PDA

View Full Version : Transgender

seekertree
03-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Hi,

Expanding on the is a crossdresser a transexual thread, what is a TG ?
My situation is that I do not dress that much but have a deep desire to partially feminise my physical, ie grow small breasts which I am doing.
Also I still love my male self and always have, but do feel the excess testosterone levels which I have always had ,well until recently have always felt wrong, feel better now with less.

Would be grateful for any insights.

Thanks
Julie

Tristen Cox
03-04-2005, 10:59 AM
"There are two common definitions for the term transgendered. The first refers to transsexuals who choose to live in the world as the opposite gender on a full-time basis but do not wish to undergo sex reassignment surgery. The second and more general definition is as an umbrella term used to describe the full range of individuals who have a conflict with or question about their gender. this includes everyone from transsexuals who desire surgery, those who have no desire to have surgery, and post-op transsexuals to male and female tranvestites, drag-queens, female impersonators, male impersonators, gender benders, and people who are experiencing gender confusion but don't know exactily where they fall along the gender spectrum."-True Selves

You might try looking these terms up on google, or better yet buy or read 'True Selves'. I picked up a copy for about $12 on Amazon.com

Love
Tristen

Natasha Anne
03-04-2005, 11:20 AM
1. From company policy that is close to being ratified at the global Fortune 100 company at which I work, and includes input from staff, other TG company policies, HRC, Pride Foundation and NGLTF (USA). Remember this one goes to a large audience, the majority of whom do not fall in our community. The term transgender is not an opinion of what it is, it's used in over 66 large and or global companies in the USA already.

An umbrella term referring to a person whose gender identity or gender presentation falls outside of stereotypical gender norms. Terminology related to the term transgender includes the following: Cross dressers, Transitioning, Transsexual, Transsexualism

2. From my site (and mostly copied from somewhere I expect!):

Transgender is an umbrella term that describes anyone expressing characteristics that don't correspond with those traditionally ascribed to the person's sex or presumed sex, as well as transsexual people and cross-dressers. It is not a sexual orientation. Unlike sex, which is biological and based on characteristics such as reproductive organs and chromosomes, gender is a social construct and can be displayed by appearance and behaviour, including clothing, hairstyles, even the way a person walks. Society creates masculine and feminine gender roles that people are expected to follow. These roles are fairly set and most people notice when they are crossed. There are many different ways that transgender people identify themselves, including as a transsexual or simply as transgender.

DonnaT
03-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Generally, TG refers to what the others have mentioned: An umbrella term meaning transgendered used to refer to the entire community of individuals whose sex is not entirely congruent with their gender identity. This includes the entire range from the occasional, recreational crossdresser to the transsexual. This term is also used to describe non-operative transsexuals, intersexuals, feminine males, masculine females, or anyone who crosses the line outside the "man" or "woman" boxes expected by society.

Sometimes, however, people us TG to mean 'transgenderist'. Not to be confused with "transgender" or "transgendered". A transgenderist is a person who lives full-time or nearly full-time in the opposite gender from their birth sex, but does not desire surgery. Also called a non-operative transsexual. In this case some have started using TG/TS to differentiate from TG.