PDA

View Full Version : What's in a Name?

Mary Morgan
06-10-2007, 10:39 PM
I have been struggling for some time with the fact that my mother died last November. She was 84, lived at home, did it her way and had a great life. I'm struggling because for more than 20 years, I called her every Sunday and now I miss her. I'm struggling because I wanted to tell her about the real me, not the youngster she caught in her clothes, but the child that I really was and the person I really am. I think she knew, but I'd love to know. I'm sure she loved me regardless. I look alot like her and that pleases me, not because she was a raving beauty, but because she was my mother. Anyway, I will turn 60 in August and I'm giving myself a present. I am changing my name to Mary Louise in honor of my mother. I guess there can be alot in a name.

If you still have your mother, and if you wonder what she would say about you, ask her. I think you'll find some new freedom from talking to her. What do you think?

Roxi Loh
06-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Good for you Mary Louise...I think that is a fitting tribute to your mom. As she looks down from heaven she will take pride in you.

sterling12
06-11-2007, 02:17 AM
You can still tell her. If she has a gravesite, just go visit, say a simple prayer or whatever words you would choose....and then tell her! If she was cremated, and her ashes where scattered, you can still do something similar, you just get to pick the place.

Depends on what you believe, but she just might get the message. I think you might be amazed how much better it will make you feel. I lost my Mom about 4 months ago, did that very thing.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Chantelle CD
06-11-2007, 02:48 AM
Im so sorry for your loss. I am sure she knows all now as she looks down apon you, and is very proud of you.

I did tell my mom, and was not a good idea for my case. we are very close, and always have been, but is always by her judgments and rules.

Victoria Anne
06-11-2007, 02:56 AM
Mary Louise I am sorry for your loss and I believe your mother would be proud of you. I told my mother not long ago and my news was met with love and support.
Viccy

Gina_darling
06-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Sorry for your loss. I have told my Mum and she has been very supportive despite finding it difficult to understand. It will be a nice tribute to your mother's memory. Let's all have a toast to the women who will love us and support us no matter what, our mothers.