PDA

View Full Version : Going "Out" Saturday, Preparations

Stephanie Brooks
03-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Tomorrow night is the night out at the Transgender Education Association (TGEA) meeting in the DC area. It's still ON for me.

Weather should be acceptable. Wx forecast for tomorrow night (forecast was released an hour and a half ago):

.Overnight...Cloudy. A chance of light rain changing to light snow
until midnight. Little or no accumulation expected. Lows around 30.
Southwest winds around 10 mph...becoming light. Chance of
precipitation 30 percent.
.Saturday...Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain and snow in the
morning...then a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the lower
40s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 40
percent.
.Saturday night...Mostly cloudy in the evening...then becoming
partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 20s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

I just spent over an hour with the new wig. I think it will work well enough for tomorrow night. I trimmed the bangs, brushed it, tried to make it fit, got bloody frustrated with it, and decided that I don't know if I like it. I also decided I'd wear it like a new haircut; a bad one lasts a short time. (My frustration is more with myself. The wig is fine when I consider it objectively.)

The dresses came yesterday. The cute short sleeved dress needs to be exchanged for a larger size, but the knit dress is just right. I actually went with smaller sizes this time, not because I'd lost weight (I actually have gained weight :eek: ), but because in the past the typical sizes I order are often too loose.

I'm tired, mentally drained, and have dozens of excuses for cancelling. I also have many reasons for going, and will continue to do so. I'm planning to take the digital camera, so with any luck I might have a picture or two to post by Sunday night. (I'm staying overnight in a hotel, and probably won't have the laptop with me. Evil thoughts: I could stop into the office and post from there. I'll be nearby. Hmmm.... Don't count on it.)

Closing thoughts:

I came here on October 18, 2004. Here's my opening post and thread:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2385

Things have changed just a bit since then. ;) With any luck things will continue to improve.

The marriage is still in bad shape, but we're still together. Divorce is not in the immediate future. That's not to say things are fine; they're not. It's just that it isn't the end.

In deference to Tristen (and not wishing to make her laugh), I won't bow. I will however say, "Thank you everyone!"

*BIG HUGGLES*

Tristen Cox
03-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Oh don't you even think of not going, now get yourself ready and do not be late arriving. We expect pictures upon your return. But above all make sure you have a good time:) Thinking of you...

Love
Tristen

(No bowing to me, you're the queen I'm only a princess)

DanaJ
03-04-2005, 11:19 PM
Fantastic news Steph, and like Tristen says - you HAVE to go now! And you have to listen to her cuz she is the mod you know ;)

DanaJ

Holly
03-04-2005, 11:28 PM
Stephanie,

I KNOW that you're going to have a great time! I'll be looking forward to hearing all about it next week. I'm also happy that things at home are showing some improvement. This is not an easy life we have we have choosen (or have been choosen by) to live. Take some time to be yourself and enjoy your weekend!

racquel
03-05-2005, 03:11 AM
Good for you, hope you have a wonderful time.Best wishes Stephanie.

Stephanie Brooks
03-05-2005, 08:50 AM
Thank you everyone! Time to get prepared. :)

Akyra
03-05-2005, 08:52 AM
oh goodie i wish i wuz a fly on yur wall.......

yum yumm........

StephanieCD
03-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go!

You can do it :)

Wendy me
03-05-2005, 09:02 AM
girlfreind ........you know that your going to have a real good time....enjoy your selfe
go enjoy i am so happy for you .........pics. ????? any way i will be thinking of you....
go get ready.....................and yes dance a bit .....no dance a lot
huge hugs
love you sister

Priscilla1018
03-05-2005, 09:53 AM
Hi Stephanie,

GO FOR IT GIRL

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Stephanie Brooks
03-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Hi everyone!

Everything's packed and ready to go. Time to go get a bite <*looks around for Crispy*> and then off to the - well, not a Ball, but it may as well be. :D

Tristen, I'm going. Yay! There's no turning back. I'll have pictures.

Danaj, I certainly wouldn't want the mod against me. Hmmm... mod... Mom Of Day.

Thank you Holly. Full report will be forthcoming.

Thank you Racquel. It will be fun.

Akyra, I'll think of you while I'm there. As far as being a fly on the wall, I'd rather you could be here and enjoy the time too! ^_^ For that matter, I wish all of you could be here.

StephanieCD, yes I can do it!

Wendy, thank you. I'll be dancin' girl!

Thank you Priscilla!

Now I've got to go. You ladies take care of the place while I'm gone. I will probably be offline until late Sunday night (this post time +35 hours or so), given family obligations on my return.

Thanks and *BIG WARM HUGGLES*!!!!

Love,

Stephanie

Wendy me
03-05-2005, 01:13 PM
enjoy girlfreind

Fiona K
03-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Enjoy yourself Stephanie,
We'll expect a full report!!
Fiona
xx

Julie
03-05-2005, 02:47 PM
Stephanie I know deep down you're looking forwared to this and I hope you make those old aquaitences you mentioned previously. Have a wonderful evening we'll all be thinking of you and waiting for your update when family obligations allow.

Love Julie J

stevie h
03-05-2005, 02:57 PM
good luck babe

stevie

xx

Stephanie Brooks
03-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Thank you Fiona, Julie, and Stevie! I'm back, and am about to do a report on a separate thread, complete with pictures. In a nutshell, it went great!

Julie
03-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Superb Stephanie, I'm so pleased for you. Look forward to your thread.

JJ

Wendy me
03-06-2005, 02:25 PM
way cool sister