PDA

View Full Version : What a f....... waste of time

Emma_Forbes
06-10-2007, 08:26 AM
Yep - what should have been a fun day has turned into a nightmare and am I p***** about it.

It's my birthday weekend and yesterday I spent with my family and today is Emma's fun day. Well at least it is supposed to be but having tried and failed and tried and failed and tried and failed (about 10 times) to get my makeup on right, I have given up. It's just not happening and I couldn't hide the beard shadow today if I used a gallon of spray paint. I hate it and I hate looking like a guy when I want to look girlie and, as you can probably tell, I am really really pi**** off. So I am going to write off the day as a complete failure and go watch tv instead. What a waste.

Sorry

Em

Tamara Croft
06-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Don't be sad :( go run a nice bubble bath, then slip into something nice, curl up on the settee with a glass of wine or three ;)

:hugs:

pocoyo
06-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Awwww :hugs:
Poor thing, don't be down! Be smiley.

Don't be sad :( go run a nice bubble bath, then slip into something nice, curl up on the settee with a glass of wine or three ;)

:hugs:

:iagree: what she said ^

battybattybats
06-10-2007, 08:53 AM
You poor thing!
Don't fret, just put today off till tomorrow ;)
If you can't look girlie, try to feel girlie. Find some girlie things to do or do things in a girlie way (ok so they'll likely be stereotypical but men are defined by what they are not allowed so our expression as women involves indulging in extremes of things that seem sexist simply because the things taboo to men are sexist). For me I get comfy on the couch with some coffee or hot chocolate and I put on some old black and white dvd or a book or magazine and really indulge. That or I bake some delicious berry pastries (cut with a bat shaped cookie cutter of course). Sometimes I write notes or poems to myself and fill the rest of the page with cute scribbles...

I feel your pain, just remember that not every day will be like this one, you just have to ride it through till things get better.

Sheri 4242
06-10-2007, 09:10 AM
1.) Yep, Tamara GG is right on track -- especially with the latter part of the glass of wine or three!

2.) I have a heavy beard -- and it doesn't matter how close I shave, you've got that underlying "blue" to deal with . . . so'ooooo

Might I suggest something just learned while in Vegas?!!! If you have Mac Cosmetics available, FIRST go and tell them you need a good beard concealer for your facial tone. SECOND (and it took me 50-something years to learn this trick -- but it is a testament to the open-mindedness of Mac Cosmetic employees), get a cool shade of red lipstick for your beard which, in turn, will help neutralize that beard blueness. Apply a very thin amount of the lipstick to your facial areas where your beard is most heavy, then work it in and spread it with your fingertips. THEN apply the concealer with a good brush. Then it'll be time for your make up (foundation, onward). The red helps neutralize the blue!!! My wife was shocked at how red the red lipstick they recommended was, but she did already know that reds help neutralize blues. This make-up tip really, really helps!!!

3.) If you get too far past Tamara's recommended three glasses of wine and are hung-over, try Alka Seltzer! (OTFL)

Kelsy
06-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Emma sweety,

Sometimes when I have the biggest expectations is when I get disapointed the most! Sometimes in my mind I know what I want to achieve and the harder I try the further I get from it. I finally just give up and go with the flow. I with you there on the beard cover though sometimes I look like fred flintstone in a dress.:eek: short of electrolysis, whats a poor girl gonna do??!!
Seems when I try the least is when it all comes together. I hope things lighten up for you . Happy Birthday:hugs:

Jennifer

Kate Simmons
06-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Well, you do need a good beard cover Em, don't know what you are using. I put on the beard cover, let it set, then come back and apply the foundation and blush. I tie it all in with face powder and it looks totally natural. Even so, if that doesn't work, I agree--go with plan "B" and have some wine and relax. It's not worth being stressed out over, believe me.:happy:

bgirl
06-10-2007, 11:02 AM
I have a heavy beard as well. I have about three or four hours tops before the stuble starts to push the foundation off my face. But, I think I see the shadow no matter what because I am looking for it and I know its there!
My biggest frustration after that is lips, and the eyebrows, and the highlighting and the eyeshawdow, the eyeliner too, right amout of blush? Just get everything on and discover I missed about a hundred wiskers. Take it off and put it back on and OOPS times-up! Either I shave again or.... maybe next time. I wished I would have learned how to do this when I was a little boy wanting to be a little girl. Of couse back then I didn't have to shave.

Dixie
06-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Happy Birthday to you ....
Sorry you are feeling down. Hope you feel better soon.

Ericka2
06-10-2007, 11:42 AM
sorry about your awfull day, yeah some wine would help in those moments of such a pain, Happy birthday! and thanks for the tip Barbara.

Love, Ericka

Mitch23
06-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Every girl has a 'bad hair day' - the next one will make up for it

Mitch

EricaCD
06-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Give yourself a (now belated) birthday gift: Look at your avatar photo now and compare it to the one you used 6 months ago. The difference in your appearance is remarkable, bordering on amazing. Well done! And happy birthday.

Rachel Morley
06-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Tamara is right on target. Don't worry too much about how you look, do something that makes you feel really girly. As she suggested why not take a hot bubble bath, with (say) feminine smelling aromatherapy oils in it, maybe shave your legs, then afterwards slip into something soft and silky and have a glass of wine on the sofa watching a girly movie or read a good book. :happy:

trannie T
06-10-2007, 01:12 PM
I hope your b-day got better, you share the same day as my late father. Makeup is more of an art than a science, sometimes it works for me and at other times it is a major pain in the a**.

Happy Birthday Emma! ! !

Chantelle CD
06-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Dear Emma

I to have had days like this, when i want to dress and nothing fits, nothing comes together and all i do is feel disappointed. On these days i just change back, and the next day its all good, i dont know why this happens, but it does for me from time to time as well.

I totally understand what you are feeling, hang in there girl !!

Chantelle

silkie h
06-10-2007, 03:49 PM
This is not the worst situation that could befall you. There is plenty of time. Just do as Tamara says.

Rachael Warren
06-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Relax Emma, get your tush down to Sparkle, as you know I'll be there to help and drag your ass out of the door.

I'll bring both the NW30 and NW35 Full Coverage foundations, I bet one will match you and cover beard shadow.

You know where to get my phone number.

Never give up!

sandra-leigh
06-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Friday, I told myself that Saturday I was going to attach my forms and dress and go out all day en femme, and I was going to go to the "Black and Blue Ball" on Saturday night with a bunch of club members; and that on Sunday, I was going to Dress and go march in the Pride parade and then hang around a bit and watch some of the entertainment.

None of it happened :(

Instead, I woke up on Saturday with a bad back, had difficulty going even as far as the corner store (300 feet), and did pretty much nothing femme. And today, my back was even worse, and the only thing femme I've been able to do was to go out and do 15 minutes gardening in my skirt. Soon it'll be back to lying down and healing. Can't even wear my new nightgown, as I don't want it to be stained by the ointments.

Remember the old joke, "'Cheer up, things could get worse', they said. So I cheered up, and sure enough, things got worse."

Rachael Warren
06-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Friday, I told myself that Saturday I was going to attach my forms and dress and go out all day en femme, and I was going to go to the "Black and Blue Ball" on Saturday night with a bunch of club members; and that on Sunday, I was going to Dress and go march in the Pride parade and then hang around a bit and watch some of the entertainment.

None of it happened :(

Instead, I woke up on Saturday with a bad back, had difficulty going even as far as the corner store (300 feet), and did pretty much nothing femme. And today, my back was even worse, and the only thing femme I've been able to do was to go out and do 15 minutes gardening in my skirt. Soon it'll be back to lying down and healing. Can't even wear my new nightgown, as I don't want it to be stained by the ointments.

Remember the old joke, "'Cheer up, things could get worse', they said. So I cheered up, and sure enough, things got worse."

What has this got to do with Emma's thread?

Don't reply, because I wont, start your own thread.

MoonBaby GG
06-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Awwwww...I hate those kind of days. Blargh! I usually have a glass of wine (like Tamara suggested) ~ put on a happy music CD and dance in my PJ's.

{{HUGS}} and Happy Birthday...hope your evening is much better and you find something to make you smile.

O2B Barbara
06-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Maybe you practiced 10 times on ways not to hide the shadow? I agree with the advice of hot bath, your favourite things and snuggle.

Happy Birthday!

SandyR
06-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Happy Birthday! Believe me, I have those days to. Hate that 5:00 clock shadow, or in my case around noon. I find shopping for shoes seems to help. heheheh......

Big Hug!

SandyR

brenya
06-10-2007, 11:57 PM
I know the feeling, I suck at makeup all the time, I just decided to not go for the makeup until I can learn some things

Sheri 4242
06-11-2007, 12:38 AM
What has this got to do with Emma's thread? Don't reply, because I wont, start your own thread.

I can't speak for Tess-Leigh, so I won't. But, I can speak for myself and it was my very distinct impression that Tess-Leigh was (a.) showing empathy, and (b.) expressing a "bad day frustration of her own" without starting a new thread. We often relate our own topic-specific experiences within the context of a reply to show empathy, sympathy, comprehensive understanding, or just to vent within a related theme. Which were you doing? Don't reply b/c I won't :dh: