PDA

View Full Version : on the cusp

dds
06-07-2007, 06:50 PM
I feel that my CDing is on the cusp between being a very private thing (shared only with my SO on occasion) and wanting to be dressed and out with other people. I have dressed privately for years and never felt any need to go any further, but lately I keep fantasizing about getting dressed up completely and going out and being around other people. Unfortunately, I don't know if I'm in a place right now to actually accomplish that, but I think about it often. Have any of you felt this same sort of transitional phase?

racquel
06-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Yes.Most times I want to be around others.It kind of validates us I think.:2c:

Kristen Marie
06-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Many stay private most of their lives. I could count on my hand the number of times I ventured outside even for just two steps, and then retreated quickly inside. I just wasn't ready.

But these last two years the urge to get out and be around other dressers or even GG's was very strong and since the first of this year, I have been out and about several times....and each time it gets easier.

It's always good to be with a small group rather than alone. See if there are some people locally you can connect with. Even my electrolysis (a female) who has seen my pictures always asks me to come over and dress at her place. She really wants to do my make-up. There are opportunities out there! Go with your feelings!!!

Deanna2
06-07-2007, 07:04 PM
You may be in a transitional phase or you might just be fantasizing. Either way the future is a lot of fun. If the former happens enjoy it. If it is only the latter, then that can be fun too.

Remember though that to achieve something you have to dream it first.

KarenMichelleLuv
06-07-2007, 08:12 PM
May I call you DD?,

Your progression in your cross dressing to the point where it would be nice to be out with other people is perfectly normal. You already have crossed one of the largest hurdles by coming out to your SO. Whether your new found confidence comes from your comfort level en femme and/or from your desire to mingle and interact with others not only as a male but as a CD en personality [DD] is unimportant. This confidence is feeding your fantasy. It will also feed your desire to have [DD] meet your internal standard of excellence which will continue to build your confidence.

I agree with Kristen who said:

Many stay private most of their lives. I could count on my hand the number of times I ventured outside even for just two steps, and then retreated quickly inside. I just wasn't ready.

Karen Michelle has been operating in Closet/Stealth mode for most of her existence. Yet her several times out and about in “full public” mode were heaven, if not a little nerve racking at first. Remember, once that confidence is gained, it’s hard to put it back in the perfume bottle.

So, your need to eventually bring [DD] into public will eventually push you towards this decision, one way or the other. Make sure that when this occurs, that it is executed on your terms, not by accident.

My first trip fully out en femme was to window shop alone at a local tourist shopping center in the marina, in the rain no less. But that inclement weather gave me the extra cover I needed for my first time out. I still have the red umbrella I used when walking from my car to the outside wood walkways of the center. I can still hear the report from my boots on the decks. I still can feel the warmth of the full length long sleeve jersey print dress I was wearing. And to make sure that KM was regarded by any who looked upon her as feminine, I brazenly wore my light rain coat untied.

By the way, I ran into another CD during that first trip out. We talked once when looking at some coupons being offered by a funny barker in the parking lot. To this day, I don't know if she read me and came to my nervousness or if this was just a lucky coincidence. I was too nervous to ask her about her status or to make new friends so we parted never to see each other again.

"I can't swim....Are you kidding, the fall will probably kill you!" Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Moral: Nope, the fall didn't kill me!

Joy Carter
06-07-2007, 10:03 PM
DD in my case it just validate my feelings as a transgendered woman. Being out that is. I hated that fact I wasn't going out dressed as the gender of my preference. Plus I felt dirty and unfit dressing for no good reason. Now I just go and to hell with what others may think.

Michelle (Oz)
06-07-2007, 10:17 PM
About 15 months ago I decided that I wanted to go out en femme. I worked toward that goal and 4 months later went to a function of a tri-ess group. Never looked back. Next week I plan on flying en femme in Australia ... that is causing the same nerves and sense of anticipation as I had that first time out.

If you want to go out in public chose a safe environment. Also, make sure that you are not exceeding your wife's boundaries.

Michelle (Oz)

Dixie
06-07-2007, 10:53 PM
For years I wanted to go out dressed but lacked the courage. My wife even tried to encourage me to go out picking safe times like Halloween for a debut but I stedfastly refused. Last Halloween I just decided that the time had come and did it, WOW now I am hooked!:drink:

SandyR
06-07-2007, 11:28 PM
After just comming out to my wife last year we are still trying to figure things out, but she is very supportive. I have been out (what a rush)..Tonight I dressed up, went down the elevator to the snack maching and out side for a bit.

Best advice, take it slow and be careful. Once you come out, you can never go back in....and its a good thing.

Hugs.

SandyR

Suzie S.
06-08-2007, 05:45 AM
Yes, I have thoughts about going out in public also. I think about it quite a bit. I know it's something I feel I need to try. I'm in the closet to everyone but my wife, but right now she is not ready for this step, and I would never do it behind her back. I've done the halloween thing several times and adored every minute of it. Don't know if and when it will happen, but time will tell.