PDA

View Full Version : Identify yourself!

John
06-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Dose anyone have trouble being IDed now that they look more maskulin? I was just wondering, cas I went to buy a bottle of vodca, and got asked 'do you have ID or that mate'. So on the plus side, I passed! On the down side, I then had to show ID labelling me miss J*** *********. The pore lad looked so confused! So... yeah. anyone elce get IDed more, or have trouble with people accepting ID? (I know Taylor's mentioned it before...)

Felix
06-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Hi John I pass well, like last weekend a pupil from Yachicas school saw us and said miss was that ya bloke I loved it cos she said yes :thumbsup: But it's all dependennt on a few things. A few weeks ago we was on the bus and she called me C**** lol a girl from her school saw us and said to her was I her mother. A double wammy I hate being called that, the identity couldn't be helped cos of her saying my name. I used to get real stressed about it. Now only occasionally and only a little bit as I don't want to end up with an ulcer cos I'm stressed. Luckily cos of my age I don't get asked for ID so that's a plus :thumbsup: It must be hard for younger ppl when they are asked for ID and they are trying to pass I feel for ya xx Felix :hugs:

Chrysoprase
06-11-2007, 01:11 PM
It really is best to get an updated picture on your ID/passport. Most people that need to check ID glance at 2 things, the pic and if the name matches the name on a credit card and rarely read it enough to get to the titles, ht, wht, gender. Getting an updated picture is easy and usually wont cost as much as a licence renewal.

An ID with a pic of my long hair and wearing a blouse took me an hour or so to get and has made my life ALOT easier on a day to day basis. Its not a name change, but it helps.

John
06-11-2007, 02:02 PM
I only got my ID a few weeks ago, so the pictures up to date, but it's not exactly subtle on the 'miss' or 'femail bit'.

Cai
06-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Mine is fairly subtle on the gender note - it's just an "F" in the lower corner, not in pink or anything. But I have a fairly obvious female name that would be hard to miss.

I need to get a new pic with my short hair, though. I'm halfway thinking of just waiting until I turn 21, when I need a new one anyway, instead of paying the $15 and waiting in the lines, and then having to do it again in 10 months.

Dasein9
06-11-2007, 02:12 PM
My driver's license has the F right where there's a hologram, so people don't always see it.

And I made sure to butch up when I got my passport photo. Maybe I should wear the same shirt and jacket to travel in a few weeks...

Adam
06-11-2007, 03:35 PM
i get id ed every time i go for lotto tickets but as my drivers lisence is in my right name its not a problem :D

false_dichotomy
06-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I hate using my credit card, since people don't believe the name is mine so I have to get out my stupid ID to "prove" that I'm something I'm not!!! Eh but whatever. I figure if it messes with their heads then that's a step forward for other-gendered people anyhow!

Evert
06-11-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm always trying cover stuff up with my fingers :devil:

http://www.marcovanderziel.nl/images/idkaart.gif

But as you can see the M/F is barely noticable... :D:thumbsup:

happyfish
06-11-2007, 06:53 PM
I guess it's a good thing that I don't go clubbing/buy alcohol a lot. I tend to look like a fifteen year old boy (:rolleyes:) and my id has an old pic of me with my long hair in braids. >.< One of my goals this summer is to get my name changed, so I'll have to update my driver's license once that's done. Get a better picture. The only times I've been id-ed recently where at gender-benders or places with drag kings, so no one blinked at the fact that my picture showed a girl.

ZenFrost
06-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Well, I do have a really female name (as in, could never be mistaken for a male name) so when new teachers call role for the first time I get a lot of weird looks. Especially when I tell them I go by my male name. Also, when I do have to show my ID, which isn't often, people often look surprised. So yeah, I suppose I have some trouble.

John
06-12-2007, 02:47 AM
I figure if it messes with their heads then that's a step forward for other-gendered people anyhow!

My thoughts exactly :heehee:, there's nothing quite so amusing as a gender-based mind f*ck

Ryan
06-13-2007, 05:40 PM
I get asked for ID alot. I mean, you wont beleieve this, but I am a bouncer, and I went out one night to one of the pubs I used to work at, and I got asked for ID! I told him I told him I had worked there, on the doors, and he did eventually let me in! I get told I am like a young boy alot too.

A while ago I was in a cafe and there were an elderly couple sat on the table next to me, and the guy got up n went to the counter and the woman started talking to me. She asked why I wasn't at school, lol! I told her I was 26 and she couldn't believe it, she mentioned to the guy when he came back that 'I asked this young man why he wasn't at school, and he is actually 26'. It kinda made my day, coz with my chest etc, I do find it hard to pass....even though the guy did take a second look when she called me a young man!