PDA

View Full Version : I've laid Brenda to rest

bredalee25
06-12-2007, 04:16 AM
Hi girls,
Well it's been a week now since i stopped dressing for me just to see if it was as important to me as i thought it was. Turns out that i'm happier now than ever and dressing was just my way of not going out as my guy self and meeting new people. I don't miss it at all i'm not gonna purge my stuff because as we all know someday it could all come back and i'd be facing buying everything all over. I'm gonna put it in storage for just such a day if it were to become important to me once again.
I'll still be active on here and stay in touch with all my friends i've made and maybe make a few new ones. But i'll be visiting as Scott now for now Brenda is laid to rest. Whats interesting is that it was my choice to stop dressing now if it were another person who told me to stop i don't think i'd be able to i would still dress just to spite them and show them that nobody contolls my life. So i hope all of you can still accept me as Scott.

ttfn

Scott

Marla S
06-12-2007, 04:24 AM
I can accept you as Scott.
Everybody has to find its own way to the self. The only measure is the own will and comfort.
Hence if you feel more comfortable now, it's perfectly fine with me.

Gisele
06-12-2007, 04:54 AM
It's nice to meet you Scott!

I hope you will be happy and that you won't have to bring your things out of the storage ever again. I think if I could do the same I would too. Maybe one day but I enjoy it too much right now.

:love:Beth

Tamera
06-12-2007, 05:24 AM
Doesn't matter who you are. I accept you whatever gender you want to be. Thats why this is called Crossdressing. Its not easy living a Split Personality.

But once the girl is inside you, I beleive she will come back. I have not known anyone where the female trait was gone completely.

LOL
Tamera

Charleen
06-12-2007, 05:46 AM
Not "could" come back, but will, so good for you putting your things in storage. Glad you're stickin' around as well.

Karren H
06-12-2007, 06:37 AM
I don't quit understand your reasons for stopping let alone why you thought you dressed... But hey..... Don't understand it myself and don't really care to either.. For me its all about balance.. And not getting carried away with crossdressing which is very easy to do..

I wouldn't purge if I were you but just put your fem stuff away.. Especially if your going to hang around here.. Bad example but I'll use it anyway... Its like an alchololic dumping all her booze down the drain at home and swearing off the stuff but then going down to the bar and hanging with her old drinking buddies.. Lol

Well what ever you do have fun..

Karren

Kate Simmons
06-12-2007, 08:07 AM
Scott or Brenda, makes no difference to me. You know where I live and if you ever want to get together in drag or drab, I have no problem regardless, my friend. The important thing is to be yourself, whoever that "self" may be. I'm taking a break myself for different reasons but will be dressing occassionally when the opportunities arise. In any case, I've learned to say:"Never say never again" because I know better. The adventure is just beginning for me as Rich though and Sal has enough wisdom to take a back seat for awhile. My goal is to be the person I want to be, no matter what I look like and the clothes are just that--clothes. Although I do have to admit looking nice does have it's perks sometimes, such as when I receive compliments, etc. I wish you well Scott and look forward to your future postings.:thumbsup::happy:

Dixie
06-12-2007, 08:10 AM
Good luck Scott!!!:drink:

Stephenie S
06-12-2007, 08:34 AM
I kinda have to echo Karren's thoughts here. "I'm going to quit, but I'll still hang about here." Yeah, right!

What ever, hon. Good luck to you.

Steph

Wendy me
06-12-2007, 08:44 AM
hey good luck in what ever you do ...... we will be here when you are back.........

Daintre
06-12-2007, 09:28 AM
The name you go by here whether it is Scott or Brenda, really doesn't matter, it is the inner you we want to know and that person is the same no matter how you are dressed. I hope you are taking this hiatus for the right reasons, and we will see you around as Scott until Brenda wants to come out to play again.

windycissy
06-12-2007, 09:54 AM
We won't proclaim a new religion when Brenda is resurrected - it would be more of a miracle if she was truly departed!

Jaydee
06-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Good Luck, Scott
It takes effort to make a change in behavior. No one denies the difficulty in stopping smoking. Compared to CD'ing, for most of us, stopping smoking is a piece of cake. Many of us, myself included have tried to stop,but unsuccessfully. We are rooting for you. You give us hope.

Jaydee

caffine
06-12-2007, 12:09 PM
good luck scott,hope it works out 4 u.but dont forget that it will be on the back burner in your mind. ttyl

Toyah
06-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Hey if you wanna be here we will always be around

gennee
06-12-2007, 02:20 PM
We'll be here, Scott.

Gennee

:happy:

Lovely Rita
06-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Hi girls,
Well it's been a week now since i stopped dressing for me just to see if it was as important to me as i thought it was. Turns out that i'm happier now than ever and dressing was just my way of not going out as my guy self and meeting new people. I don't miss it at all i'm not gonna purge my stuff because as we all know someday it could all come back and i'd be facing buying everything all over. I'm gonna put it in storage for just such a day if it were to become important to me once again.
I'll still be active on here and stay in touch with all my friends i've made and maybe make a few new ones. But i'll be visiting as Scott now for now Brenda is laid to rest. Whats interesting is that it was my choice to stop dressing now if it were another person who told me to stop i don't think i'd be able to i would still dress just to spite them and show them that nobody contolls my life. So i hope all of you can still accept me as Scott.

ttfn

Scott

I wish you much success on your new journey and I know you can do it. I respect your decision and will support and encourage you 100%.:thumbsup::love:

sterling12
06-12-2007, 03:35 PM
We shall see, won't we?

If you can make it stick, please let us know. There are many folks who would like to know your methods. I've seen at least a couple of dozen posts over the last two years from people who thought they had it licked. And, then the urges came back! Some have claimed it took years, but the urges came back.

What I haven't seen? A posting from someone who claimed to be " Lifelong CD_Free." But then again, nobody would really know that to be true, can't post a message after your death.

Here's a simple test.....if your thinking about it, then your not free of it, just abstaining.

Good luck to you, your going to need it. If you slip or fail, please don't mentally beat yourself up. You can then work on an achievable task, acceptance!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Kristen Kelly
06-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Good luck Scott, not as easy as you think. I put Kristen into self imposed exile for 2 years, thought I was all over it, boy did that mess me up. I was so depressed gained 40 pounds, went to see a shrink, when my gender issues surfaced after a few months I realized it was like was like trying to run with 1 leg, sure it can be done but not just the same. Now Kristen is always a part of me no matter how I’m dressed, where there was 2 personalities now there are 1, a happy mix of both.

Kate Simmons
06-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Kristen has the right idea. We can no more deny who we are than we can stop breating or eating. We can, however, modify it to a comfortable level as needed, when needed. Like Kristen, this "part" of me is always here, no matter how I am presenting.:happy:

bredalee25
06-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Well i'm off to a great start with my mind on the girl from work who tonight told me she has deep really deep down feelings for me i'm not even missing it so obviously it isn't as important as she is she was here with me to eat dinner tonight and we talked for a few hours and i never once thought of anything but her. My life couldn't be any better than it is right now. I'm just waiting for my true love to get rid of her husband so we can be together.

ttfn

Ellie C
06-13-2007, 06:13 AM
hi scott :) ,
can understand your decision and hope all goes well for you xx:thumbsup: