PDA

View Full Version : Never passing

mellisa
06-07-2007, 05:48 PM
I was just wondering how many members are like me, in that I never try to pass at all. The clothes, shoes and lots of jewelry are everything. We think I look good when tastefully dressed. Office wear is the favorite here, but casual is fun too. Let me know who else does this, Mellisa

Lovely Rita
06-07-2007, 05:52 PM
I was just wondering how many members are like me, in that I never try to pass at all. The clothes, shoes and lots of jewelry are everything. We think I look good when tastefully dressed. Office wear is the favorite here, but casual is fun too. Let me know who else does this, Mellisa

I like that you don't worry about passing. That is a whole other phase of the Revolution. Pretty men in dresses. Then we will be trully liberated. Passing is always some how connected with appearing to be some thing we are not, and I am guilty of it, but to not have to worry about passing, wow that would make things so much easier.:love:

my two cents

Deanna2
06-07-2007, 07:00 PM
'Passing' is not an issue. I just love wearing femme gear because it comfortable and relaxing.

Kristen Marie
06-07-2007, 07:05 PM
I love being dresses or underdressed. If I am passable that's a plus, but it's not why I dress.

dds
06-07-2007, 07:15 PM
I don't know if I could really pass or not. I have not been out and about yet, en femme. I think I am probably too muscular and manly looking. But I so enjoy the feeling that I get when I am dressed and I would love to be dressed when I am out with other people. I don't really care whether they view me as a woman or just a 'guy in a dress.' I guess it's just the feeling that I get that counts.

gulliver
06-07-2007, 07:59 PM
i couldn't pass if i wanted to - the shaved head and beard give it away a bit!!
but i have been mistaken for a girl before they saw my head.
and i've had many compliments on how good i look in a skirt - usually including being sworn at (in jest) because my legs are better.
and i can walk better in heels than some GGs!!

anyway, girls wear jeans/trousers so why can't boys wear skirts - and people can wear both!!
enough of the dichotomy - let's have some unity!

Butterfly Bill
06-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Kind of hard to pass when you've got a beard and speak in a bass voice.

Joy Carter
06-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Don't pass. Don't care. Just as long as I look good is all that counts. Is that the answer your looking for ?:D

Dixie
06-07-2007, 09:19 PM
I don't think I pass at all, and I don't care, that's why I find it so amazing that I fooled as many men as I did on my two outings.

AmberCdCutie
06-07-2007, 09:46 PM
well...i haven't gone out before, (where i think i would be
concerned about being passable [at least for a while])...

but at home, like some others said: it's just for me
and if it feels good, then awesome.

StephanieT
06-07-2007, 10:57 PM
I really don't want to pass. I do my dressing in private. With a moustache, 6'1 in height, size 14 shoes, and 225lbs I could never pass. It is just something I enjoy for myself.

StephanieT

chucks
06-07-2007, 11:12 PM
hey yeah i want to do this too! i haven't gone out to work or anything yet but when school starts in the fall i plan on going to class in dress :) with a plain face.

mikala
06-07-2007, 11:39 PM
I love to pass, makes me feel sooooo good. I weight 152 now, before I was over 200, but now I am pretty slim. With good rear padding and glue on boobs, great wigs, I can do it. My shoulder are a little wider, but Iwear complementary stuff that hides that fact.

Angie G
06-07-2007, 11:46 PM
I can;t pass and don't try I just love wearing girl thing and it;s ok with my wife so I've got it made :hugs:
Angie

Diane1950
06-07-2007, 11:51 PM
I too am a private, at-home dresser and I never give a thought to whether I can pass. It just doesn't matter to me. For me, cd-ing is about feelings rather than appearances

Joni Beauman
06-07-2007, 11:52 PM
I like to try - pass that is. For some reason that is fundamental to dressing for me, I want to pass when out (rather than pass on going out). Saves on a lot of ridicule and risk. Next week I get to try for first time in quite a while. Perhaps the new skirt and top I am wearing that my wife and I bought together a few days ago....still hard to believe. Joni

Emma England
06-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Most crossdressers would like to pass as appearing completely feminine.

Is this because they have a fear of being ridiculed by being a guy in girls clothes?

There is nothing wrong with a man passing as a woman.

There is nothing wrong with a man being a man and just wearing girly clothing/accessories.

Both are ok for me.

I think when you mature enough to not care what anyone else thinks, then you will dress how you feel on any given day.

Here in the UK, it is quite warm (Sky News said that it would be 25c).
For me guys that wear pants and sweat are stupid.
I have on at the mo an above the knee denim skirt, but am not making an attempt to pass.
I am comfortable in both my mind and my body.

rose382832
06-08-2007, 08:26 AM
i dont think i have any chance of passing but still love to play dressup.i even go out that way from time to time when i feel that the environment is safe for me, my wife and my otherself.:happy:

carolinebrookes
06-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Being totally honest, I make as much effort to pass as possible.
I may be read in certain situations, but hopefully they are few.
For some, the need to pass is great. There is nothing better than going shopping or dining, or to see a movie and people not batting an eyelid at my appearance. It means that I'm blending in and all the effort to get ready has been worth it.

I also see it from the other point of view whereby folks don't feel the need to pass, and if that works for them, then all well and good.
We each have our own ways in which we like to present or look. In my book, there is nothing wrong with whatever you choose to do.

So.... good luck on whatever path you go down. Just enjoy it!

MsJanessa
06-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Good for you Hon----its really not about passing because, believe Me, unless you are petite and slim---(say 5'7" and 140 lbs and under) and have feminine facial features there is no way you are going to pass 100 % of the time---at least not as an attractive GG--I do know some T-Girls who don't look like that and who do pass but they look like our maiden aunts---heavy and dressing dowdy--for My money I would rather be a beautiful, glamorous T-Girl than a plain jane GG any day of the week. The goal is to look good but to be yourself. Hold you head high.

Marla S
06-08-2007, 10:39 AM

Similar, which doesn't prevent ;) me from getting a "Ma'am next pay desk please, this one is closed" from time to time or "You look like a woman" from my neighbours son.

lynnmcarthur
06-08-2007, 11:03 AM
I don't pass at my height and body type, I never will. However, that doesn't change the fact that I am tg. I ahve adopted and androg approach to clothes and it seems to pass

RobertaFermina
06-08-2007, 03:31 PM
For me, just wearing what I want regardless of how I look would be progress.
I want to pass.
While I often impress, I do not pass.
I have found a way to be Attractive, Alluring, and Accepted as a cute or handsome (in feminine sense) TG.
I don't have the balls to just wear what feels good, and damn the makeup!
Not surprising, since I thrive on interaction with others while dressed.
If people did not compliment my looks, I just wouldn't do it.

In a word.....I*AM*VAIN*AND*LOVING*IT*!!!!!!!

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Kathielynne
06-08-2007, 03:53 PM
I think the kick behind passing is that at least for a short while, you get to live as the other half. You blend in. You get to be a girl and do girl things. If you're really lucky and dressed and made up well, you're in the zone. You become the girl you look like. When you're in the zone, you pass and everyone that sees and comes in contact with you thinks you're a real girl - because you think you're a real girl. It really is about confidence and having fun. When you are in the zone, you can do anything and get away with it!

Kathielynne :gorgeous:

Rachael Warren
06-08-2007, 04:11 PM
I don't believe that I pass for toffee, doesn't stop me going out though.

Passing is not something any of us can do 100%, even after surgery.

All I do is go out and most of the time I get away with it.

I'm 5' 8" and less than 140lbs, I have reasonable features, I DON'T PASS.

I am however accepted within the company I keep, and thats much better! ;)

mellisa
06-11-2007, 07:33 AM
for all the comments and opinions.I like knowing what everyone thinks about me and how I dress. A BIG thanks :D goes out to Rita!!!

kittu_80
06-11-2007, 08:03 AM
ur dress is very good.it is comfort wen ur in office.

Karren H
06-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Never took the time to ask anyone if they though I was or wasn't a female... Always thought it would be fun to take a pole..... And its not about looks anyway... Its 90% attitude.. If you have an attitude that projects that you belong there dressed as you are, then no one will question your presentation and give you a second glance...

Hell I've seen many real women that I've actually had to look twice to verify what gender they really were.. Same with a few guys too...

And yeah I like to look good when I go out enfemme.. Guess I'm vain like that..... But what others think or don't think isn't my concern....

Karren

kaitlin
06-11-2007, 11:00 AM
I do enjoy dressing but there is no way I could ever pass. I may have a female mindset but I am built completely male. (yuck) Although I hate sports, I am more linebacker than cute. Kaitlin

Mitch23
06-11-2007, 11:02 AM
It was quite an issue with me when I first went out en femme - less so now. I think more about confidence and attitude, as Kathie says, being in the zone. If you think and act like a girl then you are generally regarded as a girl, regardless of what you look like. Somebody said to me the other day that I'm vain - yes I am and I love it! I don't pass - the bottom line is I'm a guy in a frock but what the heck!

Mitch

gennee
06-11-2007, 11:03 AM
It doesn't matter whether or not I pass. I just love to dress and to be outside.

Gennee

:happy:

prettywithsideburns
06-11-2007, 11:23 AM
I think my name says it all.

Cindi Johnson
06-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Being thin and not muscular, I’m able to pass fairly well, although when I speak it tends to subvert my efforts.

However, I do repeatedly frequent places where I’m known to be a CD (for instance, a neighborhood Starbucks). So I guess it’s not a big deal whether I pass or not, otherwise I wouldn’t go back to those places where I’ve been read.

Yet I do strongly identify in many respects with real GG’s, and therefore it is a given that I do to appear and act as much as possible as a woman. Which is also the definition of passing.

So yes, I always try to pass, and I’m thrilled when I do. But in doing so I’m not trying to deceive or fool anyone. I’m just trying to be me. “Passing” is a measure of how successful I am at being me.

Plus, as others have mentioned on this thread, the better a TG passes the less attention she gets as she goes about her business. Trying one’s best to pass can make a CD’s life much less stressful and much more enjoyable.

Cindi Johnson

JoAnnDallas
06-11-2007, 01:11 PM
For many years, I thought I would never pass, so only went out after dark and not very far. Since March 2005, I have now gone out in the daylight, bought gasoline for the SUV, walked into the station store and bought a bottle of water, did the same at a 7/11, then went to a Payless Shoe Store and tryed on shoes for over 30 minutes and bought a pair. I tryed to stay calm, head high, smile on my face, tried to act like any other female, and no one gave me a second glance. The first time I bought a bottle of water, the cleck and another customer were talking when I walked in, they stopped talking and looked at me, I smiled, and they went back talking. I guess I was just another female customer to them. When I paid, I got "Evening Maam, that will be $1.09 Maam, have a nice eveing Maam". Confidence building all the way. LOL I even had to use my fem voice at Payless and again no one paid any attention to me. I even had a customer tell their daughter, "Come over here and leave the lady alone". Huge confidence boost, LOL

Katrina
06-11-2007, 04:04 PM
I so rarely get to go out as Katrina, even less so in the summer when its oppressively hot out. I spend most of my time not passing. I have gone out a few times in heels in guy mode though. What a rush.

sandra-leigh
06-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Plus, as others have mentioned on this thread, the better a TG passes the less attention she gets as she goes about her business.

I think I would modify that a bit: that tbe more natural a TG acts, the less attention they get. The downer, what people pay attention to and scowl at, is someone "acting weird".

I've gone out as a gut in a denim skirt (long or midi) and people didn't pay attention (or if they did the attention was positive). People don't pay attention to my tops and blouses (in gut mode), or smile at them. But I admit I haven't tied a really decorative skirt or a dress while in "just going about my business" guy mode (I've done both in limited interactions like going into a convenience store.)

Ooooh... talk about your Freudian slips -- I meant to write "as a guy", not "as a gut", but as I could stand to lose some belly, perhaps the original is more appropriate :o

cindi51
06-12-2007, 12:36 AM
My objective is not to pass as a woman, I just like to dress for my own enjoyment. And passing is not very realistic given the 6'4 body I have to work with. So I just keep my hobby at home.

MsJanessa
06-12-2007, 06:48 AM
I so rarely get to go out as Katrina, even less so in the summer when its oppressively hot out. I spend most of my time not passing. I have gone out a few times in heels in guy mode though. What a rush.
Well if your photo is any indication, you really wouldn't have much of a problem going out as Katrina

tall sam
06-12-2007, 10:24 AM
I would just love to pass but also have a problem with height - I'm 6'6''!!
SO its pretty much a home think although this has family restrictions.
I have gone out before and put alot of effort into make-up and looking good but I still got lots of weird looks and strange comments. These pretty much ruined the evening as I was really excited about going out and being treated fem!

JoAnnDallas
06-12-2007, 10:37 AM
I guess being 5' 9" tall and wieghting 150 pounds has really helped me in going out and passing. My wife is 5' 8" and most of the women in our office are in the same range.

Rhonda El Dorado
06-12-2007, 11:34 AM
that is my dream of dreams, but realistically most likely won't happen and I don't fret about it. Dressing for me is a private thing I only share with two other men that appreciate me for me. I feel very fem and almost complete when dressed in my other self's wardrobe. I have been shopping at Target and Penny's for sometime now and after the first few wierd looks I don't think twice about buying lingerie and outerwear for myself. I am not fem appearing so the looks are amusing to me. Rhonda

Holly2
06-12-2007, 03:11 PM
I can pass if I really work at it but I dress for the fun of it and for the relaxing and sexy way it makes me feel.....

Frankie-Dear
06-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Passing, for me, is kind of the goal I'm shooting for. I don't know why... I suspect that the motives for crossdressing are as numerous as there are, crossdressers, and that's okay. It really IS how you feel about yourself. A man or gurl who is comfortable and confident in themselves, (and this goes for genetic women, too!) are damn sexy and exciting and comfortable to be around.

Just BE. YOURSELF. Whether in drab, en femme, or something in between. Be good to yourself. Love yourself. Have compassion for yourself. And... indeed: For the narrowness and self-imposed shackles that other people live under.

cindi51
06-13-2007, 02:23 AM
I like to dress for the office when I work at home, but wigs are just too hot. I don't worry about passing cuz I don't leave the hose dressed and its not a realistic option for me to fool anyone.

You can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself.

mellisa
06-13-2007, 03:41 AM
Thank you Holly2, and Cindi51. Cindi51, it sounds like we have alot in common with the office thing.

yms
06-13-2007, 04:51 AM
I try to look as "passable" as possible, but I know I don't, and when I'm out I don't try. The big thing for me was beard shadow. I wouldn't leave the house until I had it covered. I've since had laser treatments. I wish I'd done it sooner!

My voice, while not deep, is not the voice of a woman's, and at first I would try not to talk to people. That was stressfull. I've found though that if I'm friendly and just being myself, and seem like I'm OK with myself, people are OK with me, so now I don't worry about my voice.

I agree with the folks here who said that looking the best you can is more important than passing. I try to make a good first impression.

Yvonne

Chantelle CD
06-13-2007, 05:03 AM
I dont try to pass, dont think i could, I'm 6'3'' 170 lbs, about a size 14/16 cant hide my guy hands<lots of veins> guy arms, big nose, brow, and dont have a femme voice at all. The wife says i can never pass as a woman, but thats just cause she loves da man, but no matter how hard i try, the male in me pops back from time to time when i forget what I'm wearing. Those times ill get had for sure, just to tall, if i was shorter, i would try for it, rarely see a woman my hight, only one and think she was a CD. I just dress for me, let my woman shine on threw, feel great, and enjoy. And lovin every min of it :D

Chantelle