning a general person or fellow dates to 1868.

The sense meaning an incompetent person follows a bit later in 1889 when Mark Twain wrote the following in A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court:

Sir Persant of Inde is competent intelligent, courteous, and in every way a brick...Sir Palamides the Saracen is no huckleberry himself.

Huckleberry was probably first used this way because a huckleberry, while sweet and tasty, is also small and something of little consequence. The word is often used in an affectionate but condescending manner. There is an older sense of the word meaning a small amount. Paulding's Westward Ho!, written in 1832, includes the line:

[I once got] within a huckleberry of being smothered to death.

Literally, a huckleberry is a fruit of Gaylussacia (N.O. Vacciniaceæ), a North American plant. Sometimes the word is applied to the fruit more commonly known as a blueberry. The term dates to 1670. The origin is not known for certain, but it may be a corruption of hurtleberry or whortleberry, names given to the related genus Vaccinium, which contains blueberries (V. corymbosum) and cranberries (V. Oxycoccos).

donnie123abc1
03-04-2005, 04:09 PM
A crossdresser wears womens apparel because of the erotic and femine feel that these items have. A transexual seeks a total body tranformation (On the genetic level..ie HRT )

sherri
03-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Literally, a huckleberry is a fruit of Gaylussacia (N.O. Vacciniaceæ), a North American plant. Sometimes the word is applied to the fruit more commonly known as a blueberry. The term dates to 1670. The origin is not known for certain, but it may be a corruption of hurtleberry or whortleberry, names given to the related genus Vaccinium, which contains blueberries (V. corymbosum) and cranberries (V. Oxycoccos). So, a huckleberry is a fruit ... hmmm ... Well, there you go Desiree. Most people wouldn't know whether you're a crossdresser or a transsexual, but they would agree that you are a huckleberry. But hey, we're all huckleberries here, right?

sherri
03-04-2005, 08:19 PM
A transexual seeks a total body tranformation (On the genetic level..ie HRT ) Well, maybe not on a genetic level ... I'm not sure that procedure has been perfected yet. :)

Jen_TGCD
03-05-2005, 12:57 AM
I want Donna as my partner... the next time I play Trivial Pursuit ! ! ! :p

Jen_TGCD
03-05-2005, 01:00 AM
...the TS initiate is given a tiny tatto of the secret SSSGCD symbol on her left buttock.

Damn... all this time I thought it was a birthmark!!! :(