PDA

View Full Version : All You Need Is Confidence

Glenda58
06-07-2007, 10:13 PM
I went out last night meet some of the girls in Royal Oak. Had to park and walk by side walk cafés and ice cream stores with people sitting there taking in the evening. Nobody look twice or pointed. After getting with the girls one of said that had come in with my head held high and the walk of confidence.
After talking a while we came to the conclusion that if we show confidence in what we are doing and don't let other people control what we do. We all could go en femme and maybe not pass but be respected when out.

Joy Carter
06-07-2007, 10:21 PM
I went out last night meet some of the girls in Royal Oak. Had to park and walk by side walk cafés and ice cream stores with people sitting there taking in the evening. Nobody look twice or pointed. After getting with the girls one of said that had come in with my head held high and the walk of confidence.
After talking a while we came to the conclusion that if we show confidence in what we are doing and don't let other people control what we do. We all could go en femme and maybe not pass but be respected when out.

As a nice outfit would help immensely. :D

Glenda. Royal Oak kicks butt if your into atmosphere.

SandyR
06-07-2007, 10:30 PM
So True Glenda! I am 6' 2", and about 193...I could stand out like a sore thumb.

I spend alot of time working on my voice, walking, just acting the part. I went out tonight (avitair is from today) and no one looked twice (man in the elivator was so nice held the door open and said "hello mam"). Confidence is a big part of it.

Hugs.

SandyR

Chrysoprase
06-07-2007, 10:41 PM
This is definatly true.
Acting as if you belong in a place really will carry over to other people and at some point, even if you do pass well, there will be a situation where you won't pass and usually it goes very well. Never hide at home because you "can't pass". Every CD,TS,Pre-op,non-op has an ID with your actual name and gender on it. At some point you will have a situation where even if you aren't "read" some stranger will have proof that your a man in a dress. It might be a cop, a sales assistant needing ID for a credit card etc. It happened at a gas station to me a few days ago. The debit card wouldn't read at the pump, car was on fumes, no cash and "see attendant" on the screen. So you grab your purse walk in hand him the card with the male name on it and say "$20 on pump 4 please."

Most people really don't care and it really does go well.