PDA

View Full Version : Bra Surgery

sparks
06-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Have any of your deared beloved needed any underwire transplant? If so was it successful or was it a failed procedure whereas the item could not be helped and sadly discarded?
My latest thriftstore purchase seems to be missing a cupholder:D and I was wondering if it was worth the pains cause it sure is pretty. And the pains I went to through to stuff it in my 3.00 bag (meaning if it fits in your bag the whole bag costs 3.00) with out getting busted were they all for naught?

Just wondering.:D

trannie T
06-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Any time this has happened to one of my loved ones survival was out of the question. After a decent period of mourning and a proper service they have been layed to rest. . . in the dumpster.

JenniferR771
06-09-2007, 07:22 PM
ouch--I had an underwire poke. A few minutes and some hot glue reversed the problem. But they are so cheap at my favorite thrift stores, its more fun to shop for a new one. (new to me.)

christina marie
06-09-2007, 07:26 PM
can be done with a steady hand and at least 8 years of college... just kidding, not too hard to do if you are patient, remove from donor and slip in from one end, worst part is working the wire through its little fabric channel. when in place, sew several heavy stitches over end to keep in place. dont lose little plastic thingy on ends or your going to have an owie!

N.J.
06-09-2007, 07:47 PM
“Missing a cup holder” Priceless way to put it :D

As an impoverished student I must confess to having committed bra surgery on more than a few occasions. First you’ll need another underwire. Sadly I’ve found nothing that works quite the same as the real deal. Underwires are made of a quite hard, flat spiral-formed wire with little plastic or acrylic bits fused to the ends which keep them from jabbing you or the material of the bra to viciously. I honestly think they are meant to jab a bit because underwires were obviously invented by evil Venezuelan war criminals.
I recommend robbing one out of an old or less favoured garment. As long as the little seam the wire goes into is still intact you should be able to slip the replacement wire right into the hole the original escaped from. Make sure it is the same cup size as the one you are replacing for obvious reasons of lopsidedness:o. Stitch up the hole by hand. Shazam… good as new!
Good luck.

N.J.
GG

Stephenie S
06-09-2007, 09:20 PM
It seems from your post that you stole this bra. Have you ever heard of Karma?

Stephie

sandra-leigh
06-09-2007, 10:19 PM

Interestingly, she didn't steal it: the deal was "All you can stuff in for $3". Unless you were supposed to make it obvious exactly what you are putting in the bag (a stipulation that would be pretty uncommon in such stores), she stuffed it in her bag, she paid her $3, she's now the legal owner. The not-being-seen part: she may have been shopping in drab and didn't want others to observe the purchase, legal as it was.

(In these parts, no-one would care, and would probably just assume it was for a wife if they noticed at all. And the thrift stores here don't care what I buy for me: the change room attendants (if any) watch me walk in with a dress, spend some time in there, and then either put it on the declined rack or take it to the cash. They're too busy thinking about how long until the store closes to give a darn.)

{Later addition}

I just realized that sparks might have been shopping in the company of others. "Busted" perhaps meaning "Observed by my mother". But still legally paid for.

joann426
06-09-2007, 10:37 PM
why steal a bra from a store because us gals wear our 34b bras if u have a chest for it which i have it

sparks
06-09-2007, 10:54 PM

Stephie

Miss Tess had it figured correctly. The name of the game is stuff as much into the bag as possible for $3.00. And believe me I've been whacked enough by karma.

N.J.
06-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Quite a few thrift shops have bag sales. For under $10 you can make out like a bandit.

N.J.
GG

sparks
06-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Small Towns and unless you want your neibour to know that you are the other woman becareful what you stuff. The Bargain Basement is the place. And My neighbour did not see said mentioned defective bra go into my bag.

sandra-leigh
06-09-2007, 11:12 PM
But in this case I demand to know the location of the store :D - stuff a bagful of things for $3 is a killer special!!!!

Around here, that'd be the Salvation Army running the $3/bag special. I've never gone as I don't often find something I like there. (But a couple of weeks ago, I noticed they have a large store I hadn't seen before, so maybe I'll try them again.)

Stephenie S
06-10-2007, 06:26 AM
OK, my apologies, please. I did misunderstand your post.

Not only that, but I'm afraid I went off about this in another thread this morning. So sorry.

Lovies,
Stephenie

O2B Barbara
06-10-2007, 07:33 AM
The really special ones I give to the wife to repair if possible. Otherwise they get a curbside burial. What a great excuse to go shopping for a new one!

scarlet
06-10-2007, 09:35 AM
I allways do the reverse surgery thing. I make a small slice and pull rthen damm wires out and throw them away. Bra is much more comfterble top wear or so I think.Good luck wich either way you go.:hugs:

sandra-leigh
06-13-2007, 09:33 PM
I allways do the reverse surgery thing. I make a small slice and pull rthen damm wires out and throw them away.

Clearly, we need a Home For Wayward Underwires! Now exactly what shall we call it?

N.J.
06-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Clearly, we need a Home For Wayward Underwires! Now exactly what shall we call it?

Sister Margaret Josephine’s home for the wayward inventions of evil Venezuelan war criminals?