PDA

View Full Version : My goodness, what an opportunity!

Lisa Maren
06-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Hi all!

I'm going to a sing-along version of the musical Grease this evening with my brother's girlfriend and a few other people. We're going to be wearing costumes (like so many others would in San Francisco) and I got a message from my brother's girlfriend saying they're doing the slumber party scene for costumes -- which is an all girls scene! They said they have some ladies' things I can wear if I want to!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Oh my goodness, there just may be some wonderful pictures of me on the internet tonight!

Wish me luck! I'll let you know what happens! I am certainly going to try to get up the nerve to do this. Women's night wear though? Hmmmm. I'd do women's street wear in a heartbeat, but the night wear feels a bit... I don't know. It's not as if anyone would bat an eye in San Francisco! I think I'm feeling that I'm concerned people would think me a freak rather than merely a crossdresser, which I would not mind in the least.

I'm going to try to garner up the nerve. Hopefully they'll "pressure me into it". LMAO

Hugs,
Lisa

Valerie Nicole
06-08-2007, 07:02 PM
I say do it. If it's a costume function anyway, nobody will care. I know I've always wanted dressing to be somebody else's idea, lol. Sounds like a good opportunity to me.

Ashleigh
06-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Just let down and have fun!

A :doll:

AllieSF
06-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Enjoy your evening, don't let them beak your arm twisting it, and please post ther results, with pics if possible. I am remembering that PJ Party scene right now. It was a good one too.

Holly
06-08-2007, 10:33 PM
I hope you had a great time at the slumber party, Lisa (we know you did it ;)). Pics?

Wenda
06-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Incredible, exceptional, once in a lifetime opportunity. If you don't do it, don't tell us..

Lisa Maren
06-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Hi all!

I did it! I went over to my brother's apartment (which he shares with his girlfriend, who put this all together). They had pajama costumes and they had one dress. She said I could wear that and just be "going to the big dance". I was nervous but they have a picture of Amelia Earheart on their bedroom wall and I thought, "there's a brave woman who wasn't afraid to explore new territory." She inspired me to be bold as well!

I pointed at the dress and said, "What's the rest of that costume?"

I ended up wearing the dress (a white, vintage dress, perhaps tricot? Anyway, it was lovely, and not unlike the one Sandy wears in the big dance scene), a strapless bra stuffed with thick socks, a big fat white head band over my own hair (which is long enough to be a very feminine look even if not pageboy-length yet), Some low heeled shoes, cotton socks, a sweater that ties in the front at the waist and a faux mink stole on top of that. I have my ears pierced now, so I already had the studs in. She put light makeup on me, too! I was wearing panties, too -- they didn't know about that part. :D

I knew all the tips she gave me, too. I knew to turn the bra around and fasten up front before I heard her recommend doing so through the door. It was all I could do not to laugh!

I looked good enough that my sister remarked that I would probably be hit on (that never happened, though).

Once we were properly in costume, we got in my brother's car (his girlfriend was driving; he couldn't come). We drove to a restaurant in the Castro area and had dinner in full costume, me in my dress and everything. Oh, how good that felt!

Then we went to the show at the Castro theater. It was such a blast! At the beginning, before they started the film, they called up all the people who were in costume to come up on stage. I kid you not! My brother's girlfriend, my own sister, and the two other members of our party who were all doing the slumber party scene got second prize! The winner was a small girl and I couldn't see what she was dressed as.

Afterwards, we went to a Karaoke bar but I changed out of the dress first. I wasn't sure if it would be such a good idea to be in a dress in a south-of-market bar late at night full of drunk men. San Francisco is really friendly for us, but that doesn't mean we're free of danger here. Let's face it, some people are nasty drunks! lol

The karaoke was fun, too! What a night! I am proud of myself for doing it. I can't wait until next time. Meanwhile, I have got to get out more often!

As soon as I get pics, I'll post them for you. My sister's putting them up on her MySpace page. Eh. I don't really care. My Halloween pics are already up there anyway! lol

Hugs,
Lisa

Roberta Lynn
06-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Great story Lisa! Sounds like you had a wonderful time as 'Sandy'
Thanks for sharing it with us :happy:

trannie T
06-10-2007, 12:30 AM
I was in San Francisco this week and saw the ads for 'Grease' at the Castro Theater. I wished that I could have extended my stay a few more days. Now I really wish I could have been there. Glad you had a good time.

When anyone goes to San Francisco the Castro Theater is a must see.

O2B Barbara
06-10-2007, 07:45 AM
Enjoy to opportunity!