PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Breastform Size and Brand

DianaGomez
06-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Hi girls. I am about to buy my first pair of breastforms, and am agonizing over the size. My chest measurement (under bust, not that theres much bust!) is 41". I am rather broad shouldered, not much waist (corset does the trick there) but great bum and always been told (since I was a teenager) I had womans legs! YAAAHHHH!!!!! 6' 3" tall. Anyway, to get to it, I've had the bra, the balloons in the bra etc and normally just go for a B cup because large bras are very hard to find where I live (not the US). However, I want something that will look good on my frame, and I want something top notch too so I dont want to waste a whole lot of money on something ridiculously small or something that looks ridiculously big. Can you help me please?
Also, what do you think the best breastform is? I do want attachable. I need to feel as woman as possible at the moment. Thanks sweeties. Take care.

sandra-leigh
06-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Hi girls. I am about to buy my first pair of breastforms, and am agonizing over the size. [...] normally just go for a B cup because large bras are very hard to find where I live (not the US).[...]
Also, what do you think the best breastform is? I do want attachable.

You mentioned top of the line attachables. In the "name brand" widely-distributed lines, I think lot of people would refer you to Amoena . Amoena is more pricey than a lot of the "Transform" and "Gold Seal" forms you find all over the internet, but they are serious forms designed for women, especially for women who have had masectomies. There are a dozen or more Amoena models with different shapes or different properties. They have at least two models of attachables.

One consideration for the Amoena attachables is that they are designed for reduced weight, to have the volume but not the mass. They have (if memory serves me), a low weight attachable, and an ultra-low weight attachable. Low weight for an larger attachable can be important for keeping it on: for example, a size 10 regular-weight Amoena asymmetric non-attachable form is literally half a kilogram each (I weighed mine) which is difficult to hold up. So for attachability, low weight or ultra-low weight forms are good -- but the weight reduction is not so good for feeling "womanly", as the feeling of the weight adds noticably to the experience: you don't just want to see the "breasts", you want to feel the breasts, feel them shake up and down as you hurry or as you dance. One of the things that foam forms really miss is the weight: as a result, for most people here, silicone forms are a lot more satisfying than foam.

If the goal is to "feel womanly", then you should consider asymmetric forms. Those stick out to the side a bit, which is the way that natural breasts are on many women from about a C cup upwards. I used the example a few days ago of how guys describe a woman with their hands, moving their hands out and around at the bust: that out is grounded in reality, in that large cup-size breasts extend past the sides of the torso. It makes a noticable difference in how clothes sit on you: clothes follow the outer edge of the forms and curve outwards and then down; imagine, perhaps, the difference between cloth over a can compared to cloth over an ice-cream cone. The asymmetrics are, to use the term one SA used for me, noticably more "voluptuous".

But... if you are having trouble finding a bra larger than a B, then it sounds like you are somewhere in Asia, in which case being voluptuous might look entirely out of place. And even here in middle Canada, it isn't easy to find a bra that fits my size 10 forms (which work out as 38G on me). The largest cup size that is carried in most of the department stores here is a DD. At around the 42 band, it isn't uncommon for the department stores here to carry only 42C and 42D for the majority of bra styles.

The cup size that is normal and acceptable and will not attract attention, is partly a social construct. Here it isn't any problem to wear a D, and in fact three different professional forms fitters considered a D (size 7) to be too small for my frame, and I'm smaller than you (6', about 37"). But I've been involved in more than one discussion here in which the majority of posters considered a D cup to be conspicously large and "too much". Well, a C cup is only average here in Canada, and that's for women, who are noticably smaller on average than men: for us larger guys, a mere C would be proportionately too small, and a B form perched on our chest would stand out because it isn't wide enough. "Big girls" tend to have bigger breasts. People tell me that my size 10 forms look good on me, definitely not too big for my size. And in most clothes, I agree, they look natural and not Big at all. If, though, I'm wearing a very stretchy top that goes out and around them and right back in to my torso, then when I look in the mirror, I tend to think they look too large. With a less stretchy top, they look just fine. Around here, more than once I've gotten away with wearing a moderately stretchy top over my D-cup forms when I was presenting myself as male: a D cup is common enough here that it doesn't register on people that a D cup on a guy is very odd. A guy sat beside me on the bus the other day when I was a guy wearing a full stretch top over my D-cups, and he didn't even notice -- not until I got up, thus putting the bulge directly into his line of sight. It was amusing to see how wide his eyes got :)

If bras bigger than B are hard to find where you are, then even if you find a bra supplier, even a D cup might attract a lot of attention where you are, and a lot of attention can translate into "getting read", or can translate into people talking to you (or to your breasts anyhow) and hearing your male voice in return. But as suggested above, it would depend a lot on how you can dress: I have plenty of clothes in which the only sign of my D-cup forms is about a half-inch of gently rounded protrusion (not even the width of your thumb) -- not extrodinary at all for a woman.

KatieZ
06-09-2007, 09:37 PM
The Breast Form Store. http://www.thebreastformstore.com/transform-classic1-breastforms.aspx

I have a pair of the transform classic 1 and I love them. I have worn them almost every day and or night since I got them two years ago and they are still in great shape.

You can call your order in and get some friendly and helpful advice from them. But you should have a general idea of what you want first.

One thing about ordering from them is they seem to recommend a size smaller than other places. I ordered the next size larger than they recommended and I am glad I did.

There are plenty of other sites that carry them also. Always good to browse around before you buy. Just type breast form in your search box and you will be busy all day.

DianaGomez
06-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks so much girls. I really appreciate it. I have emailed thebreastform store, lets see what the come up with. Any other ideas?