PDA

View Full Version : DJ Violet!

Violetgray
06-09-2007, 03:41 AM
Hello all, it is now probably about 3:25 AM and I am just returning from DJ'ing at the gothic Club Orpheus, officially the first paying gig that I have ever gotten as Violet.

Kele-de (the lady who runs the event) needed a replacement because her resident DJ called out. I volunteered to do so and she agreed! I wasn't going to go as Violet, but she put this on the flyer:

Join us tonight at Ascension! Resident dj's Lady Kele-De & sub-dj Violet (Baltimore's HOTTEST tranny!) take over the dj booth and requests are always welcome! FREE ENTRY & HAPPY HOUR from 9-10 as always! We offer much to everyone each week so come out and check out the treats we have in store for you! We guarentee it is unlike any other "goth/industrial" club in Baltimore!

So now Violet's gotta go!

Unfortunately my gf Tara had to watch her kid and so couldn't go, though she really wanted to.

Just one thing, my co-worker Jeff is coming to see me spin. He doesn't know that I dress up, but he's about to. I ask my girlfriend Tara whether I should warn him. To which she replied

"No. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH aw man now I'm really sad I can't go."

I get to the club and Kele-De is looking at me expectantly.

"Violet's in the bag" I tell her. She does her signature high pitched squeal and says "get changed, I'll give you a refresher on the DJ booth!

So I slipped on a ruffly-sleeved blouse, a lace skirt and some Mary Janes got started. There's alot more to being a DJ than pressing play as it turns out. Order of the songs and timeconstraints are an important part of it.

So I'm about half an hour into my set when Jeff comes in. He comes upstairs to the DJ booth and I meet him at the door. He's silent for a moment in confusion and then...

"WHAT THE F-----! Your prettier that on Halloween at work !"

then came the usually barrage of questions..

"Are you bi?" (no.)
"Do you dress like this often?"(yes)
"What does Tara think about this?" (she told me to get bigger breasts)

The great thing about goth clubs is that apparently a tranny with bright purple hair can walk into the womens bathroom and no one bats an eye! Did they read me? Hard to tell, because here they treat you the same whether they read you or not.

All in all It was a great experience, and there will be pics soon! Oh yes indeed!

Joy Carter
06-09-2007, 05:02 AM
[QUOTE=Violetgray;895970] (Baltimore's HOTTEST tranny!)

I gotta second that statement Violet !:D

Victoria Anne
06-09-2007, 05:26 AM
congrats Violet sounds like it was a great night and BTW I always thought you were a very pretty girl, my wife agree's. Cant wait to see those pics.

O2B Barbara
06-09-2007, 06:24 AM
Sounds like you had a godd time as well as letting a friend know the real you. If I ever get to Baltimore I will look up your club. Love to see the pictures.

SherriePall
06-09-2007, 08:09 AM
Violet, way to go, girl. Although it is too bad your gf couldn't make it. There's always next time.
P.S. Waiting to see the pics.

Angie G
06-09-2007, 08:28 AM
Thats great Violet can't wait for the pics hun :hugs:
Angie

battybattybats
06-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Simply awesome!
Sounds like a lot of fun.
One of these days I'll have to get to a goth club to explore the 'scene'. Being in a rural area goths are reasonably scarce. I normally am the lone goth in my circle or in a very small gloom (a term for a group of goths I once heard :devil:)

Dixie
06-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Violet you look great and congrats on a great adventure.:drink:

sandra-leigh
06-09-2007, 11:07 AM
So I'm about half an hour into my set when Jeff comes in. He comes upstairs to the DJ booth and I meet him at the door. He's silent for a moment in confusion and then...

"WHAT THE F-----! Your prettier that on Halloween at work !"

I'm having a bit of trouble making out Jeff's remark. Was it, "You're pretty than that on Halloween at work!", implying that he thought you've looked prettier in the past?? But that would imply he'd seen you "pretty" before?? I'm a bit confused?

Bobbi Lynn
06-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Congratulations!! Way to go! Is there more of being a Dj in the future?

KarenMichelleLuv
06-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Way to go girl...DJing at the last minute is always stressful...and you said you went as Violet too.

I can hardly wait to see the pictures.

Katrina
06-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Violet, that's great! Congrats on your first gig as Violet. I wish you advertised it here, as I might have tried to go. Let us know next time you have a gig...

Rachel Morley
06-09-2007, 06:43 PM
In a past life I was once a full time professional DJ working for an entertainments company. Only once did I dress en femme behind the decks. It was for a costume party of a GG friend of mine that booked us for her 25th birthday. I had a blast! Early on in the evening I remember I was getting some looks from a table of guys at the side of the room. You should have seen the reaction on their faces when I introduced myself over the mic with my guy voice! :eek:

Thanks for sharing - do think your friends will see you differently now they know - I'm thinking not.

N.J.
06-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Sounds like you had a great time and were a resounding success. Congratulations. That’s one thing to be said for the goth/industrial scene, perhaps the best thing, no mater what you come as you’re always yourself and people respect that. If you’re ever in London I recommend Slimelight on Saturday nights, just around the corner from Angel tube station. Alternative Culture is nice as well but only runs once a month at the Egg.

N.J.
GG

Violetgray
06-09-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm having a bit of trouble making out Jeff's remark. Was it, "You're pretty than that on Halloween at work!", implying that he thought you've looked prettier in the past?? But that would imply he'd seen you "pretty" before?? I'm a bit confused?

Sorry, that was a typo on my part. What he said was,
You're even prettier than you were on Halloween." Keep in mind this was Halloween though, the best cover day for trannies, so though he'd seen me dressed before, he was unaware it was something I did often.. And yes, pics coming soon! :-)

TxKimberly
06-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Awesome - Can't wait for the pics!
Kim

MoonBaby GG
06-09-2007, 09:22 PM
That’s one thing to be said for the goth/industrial scene, perhaps the best thing, no mater what you come as you’re always yourself and people respect that. If you’re ever in London I recommend Slimelight on Saturday nights, just around the corner from Angel tube station.

Ooooh, lovely! I have friends who visit London and recommend that place. The pictures I've seen are great.

Violet ~ if you are ever in Tampa, go to the Castle. I miss it a lot.

N.J.
06-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Ooooh, lovely! I have friends who visit London and recommend that place. The pictures I've seen are great.

If you're in town for a short time and want a guaranteed good night out Slimes is definitely the place. It’s technically the longest running goth/alternative venue in the world and you get everyone from original Batcavers to… well… everyone else. It’s good fun. :D

N.J.
GG