PDA

View Full Version : shaved legs?

Corrine GG
06-11-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm just curious, how many of you shave your legs? My husband has really hairy legs and he doesn't shave them, I guess that would be the first thing to raise eyebrows.

danielle_from_cal
06-11-2007, 08:20 PM
I think he would be surprised by how few people even seem to notice. A wife or partner might notice, because they might actually touch the legs, but very few people look at others so closely.

I shaved mine last summer and thought everyone would notice, but not even my wife did.

It's one of those things that is much less of a big deal than we think.

Patty
06-11-2007, 08:21 PM
I wear shorts at work and only one female said I wonder what the rest looks like! I started shaving whole body about a year ago. It feels so good. :2c:

Joyce1702
06-11-2007, 08:23 PM
My legs are hairless year round. If anyone notices, they don't say anything, and I wear shorts all summer long.

Joyce

carnut62
06-11-2007, 08:24 PM
I had been thinking of shaving for a lont time. After reading another thread on shaving a few weeks ago I just went ahead and did it. That was 2 weeks ago and my wife still hasn't noticed. When people said that nobody noticed I figured for sure my wife would right away but girl was I wrong.

Tabitha

MJ
06-11-2007, 08:44 PM
years ago i was at a public pool and i had very hairy legs and i heard the comment by a couple of girls look at those legs why doesn't he shave them :eek:.. well i was a guy but ... when i did shave them no body notice apart from shaving them every 3 days

DianaGomez
06-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Loads of men have to and do shave them. Especially athletes. You do NOT want to get a massage with hairy legs, try and un knot the leg hairs if you will! Cyclists for instance always have shaven legs because they will normally have a daily massage when in competition. Swimmers mostly shave to cut down water resistance. etc etc. Remember girls that the newer generation is full of metrosexuals, and shaved legs is not an issue. I havent shaved my genitals yet but thats just because I've been dragging my feet on the issue. I've had two GG's that I was intimate with insist they wanted that. Looks better and feels better they say. I agree!

SandyR
06-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Every day, in the shower. My wife hated them at first, now she buys me razors.

Hugs.

SandyR

Charleen
06-11-2007, 09:02 PM
I do! I do!

Cai
06-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Loads of men have to and do shave them. Especially athletes. You do NOT want to get a massage with hairy legs, try and un knot the leg hairs if you will! Cyclists for instance always have shaven legs because they will normally have a daily massage when in competition. Swimmers mostly shave to cut down water resistance. etc etc.

The fun part with swimmers is that they won't shave (even the girls) in the weeks leading up to a big meet, and then do a total body shavedown the night before the meet. Supposedly it helps to have drag while training and then you are faster during the race. I do it, because the rest of the team does, but I've never really bought that it made any difference.

cdlaura2007
06-11-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm a bicyclist and if you show up for a group ride with hairy legs, you will stand out. Gives me a perfect excuse to shave. I wear shorts all the time in the summer and nobody has ever said anything to me at all about it.

Corrine GG
06-11-2007, 09:59 PM
For those of you who want to shave your genitals, just do it!!!

My husband has always 'trimmed' and I never thought anything of it....I thought all guys do it. I trim myself....I think Maxim Magazine says it's a must. I may have even read it in Cosmo!

I would never think twice about the genitals but I would raise an eyebrow to the legs....go figure!

joann426
06-11-2007, 10:08 PM
i am a cd and my wife knows it too but i wood like to shave all of my whole body and my legs i have been taken some of my hair off little at a time maybe she wont knoe when it all comes off

carnut62
06-11-2007, 10:16 PM
i am a cd and my wife knows it too but i wood like to shave all of my whole body and my legs i have been taken some of my hair off little at a time maybe she wont knoe when it all comes off

Joann, I tried that just the top 3-4 inches of the legs and bottoms she never said a thing. They started looking a little strange after shaving the tops, you could definately see a line, unlike the natural randomness of the start at the top. Now they are completely shaved. It feels really really really weird for 3 days, kind of like they are wet, then starts to feel normal. I like the feel and think I will just keep doing it.

Tabitha.

TracyH
06-11-2007, 10:20 PM
My girlfriend insists that I keep my body and legs shaved, but not my arms. Apparently, while in bed, everything is okay, but the arms are too prickly, no matter what I do, so I just don't shave them.

Sheri 4242
06-11-2007, 10:41 PM
I've shaved my legs for years and never had a comment. I personally know the members of several football coaching staffs (h.s. and college), and down here in the deep south most (75%) of the coaches shave their legs (to stay cool and b/c hair exacerbates odor) especially starting with two-a-days in the summer. Many of the players did, too. Weight lifters do -- and tennis players, to add to the above athletic lists.

My father (who, to the best of my knowledge was not a CDer) shaved his armpits at the start of each summer -- we lived in a very hot and humid climate and he said it was more sanitary, helped with smell, etc.

The other day I was at a pool party and one of my best friends was wearing shorts, something he rarely does. His legs were as smooth as mine, so I asked him if he shaved. He said no, that the lack of hair came from years and years of wearing nothing but long pants day in and day out. This reminded me that my dad and another man I knew both had little to no hair on their legs for the same reason.

Nobody seems to notice or care. The only people I have heard of who care have been some SO's who were having problems with their husband's CDing -- and when shaving came up, it just acted like salt in a wound.

AshleyLove
06-11-2007, 10:55 PM
I do! No one notices because I wear pants all the time. But I do keep wondering if someone in the house will notice as I make the mad dash from the bathroom to my bedroom.

What products do you all use? I just use disposable razors and guy shaving cream. Then baby oil gel afterwards

Emilia
06-11-2007, 10:57 PM
I shave (or trim closely) everything between my waist and knees year round, but usually only completely shave my legs in the winter. Luckily my hair is is light and fine, so I'm not very hairy.

Glenda58
06-11-2007, 11:03 PM
I shave my whole body and nobody has said a thing. I once had a full beard and shave it off one weekend. It took my girlfriend 2 weeks before she asks me what was different with me and no one at work said a think.

Ericka2
06-11-2007, 11:15 PM
I play soccer in two different teams and i feel a little weird shaving my legs alltough my girlfriend tells me to shave, she thinks that i would look very hot wearing a short skirt , she seems to think that i have very sexy legs, what do you all think?

Sheri 4242
06-11-2007, 11:17 PM
What products do you all use? I just use disposable razors and guy shaving cream. Then baby oil gel afterwards

Ashley,

This is just a suggestion for an experiment -- and if you do experiment with it, I would be interested if you find any differences. I use women's shave cream (my favorite is Skintimate Citrus) and a woman's razor (arms and pits: Venus Divine; legs: Venus Breeze ). On my recent trip to Las Vegas I ran out of shave cream, and the hotel mini-store only had men's shave cream in stock. Well, I bought it but was immediately struck by what I thought was how it wasn't as smooth a shave. Later during my stay, I was at the hotel's spa and used a man's disposable razor and male shave cream that they had out to shave my armpits. Once again, it just didn't feel as smooth and silky.

Sarah V
06-11-2007, 11:19 PM
I too keep my legs, as well as most of my body hairless year-round. Feels Great! :happy:

kaitlin
06-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Hi Girls, I started shaving my legs about 4 years ago. The only person that has ever asked is a neice that thinks it cool. I hate to have stubble, so I shave about every three days. I also keep my arm hair cut short but not shaved, arm pits are shaved and everything is smooth from the waist down. Kaitlin

cindi51
06-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Yes I do shave my legs, but I stop in the summer and let it grow out.

sandra-leigh
06-12-2007, 12:34 AM
For those of you who want to shave your genitals, just do it!!!

My wife laughed, asked why I wanted to do that, and then asked me not to do it again.

My wife noticed when I removed about a 2" strip of arm-hair near the wrist (testpatch for hair remover chemicals). My arm-hair isn't very thick, so it wasn't like it was a gapping big furless patch, just the thin wrist-hair ending marginally sooner. She didn't like this.

My wife notices when I shave the six or so hairs I have on my upper chest. Okay, so I exaggerate a little: I just counted, and really it's 12 hairs (seriously.) But she doesn't like it when I do that. (Now this she hasn't gotten her way on, particularily if I'm planning to wear something lower-cut.)

This is the same woman who didn't notice for a couple of years that I was wearing womens panties most of the time. (True, I did start out by showing her the mens panties, but the womens panties I wore were mostly brand name, available in any department store...)

AshleyLove
06-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Ashley,

This is just a suggestion for an experiment -- and if you do experiment with it, I would be interested if you find any differences. I use women's shave cream (my favorite is Skintimate Citrus) and a woman's razor (arms and pits: Venus Divine; legs: Venus Breeze ). On my recent trip to Las Vegas I ran out of shave cream, and the hotel mini-store only had men's shave cream in stock. Well, I bought it but was immediately struck by what I thought was how it wasn't as smooth a shave. Later during my stay, I was at the hotel's spa and used a man's disposable razor and male shave cream that they had out to shave my armpits. Once again, it just didn't feel as smooth and silky.

I'll definitely give your suggestions a try; although I've read on this forum that the preferred choice is the 'guy' razor. And now that I think about it, I had an ex that liked the 'guy' razors better.
But I'm still kind of a newbie when it comes to that department, so any advice is appreciated! :happy:

DawnRodgers
06-12-2007, 01:24 AM
Keep entire body hairless - legs, genitals, stomach, chest, arms, underarms. Live in Florida and wear shorts and tank tops almost exclusoively and go to the communuty pool often. Noobody has ever said anything and, if they did, I would hust tell them that I like my body hairlless Which I do. As if it's any of their business.
My wife has gotten used to it and doesn't pay it any attention anymore. Lets face it, nothing looks worse when you put on your nylons than hair pressed down against your legs. Ugh. And stray hairs peeking out of your panties? I don;'t think so. f we expect our women to be mostly hairless and that is the fashion, then why wouldn;t we do the same when we are expressing our feminine side?

megan163
06-12-2007, 01:37 AM
For me, it's a seasonal thing. Fall, Winter I shave my legs but Spring, Summer I don't because then I will be wearing shorts. I know alot of us think people don't notice, but I'm sure they do. As much as they also notice plucked brows and other feminization. Of course, many of us don't care if anyone notices.

Sarah Welch
06-12-2007, 02:29 AM
I stay smooth 24/7, but I use waxing at the local salon and an epilator in between at home. Yes it was painful at first but as the hair grows back finer and lighter it is no big deal now and I stay smooth for 4 to 6 weeks in between trips to the salon.

Tasha Meredith
06-12-2007, 02:53 AM
My wife notices when I shave the six or so hairs I have on my upper chest. Okay, so I exaggerate a little: I just counted, and really it's 12 hairs (seriously.) But she doesn't like it when I do that. (Now this she hasn't gotten her way on, particularily if I'm planning to wear something lower-cut.)

LOL. Oh you kidder you! :heehee:

Shaving? Ah, yes I shave and the results are wonderful. At first it was just curiosity: a college kid wondering what it would feel like to have legs just like the girls on campus. My male roommate found out about it eventually and joined in.

Presently, I'm shaved or depilated 24/7. It does wonders for cleanliness. I look and feel younger and feel less masculine. At the gym I wear shorts regularly and never get so much as an odd look. Athletics-wise I guess there's a bunch of practical reasons for leg-shaving, but truth is, I just love the look and feel.

Phyliss
06-12-2007, 03:20 AM
I stay smooth 24/7, but I use waxing at the local salon and an epilator in between at home. Yes it was painful at first but as the hair grows back finer and lighter it is no big deal now and I stay smooth for 4 to 6 weeks in between trips to the salon.

My kinda "girl" I've been "hair free" for over two years now and love it. Used to shave just my legs, but as we all know, "more is better". Got tired of the every other day thing when shaving, so tried "wax" and, well,.... I only use my razor for my face now.

BTW as for noticing the hairless legs, zero problem there. At the gym it seems that everybody else is "into" their own thing and are too selfabsorbed to bother looking.

Laurie909
06-12-2007, 03:47 AM
I can't stand hairy legs. I use to wax mine but now I shave, still non-hairy legs are attractive. When I see a man wearing shorts with hairy legs, I want to puke. The only place hair is attractive is on you head!

RachelDenise
06-12-2007, 04:57 AM
I want to go hairless but the SO won't go for it at all. Rats!

Fab Karen
06-12-2007, 05:16 AM
I wear shorts at work and only one female said I wonder what the rest looks like!

Of course it depends on your interest in her, but I might follow a question like that with,"would you like to have dinner?":devil:

Paulacder
06-12-2007, 05:22 AM
It would be interesting if you only shaved one leg, would people then notice? I doubt it...he...he....:drink:

kimdresses
06-12-2007, 05:46 AM
I started by saving my legs. Then one day, i just shaved my entire body. Chest, back, arm and legs, everything. That was about 5 years ago. I work with a lot of women. A few comments were they really liked the smoothness. And only a few comments. I had really hairy arms. I would never go back to all that hair.

alshea243
06-12-2007, 06:07 AM
i been shavig my legs and under my arms since i was 16 i have never stop

Jocelyn Quivers
06-12-2007, 09:16 AM
I've been shaving everything for several years now, I've only been asked a couple of times about it, and then the conversation goes onto another topic. One bit of advice. Of all the area's to get knick's on the arm pits are the worse, especialy when putting on deodorant afterwards. Be very careful shaving that area due to razor bumps. Jocelyn

LindaTS
06-12-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm one of those who shave my whole body and have been doing it for many years. The only person who ever said anything was a doctor in the ER. I have no idea what he was so concerned about.

Deedee_tv
06-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Men have the freedom over their own bodies to choose whether we are ape-like or not. I choose not. This is completely mainstream as witnessed by products like this which I own.

http://www.shaveeverywhere.com/

I can't understand why a wife would try to dictate the hair on your chest or arms. Do you tell her she can't shave her legs?

This product does work great, it is designed specifically for men and it is the best way to shave your privates that I have found. it has never nicked me.

One additional thing is I live in Florida and applying sunscreen is a daily occurrence. That would be really gross if I all that hair.

Deedee_tv

mysteryhorn57
06-12-2007, 12:21 PM
This must be one of the most recurring topics here on the forum.

About 7 months ago I met a Domme Female on line who insisted I become shooth from the neck down.
I did, and will NEVER go back to hairy. In the past I hated bleaching or having to wear opaque pantyhose underneath sheer stockings.
I use a woman's "Intuition" razor once or twice a week. I just got a man's Phillips "Body Groom" and use it mostly for touch-ups. Yes, the "naughty bits" are tricky, and I try and use a women's after shave moisturizer afterward.
My GF helps me with the eyebrows, and insists that I let her wax my back (she is a frequent contributor here, and a wonderful person).

:thumbsup:

JulieC
06-12-2007, 12:35 PM
For me, it's a seasonal thing. Fall, Winter I shave my legs but Spring, Summer I don't because then I will be wearing shorts. I know alot of us think people don't notice, but I'm sure they do. As much as they also notice plucked brows and other feminization. Of course, many of us don't care if anyone notices.

I'll echo this. Quite a number of you are saying "nobody notices!" I'd tend to disagree with this. People ''do'' notice, but very few would even dream of saying anything, much less actually saying something. How would such a conversation go? You, in a store on a warm evening, wearing shorts.

Customer: "Ah, excuse me, I noticed you have no hair on your legs but lots on your arms?"

Why on earth would someone actually ask you that?

I'll grant that most people see what they expect to see; see someone wearing a skirt, they'll tend to think it is a woman unless proven otherwise. See a man in shorts, they'll tend to believe he has hairy legs unless closer inspection shows otherwise.

But, for the people that actually *do* notice, I bet it's only 1 in a 1000 that would actually say something about it. Don't delude yourselves. It IS noticed. But thankfully, in today's society it's a little more socially acceptable. It's not quite up to the level of male earrings, but it's close.

Jamie001
06-12-2007, 12:45 PM
It is really not anyone's business except yourself. Why do you care what other people think? What does it matter if you have hair on your legs or not? If someone actually asks you, just tell them that you like it that way or even tell them that it feels better when I wear pantyhose. :happy:

I'll echo this. Quite a number of you are saying "nobody notices!" I'd tend to disagree with this. People ''do'' notice, but very few would even dream of saying anything, much less actually saying something. How would such a conversation go? You, in a store on a warm evening, wearing shorts.

Customer: "Ah, excuse me, I noticed you have no hair on your legs but lots on your arms?"

Why on earth would someone actually ask you that?

I'll grant that most people see what they expect to see; see someone wearing a skirt, they'll tend to think it is a woman unless proven otherwise. See a man in shorts, they'll tend to believe he has hairy legs unless closer inspection shows otherwise.

But, for the people that actually *do* notice, I bet it's only 1 in a 1000 that would actually say something about it. Don't delude yourselves. It IS noticed. But thankfully, in today's society it's a little more socially acceptable. It's not quite up to the level of male earrings, but it's close.

Alice B
06-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Have had shaved legs for years. Can't imagine not being that way now. Al out in public all the time and no one notices or cares. Play golf that way and attend many male dominated functions without problems.

bobi jean
06-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Corrine
I am in my mid/ 50's, I have been shaving my legs for over 6 years and have had one family member comment. I lived and worked in shorts in Kansas until about 1 year ago, now living in southern california and there are more guys here with shaved legs, or at least hairless legs, than one could imagine. I notice things like this and I would say that 75% either have never had hair on their legs or shave for one reason or another. To top it off, It is one of the greatest feelings ever under a skirt.
Bobi

Jamie001
06-12-2007, 02:22 PM
I completely agree. If your wife insists that you don't shave your legs, they tell her that you don't want her to shave her legs either. Everyone needs to have control over their own body. Leg hair is such a minor thing...

Jamie :-)

Men have the freedom over their own bodies to choose whether we are ape-like or not. I choose not. This is completely mainstream as witnessed by products like this which I own.

http://www.shaveeverywhere.com/

I can't understand why a wife would try to dictate the hair on your chest or arms. Do you tell her she can't shave her legs?

This product does work great, it is designed specifically for men and it is the best way to shave your privates that I have found. it has never nicked me.

One additional thing is I live in Florida and applying sunscreen is a daily occurrence. That would be really gross if I all that hair.

Deedee_tv

StephanieH
06-12-2007, 02:25 PM
:D I shaved mine about two months ago and don't intend to let them go hairy again. Shave them about every three days, feels great, and nobody's noticed even when I'm in shorts. Wifey seems okay with it.

Take care and God bless! :tongueout

Mitch23
06-12-2007, 02:26 PM
my wife took about ten seconds to notice ....

Mitch

Mitch23
06-12-2007, 02:28 PM
I had been thinking of shaving for a lont time. After reading another thread on shaving a few weeks ago I just went ahead and did it. That was 2 weeks ago and my wife still hasn't noticed. When people said that nobody noticed I figured for sure my wife would right away but girl was I wrong.

Tabitha
sorry that made no sense - should have been quoted...

My wife took 10 seconds to notice!

Mitch

katie_n
06-12-2007, 04:10 PM
I wouldn't be without shaved legs now. I don't wear shorts though.

When I was feeling a bit braver though I wore clear nail varnish for awhile and I was shocked no-one said anything. I don't know if they didn't notice or didn't know what to say :)

carnut62
06-12-2007, 04:45 PM
sorry that made no sense - should have been quoted...

My wife took 10 seconds to notice!

Mitch

You know if my wife did notice she didn't say anything and I am _sure_ if she noticed she would say something. Either way I don't plan on stopping I like it.

Tabitha

Tasha Meredith
06-12-2007, 05:02 PM

Excellent point. Often we CDs tend to stop reading people when we don't want ourselves read.

I've worn clear nail polish out a few time and noticed a lingering glance or a double-take here and there. These people had clearly noticed but were tactful, or uninterested if nothing else.

Leg hair has been a lot different. I've gone to the gym, work, in front of my family with smooth legs clearly visible and never noticed any reaction. It's just not as taboo as it used to be.

fun4metoo2004
06-12-2007, 05:05 PM
I do. No one ever said anything to me. Debating on doing my arms now. once again, nobody would ask.

Joy Carter
06-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Legs and arms here. What self respecting girl wouldn't shave.:D

gabe
06-12-2007, 05:57 PM
I've been shaving from nose down ever since an old college girlfriend introduced me to the art of shaving. I am quite active with triathlon and marathon, never a comment or second look, if they did then they were very subtle. I am naturally hairless in a lot of places, it actually would be un-natural if I leave the minute amount of hair on my legs un-shaved. Un-shaved under arm causes chafing for me after a long run.

sami1952
06-12-2007, 06:40 PM
I shave my legs just about everyday and my armbits,arms and just about every in between.

prettywithsideburns
06-12-2007, 06:41 PM
I asked this in another thread, but I'll ask here too just to be sure: butt hair. I got it. I don't want it. I can't afford to wax it (which would probably be beyond my threshold of pain anyway), and I'm basically limited to razors. any ideas on how to shave it?

and sadly, no, I don't have a special someone that would be willing to do it for me.

jamie-upstate
06-12-2007, 07:17 PM
my legs are hairless year round even golfing in shorts in male mode no one has ever complained or ever said a word not even my father-in-law who golfs with me

gmss
06-12-2007, 07:20 PM
I asked this in another thread, but I'll ask here too just to be sure: butt hair. I got it. I don't want it. I can't afford to wax it (which would probably be beyond my threshold of pain anyway), and I'm basically limited to razors. any ideas on how to shave it?

and sadly, no, I don't have a special someone that would be willing to do it for me.

I suggest leaving that area alone.

A year or two back, I read a HILARIOUS post (funny for us, because we weren't him) about this exact subject. It's been a very long time since I've seen the post, and yet I still remember it - that was the impact it had...

The end result (no pun intended) was that it was a baaaaaad idea.

I'll try and dig up that post. It was funny as hell.

prettywithsideburns
06-12-2007, 07:22 PM
I suggest leaving that area alone.

A year or two back, I read a HILARIOUS post (funny for us, because we weren't him) about this exact subject. It's been a very long time since I've seen the post, and yet I still remember it - that was the impact it had...

The end result (no pun intended) was that it was a baaaaaad idea.

I'll try and dig up that post. It was funny as hell.

did it have anything to do with butt stubble? cause my worst fear in that area is that my butt stubble would sand the backs of my undergarments right off.

Phoebe Reece
06-12-2007, 08:07 PM
I've kept my legs shaved year round for at least 10 years now. I used to let the hair grow out in the summer, but then said 'what the heck' and kept them shaved. No one has ever said anything and I have been around plenty of friends wearing shorts in the summer.

Alex!
06-12-2007, 08:15 PM
I shave my body at least once or twice a year. I'm pretty hairy, I guess, but since I am blond the effect is not immediately obvious to folks around me. Also, since I am a cyclist and swimmer, shaving is not considered a big deal. My hair grows back very quickly, about a month - indeed, I sometimes have to shave my beard twice a day if I need to go to a party or date after work.

sherib
06-12-2007, 09:14 PM
I shaved my legs for a year before my wife noticed. Then she started complaing that other people will notice. No one ever mentioned it.

gmss
06-12-2007, 09:34 PM
@pwsb: could be, that sounds familiar. It was a good 5 minute read, but worth every minute. In the same way you can find a story on theonion.com that makes you split a gut laughing, this was a great story. Now that I've set everyone up, I probably won't be able to find it.... I'm looking for it though...

Hey here's a question for everyone that shaves their legs: in the way that facial hair grows back just a little bit thicker every time, and you eventually notice it; is it the same for leg hair? i.e. if you shave all winter and then let it grow out in the summer, does it seem or feel any thicker or different from before??

Thanks.

gmss
06-12-2007, 09:40 PM
I also think that most people actually do notice, but just don't say anything. It's easy to shape opinions without saying a word.

And that's good. It's just idea that people really do observe and catalog what they see on a regular basis without saying anything.

prettywithsideburns
06-12-2007, 09:53 PM
@pwsb: could be, that sounds familiar. It was a good 5 minute read, but worth every minute. In the same way you can find a story on theonion.com that makes you split a gut laughing, this was a great story. Now that I've set everyone up, I probably won't be able to find it.... I'm looking for it though...

Hey here's a question for everyone that shaves their legs: in the way that facial hair grows back just a little bit thicker every time, and you eventually notice it; is it the same for leg hair? i.e. if you shave all winter and then let it grow out in the summer, does it seem or feel any thicker or different from before??

Thanks.

allow me to blind you with science:

FACT- hair does not grow back thicker after shaving. it only seems that way.

all hair grows to a certain length and then falls out, with the follicle starting a new hair in it's place. this is not noticeable because the follicles are randomized and do not drop their hairs in synch (although it's not uncommon for them to drop their hairs in sink). when new hair grows in it's tip is tapered, starting out fine and growing gradually thicker until it reaches it's maximum girth, and then grows the rest of the way like that. when cut the hair loses that finer tip (unless you're cutting it all wrong!) and so presents as a blunt tipped hair. in much the same way as a grouping of cylinders would appear denser than the same number of cones, hair that has been shaved seems denser as it grows back. but given enough time for each follicle cycle through to the next hair it would clearly be the exact same density as the original growth.

fun fact: when a person goes bald they actually have the same amount of hair as they ever did, it's just that they are now growing finer hairs like you might find on the back of your hand in in place of the old longer and thicker hairs of youth.

SandyR
06-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Laurie,

Long time comming, but my wife and I both really like the shaved leg thing. She often notices the men who are shaved at the gym.

Hugs.

SandyR

gmss
06-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Ok - here it is.

It could be urban legend, but it sounds believable...

If you decide to do it after you read this, please do let us know how you made out...

WARNING: story is rather, uhm, yucky...
Sad story... (http://www.hotboat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31303&highlight=shave+butt+hair)

gmss
06-12-2007, 10:17 PM
allow me to blind you with science:

FACT- hair does not grow back thicker after shaving. it only seems that way.

Interesting. I won't disbelieve you because I simply don't know that's not the case.

All I can offer on my side of the equation, is that in my 25+ years of shaving, I've never ever heard that before.

That said, the only thing I know for sure, is that I don't know everything, so now you have me curious to get more corroboration and more information on that statement.

Anyway, good luck with the back door shaving. Do be careful!

Christine Davis
06-12-2007, 10:22 PM
I shave my entire body. I just fell in love with the Venus Breeze. It produces a gel when it gets wet. It works great for legs and underarms.

prettywithsideburns
06-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Interesting. I won't disbelieve you because I simply don't know that's not the case.

All I can offer on my side of the equation, is that in my 25+ years of shaving, I've never ever heard that before.

That said, the only thing I know for sure, is that I don't know everything, so now you have me curious to get more corroboration and more information on that statement.

Anyway, good luck with the back door shaving. Do be careful!

will the mayo clinic (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hair-removal/AN00638) suffice for corroboration?

also, snopes (http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/hairgrow.asp)

Frankie-Dear
06-12-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm 38. I've been shaving my face since I was 18, and STILL can't grow a beard to save my life, so I'll throw in my hand with science and back that with my own anecdotal evidence. The only time I ended up with a "hairsuit" (hirsute) nightmare, was after breaking my arm as a teenager and remaining in a cast for 16 weeks. When the cast came off, my arm looked like it was cloned from a friggin' Sasquatch. Yeesh... I shaved it and the hair came back to its normal pre-broken status. Hairy, but not Sasquatch-ville. LOL

This thread has got me interested in shaving my legs and forearms. I've shaved my pits for years... No one has ever said a word about it.

gmss
06-12-2007, 10:37 PM
will the mayo clinic (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hair-removal/AN00638) suffice for corroboration?

also, snopes (http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/hairgrow.asp)

Yes. Yes it will. I look forward to reading that info.

Given that, I guess it means that simply makes no difference to the appearance of the hair when it grows back, after having shaved for a continuous lengthy period of time.

That's gooooood.

JamieTV
06-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Girl you have him shave them, you and he will love them and noone will notice

TxKimberly
06-12-2007, 10:48 PM
I do and I've never had anyone give me an odd look. It's relatively common these days for a guy to wax assorted parts. lol

Kim

ChastityInFemme
06-12-2007, 11:13 PM
i always keep my legs shaved...the feeling is wonderful!

prettywithsideburns
06-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Ok - here it is.

It could be urban legend, but it sounds believable...

If you decide to do it after you read this, please do let us know how you made out...

WARNING: story is rather, uhm, yucky...
Sad story... (http://www.hotboat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31303&highlight=shave+butt+hair)
okay, I just read that. certainly something to think about. however, nothing a little talc couldn't fix.

apparently they didn't teach that guy about talc in his fancy high-falootin' cah-lige!

gmss
06-12-2007, 11:34 PM
As I say, I can't rule out urban legend either.

Let us know how you make out.

goofus
06-13-2007, 01:06 AM
I'm just curious, how many of you shave your legs? My husband has really hairy legs and he doesn't shave them, I guess that would be the first thing to raise eyebrows.

Generally I shave my legs from early fall to early spring - I grow the hair back in the summertime so that I won't look "odd" when I wear shorts :happy:

Chantelle CD
06-13-2007, 05:16 AM
Came home from work, had a nice hot bath, and shaved my chest and legs, and then lotion, and it feels great, haveing skin again feels so nice, i love it!!
but in a day from now i will feel like a cactus and hate that, want to try a elipta thingy a magiggie <blush>

chantelle

Robin Leigh
06-13-2007, 08:33 AM
Well what do you know? Another body shaving thread! I suppose I ought to post a link to my Dry Shaving (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=535591#post535591) technique. :)

Dry shaving is great for everyone, but it's especially useful for those who don't shave so frequently. It's also a very safe way to shave the nether regions, although you may wish to use an unmodified razor in these delicate areas, especially on locations that you can't see.

If anyone tries this technique, please let me know. Everybody who tries it likes it. :happy:

:hugs:

Robin

Gretchen
06-13-2007, 12:27 PM
As much as I love freshly shaved legs whenever I dress, I will be taking a summer "hiatus" starting at the end of next week and letting the hair grow out. Wife will be off for the summer, so my dressing activities will be substantially curtailed until early August. I think I am ready for a short "vacation" from dressing, nothing permanent though.
GD

Mitch23
06-13-2007, 01:52 PM
took my wife 4 months to notice clear varnish and noone else has!

Mitch

gmss
06-13-2007, 04:47 PM
took my wife 4 months to notice clear varnish and noone else has!

Mitch

Clear varnish? Wass that exactly?

susie evans
06-13-2007, 05:15 PM
i have shaved entire body for years and been in and out of the hospital several times and no one has ever said any thing that i can remember :hugs:

susie

Denise01
06-13-2007, 10:06 PM
I am totally shaved now for well over 3 years, and definately would not go back to having the ucky hair on either my legs , arms or chest.

I have been in the hospital several times in the past 3 years. The one procedure i was to have, the nurse came to shave where they were going to enter.
Her comment was " you are already shaved, good " and that was the total of the conversation about being shaved.

Since I work outside in the summer with other people, and wear a t-shirt with short sleves all the time, I thought that I might get some sarcastic comments from some people, but never has a word been said about my shaved legs or arms.

It always feels so nice too, when i am dresses, wearing a skirt, and panty hose, to have them on with nicely fresh shave legs.

I would encourage any one that wears hose and skirts or dresses to shave totally, and know they will love how good it feels

Denise

Frankie-Dear
06-13-2007, 10:49 PM
I waxed my hairy forearms, this evening, and it burned like the fires of hell, but now, an hour later, my arms feel smooth as silk, and I really like it!

Julia Welch
06-13-2007, 10:54 PM
I do...I cycle competetively so nobody thinks it's wierd.

Plus hairy legs look awful on girls so naturally a hairy guy trying to look like a girl looks just as bad.

gmss
06-13-2007, 11:03 PM
I waxed my hairy forearms, this evening, and it burned like the fires of hell, but now, an hour later, my arms feel smooth as silk, and I really like it!

Oh I see. So it's like a pain endurance test, and to the winners; soft, smooth silky skin. :D

Hmmm.... that sounds pretty good....

+1 for Julia's comment as well.

I'm convinced that's the way to go [for me.]

Victoria Anne
06-13-2007, 11:06 PM
I shave my legs and thin the rest, my wifes ok with the legs but she likes the chest hair so it stays except for special occasions were I can do a body shave and yes to the genital trim.

Frankie-Dear
06-13-2007, 11:08 PM
LMAO.. I'm reminded of Robin Williams's routine about women: They'll RIP THE HAIR OUT BY THE ROOTS, but they scream their brains out over a little spider. LOL

Women are damn tough... After my little experiment with waxing, women have my undying respect!! LOL

TeRe
06-14-2007, 12:55 AM
i've been shaving legs for close to 3 years now. Started late fall and stopped for the summer so family would not ask "why?" Then fall same year started shaving legs again and thought well why not shave more. Only part I cant reach well is the back. Would have a SO if one was around. But I love the feeling of smooth legs. I know its time for a shave if i dont do it earlier, when my legs rub against eachother when i go to bed.

Tree GG
06-14-2007, 08:34 AM
90+ posts regarding leg shaving.

That's got to mean something. What? I don't know but I find it darned interesting. :thumbsup:

Asked the husband and he said, yes he did notice my leg shaving status. Who knew? And of course, he prefers to be shaven himself.

So the majority say they do/enjoy the leg shaving thing. How many find their partner's shaven status significant to attraction? Does your appreciation of shavedness extend beyond your own grooming preferences?

Katie Moore
07-02-2007, 04:03 PM
I've been shaving everything but my arms for about two months now and I love it. Now I look at everybody who is in shorts and if there is hair it repulses me... My SO is actually starting to likeit except of course when "Mr. Stubbly" does not shave. LOL

DonnaT
07-02-2007, 04:32 PM
I've not shaved my legs since the mid 70's when my wife initiated the shaving. She liked it until I told her I was a TV.

Skip to last month, I was sitting on the couch rubbing my legs (I had hose on) and she asked me why I was doing that. I told her I liked the smooth feeling, but would rather the legs be hairless.

She said, if I bought her a sleep number bed, then I could shave my legs.

We now have a sleep number bed.

I'm waiting for the 30 day return period to end, then I'll shave, that way she can't send the bed back to prevent me from shaving. ;)

Rachel M
07-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Like many of the others have stated, no one really notices or even cares. Many of my female friends were more like "oh" and as for the guys some questioned "WHAT?" Guys like to tease if given the opportunity. So when you shave 'em, just act like its not big deal and make it a non-issue. "...to each, his own."
Rachel

Tip or Ozma
07-02-2007, 05:50 PM
I shave my legs and my wife has no objections. I am not out much in shorts as a guy, but that is not an issue when I am. I do enjoy the feeling of smooth legs with stockings and even with trousers in guy mode.

Ten years ago, one of the side effects of my prostate cancer treatment was that my hair stopped growing. That was the only part of the treatment that I didn't mind.

Kiwi Michelle
07-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Shaved legs all year round but rest of body only in winter. My job is very "macho" type and shaved men are considered strange. I love winter time!!

Lora Olivia
07-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Shaved legs?....I say heck yeah honey....as for other parts..well I know for me underarms, chest, genetalia are an all the time must....always joke with the wife that when i win the lottery i will have neck down electrolysis

Jamie001
07-03-2007, 01:16 AM
It doesn't matter if shaved men are considered "strange". It is not anyone's business. If anyone says anything, tell them that it is not their business. Be true to yourself and don't let other people dictate how your body should look. Don't be a puppet. :2c:

Shaved legs all year round but rest of body only in winter. My job is very "macho" type and shaved men are considered strange. I love winter time!!

aka.laura
07-03-2007, 03:18 AM
I started shaving my genitals after I had my vasectomy. They shaved me in hospital and and I jumped at the opportunity ;o) My wife liked it and so did I. I started shaving my legs about 3 years ago.
Q: What do you girls like better: razors or chemicals/creams? I tried cream (veet) but I think it takes a lot longer.

Nataliecan
07-03-2007, 10:36 AM
I shave my entire body...genital included....so much better feeling. I have been doing it for the last 7 years with an electric epilator "Satinelle" from Phillips.

samcs
07-03-2007, 11:17 AM
I just started using the Veet product on my legs and love how they turned out.

jessbcuzz
07-03-2007, 11:24 AM
I shave my legs on friday, and when monday rolls around, I usuall use nair to get me through the week.

Kellicd
07-03-2007, 02:33 PM
too often. I like the INTUITION razor for convenience, but have discovered that VEET works better and lasts longer. Any tips on how to beat the "rash" in the pubic area? :Angry3: The wife prefers me with hairy legs but I have her convinced that it's cooler with no hair. :D

Becky10
07-03-2007, 05:03 PM
I don't shave mine very often - it takes so long to grow back and might look suspicious!! What I use instead are semi-opaque flesh coloured tights that give a very good impression of sheer tights on shaved legs - and they feel really great too!!

Stormgirl
07-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Shave my legs every couple of days

Tvanessa
07-03-2007, 05:54 PM
As much as I would love to shave my legs year round I only do so when cool weather comes. I like wearing shorts at work just a little too much but it does make the South Carolina summer a little more tolerable.

Audrey34
07-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Wow, so many posts on this topic! Well, better to weigh in late than not at all. I've been shaving my legs (plus chest and underarms) for years. I don't wear shorts in the summer so I never worry about anybody noticing.
-Audrey

stephanie66
07-04-2007, 09:15 AM
I have been shaving my body for about 2 years now and dont like the idea of going back to being hairy again,i tend to shave my legs and genitals twice a week and arms and chest once a week :happy:

Sandy1967
07-04-2007, 09:25 AM
I started shaving my body about two months ago, I do have an advantage since I have fair skin and lite colored hair, so I did not think it would have a big impact. I wear shorts every day to work and short sleeve shirts, I meet about 20-30 customers a day and 13 guys I work with, no one has commented on my shaving. My wife is o.k. with me shaving as part of my crossdressing. It is very sensual to shave and I love the feeling of no hair on my body, it seems to complete the crossdressing. People are too busy to notice or they just respect your decisions.

Best,
Allison

KandisTX
07-04-2007, 02:23 PM
I have to agree with those that have said "It completes the dressing". I noticed very early on that I was not presenting as a woman very well with those hairy legs. My second wife was the first one to ever shave my legs during her attempt to "scare" me out of dressing. Immediately, I noticed the differance when putting on a pair of L'eggs Sheer Energy pantyhose. The feeling of that fabric against soft smooth legs was so invigorating and energizing. I haven't stopped since.. okay well maybe I have a forest on the legs at the moment, but I've been so busy lately I have not had time to take my "Kandis time" and do all that she loves so much. ;)

Kandis :love:

Jolene
07-04-2007, 02:33 PM
I have been shaving my legs for well over a year now and wonder why it took me so many years to do it. Also have been noticing other guys in public with shaved legs as well.
Jolene :)

Kellycd7
07-04-2007, 03:18 PM
I just replenished my supply of Lady razors and cream, and am going to shave
around my "sensitive" areas tonight i think,..I shave my legs fully when i know won't be out very much with shorts, and I look forward to it
because it feels wonderful,... with some very sexy, tight hose and stockings! And of course we can't forget the 5 to 6" heels, can we!! :happy:

Denise01
07-04-2007, 03:32 PM
I am totally shaved now, and have been for well over 3 years,

The first summer I thought i would get some comments from the people I work with about having no hair on my arms, and never heard a peep out of any one.

I now would not even think of going back to having hair on my body, arms or legs, and it feels so much better to be nice and smooth.

I use Veet for sensative skin about once every 4 to 6 weeks, and in between use ladies razors. I too find that mens razors just do not give you as nice a shave.

Hairless now and love it

Denise

Sarah.
07-04-2007, 05:33 PM
I waxed everything below my neck 2 weeks ago and they're just now starting to grow back. It wasn't that bad, I would just recommend hard liquor during the process. :D

Chelseaswpa
07-04-2007, 06:28 PM
I shave everything- except the "top" of my arms. I use Tone soap and gillette 4 blade razor. I only use new or maybe once used blades for the pubic area tho. They are expensive but the shave is so close. I then use Avon's skin so soft on my legs and pubic area- seems to help with the razor rash. I do want to get the GG version of the shaver as it would be easier to hold in the shower I think.

DAVIDA
07-04-2007, 06:49 PM
I too shave every day. I am a contractor and I wear shorts to work. If anyone has noticed, they have not said a thing! But, I don't really care whether or not they do!

JamieTV
07-04-2007, 09:47 PM
the only way to wear stockings and get the full effect is to shave those legs

sandyl2sc
07-04-2007, 09:51 PM
I guess I am blessed; the only hair on my body is on my head and crouch area. Sure makes life easy when I wear an evening dress and not have to worry about a hairy chest or legs.

erickka
07-05-2007, 07:22 AM
My SO is not supportive ,so I can't shave anything but my face:( Would love to be hairless, that way I could wear sexy sheer hose and short sleeve shirts.

Bonnie D
07-05-2007, 08:20 AM
I shaved my underarms and chest a few months ago for the first time right after I came out to my SO. She told me that I should have my chest waxed so that the hair will grow back finer. She then asked if I wanted anything else waxed? I said I wanted my legs waxed too. She didn't want me to go to the same place she goes so we decided on another place not too far away. She called for prices and whether or not they will accept a man. The prices were acceptable and they do have male clients, although not for waxes but they will accept me. I went and the pain was not as bad as I expected and the girl was nice. She had never waxed a man before. We had a good session and she will do it again for me the next time I come in. Every 2 months should be okay for now.

I love the feel. I asked my SO about lotion and she showed me what she uses and told me I can use it too.

I play hockey all the year around and was wondering what to tell the guys when they noticed. I decided that I would just say that I like it this way. It's been 4 weeks now and nobody has said anything.

Bonnie

Josie femme
07-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Shaved my leg a couple of times, LOVED IT, great feeling of freedom. Wife wasn't so impressed. Shaved my man parts and the wife loves it.:happy: