PDA

View Full Version : pink fog extractor

christina marie
06-09-2007, 09:30 AM
not one to ask for help much,as i am usually pretty level-headed(all things considered) but i think this time i need some advice. wife has been recovering from some pretty serious surgery, and i have been bustin' my bottom around the house to keep up, so she suggested i spend a little money on myself as a treat!well, give a kid a credit card and send them to the candy store! after a few trips to wallyworld and kohls, just couldn't find that special something, started looking around the web and OMF'NG! iwant one of these and two of those, and im just gonna die if i dont get one of these! well, now i catch myself thinking about what im gonna shop for next pretty much 24/7, even to the point of distracting me at work,planning some stolen time to do my nails, even practicing swinging my bottom when i think nobodys looking. am getting a little worried that i am losing my grip on my precious balance, and i REALLY dont want to do that at this point in my life, as there are too many people that rely on me. any suggestions for beating back the "pink fog"? how do you girls(those of us that have to) maintain the balance between your male and female persona? i know that nothing works for everyone, but i am running out of ideas fast.

uknowhoo
06-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Well, I'm not so sure about how to stop the runaway femme train (maybe you could try cold turkey :o), but sometimes understanding how the monster was unleashed and fed is helpful. Many of us feel the need to dress more when stressed, myself included. Given you had to pick up a whole lot of extra slack when your wife was in recovery, in addition to your otherwise plenty busy/stressful life, it's no wonder you were predisposed to a lil femme mania. Then when your sweet wife gave you permission, well... it was off to the races.! :GD: Like I said , I'm not sure what the answer might be for you (though I expect you'll get plenty of good feedback here), but just understanding the cause, and maybe acknowledging the minor heroism of your extra efforts may make getting a handle on it all a lil easier. Good luck. :hugs: Oh, and if you do figure it out, please write a book about it. I'm sure there are many here who would pay $19.95 + s/h to know the secret. :p xoxo Tammi

EricaCD
06-09-2007, 09:48 AM
I find the best cure for the pink fog is actually spending a decent concentration of time en femme. (As opposed to buying stuff, working on movements, writing emails, etc. I can do that all the time, and it's a tricky habit to break.) It's very unusual for me to not be able to get it "out of my system" with a few hours en femme two or three days in a row.

sandra-leigh
06-09-2007, 11:49 AM
I find the best cure for the pink fog is actually spending a decent concentration of time en femme. (As opposed to buying stuff, working on movements, writing emails, etc. I can do that all the time, and it's a tricky habit to break.)

I think perhaps I was seeing pink a bit this week, but it was in the doing, not in the shopping. I didn't shop any more than usual (and even went at the end of the day when my shopping time would be limited), but I was perhaps getting a bit reckless about going out as a visible TG. Each time that I went out successfully as a visible TG would feed into "Now how could I push it even more??!" And I'm not done yet either; this is Pride week and I'm probably going to go to a couple of activities (but probably Dressed.) And I'm thinking of Dressing for my outings today -- be a shame to waste this blue nail-polish I have on...

Angie G
06-09-2007, 01:34 PM
My wife keeps me some what in line otherwise who knows howfar I'd go :hugs:
Angie

Victoria Anne
06-11-2007, 01:32 AM
Christina, I wish I could be of some help. For me it is as simple as this is what I have to do, so when I can its in femme and well when I can't it's drab:( keeping the shoping in check well now thats another matter, what I have done is simply to buy something each time I go out and this helps me to keep it in check.

DianaGomez
06-11-2007, 12:12 PM
I hear your pain! I have the same problems, I would shop till I dropped or declared bankruptcy if I wasnt careful. It takes loads of self discipline and concentration not to so I try and focus on work etc. Normally works (for a while!)

JoAnnDallas
06-11-2007, 01:23 PM
I think I had a little bit of "Pink Fog" when my wife stayed at my sisters house last month. My sister had a two day garage sale. My wife stayed over instead of driving back and forth, she then stayed three more days, helping my sister pack up her house. My sister is moving to Houston, TX. Anyway, I started going out dressed, then bought water from convient stores, then moved up to shopping at a Payless. I am sure if wife had not come home at that time, I would have contiuned on, moving to the local Ross store, then Walmart, then Kohles, then the holy grail, THE MALL. Knowing myself, I would HAD to buy an outfit/shoes/accessiors at each store. I may have even tried on outfits at these stores and even used the ladies restroom. Each escalating from 30 mintues at Payless to an hour at Ross's, then 2 hours at Kohles, then the whole day at the MALL. By then I would have spent hundreds of dollars and trying to not only hide all I would have bought, but trying to hide all the cost too LOL.

Besides, Emily Ann made me do it. :)

Stephanie Clarke
06-11-2007, 02:49 PM
I am going to watch this thread for advice as I have a little pink fog going on here too...As I have just started to actually by pretty things for myself its still a thrilling experience and trying not to go back for another thrill is difficult to resist .. Best of Luck...

Carroll
06-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Why dont you spent a bit on your wife. Just a thought:2c:

juliauklondon
06-11-2007, 05:37 PM
I also suffer from the 'pink fog'. in the event I have no freedom to go en femme. I find three things generally help to work to work the feelings through.
firstly - talking about it to someone. Counsellor, SO.
secondly - concentrating on something else I'm passionate about.
lastly - exercise. Most commonly running. I run lots at the moment.

No-one I've ever spoken to thinks it's a good idea to suppress these feelings and desires , but sometimes I just want an off switch for all the emotions I feel.

Probably why I'm trying to integrate with my CD life more. But if you find something that works for you, I'd be interested to hear it.

julia

christina marie
06-16-2007, 08:05 AM
Thanks for all the wonderful advice girls! I am slowly starting to pull myself together,trying to drown myself in my responsibilities, guy hobbies, and a liberal amount of 151! I can keep my dressing to a minimum no problem as the consequences are too great right now, but the shopping is whats killing me. I cant even walk into wallyworld for a quart of oil without finding something lacy in my basket at the checkout. and heaven help me if I find a lingerie website i havent seen yet! I have set myself a budget though, and so far, have stuck to it. Knowing that I only have so much to spend seems to make me a little pickier. makes me save for things I really want, like new boots. Guess it all really boils down to self control, but is so hard to find sometimes. Thanks again! smoochies!

marie354
06-16-2007, 09:58 AM
I threw out all my men's clothes. The fog passed by and things got back to normal. Well as normal as I can be. I just don't wear dresses and skirts as much anymore. There are some nice looking slacks, shorts, and jeans out there. I really like how I look in a tight fitting pair of jeans, paired with a nice top.
:hugs:

Gina_darling
06-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Perhaps I can help. I am a student so I have very little money and what's worse is I have to fill my holidays with working for my course but not paid so I am forever broke! I never buy anything online so hide that credit card! I only go to cheap shops and only sale items. You can get a lot. Last trip I got two tops, two pairs of boots, lingerie, tights and a watch for under £35 ($70). Then when I really have no money I stop. To keep the pink fog under control I spend most of my time dressed. Another good trick is to have a photo session with yourself, always good fun and costs nothing!

However as I have no money I can't spend it but if you have it sat there it is easy to spend! Try other outlets that don't involve shopping. Do you wear what you buy? Wear it more! Try different combinations, it will be like a new outfit.

Chantelle CD
06-16-2007, 04:55 PM
How to keep balance? Thats a hard one.

Financial hard ships are keeping me in check, or i too would spend way to much, If i had a lot more money, i could see how this would be a real problem, i cant help here, for i have no experiance on this, but hope to soon, being broke SUX !!

even practicing swinging my bottom when i think nobodys looking. am getting a little worried that i am losing my grip on my precious balance, and i REALLY dont want to do that at this point in my life

I do this too, I find i do it more when under a lot of stress in male mode,

The way i balance myself is : You know how good you feel in femme ? it feels great right? Exciteing, lovely, you become alive, and love it, well to ballance basicly i just try to feel the same in my male mode, have a sence of loveing him just as much, because we are born this way, we are so use to it, it doesnt have the same kick, so at times you have to fake it to make it, force feeling fantastic and loveing being a male again, or just enjoy it, being a man is just an oppisate of being a woman, both are equaly powerfull feelings, just opposite ends of the scale, enjoy them both equaly :) hope this helps you Christina. :)

vannesar
06-17-2007, 03:52 PM
dealing with pink fog is a struggle . to see is to want !.
I bought 4 pairs of hold-up stockings from Oxfam last week £1.60 a pink negligee from help the aged £2.50 and a silk dress from ebay £15 can't wait for it to arrive !. Love from Vanessa

christina marie
06-18-2007, 12:02 AM
stress does seem to be a trigger for me. when things get tough at work or at home, that seems to be when i enjoy my girlie time the most. anyone else notice this?

Billijo49504
06-18-2007, 12:38 AM
As others have said, buying is just a crutch for being able to spend time fem. Put your pretty undies on and throw on a skirt and blouse, and you'll feel better.
Today I was getting cranky. My wife threw a cami and skort and my wig to me and said, here change clothes and calm dowm. It really works. I told the wife to go and take a nap, I'd do up the dishes.....BJ