PDA

View Full Version : Late Bloomer

sidney_girl
03-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Hi, everyone!

I keep running into posts where the author will say something like, "I put on my first girls' clothing when I was 5 years old" or "I knew from childhood that I was really a girl" (not exact quotes, but you get the idea).

Well, I'm 44 years old, and didn't start cross-dressing until I was nearly 42. I guess that makes me a late bloomer.

Anyone else out there have a similar experience? Or can anyone give me any insight into why my desire to cross dress didn't appear until relatively late in my life?

Maddie Knight
03-04-2005, 02:22 PM
As a crossdresser from as long as I can remember I am corius to know what made you first put on a dress :confused: . For me I cannot remember because I have allways don it. Anyway, late bloomer or not, welcome to the forum, everybody is very nice here. You will love it. :)

Lindahexi
03-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Hi Sydney Girl,

I'm one of the "ever since I was 5 brigade" or in my case even earlier, and I can't really answer your question. Maybe you had latent desires that just took years to come to the fore. All I know is that it doesn't really matter! If you have discovered your femme side at 42 that's fine, just enjoy this new found pleasure; and hope you enjoy the forum.

Keep the posts coming.

Linda.

Priscilla1018
03-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Hi Sidney,

Welcome to the forum. I'm guessing that some event preceded your begining crossdressing. It could also be that seeing how women are cared for pampered in our society, at least by blokes like me,that you felt a desire to be treated the same way. Besides, women always get to wear such cool clothes and such wonderful materials and colours that we do'nt. I,ve been dressing for 46 years and will never quit. Thank God for this forum and the great sisters we have.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Wendy me
03-04-2005, 02:45 PM
i don't that it mutch matters when you started to feel like dressing just take as it comes.......could have been in you for along time but surfaced latter on in life enjoy it for what it is...................................

Wendy me
03-04-2005, 03:06 PM
please keep the adds out now the same in 3 threads.............
thank you

TrueGemini'sWife GG
03-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Hi, everyone!

I keep running into posts where the author will say something like, "I put on my first girls' clothing when I was 5 years old" or "I knew from childhood that I was really a girl" (not exact quotes, but you get the idea).

Well, I'm 44 years old, and didn't start cross-dressing until I was nearly 42. I guess that makes me a late bloomer.

Anyone else out there have a similar experience? Or can anyone give me any insight into why my desire to cross dress didn't appear until relatively late in my life?
Hi and welcome to our little home..
My husband, True Gemini (aka Gem), did not start till right before we got married and he was almost 41. I will tell him about your posts tonight so he can respond too, but if you want to check out what he has said, you can just follow his posts through his user name..

Again, welcome to the forum..
You will find lots of understanding, love and support here, nevermind the million laughs, too. That is just an extra perk!

Wendy me
03-04-2005, 03:18 PM
thankyou see my pm to you...............

sidney_girl
03-04-2005, 06:22 PM
As a crossdresser from as long as I can remember I am corius to know what made you first put on a dress :confused: . For me I cannot remember because I have allways don it. Anyway, late bloomer or not, welcome to the forum, everybody is very nice here. You will love it. :)

What made me first put on a dress?

Well, I can remember the chain of events/thoughts quite distinctly. Back in November 2002, I was in a discount dept. store looking for men's athletic shorts to wear around the house. Problem was, men's "shorts" had by that time ceased to be short. (What's with thoses long, baggy things anyway?) It struck me that women's shorts were still short, so I thought, "Why not look in the women's section of the store?" As soon as I admitted that thought, something else happened. I had a desire to wear women's clothes. That desire seemed to come out of nowhere. (Of course, I realize it had to come from somewhere.)

Okay, the shorts were no big deal in and of themselves, but they opened up a whole new world for me that day. A few months later, I was wearing women's clothing almost exclusively. A year after that--June 4, 2004, to be exact--I wore my first skirt in public. On September 2 of the same year, I wore a dress while shopping.

As to the "why"... Well, at first it seemed to be just a matter of liking the feeling of arousal. But as time passed, I realized that women's (and girls') clothing actually "worked" for me: they're more comfortable (soft, silky fabrics, for example), they fit better (why is so much of men's clothing so baggy?), the colors and textures and styles are more interesting and varied, and they just look nicer (even on my not-so-feminine body). Of course, I like feeling feminine. And it seems that there's something deep inside of me that feels fulfilled when I'm dressed.

DonnaT
03-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the club, even though you were late :D

I believe we had on girl here that started in her 70's, now that was late!

But many of us had that one first time that triggered our CDing. For me, I found a nighty in a box that I was cleaning out, and for some unknown reason put it on.

Wenda
03-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Hi Sidney, I played with dressing when I was young, but rediscovered it last summer, in July, during a trip to Calgary. Somewhat similar experience to yours. I stopped at an adult store, and saw that much of the footwear was size 11, 12 and up. I tried on a pair of 5" heel thigh highs. They were too tight, but the experience was exceptional! I bought a very trashy shiny vinyl skirt with lace-up sides, and by the time I got home, I had a set of boobs, a bra, a pair of shoes and several sets of stockings. I am 57 years old as is my girlfriend. She is understanding, but still a bit unsure. This site is great,except it is addictive. welcome. wenda.

Tristen Cox
03-04-2005, 08:24 PM
You're never too late ;)

ToniB
03-04-2005, 08:32 PM
I wonder if all men are programmed to be attracted to women's clothes, after all, it's often what first attracts us to a woman in the first place. But it needs a specific event to trigger the putting on of the first item of female clothing, and that happens to only a few of us. If our reaction to this, the sensuous feeling of satin on skin, the restriction of high heels or a corset, then produces an erection, we're hooked, and for the rest of our lives, we connect wearing female clothes with pleasure, perhaps sexual at first, then, for some of you, developing into a purely sensual experience. Just a few rambling thoughts from...

ToniB

TrueGemini
03-04-2005, 10:37 PM
...didn't start cross-dressing until I was nearly 42. I guess that makes me a late bloomer...Anyone else out there have a similar experience? Or can anyone give me any insight into why my desire to cross dress didn't appear until relatively late in my life?
I am one of the late bloomers as well, 41 to be exact. For me it was a voyage of discovery with my SO along for the ride, encouraging me all the while, so it wasn't a problem with hiding it, or suppressing it. It just happened. I don't remember any urges to wear dresses, stockings, or g's before this time in my life (mmm...stockings and g's). For me, it was a similar experience to the post about shopping for shorts- I found myself holding a pair of her panties in my hand one evening, wondering aloud how they would look on me, and her saying "go for it". The rest as they say is history.

Now it is a very fulfilling experience to dress up in an outfit, or a nightgown, or a very fem, sexy negligie. I do wonder where this feeling has been all my life sometimes, and am very thankful to have had my supportive GG along with me all the while, holding my hand, lending me her clothes, and shopping(!) for me. There are ups and downs to this life to be sure, as the masculine side battles the fem side, but as long as there is an attempt to find balance, everything will work out. Good luck!

racquel
03-05-2005, 03:51 AM
Hi Sydney Girl, welcome aboard.You and Gem are truly late bloomers in my experience,but this has probably saved you both multiple thousands of dollars in useless purges and feelings of confusion.
Now you can fully experience the sensations without the guilt and confusion.

Amelie
03-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Sidney, I am sort of a late bloomer. I wore my first fem clothes at about 19 years old. I had no desire before that to dress.
Why did I start? I have no idea. Probably if I went to a shrink, he might be able to extract the reason why. To me, it was like being hit by lightning, Bam, "I'm a woman".
Amelie

LingerieandLace
03-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Like most men, we all have enjoyed looking at “Lingerie” for years. We find that we have often shared and enjoyed the excitement of seeing and touching it on many women. How often have you wondered just what it would really feels like to wear “Lingerie” and how you would look in “Lingerie”? So one day I decided to try some and I have been hooked ever since my 1st pair of panties.

I believe that most "Cross-dressers" are people who routinely wear clothes associated with the opposite sex. Cross-dressing is a form of gender expression and is not necessarily tied to sexual orientation. Many cross-dressers are heterosexual.

I am attraction and love are ultimately genderless that can be enjoyed and celebrated between members of the opposite or the same sex without having to label one's self as "hetero" or "homo". I have enjoyed being physically intimate with other people, but now I no longer feel confused or shame or guilt or whatever if I begin to develop feelings for one.

I do not discriminate; I do enjoy the company of both women and men! My preference is to be with a woman but there are some other times that I prefer some good old Male Bonding. I find that liberated and sexually open-minded partners are great fun and can lead to many new discoveries and new pleasures. I do not regret the pleasurable things I've done in the past, but only those pleasures that I did not do, I now enjoy lifes many pleasures as it was ment to be !

I believe that all of us have a femme side, but only a few are able or liberated enough to allow it to surface and not be worried about how others perceive us.

sidney_girl
03-08-2005, 01:41 PM
I'd like to thank all of you girls for all of your insights in response to my original posting. It seems that even though I didn't get seriously into crossdressing until I was in my 40s, apparently there were earlier hints. Thinking about this has jarred my memory, and I can now recall a couple of incidents in my childhood/youth that I hadn't seen as significant before. But looking at those events now, I ask myself, "How could I have been so blind?" Late bloomer? Sort of...