PDA

View Full Version : Class Reunion

Glenda58
06-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Sat. is my fortieth class reunion. I haven't seen these people in forty years.
My big question is do I go dressed or as the person they all knew? I have the prefect dress for the reunion plus heels.

Joy Carter
06-07-2007, 09:42 PM
It this a class reunion or a Glenda coming out party ?:D

helen.in.va
06-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Personally, I wouldn't go. What do I care about people I haven't seen in 40 years? Seems it would serve no purpose other than 'shock and awe'.

gmss
06-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Although I think there is alot of truth in that, helen, I also think that sometimes people "just don't keep in touch". I have a number of friends that I haven't spoken to or emailed in years. Sometimes it's just tough to stay in contact.

So although 98% of people at my own high school reunion might not interest me, if I catch up with a handful of decent people, it's worth it. Jus my 0.02.

I spent a year in VA, and loved it. Weather's great. People are great. Fabulous state.

If it were me, glenda, I'd go in guy mode. After not seeing people for so long, there will probably be lots of surprises already. Again, if it were me.

helen.in.va
06-07-2007, 10:10 PM
and I agree with your point, sherry. But if that's the case, I would not dress en femme.
Yes, I love Virginia, except it's supposed to be 100 tomorrow.

Glenda58
06-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the in put. No it's not a coming out party. I am already out to the world. And just the way I meet people who are stranges and they become friends. I might find some new friends with some of the old classmates. You can never have enough friends. Some I better get my suit ready.

Mitzi
06-08-2007, 12:55 AM
A girl I knew in a chat room a few years back, went to one of her reunions en femme. It was something like the 30th or 35th.

She was around 6 feet tall, went in 4" heels. She said no one recognized her at first, people thought she was someone's wife. Eventually one of her high school buddies realized who she was. She said everyone treated her really well, and had a great evening.

Mitzi

rachel_rachel
06-08-2007, 02:26 AM
40 years have passed, you never know someone else may just be debating the same thing. You never know, stranger things can happen.

Kate Simmons
06-08-2007, 02:52 AM
HMMM--Funny you should mention this Glenda. I was just looking at my High School yearbooks the other night, wondering how I would have stacked up against the girls if I had come out back then and thinking how nice it would have been to have my Senior picture en femme. I missed my 40th reunion a couple of years ago. The only thing I think might happen is that the "girls" from my class would no doubt be jealous that I look better than they do. You never know though, one gal I graduated with, I worked with for a number of years until we both took the retirement package at 55. I thought we both looked a hell of a lot better at that age than we did at 18. You never know, sometimes time is good to some folks and some folks not.:happy:

michellecd_ne
06-08-2007, 06:12 AM
if you want to get crazy, go half the night in guy mode, then change into fem clothes and introduce yourself as your g/f or wife.

Emily Ann Brown
06-08-2007, 07:24 AM
What if you went as Glenda and didn't mention who they knew you as? You could enjoy a reunion and avoid all the jerks you went to school with. Chances are nobody would say more than "Oh yeah Glenda, I remember you now." (LIAR) If somebody appeared you really wanted to out yourself to then do it.

Emily Ann

Robin Leigh
06-08-2007, 08:37 AM
If you live en femme 24/7, and you're comfortable with the whole idea, then go en femme. It sounds like a good opportunity for a bit of TG outreach work to me.

:hugs:

Robin

Tamara Croft
06-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Personally, I wouldn't go. What do I care about people I haven't seen in 40 years? Seems it would serve no purpose other than 'shock and awe'.This isn't about you is it? whether you care or not, it's not your reunion, don't be such a grouch... :rolleyes:

As for going enfemme... up to you isn't it. This is a reunion, not a coming out party ;) you might end up being the talk of the whole party, something you want? or would you rather it be something you remember for a long time to come? I'm not saying it might end up bad, but you know what people are like... whatever you decide, I hope you have a great night :D

Stephenie S
06-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Yeah, I agree with Robin. I think it depends entirely on how comfortable you are as Glenda. If you will be constantly worrying about how others see you then stay home or go as Glen. Otherwise, have a good time Glenda! Whoopee!

Lovies,
Stephenie

Denielleinheels
06-08-2007, 08:42 AM
I think it could be real fun... and after all, if you feelmore comfortable en femm why not?

SANDRA MICHELLE
06-08-2007, 09:46 AM
I have been out of high school for 33 years and when my 40th comes up I hope to be able to go as Sandra Michelle, it would be a big step but that is my plan as of now. I think if you are comfortable with yourself than it really doesn't matter who you go as, and so what if you become the talk of the reunion, at this age we really need to enjoy life and take in all the best we can.
Good luck at the reunion!

fredgregjoe
06-08-2007, 11:03 AM
if you want to get crazy, go half the night in guy mode, then change into fem clothes and introduce yourself as your g/f or wife.
it sounds like an episode of lucy or the flinstones or something.
But with a CDing twist. XD

Chrysoprase
06-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Sat. is my fortieth class reunion. I haven't seen these people in forty years.
My big question is do I go dressed or as the person they all knew? I have the prefect dress for the reunion plus heels.

Dress as the person you are. If I went, I certainly wouldn't make an effort to hide just to please people that I haven't seen in 40 years. 40 years makes them strangers even if you know their name. More of a stranger then the cable guy or the UPS driver or the bus driver or the register people at Rosaurs.

Angie G
06-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Go for it if thats what you want you most likely won't ever see them again
:hugs:
Angie

Eileen
06-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Glenda you are out and comfortable with who you are. There is no way to know how the night will go. You should do what will you will be comfortable with and will make you happy. I have a reunion coming up this year and if I decide to go, Eileen will be going. But that is just me.

Eileen

SherriePall
06-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Glenda -- Hope I'm not adding fuel to the fire, but I just doublechecked a website -- TGtoday.com -- and the girl on the site went to her high school reunion dressed. Had her nails, etc., done before time and all. The story is there with plenty of pics (including her dancing with some of the guys!). She had a blast. The story and pics are listed under her out and about adventures. Some of you may already know about this site.

Wendy me
06-08-2007, 12:41 PM
totally your call to go as "HER" or "HIM"???? ....that's something only you can answer ..... give it some thought and you will do what you think is right .....

insearchofme
06-08-2007, 06:17 PM
I was on the committee for our 35th reunion and I found that people our age are a lot more understanding and tolerant as the years have gone by. Our 40th is also this year and even though I moved away I'm going and I feel that if I were to come dressed I'd get teased a bit but for the most part they'd accept me and we'd all have fun with it. Except for my wife she'd be pi**ed!

susiej
06-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Glenda,

Would it be unusual for you to dress as a guy for a party? That is, do you present most of the time as a woman in social situations? How many of the last dozen parties you have gone to have you been en femme? If a lot, there's absolutely no reason not to dress for this one -- in fact, you would be cheating yourself of your identity, not to mention probably a really great time -- by not doing so.

If, on the other hand, there's something special about doing this for your reunion, perhaps you should consider it a "coming out" party, even if it's just for your former classmates. Still might be a good idea, but this distinction might help you get a grip on it.

Another way to make the decision would be to ask, "what's the worst that could happen?". As long as you are out, you won't be giving away any secrets, and I also agree that it's very unlikely that anybody in your 1967 HS graduating class is like to behave cruelly to you. You'll probably have a great time!

Hugs,
Susie

AllieSF
06-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Glenda, go as whatever makes you feel the most comfortable. And please share ther results with us all. Good luck and have a great time.

Leah B
06-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Give 'em somethin' to gossip about! I'd LOVE to see a former classmate do/be something completely unexpected. Oh, the valedictorian is on parole? The bully is an interior decorator? Great stuff!

TxKimberly
06-08-2007, 10:22 PM
That's a tough one Glenda, but it all depends on YOU. I personaly could not do it - I would have a lot of trouble talking to guys I had been macho with.

Kim

Glenda58
06-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Thanks you all for your thoughts on my reunion but my job made it a moot point. Had to work till almost time to go didn't have the time get and dressed. So went as a guy they knew. Did make new friends so all not lost.

Mary Morgan
06-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Glenda, I would think about the comfort level for all concerned remembering that the occassion is a re-union. Get everyone's addresses and consider how and when to tell them so that you are in control to the extent that one might be in control. Personally, I think re-unions are silly after about 20 years.

joann07
06-11-2007, 09:50 AM
My 20 year is next month and, as much as I'd like to go to it in femme,
I can't because its a small town and a lot of my former classmates still live there, as well as family and friends.
Word would spread like wildfire and eventually my family found out from the grapevine. :o