PDA

View Full Version : Read, but worth it.

Maddie Knight
03-04-2005, 06:09 AM
My fiance and I have just been away for a few days for her birthday. Anyway we went to a desiger outlet village to do some shopping (me in drab). We went into one shop (very expencive) and at the back were reduced items. I searced through the dresses not noticing lisa had wandered off to another part of the store. Found a beautiful black dress reduced from £59.99 to £6.75 in my size, well I had to have it. Turned around and there was an old bloke in a wheel chair staring at me. I think he suspected somthing from the look he gave me :eek: . Found lisa and went to pay, the lady on the till looked at the dress size, looked at lisa, at me and then gave a very disproving look. I don't care, I got the dress and if fits and looks wonderful :p . Read twice in one shop, was it worth it YES!!! :D

Tristen Cox
03-04-2005, 06:20 AM
Ahh the heck with them :p Bet they're jealous and wish that they could have the courage you do. That's a great bargain, good show Maddie.

Love
Tristen

Wendy me
03-04-2005, 07:14 AM
and you got your new dress .............all that matters...........good work.........

Shining Star
03-04-2005, 07:24 AM
good for you dont let any one make you stop being you and who cares what others think it is your life and live it how ever you want to

DonnaT
03-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Good for you Maddie. I wouldn't let what anyone else think hinder me either.

I wonder what the old bloke was doing in the dress section? ;)

Carrah
03-04-2005, 08:07 AM
Many shops where I live hire nothing but short term, part time employees. So, I can go in, be read or at least suspected, wait a month or so and the shop will have a whole new set of employees. Not everywhere, of course, but a lot of them are like this. Anyway, so what. I walked into a shop one day and asked for help buying stuff for myself! Of course, I lied; I said I had lost a bet with my girlfriend and had to dress like a woman and cook dinner for two weeks. That female employee loved the idea!

LindaTS
03-04-2005, 09:13 AM
I never worry about being read. It must happen to most of us ocassionally and I just ignore it. Or give them a big smile.

Jiera
03-04-2005, 09:19 AM
I wonder what the old bloke was doing in the dress section? ;)

Why, "shopping for his wife," of course!

Ji

Julie
03-04-2005, 03:28 PM
Well done on the purchase Maddie, I hope you enjoy the dress. I don't suppose the old guy in the wheelchair was staring at you because he was after the dress as well. :)

JJ

Rachael Lynn
03-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Just goes to show ya, nothing can stop a bargain shopper!

Way to go Maddie!

My best to everyone

Rachael Lynn