PDA

View Full Version : Part-time Job as a Woman

stefcd1
06-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Hello ladies:

Don't believe I have asked this question before but apologize if I have.

Has anyone investigated or actually taken a weekend job as their female self and then worked at their male job during the week? I would like to take a job on the weekend where I would be my woman self but don't know where to begin.

rose382832
06-07-2007, 09:05 AM
when the weekend arrives and i get the chance to dress, i do not want to work, i want to be taken care of.

Kate Simmons
06-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Well, I know if I ever really wanted to, the club would probably have me do the coat check room. Problem with that is I would miss my dancing time, so I guess not. I could probably do some shows as well which wouldn't be too bad as it's nothing but fun for me. The nice thing about being retired is you don't have to do anything if you don't want to except look at all the pretty girls.;):battingeyelashes:

Emily Ann Brown
06-07-2007, 11:17 AM
I have been offered a chance to work at an establishment extra hours as a female. Sounds interesting, and since the divorce is killing me financially I must confess I an considering it. Will I actually do it? Ask me in a month or two, business hasn't opened yet.

Emily Ann

Emma England
06-07-2007, 11:23 AM
I would love to work part time in the lingerie department.

Being a bra-fitter would be a dream!! :D

Guess that will never happen.

Eileen
06-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Stef it happened to me, I am not sure how. A few months ago I responded to an add for a p/t night auditor. Never did I think I would be hired, but I was. Eileen now works, as a night auditor, three nights a week. yIt is wonderful and if any girl has the chance, I would recomend giving it a try!

Eileen

Mitch23
06-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Hmm - interesting - I could do my day job as a woman but I think it would be too hard for the handicapped kids I work with to make the transition. We do have one TG post op on our staff and thats no probs. She gets to work with the males and the females, I can only work with the males!

Mitch

JoAnnDallas
06-07-2007, 12:38 PM
I remember a posting last year, where a CD got a part time job at a resale shop. Very nice post IIRC.

Denielleinheels
06-07-2007, 01:06 PM
I'd love to but Delaware isn't that accepting.

juliauklondon
06-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Hi Stef,

In the past I've worked in several jobs 'en femme' Whilst retaining a job as male.

My first job was as an office volunteer for a professional association. Basic filing , data entry making tea etc. Using that work as a reference I later signed on with some temping agencies and worked en femme on and off for over a year. Some things were good about it , others less so. I was treated well by most, in any event I believe they used to advise clients beforehand what to expect. I had a curiosity value, which enabled me to get fairly regular office assignments.

However , I dressed conservatively I still had to do the work . BTW Despite a lot of practise on my part I still found difficulty getting ready and out of the door before 8am . I also avoided jobs where I would have needed to interact with the general public -shops etc

Good luck if you attempt anything similar . Something to bear in mind is that I never earned enough from this to earn a living.

Julia

Gina_darling
06-07-2007, 06:23 PM
I have no time for a part time job! Here in the UK it is against the law for an employer to discriminate based on gender so all jobs are technically available for us. However the public are still not fully accepting, so in my career while I'd be allowed to work as a female, the clients would probably go somewhere else! There are jobs available in my profession that do not involve any public contact and I have seen adverts actually stating applications welcome from transgendered individuals. Trouble is it's a part of the profession I don't really want to work in!

racquel
06-07-2007, 06:36 PM
I have been offered a chance to work at an establishment extra hours as a female. Sounds interesting, and since the divorce is killing me financially I must confess I an considering it. Will I actually do it? Ask me in a month or two, business hasn't opened yet.

Emily Ann

Details please.pretty please.:heehee:

SherriePall
06-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Stef, I could only wish. And Emily Ann, if you don't at least try that job en femme (for a very good reason you would be excused), some of us will not be happy.

AmberCdCutie
06-07-2007, 09:50 PM
on the application would you have to put your male name?
...or perhaps only when you fill out the official papers?

i would love to go to a place and see a CD working! would
make my day! but sounds very complicated in that respect.

Joy Carter
06-07-2007, 09:55 PM
I work off ladders. Do you think we would ATTRACT more buiness if I worked in a skirt ?:heehee:

lawnmanmo
06-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Hello ladies:

Don't believe I have asked this question before but apologize if I have.

Has anyone investigated or actually taken a weekend job as their female self and then worked at their male job during the week? I would like to take a job on the weekend where I would be my woman self but don't know where to begin.

Dear Stef
I know that this answer is a bit premature but consider a part time job working for Macys or Sears or any other large store around the holidays when they are looking for temp help. I realize its 6 months away but that was what had come to my mind since I knew a CD friend of mine that did that and it worked out just fine,
Jerry

MonikaW
06-08-2007, 08:27 AM
I haven't done it. While the idea of working part-time as a woman is appealing. I think that it wouldn't take long for the routine to become dull as in the end it is just another job.

stefcd1
06-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Thank you girls for all your responses. Especially, Jerry, a wonderful ideal of working the Christmas season!! That would be so great, get a change to wear all those nice frilly holiday dresses out and about!! I will look into it. Thanks.

Stef

Sandra
06-08-2007, 08:48 AM
Why part time my SO works full time en fem see here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56849)

ophillia
06-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Went shoe shopping at payless on monday and they were looking for part time help. Kiddingly I said to the manager that I should apply. Barb (the manager) said that would be great, but I could only work enfemme. I start monday, can't wait.

Eileen
06-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Ophillia that is great! Be sure to get back to us with a follow up!

Eileen

Andi
06-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Incentive?? What about the employee discounts on clothes or shoes or makeup???

lawnmanmo
06-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Thank you girls for all your responses. Especially, Jerry, a wonderful ideal of working the Christmas season!! That would be so great, get a change to wear all those nice frilly holiday dresses out and about!! I will look into it. Thanks.

Stef

You are welcome Stef and I hope that it does work out for you. I know that it should be something wonderful.
Jerry

Avsblues19
06-13-2007, 04:37 PM
It has always been a dream of mine to be a female secretary. My mom use to be a secretary so that is probably where I got this dream from.

MsJanessa
06-13-2007, 05:08 PM
I have been offered a chance to work at an establishment extra hours as a female. Sounds interesting, and since the divorce is killing me financially I must confess I an considering it. Will I actually do it? Ask me in a month or two, business hasn't opened
Emily Ann

What kind of business is it??

Sally24
06-13-2007, 05:11 PM
If nothing else you could look into volunteer work. They are always looking for help and I want to believe that some of them would be very open to trans people. Good luck either way!

Brianna Lovely
06-13-2007, 06:32 PM
If nothing else you could look into volunteer work. They are always looking for help and I want to believe that some of them would be very open to trans people. Good luck either way!

On that note, once when I went to San Francisco, I went to the Gay Community Center, for local info. The person behind the counter was TG, maybe TS. She was so warm, so beautiful (not physical, but there was a beauty about her) and so helpful. I didn't care who she was, she was just a wonderful person.

So, voluntering at a Community Center (I don't know if they pay) would be a good thing to do. May lead to other things.

cutiepiedanielle
06-15-2007, 03:11 PM
ophillia, where in pa is this payless?

ophillia
06-16-2007, 06:09 AM
ophillia, where in pa is this payless?

It's in Pottsville. Had to work all week in capri's because I tore my leg up playing softball.

DianaGomez
06-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Incentive?? What about the employee discounts on clothes or shoes or makeup???
Hadnt thought about that! Youre quite right! Sounds kinda cool!

KandisTX
06-16-2007, 05:06 PM
I have in the past been offered the job as a cocktail waitress.... .it was in a gay bar, but hey, they wanted me to work en femme. I keep contemplating the idea, I would LOVE to be able to go to work as Kandis. ~sigh~ A girl can dream can't she???

Kandis:love:

cutiepiedanielle
06-18-2007, 03:17 PM
ophilia, very cool. i live not far from there, actually went to the schuylkill mall today for some heels..is that where u work? email me sometime cutiepiedanielle69@yahoo.com