PDA

View Full Version : Finding Time to Dress??

Raychel
06-08-2007, 08:40 PM
So with the typical summer time life going on here. Working a million hours a week, Home repairs, Kids stuff and Wife stuff. No time at all to relax and be me.

How do you find time for yourself??

alexis GG
06-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Speaking on my SO's behalf that is a bloody good question.......... Dunno how, specially through the holiday period, but we've managed it. Although it depends on if you have a supporting SO. If you aint then yu could adopt late nights i suppose. Not ideal I know....... but that is the best thing I could come up with at this late hour (BST).

:hugs:

alexis

Barb Valentine
06-08-2007, 10:48 PM
With my wife working steady midnights
I find a couple of hours a night if I feel like it
And with no children to worry about
I guess I have it petty good
(Or at least I think so)

Suzie S.
06-09-2007, 03:58 AM
Raychel, that is a good question! Times are much less frequent for me in the summer months. Although we don't have children, there are still so many other chores and commitments that put a damper on things for me. Even thought my wife knows about Suzie, there is still little time. My work hours increase(I do a lot of landscaping, and mow and trim lawns all day). Then I come home and have 2 acres to take care of here. I also have to take care of my mom's property every Saturday. Then there's the pool, which I do love, but it takes a lot of daily upkeep.

Summer is a double edge sword. It means less time to dress for me. On the upside, my wife and I are the outdoor type. Gardening, yard chores, and sunning ourselves by the pool are what we live for. I enjoy the summer, and all that goes with it, so I just try to focus on other things and not think about dressing so much. Most of the time it works, but I do have my moments when it starts driving me crazy.

I take an hour or so before work a couple days a week for myself, but it's sometimes too much to bother with for just an hour. Since I'm an early riser, it seems to be the only available time. Note what time I posted this reply, LOL! :lol: Sat. and Sun. mornings I usually have about 3 or 4 hours, since I'm up so early. Wintertime is much easier because work hours change a bit, and no outdoor life going on. It's the only reason I don't mind winter, otherwise the cold weather sucks.

Raychel, I wish there was an easy solution to give you. I can't find one either. I suppose we just have to be the responsible adults that we are and do the daily grind. Putting cding at the bottom of a list has become routine, I'm sure you know what I mean.:sad: Times do arise every now and them, and when they do, you cherish them even more.

Sorry I've been rambling so long, you just hit a nerve that's been bothering me also. You're not alone Raychel, hang in there! Sometimes even just talking about it makes you feel a bit better. I hope I helped a little! See 'ya for a coffee at the shop later! :hugs:

Wendy me
06-09-2007, 05:42 AM
Raychel summer time love it.... OK my kids are grown and moved out ... and most times i can get 3 or 4 hours of good me time....that work ting i don't do any more although i can't say no to helping out .....3 or 4 days a week that cuts in on my me time .... like Suzie i do a lot of early days might be getting ready for the day and slip into something "COMFY".... i love my yard that takes a lot of time up but it can be a time to see just what you can wear out and no one notices ... short shorts .... tank tops even skirts....
and remember A/C is the CD'S best Friend ..... you won't feel like getting all prettied up if your sweating .... i have always had my space in our home my office/ gun room .... if i am in there and the door is locked it means don't disturb me i am busy .... good luck Raychel,or you could send the kids off to day camp...........

Raychel
06-09-2007, 07:05 AM
I suppose we just have to be the responsible adults that we are and do the daily grind.

You and I both know that you are right. But sometimes a few hours for yourself would be nice too. If there was only a way to get that happy medium.

Raychel summer time love it.... OK my kids are grown and moved out ... and most times i can get 3 or 4 hours of good me time....that work ting i don't do any more although i can't say no to helping out .....3 or 4 days a week that cuts in on my me time .... like Suzie i do a lot of early days might be getting ready for the day and slip into something "COMFY".... i love my yard that takes a lot of time up but it can be a time to see just what you can wear out and no one notices ... short shorts .... tank tops even skirts....
and remember A/C is the CD'S best Friend ..... you won't feel like getting all prettied up if your sweating .... i have always had my space in our home my office/ gun room .... if i am in there and the door is locked it means don't disturb me i am busy .... good luck Raychel,or you could send the kids off to day camp...........

Hmmm. Now you get me thinking. Send the wife and kids to
Wendy's Day Camp and Spa.

Not to far from here, only about a 45min drive.
I here this place offers a notification service that will call you when you family leaves the spa and heads for home. :heehee::heehee:

Wendy me
06-09-2007, 07:32 AM
lol your last line lol ..... it's the law of the house always call before you come home or come over ......

Raychel
06-09-2007, 07:38 AM
And this is one law that I am in favor of. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Angie G
06-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Time at home Monday-Friday gives me time to dress and I alway wearing pantie when not al work :hugs:
Angie

SarahLynn
06-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Even though i can't dress for the work i do i do under dress and let that be my outlet. My "me time". If i have a complaint about this it is that normaly i wear clothes which are tight fitting and sometimes the underwear shows so i have to be carefull and not wear those things which will show through.

Being at work 24-7 sucks sometimes.

lance

Dixie
06-09-2007, 10:18 AM
I under dress alot and even have every other friday or saturday when the kids spend the night at Grandma's. We don't dress all of these times but we do part of the time.