PDA

View Full Version : Confrontation With Neighbor

Glenda58
06-10-2007, 09:15 PM
My neighbor came up to me after I got home from work today. Said he had seen me out dressed in women's cloths. Said he was going to tell all of the other neighbors. I told him to go ahead and tell everybody because once they all know then I can start having some parties here with 40 or 50 of my CD and TG friends and nobody would be upset when they came walking down the street. He said was serious and said so was I and that I had I would if I hear any more of this from him. And I could get a party together in a few hours. So if he had company over a party could happen here.

He back off his thread and say to keep away from his family. I said OK and went just a little red in the ears.

chucks
06-10-2007, 09:22 PM
keep away from his family? can't believe someone is that psycho.

Chiana
06-10-2007, 09:23 PM
You rock, girl. Way to go. Too bad your neighbor seems to be a first class jerk.

SandyR
06-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Some people. I wonder if they are just insucure. Had my neighbor notice the shaved legs. Told him "hey feels better in jeans". Been great every since.

Hang in there.

Big Hug!

SandyR

Roberta Lynn
06-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Just curious, How old was this guy?
And try to give me a little time to get to your party
I think it's about an 9 hr. drive from here. :happy:

Cristi
06-10-2007, 09:56 PM
This reminds me of something that happened to me last Summer...

To set the stage:
Though I don't go out in my own town enfemme (yet!) I DO also wear a kilt quite a bit. My parents live in the same town I'm in and we know quite a few of the same people, including some of my (redneck) neighbors.

So I get a call from my mom one day. She sounds a bit upset and wants to come over to talk to me. I say sure, so 15 minutes later she is at the house.

To make a long story short, my neighbor had seen me out in the yard doing yardwork in my kilt. She called up my mom and told her "I just saw your son in his yard wearing a skirt!" Geez, I'm over 40 years old and she calls to 'tell my mom on me'???

What an a**!

So since then, I've made it a point to wear the kilt more when outside, and make sure to smile and wave when they drive past. Neither she nor her husband have never said a word to my face.

The nicest thing about it all? When I was talking to my mom, she said something to the effect of 'Well, it wouldn't matter to me even if you DID wear a skirt, but...' (she was more worried about what OTHER people would think if the neighbors continued to gossip about me).

I wish now I had said to her 'In fact, it was just a kilt but it could well have been one of my skirts or dresses'.

On the upside, I've been much more relaxed about going outside in a skirt since then... Even if my they DID see me from a distance in a skirt, they'd probably just think 'there he is in another kilt'.

I'm still trying to figure out what it is in somebodies personality that made them want to 'tell on me' to my mother...

Some people. I wonder if they are just insucure. Had my neighbor notice the shaved legs. Told him "hey feels better in jeans".

I'm a bicyclist. While on a ride with some friends the other day, we were talking about leg shaving since about half of us had shaved legs and the other half didn't.

When asked why *I* shaved my legs, I replied 'Cause it makes the pantyhose feel better'. I got a good laugh, and the conversation continued on. :D

Samantha B L
06-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Hey Glenda,Good for you.You stood up to that character.I've had a few harrassment situations when I was much younger.Nothing came of it. I was very cowed by it.A couple of times a freind bailed me out.I've made a decision in the past 15 years that if I'm ever confronted by anything like again I'll try to muster my confidence and handle it real straight forward. Well,I hope that guy won't continue to make a nuicanse out of himself. But it sounds like you let him know where to park it.

Rita B
06-10-2007, 10:05 PM
I hope you were wearing extra long eye lashes and you batted your eyes at him or blew him a kiss or something. You are so attractive. It's hard for me to see how you could get some negative remarks like that. What a jerk!

I had curious neighborg too. Lived in a townhouse in Conn. and of course there is now way of coming or going without someone seeing you. I was sharing my townhouse with a pre op TS at the time and i'm sure there must have been some conversation about all the "ladies" living in the neighborhood.:hugs:

Rita

missfine
06-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Why can't people live and let live. You look absoultly great and seem like a very nice person. Good quick answer you came up with.
Fran

celtic.blue.eyes
06-10-2007, 10:08 PM
I think you handled the narrow minded jerk quit well! Never let yourself get bullied.

I have a narrow minded idiot also, who screeched that that he would punch my lights out if I didn't do some work in my yard, right this second, and under his direction. I told him "Go ahead, it will be the worst decision of your life. Now you have 2 choices: leave immediately, or I call the police." He kept on screeching, and I ended up calling the police. Now he really keeps his distance. Even though the bozo is 6" taller and 20 years younger, he knows his place. :tongueout

TxKimberly
06-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Well, I have met Glenda and know something for a fact that most of you only guess at - she is a good, kind, and decent person. No one in the world deserves this kind of stuff less than she does.

Glenda, I'm so sorry there are still cavemen out there - they haven't quite gone extinct yet. I hope you are OK? I can only imagine the anxiety this must have caused.

Kim

Mary Morgan
06-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Glenda, Hug to you girl. You really handled that well. I'm sorry you have to live near a guy like that, but then many of us do. Let us know when you want to have that party. I'll bet we can come up with some real interesting theme.

N.J.
06-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Props Glenda. You stood up for yourself and that’s very important. Something no one has mentioned is if this guy continues to make trouble you do have options. It’s basically your word against his. Play it off as though he’s an absolute nutter. If he threatens you again call the police and tell them that this mad bugger next door has got it into his head that you are a cross dresser and has been harassing you. You might even be able to get a retraining order against him which will pop up on his police record during credit checks and such. If another neighbour mentions something act as though you are at your wits end and say you don’t know what to do because neighbour guy is loosing it big time and there is no way you are a cross dresser. Say you don’t know what the world’s coming to these days and wonder aloud if the neighbourhood is safe with him lurking around. Also mention that he’s been peeping over the fence, talking to himself, and eating handfuls of grass in his back yard. Don’t forget to say you’ve gotten a restraining order against him or plan to. By the time he decides to really make you look bad he’ll look completely mental for going around insisting that you’re a cross dresser because it will confirm one of the things you’ve said and your neighbours will just assume everything else is true. I know this is a bit evil, alright, completely evil :devil: but I didn't run a revenge for hire business at uni for nothing. Stay strong.

N.J.
GG

Sheri 4242
06-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Glenda,

I've never been to your area, but would like to -- my wife and I love to travel. So, if you give me enough lead time (I'd like to book a discount flight if at all possible), my wife and I will come!!! I live in a narrow-minded town, so I can understand what you are going through! Unity, gf, unity!!!

trannie T
06-11-2007, 12:05 AM
Don't forget to invite him to the party.

sobe1ove GG
06-11-2007, 12:41 AM
You handled that very well. Stick it to the man!

sterling12
06-11-2007, 01:59 AM
Dumb and belligerent, what a bad combination! Bet he got himself ready for your conversation by taking a few "pops" beforehand. I love it when they get liquored up over the weekend, and then start trouble.

And if he's The Neighborhood Drunk, nobody will believe anything he has to say!

Phew, guess we solved that problem!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Sheila
06-11-2007, 02:07 AM
Glenda,

:hugs: hun

kerrianna
06-11-2007, 02:09 AM
:hugs: Glad you didn't punch him out - that wouldn't have been ladylike.:p

You handled it well. Nothing worse than crappy neighbours.

I love the idea of a party. :D Man, if he thought he had troubles before....:devil:

DawnL
06-11-2007, 02:18 AM
:balloons::Party2: We need directions and times. lol

tiffianycd
06-11-2007, 02:26 AM
Glenda,
I had to deal with crapy people too in my home town. i was caught by my neighbor freind whreing my moms prom dress of all things. But I dealt with the teaseing from it but he knew better than to tell all beacuse i had the goods on him.
I beleve even in a dress or not you will run into rude, crude, and mean people in this world.

Tiffianycd

KewTnCurvy GG
06-11-2007, 02:33 AM
My neighbor came up to me after I got home from work today. Said he had seen me out dressed in women's cloths. Said he was going to tell all of the other neighbors. I told him to go ahead and tell everybody because once they all know then I can start having some parties here with 40 or 50 of my CD and TG friends and nobody would be upset when they came walking down the street. He said was serious and said so was I and that I had I would if I hear any more of this from him. And I could get a party together in a few hours. So if he had company over a party could happen here.

He back off his thread and say to keep away from his family. I said OK and went just a little red in the ears.
I grew up in Downriver, not exactly the bastion of diversity.
That said, I think he's an asshole but that you should be careful.
However, I think it sux that ppl are mean, stupid and evil sometimes.
Kew

Victoria Anne
06-11-2007, 02:42 AM
Glenda I'm proud of you,you handled that jerk quite well.I'm sorry you had the encounter but it could work out well for you.Stay strong:hugs::love:

noname
06-11-2007, 03:19 AM
Good for you standing your ground. Who does he think he is? I'm pretty sure he doesn't think of you when he gets dressed in morning.

Mitch23
06-11-2007, 03:45 AM
Fortunately most of society is more enlightened than your neighbour - unfortunately he lives near you

Mitch

O2B Barbara
06-11-2007, 04:36 AM
Way to go Glenda! Amazing what idiots some people are. As Einstein said: The difference between genius and stupidity -- genius has limitations.

Just let me know when the party is.

renee k
06-11-2007, 05:50 AM
Way to go Glenda. Let me know, I'll be there to support you !

Huggs, Renee

Falcor
06-11-2007, 06:12 AM
Luckily,i've an enormous fence[built by me for lifestyle purposes,oxide pigmented concrete]around my mortgage,so i can wander,ponce as much as my little beating heart wants to,a very private world,,,,although,too our friends who are aware of my fem persona,there are no problems[rejection or ridicule]

rachel_rachel
06-11-2007, 06:22 AM
I once had a confrontation with my former nieghbour. Although it wasn't related to my crossdressing.. But if he had have seen me at all however i would have commented that i look better as a woman than the thing he called a wife.

Stephanie Stephens
06-11-2007, 07:28 AM
glenda- my neighbor (a girl) busted me the other night and my wife ran up and said dont pick on my boy toy. sweet is it not.

stephanie

Emily Ann Brown
06-11-2007, 07:34 AM
Well now I know who my friends are.....you didn't invite me !!!!!!!!!!!!

You get high marks from me on standing up for yourself. Just hope he isn't a NEXT DOOR neighbor.

Emily Ann

MJ
06-11-2007, 07:37 AM
you did the right thing glenda . now i would out myself to everyone in the nabourhood and have that party hmm a coming out party :D don't back down

Mary L
06-11-2007, 08:08 AM
Congratulations for standing up for yourself in a difficult situation. You might consider filing a complaint with the police, just to have it on record. To some extent, you were faced with a form of blackmail. With an existing police report, if anything further happens, you will have a document trail and you will be able to truthfully respond to anyone who confronts you that you are known to the community and the police are aware of the situation.
Regards,
Mary

Sharon B.
06-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Just let us all know when and what time the party is, we can give him something really to talk about.
Maybe he is ashame because he really wants to try it himself but peer pressure saids no?

Di
06-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Good for you standing up for yourself:hugs:. Sorry your neighbor is an narrow minded idiot JERK:devil:. Please be careful...he doesn't sound like he's wrapped to tight.:hugs:

Wendy me
06-11-2007, 09:09 AM
lol your neighbor sounds like a lot of fun .... lol you did very well in dealing with him .... just a thought for his next cook out send him a male stripper .....

Jenny Beth
06-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Like everyone else here I'm glad to hear you had the nerve to stand up to him. I like your party idea but morons like him don't take kindly to having someone be one up on them. You've made your point so there's no need to give him an opportunity for further confrontation. He obviously has a short fuse and chances are the neighbours don't like him and wouldn't believe a word he says anyway. If I were you I'd ignore him completely but I'd sure keep an eye over my shoulder.

Dasein9
06-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Good job, Glenda!

Better than retaliation, make a point of looking after the older ladies in the neighbourhood. They're the ones in charge of neighbourhood gossip most of the time, and thank goodness, too! How else would we know who'd had the baby and whose kid had graduated? :D

The occasional stopping by to say, "Hey, I'm running to the store, do you need anything?" or mowed lawn can do wonders for your neighbourhood rep. The rest of the neighbours appreciate your looking after their wives and mothers, so they'll stand up for you.

Sissy
06-11-2007, 09:41 AM
Glenda you done a great job standing up to that jerk. If he wants to tell everybody that you are a crossdresser you should not lift a finger to stop him. I would not worry about any of his threats. It would be a good idea to talk to the police and tell them what happened, they might talk to the guy. That might be all it takes to discourage him from bothering you again. Good luck to you.

Glenda58
07-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Here's the thread about my nieghbor

Jenna Lynne
07-11-2007, 12:10 AM
This kind of thing really scares me. I'm just about to rent a house specifically so I can have some privacy so I can dress how I like, when I like. The place I'm looking at is in a quiet suburban neighborhood, and you just never know. I mean, on Sunday morning the newspaper is not going to be on my porch, it's going to be down at the end of the driveway, and I'll need to go get it before I eat breakfast, and I'll be wearing nail polish and stuff, and there will be kids riding their bikes up and down and all.

An apartment would be safer, but I need more floor space than that.

I really, really hate feeling this way. Feeling trapped. Like, when do I get to just be me?

In my fantasies, nobody cares. I can come and go, and as long as I look presentable, the question of whether I'm a presentable man or a presentable woman should make no difference. It's a sweet fantasy, isn't it?

***Jenna*** (wanting to cry now)

Dixie
07-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Your neighbor sounds like a real loser!

Violetgray
07-11-2007, 01:35 AM
"Just stay away from my family?"
What did he think, that a T-girl was going to pounce on his wife and kids as they pull into the driveway, give her a makover and turn the kids into raging sissies?

Sure there are murderers, rapists, kidnappers and sex offenders out on the streets, but its nice to know that your neighbor's got that tranny problem on lockdown!

Rachael
07-11-2007, 03:18 AM
Good for you standing your ground. Who does he think he is? I'm pretty sure he doesn't think of you when he gets dressed in morning.

Maybe he does and that's his problem:devil::drink:

MsTDot
07-11-2007, 06:38 AM
What did he think, that a T-girl was going to pounce on his wife and kids as they pull into the driveway, give her a makover and turn the kids into raging sissies?

LOL Violet.

This guy is a real piece of work. Your comeback was priceless, Glenda.

Melora
07-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Glenda..
Your neighbor is an ASS!
Please do what you will to him, AND make it hurt and bite too! :) Hehe!

Tiffy
07-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Glenda,
Way to go babe. I wish I had your style. Because the redneck under my dress would have kicked the smack outta him. Well done and handled well.

Tiffany

MsJoann
07-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Hey, that is one good way we have an advantage at picking up some real estate at a cheap price!
I have rather annoying neighbors who love to strut their stuff with their loud parties. I am planning one myself hopefully this summer with a few other TG friends. Surely I'll see a "for sale" sign go up.
When the realtor is showing off the property, I'll surely be outside tending to my garden! LOL.
You go girl!

tall_brianna
07-11-2007, 10:21 AM
I love it! You so rule 0 :yrtw:

Actually, you can't imagine how much easier it makes life once the neighbors know. Mine do, I've got guys from clerks renting a house on one side and a cute little family with baby on the other. I was out one night - my tg friends drag me to some of the straitest places - and there's one of the roommate neighbors and we're talking with a girl who turns out to be his gf. "Hi Jeff" with a wave and smile. Then taxi home (still dressed) there's the other neighbor pulling up in his driveway - oh well... suck it up... "Hi Brad" with a wave.

They still borrow sugar - literally. I know this reality isn't universal yet - this is the other side of the rainbow where I dwell.

:troll:

Kimberley
07-11-2007, 10:34 AM
When you have that party, make sure it is themed.... DRAG QUEENS and KINGS! Maybe do rednecks in drag the following week...

Yup, that ought to put a for sale sign on his lawn...

:hugs:
Kimberley

Chace
07-11-2007, 10:42 AM
OMG i love the way you put him in his place .Some can be so grrr ..Id so love you as a neighbor lol so get up here to canada and lets get that party started .tee hee you did well handleing him High fives the smarts you used in that situation ..Very nice xo from Chace

gmss
07-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Like everyone else here I'm glad to hear you had the nerve to stand up to him. I like your party idea but morons like him don't take kindly to having someone be one up on them. You've made your point so there's no need to give him an opportunity for further confrontation. He obviously has a short fuse and chances are the neighbours don't like him and wouldn't believe a word he says anyway. If I were you I'd ignore him completely but I'd sure keep an eye over my shoulder.

I agree with Jenny here.

It's excellent that you stood up to him :thumbsup: , but that in and of itself is usually enough to get them to back off.

You're the only one who really knows your neighbour, and if he keep up his antics, I think this thread contains lots of good options for you...

Well done!
Sherry

GlitterGG
07-11-2007, 11:34 AM
What you did was awesome hun!!! Took the wind right out of his sails. Just always remember..... you can't fix stupid!

TerriM
07-11-2007, 11:45 AM
There will never be a shortage of idiots in this world. You were great in your response.
Yours Terri

AmberDay
07-11-2007, 11:53 AM
:2c:Does your neighbor realize that you both live in the United States where you have the freedom of expression?

My neighbor looked through my window one night while throwing out her trash and just happened to glance through my side door window, and I was washing dishes dressed en femme. I never noticed her, but didn't care if she did. When I was at work the next day, she knocked on my front door, to break the news to my wife that I was gay. Although my wife strongly strongly dislikes my crossdressing, she stood up for me, and replied that what we did in our house was our business. I always make a point to wave at her; ironicly she smiles and waves back.

I know several people are fearful of being 'outed'. I don't broadcast it, but don't hide it either. I shave my legs, wear shorts in public, and wear earings while driving a bus through the west side of Dayton. I could get fired if my company put two and two together, but I will be who I am at the same time. Besides, if a boss or coworker was looking on this site it probably means they are in the community or support the transgendered. I have little to fear.

My father in law lives two streets away, and hates my guts, so to keep peace for my wife and her family, I don't hardly go in the yard dressed. When I buy a house in a year or two, you can bet I am going to enjoy my freedom and dress around my house/ yard whenever I want. :happy:

PheonaP
07-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Way to go Glenda, good for you.
I like Kimberley idea of a themed party, could be "Vicars and Tarts", your neighbour sounds like right "TART".

Marcie Sexton
07-11-2007, 01:21 PM
I would be bound to have some friends over, be it gg's or cd/tg's, just to make a point...and to have the pleasure of showing him he could stick it where the sun doesn't shine...