PDA

View Full Version : mind-altering

edina1
06-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Ok, dressing sort of does it, or the mnd-altering happened first, etc, but just wondering how many of us need to disinhibit to dress? have a drink or two, or something else, or have dressing associated with that ritual? or how many just get that 'natural high'? Or in other situations, find it pull them out of a low mood?

chucks
06-10-2007, 06:31 PM
i find using intoxicants makes me feel super super girly. way girlier. and as a part of the earth.

but i am still girly not-intoxicated too. lol.

TxKimberly
06-10-2007, 06:33 PM
. . . as I have just recently reached the conclusion that I HAD been using Alcohol to get courage - and it had exactly the wrong effect! I have discovered that I have a GREAT deal more confidence when I DON'T drink first! Isn't that a trip? Wonder why it took me so long to figure out that the alcohol was MAKING me nervous, not helping me.
Alcohol or "something else" adds new concerns to the equation. Will I make a fool out of myself, get stopped by the police, etc?

Try it with out, you may be surprised!
Kim

Ok, dressing sort of does it, or the mnd-altering happened first, etc, but just wondering how many of us need to disinhibit to dress? have a drink or two, or something else, or have dressing associated with that ritual? or how many just get that 'natural high'? Or in other situations, find it pull them out of a low mood?

sandra-leigh
06-10-2007, 07:26 PM
or how many just get that 'natural high'? Or in other situations, find it pull them out of a low mood?

That'd be me. About the most I "drink" is a capful of liquour on icecream maybe once a month. The clubs I go to know that my "usual" is milk or ginger ale.

When I was most down a few years ago (medical reasons), I discovered that cross-dressing was one of the only two things (that I've found) that could lift me into a good mood and clear my mind.

Chantelle CD
06-10-2007, 08:45 PM
I dont drink at all, very rare times ill have a drink, but id do partake in a bit of w00ts from time to time. That has mixed effects on me when i dress, sometimes it makes me feel more special, and sometimes it makes me feel wanting to just be me. I find dressing just wonderful without anything, and the more i do it, the less i need something to ease my mind over it. I'm slowly healing. Thanks to my SO's acceptance and not having to be alone with it anymore. I'm all dressed up right now and feel just wonderfully :doll:-ly

And yes it does pull me out of a bad mood, raises my over all sense of well being :)

Chantelle

DianaGomez
06-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Just dressing is an intense natural high for me. Lasts for much longer than the dressing itself. Its a buzz! I'm luving it!!!

stephanietv
06-10-2007, 10:22 PM
. . . as I have just recently reached the conclusion that I HAD been using Alcohol to get courage - and it had exactly the wrong effect! I have discovered that I have a GREAT deal more confidence when I DON'T drink first! Isn't that a trip? Wonder why it took me so long to figure out that the alcohol was MAKING me nervous, not helping me.
Alcohol or "something else" adds new concerns to the equation. Will I make a fool out of myself, get stopped by the police, etc?

Try it with out, you may be surprised!

Kim

thanks Kim thats what I was thinking

huggs Steph

chucks
06-10-2007, 10:59 PM
i think it is good to use substances now and then. not for escapism but out of curiosity. it can force you to think about what you are, which usually doesn't happen too often. making a few changes to brain chemistry changes the world around you.

sobe1ove GG
06-10-2007, 11:27 PM
i think it is good to use substances now and then. not for escapism but out of curiosity. it can force you to think about what you are, which usually doesn't happen too often. making a few changes to brain chemistry changes the world around you.

i could not disagree more. I am a staunch believer that you don't need drugs to be happy or have a good time. If you do, you have other problems to work on. Drugs do nothing but hurt. Hurt you and your cells, your perceptions, your career, or the people around you.

:2c:

Sobe

brenya
06-10-2007, 11:54 PM
yes, no further comment LOL :drink:

chucks
06-11-2007, 12:01 AM
to each her own :2c:

edit:
ps. for me it is shamanic. and some may not understand but i do not care to change them. it is all just fine :hugs:

Phyliss
06-11-2007, 03:23 AM
If I had a :drink: before getting dressed, I'd most likely have, :drink: :drink: and then just one more :drink: to be sure. Trying to put my lippy on after that,.... well, (not a pretty sight)
The first time I went "out" I thought seriously about having one to calm the fear, but by the time I got anywhere near a bar I wad already having too much fun to slow down for a :drink: which would have become a second :drink: then a third, and well you get the idea.

one day at a time since Jan 27 1979

Marla S
06-11-2007, 03:54 AM
The whole TG thing is full of flashbangs.
One of the most difficult tasks is not to loose orientation there and not to hunt for Chimera.

I like to be in a clear state of mind to find my way, but enjoy a good drink :drink: when I've learned a bit more about myself or when it was a nice day.

A nice day makes a good drink, but a drink doesn't make a nice day.

gulliver
06-11-2007, 07:52 AM

i totally agree, although it does depend on how willing the person is to look at themselves objectively.

unfortunately, people who disagree are usually (but not always) those who have never tried anything different and believe all the bs that's put out by the 'anti' lobby.

susie d
06-11-2007, 09:17 AM
As explained by Cliff Clavin, of the TV program "Cheers". One afternoon at Cheers, Cliff Clavin was explaining the Buffalo Theory to his buddy Norm. Here is how it went:

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this.... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo and when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers!"

WARNING! The consumption of alcohol may leave you wondering what the hell happened to your bra and panties! :tongueout

Karren H
06-11-2007, 01:57 PM
I rarely drink..... Couple beers a year... And never while enfemme... Just don't feel I need to.. And really don't get a girly buzz or anything like that.... Just the same old comphy feeling deep down inside... Same as I get in drab... No difference.... Just prettier....

Karren

Mitch23
06-11-2007, 02:32 PM
I rarely drink..... Couple beers a year... And never while enfemme... Just don't feel I need to.. And really don't get a girly buzz or anything like that.... Just the same old comphy feeling deep down inside... Same as I get in drab... No difference.... Just prettier....

Karren
When in guy mode I drink beer, when en femme, more ladylike drinks - hadn't though about it till it was brought up!

Mitch

Dixie
06-11-2007, 02:39 PM
I don't need to drink to dress or go out, but once out I find that a drink or two helps me relax, and lets me be all the gurl I can be:heehee::drink::drink:

Fab Karen
06-11-2007, 06:49 PM
just wondering how many of us need to disinhibit to dress?

NEED is a loaded word. I once thought I "needed" alcohol to do many things. Eventually I realized I was wrong, that it wasn't actually helping me, it was making things worse. This isn't to suggest anyone who has a drink is evil- if you can literally have 2 or 3 and STOP THERE, that's great.

They say sobriety isn't for sissies? Oh yeah?:tongueout

Alice B
06-11-2007, 07:20 PM
No stimulants needed. Just the time to dress and the natural high is great!

Sally2005
06-11-2007, 11:50 PM
I tend not to drink much. However, a couple times while CDing alone, I took a few drinks to get a little buzz, it was not so much to get relaxed, the purpose was to enhance the fantasy and for a little while forget about my male self. Actually, a long long time ago, I did a party enfem and drank so much when I woke up in the morning dressed, I was a bit shocked. (I don't recommend it)

Khriss
06-12-2007, 03:22 AM
..frame of mind.. matches my prediliction to change ,,haircolor :eek::D
an old line is "Reality is just an excuse for people who ca'nt cope with Drugs ? (alcohol = a drug) ..
My badd . I prefer "Sober" ... hehe "K"

RobertaFermina
06-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Always Club Soda and a slice of Lime....

The endorphine rush of "Oh My what do I get to wear today?" is all this girl needs !

I never Drink and Drag!!! :heehee:

:rose: Roberta :rose:

windycissy
06-12-2007, 09:51 AM
I'll usually smoke a cigarette to calm my nerves when I first go out, something very feminine about taking them out of my purse and lighting up in a ladylike fashion....I'll have a glass of wine with dinner, and it's nice to unwind with a glass of wine after an outing, but the dressing is the real rush!

Joy Carter
06-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Don't need to drink to be who I am Hun. But a Margaretta is nice after the evening gets going.:D

SANDRA MICHELLE
06-12-2007, 11:18 AM
I am with others that say they don't need it to relax or get up the nerve. I prefer to always be in control and do not drink when I am out en-femme or when I am going to drive. I do like to have a few drinks with my wife while at home and relaxing so I am not a tea toteller but i enjoy my crossdressing too much to let drugs or alchohol get in the way.

dds
06-13-2007, 05:50 AM
This past Halloween, I got completely dressed and felt fantastic ... but I thought I'd have a drink to give me the nerve to actually go out. Soon that drink turned into more and I eventually went out, but I had had too many drinks by then. I am not normally much of a drinker, and I completely regretted this whole evening afterward. I find that drinking somehow gives me "permission" to dress because I am freeing my inhibitions, but I realize that this is a terrible mistake. One of the reasons I've joined this site is to feel more confident and comfortable with CDing (still struggling with it), because I want to be able to give myself "permission" to dress when I wish without some external stimulant to make it more personally acceptable.